PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it time the Ker'shal Scepter finally gets fixed?

Energizeric
05-09-2014, 12:24 AM
There has been many discussions of this in the past, and while I read them, I never was able to understand as I had never used the staff. Now I have one, and I agree with all that has been said by others.

The stats of the staff are great --- no complaints here. The problem is with the proc. While every other arcane and mythic weapon has a great proc, the proc of this staff is pathetic to say the least. Many legendary staffs have better procs.

I thought that having the arcane staff and full mythic gear would make be unstoppable in PvP. In season 4, I owned in PvP with my runic gun and mythic gear. So having an Arcane weapon should be even more OP, right? Not the case! And it is definitely all about the proc.

And STS has now announced these new level 41 mythic weapons, all with super cool procs. I have no doubt that the arcane staff will still have better stats than the new mythic rifle. However, with that cool "root" proc, the mythic rifle is surely going to become the more desirable sorcerer weapon.

So please STS, please update the arcane staff and make it what it should have always been....

Here are my suggestions for what should be changed:

1) for an uncharged attack, the +60 INT and push back are good. However, the +10 mana regen is useless. Sorcerers with an arcane staff have 5000+ mana. Giving us +10 mana regen for 8 seconds is a boost of 80 mana. Useless. Please give us something useful. How about a healing proc, but even still a +10 health regen is so small as to be useless. It would have to be something decent to be of any use.

Keep in mind that in PvP, when you stun the opponent (as many weapon procs including the runic gun do), they are unable to attack you for a few seconds. Each attack in PvP at endgame is usually 1000-4000 damage with warriors being at the low end of that scale and rogues being at the high end. So a missed attack by your opponent spares you 1000-4000 health. So a healing proc would be good, but it would have to be something sizable to really matter. Giving 80 extra health or mana so not going to make any difference in whether a sorcerer lives or dies in a PvP battle.

2) Shadowflare --- this was a cool idea making the charged attack much like a fireball skill, but the execution is poor. If you were to take a poll of Ker'shal Scepter users and asked how often they use the charged attack, I would be shocked if you were to find a single player who does. Shadowflare causes less damage than a regular non-charged attack, it rarely procs, and even when it does the proc is of little use. It also takes 3 times as long to charge as does fireball. Let's just say that if I tried to use shadowflare during a PvP battle, I would be dead before the skill was charged.

As was originally explained at its introduction, the benefit of shadowflare was suppose to be that it uses no mana. Well, so does every charged attack by every weapon that exists in Arcane Legends. So this is not some rare benefit. But as sorcerers have so much mana, running out of mana is an issue we don't face. I would have to have a dozen kills in PvP with no deaths before I would ever run out of mana.

So here is what I would do to make shadowflare useful..... Charge time should be no more than a regular skill. Otherwise why would anyone want to use it? And make it like fireball.....give it stun capability. Or alternatively, give it the crit reduction that it currently has, but not a small chance for this, but something decent. And it should have MORE damage than a regular non-charged attack, not less. That is why we charge our skills, so we get more, not less. Anything less and I just don't see any use.

I do think it's about time this was addressed. Make this arcane item what it is suppose to be. At level 26 rogues were unstoppable with the hooks, and at both level 31 and 36, warriors were unstoppable with maul (and still are really). Give sorcerers the chance now, because we have never really had that.

Layzi
05-09-2014, 12:31 AM
im pretty sure + 10/8 mana or health regen isnt 80 mana its actually ur mana regens way faster for ex. use flapjack u will see ur mana is way faster regening then using any other pet lol , i doubt sts will do anything about the staff bcuz changing the stats ex. +15 int more its a different thing then changing the whole proc itself
just my opinion

Anarchist
05-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Wait for client update :)

Energizeric
05-09-2014, 12:40 AM
im pretty sure + 10/8 mana or health regen isnt 80 mana its actually ur mana regens way faster for ex.

+10 mana regen means you regain 10 extra mana per second. And yes, that is all you basically get. My mana regens 1-2% during those 8 seconds when the proc hits. It's rather useless.

Layzi
05-09-2014, 12:44 AM
ow i never tested it only on lv 10 twink probably the answer of why i get more then half my mana back

supersyan
05-09-2014, 12:51 AM
They won't change proc mid season. Now gun is coming. all sorc eyes are on gun now

faefaefae
05-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Can't agree more.

I only use the charged attack of my arcane staff to try to hit other players for fun when I am in towns.

Aneheazatek
05-09-2014, 01:27 AM
41 mythics are on the way.

Doubt they will do anything to kershal.

probably looking cool is one of the plus point of kershal beside it's mana plus and slow charge :)

falmear
05-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Give up on this, its a lost cause. Nothing will happen. People didn't want to believe me when I first posted about this stuff back in November. Now that more people have arcane staff, they know what I said was accurate. As for mythic gun don't let yet another paper design fool you. Just wait and see what it is and how it works. People get over excited by marketing hype and it doesn't deliver. Think of arcane staff and singe. So don't rush to judgement on the new mythic gun before they even release this weapon. We don't know how good or bad it will be.

Spell
05-09-2014, 01:35 AM
I have given up on the staff fix tbh.how many times we posted about it (/_\)

Leonut
05-09-2014, 01:42 AM
There has been many discussions of this in the past, and while I read them, I never was able to understand as I had never used the staff. Now I have one, and I agree with all that has been said by others.

The stats of the staff are great --- no complaints here. The problem is with the proc. While every other arcane and mythic weapon has a great proc, the proc of this staff is pathetic to say the least. Many legendary staffs have better procs.

I thought that having the arcane staff and full mythic gear would make be unstoppable in PvP. In season 4, I owned in PvP with my runic gun and mythic gear. So having an Arcane weapon should be even more OP, right? Not the case! And it is definitely all about the proc.

And STS has now announced these new level 41 mythic weapons, all with super cool procs. I have no doubt that the arcane staff will still have better stats than the new mythic rifle. However, with that cool "root" proc, the mythic rifle is surely going to become the more desirable sorcerer weapon.

So please STS, please update the arcane staff and make it what it should have always been....

1) for an uncharged attack, the +60 INT and push back are good. However, the +10 mana regen is useless. Sorcerers with an arcane staff have 5000+ mana. Giving us +10 mana regen for 8 seconds is a boost of 80 mana. Useless. Please give us something useful. How about a healing proc, but even still a +10 health regen is so small as to be useless. It would have to be something decent to be of any use.

Keep in mind that in PvP, when you stun the opponent (as many weapon procs including the runic gun do), they are unable to attack you for a few seconds. Each attack in PvP at endgame is usually 1000-4000 damage with warriors being at the low end of that scale and rogues being at the high end. So a missed attack by your opponent spares you 1000-4000 health. So a healing proc would be good, but it would have to be something sizable to really matter. Giving 80 extra health or mana so not going to make any difference in whether a sorcerer lives or dies in a PvP battle.

2) Shadowflare --- this was a cool idea making the charged attack much like a fireball skill, but the execution is poor. If you were to take a poll of Ker'shal Scepter users and asked how often they use the charged attack, I would be shocked if you were to find a single player who does. Shadowflare causes less damage than a regular non-charged attack, it rarely procs, and even when it does the proc is of little use. It also takes 3 times as long to charge as does fireball. Let's just say that if I tried to use shadowflare during a PvP battle, I would be dead before the skill was charged.

As was originally explained at its introduction, the benefit of shadowflare was suppose to be that it uses no mana. Well, so does every charged attack by every weapon that exists in Arcane Legends. So this is not some rare benefit. But as sorcerers have so much mana, running out of mana is an issue we don't face. I would have to have a dozen kills in PvP with no deaths before I would ever run out of mana.

So here is what I would do to make shadowflare useful..... Charge time should be no more than a regular skill. Otherwise why would anyone want to use it? And make it like fireball.....give it stun capability. Or alternatively, give it the crit reduction that it currently has, but not a small chance for this, but something decent. And it should have MORE damage than a regular non-charged attack, not less. That is why we charge our skills, so we get more, not less. Anything less and I just don't see any use.

I do think it's about time this was addressed. Make this arcane item what it is suppose to be. At level 26 rogues were unstoppable with the hooks, and at both level 31 and 36, warriors were unstoppable with maul (and still are really). Give sorcerers the chance now, because we have never really had that.

Totally agree with you on this. The arcane staff has really been good for its base stats. Proc wise and the other perks are a shame to the word arcane.

Last season was supposed to be the season for sorcerers and to be honest it was not a very defining season for them. Shows how much STS really dislike sorcerers. One would imagine maybe the developer has a grudge against sorcerers because the class he played in his/her favourite mmo was pawn faced by sorcerers. If they could they would have left it out completely. That aside the sorcerer remains a primary class in such a fantasy genre mmo, so they have no choice but to have it. Their secret revenge is to make it look like an ugly smurf and have every other class own it in pvp.

falmear
05-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Last season was supposed to be the season for sorcerers and to be honest it was not a very defining season for them. Shows how much STS really dislike sorcerers. One would imagine maybe the developer has a grudge against sorcerers because the class he played in his/her favourite mmo was pawn faced by sorcerers. If they could they would have left it out completely. That aside the sorcerer remains a primary class in such a fantasy genre mmo, so they have no choice but to have it. Their secret revenge is to make it look like an ugly smurf and have every other class own it in pvp.

I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here. But you can see here what their view on rogues is, you can draw your own conclusions:

Iliketolol
05-09-2014, 02:05 AM
Kershal gnna get owned next event xD

Linkincena
05-09-2014, 02:41 AM
What i can only say after 2 years is...
Sorcerer play is only using player's intelligence on skills...

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 02:58 AM
Wait for client update :)

If you do not know anything about the subject matter, please don't talk. What is the client update going to do for the Ker'shal Scepter? Nothing.

Kershal gnna get owned next event xD

Kershal gets owned by Expedition Rifles on a daily basis. Next event? Next event has passed a long time ago.

I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here. But you can see here what their view on rogues is, you can draw your own conclusions:

It's funny how the employees don't even know their own game...

Sorry to disagree H2N, but I honestly think that mages are the hardest to master. All you need on a rogue is crit. I see non-mythic rogues running around in PvP killing arcane rogues. Maybe luck is a hard skill to master? I've had a few discussions with a few mage friends of mine. I can easily name the top 10 rogues that come to mind, however, it is very difficult to come up with the top 10 mages. And when you see Expedition Rifle mages constantly killing arcane staff mages, you realize that our class is just screwed up.

Take a look...

Give up on this, its a lost cause. Nothing will happen. People didn't want to believe me when I first posted about this stuff back in November. Now that more people have arcane staff, they know what I said was accurate. As for mythic gun don't let yet another paper design fool you. Just wait and see what it is and how it works. People get over excited by marketing hype and it doesn't deliver. Think of arcane staff and singe. So don't rush to judgement on the new mythic gun before they even release this weapon. We don't know how good or bad it will be.

Doesn't matter if I get the gun or not, I'll throw my iPad off my balcony if the root doesn't work in PvP.

Haligali
05-09-2014, 03:01 AM
Good luck on your thread Eric! :)

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 03:11 AM
It's ridiculous how long this is taking to fix a simple problem that would take, what, half an hour? Tbh, the mage class in AL is the weirdest, most messed up, most screwed up class in the entire world of MMO's.

Joncheese
05-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Rip kershal

Sceazikua
05-09-2014, 03:27 AM
Maybe if they fixed it they should buff it up to 41 so those who bought it doesnt feel like scammed because the fix came more than half a year to its release.
Pls remiem or any mods/devs I know you read these threads, please report it to the devs :(

Anarchist
05-09-2014, 04:36 AM
If you do not know anything about the subject matter, please don't talk. What is the client update going to do for the Ker'shal Scepter? Nothing.

There are many other things to fix rather than scepters, more urgent things that everyone can benefit from, not to mention the fact this problems are more recent than the scepter issue which have been battled since the early ages of mankind himself.
Imho i do not even believe any fix would be made to the staff, if i am not mistaking and i do not think i am i read somewhere devs are perfectly content with the actual state of the arcane staff.

So there two ways or you wait and hope for the client update or you wait and hope for the client update.

Alhuntrazeck
05-09-2014, 06:38 AM
There are many other things to fix rather than scepters, more urgent things that everyone can benefit from, not to mention the fact this problems are more recent than the scepter issue which have been battled since the early ages of mankind himself.
Imho i do not even believe any fix would be made to the staff, if i am not mistaking and i do not think i am i read somewhere devs are perfectly content with the actual state of the arcane staff.

So there two ways or you wait and hope for the client update or you wait and hope for the client update.

They said there was nothing wrong with the windmill glitch, either, way back in s2. And look how that turned out.

I think Kershal should have a buff - the maul FAR outclasses it.

Also, we're not talking about a couple of players, we're talking about perhaps AL's most plat-spending sorcerers - and those are quite a big group. I think the proc should be changed to, say, an armor buff (God knows we need it), +60 INT, stun and perhaps some HP. Also, the shadowflare should be able to stun (and be subject to stun immunity)

Candylicks
05-09-2014, 07:08 AM
+1

It would be nice to hear back from STS on this, we've had dozens of threads and I have never seen a response on it.

keikali
05-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Didn't you guys notice the .0000000000000002 reduction in charge time? Comeon man! Making it too fast would deem it "overpowering".

Sceazikua
05-09-2014, 08:04 AM
+1

It would be nice to hear back from STS on this, we've had dozens of threads and I have never seen a response on it.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135690-Arcane-Staff-Charged-Attack-Low-Damage-amp-Slow-Charge-Time&p=1484617&viewfull=1#post1484617
After that, no more response. I know mods and samhayne check threads every day and locks all "pvp drama" or move any off topic to their respective place, but they dont report this to the devs ~.~ And that thread I linked, after 3 months carapace "finally saw it", while there were many threads responsed by devs or mobs in that section of the forum ~.~ And I edit this post last time, I just noticed sam's reply in a thread about "vanity with stats" half an hour ago, but noone cares about this thread. Trollolol ....

Doobiez
05-09-2014, 08:53 AM
If they were gonna fix it it would be done already

Candylicks
05-09-2014, 09:01 AM
If they were gonna fix it it would be done already

Persistence hopefully helps. I'm sure STS has a ton on their plate and it's way down for things to consider, but the arcane mages need some love for sure.

Anyona
05-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Honestly I see the new mythic gun being no where near ker'shal. The gun is gonna have 550-570 damage and around 3.7k health. I can see arcane staff still being the best pve and pvp weapon by far.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

dantus
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Honestly I see the new mythic gun being no where near ker'shal. The gun is gonna have 550-570 damage and around 3.7k health. I can see arcane staff still being the best pve and pvp weapon by far.

Lol at this

Sceazikua
05-09-2014, 10:43 AM
You cant just give it a stat until you see it. And, I prefer -20% armor and root than 60 int and 10 mana regen lol.

Anyona
05-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Lol at this

Why are you lolling? The gun probably wont give enough hp even if the proc is so good

Tendirin
05-09-2014, 01:16 PM
i think its strong enough as it is

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Athellikyn

Candylicks
05-09-2014, 01:29 PM

The Kershal is a joke in pve. The new myth gun proc will make it more desirable than the staff. I agree we can probably keep the staff for pve but tbh its demise is already in the works.

Unless they decide to select the Kershal as the first arcane weapon for crafting, or they fix it you are looking at unloading it soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Anyona
05-09-2014, 01:34 PM
The Kershal is a joke in pve. The new myth gun proc will make it more desirable than the staff. I agree we can probably keep the staff for pve but tbh its demise is already in the works.

Unless they decide to select the Kershal as the first arcane weapon for crafting, or they fix it you are looking at unloading it soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I just see the decrease in health being quite a problem, damage does matter, there wont be much difference. And I think the gun procs should be arcane lol :)

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 02:19 PM

The gun will have more than 550 damage, and will give more than 3.7k hp. I have over 3.7k hp right now with an Expedition Rifle. Do you even mage?

I just see the decrease in health being quite a problem, damage does matter, there wont be much difference. And I think the gun procs should be arcane lol :)

There will be a noticable difference in damage. Not only will the new gun have more damage statwise (it should), it will have a lot more damage skillwise.

Anyona
05-09-2014, 02:24 PM
The gun will have more than 550 damage, and will give more than 3.7k hp. I have over 3.7k hp right now with an Expedition Rifle. Do you even mage?

There will be a noticable difference in damage. Not only will the new gun have more damage statwise (it should), it will have a lot more damage skillwise.

The damage wont be over 600 and yes I do have a mage but I cannot see the mythic gun surpassing arcane staffs health.

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 02:52 PM
The damage wont be over 600 and yes I do have a mage but I cannot see the mythic gun surpassing arcane staffs health.

I beg to differ. If mages can achieve over 620 damage with the Kershal Scepter, it's more than possible for mages to reach over 650 damage, statwise. The staff will have more health, but it won't be a huge difference. Maybe just a couple hundred hp. But that's not the issue Anyona, please fix Kershal Scepters.

Medicman
05-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I have a Kershal. In my dictionary the Kershal definition is:
Kershal: noun: Oversized, underpowered walking stick that squishy blue mages use.
Do I need to say more.
PLEASE FIX THE KERSHAL!!

Ninjasmurf
05-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I have a Kershal. In my dictionary the Kershal definition is:
Kershal: noun: Oversized, underpowered walking stick that squishy blue mages use.
Do I need to say more.
PLEASE FIX THE KERSHAL!!
True.. Lol it looks cool but it's the worst arcane weapon proc. if the mythic staff has a close proc imagine how much better the mythic gun might be. Also realize how warriors can still use the arcane mauls with no complaints because it's the best weapon in the game. The kershal scepter needs to be fixed before people stop playing Mage because it's too weak.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Energizeric
05-10-2014, 08:36 PM
BUMP -- I don't want this thread to die. Please continue to add your thoughts and comments. Or if you don't have any comments to add, but you support the idea, then please show your support by thanking the first posts. The more support this thread gets, the better chance we have of getting this changed. STS has shown in the past that they do respond to what players want. :)

Ebezaanec
05-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Buff the staff.. I can kill a lot of Kershal mages with a cheap claymore of tactics..

Bout time mages get to shine. They have been underdeveloped for many seasons. They honestly deserve an OP buff so the weapon lives up to "Arcane" status.

Iliketolol
05-10-2014, 11:51 PM

Lmao at the 550 damage, kershal and new upcoming mythic weapon are supposed to be of same power lvl i.e 46...have u ever compared a staff with a gun? It will have 150-200 damage difference at lvl 46.. Right now arcane mages have 650+ damage.. With gun it will be 800+. Theres no doubt about it..

And obviously kershal will die just like singe died in front of samael (bcoz of pvp importance)..

#Ripkershal

Ninjasmurf
05-11-2014, 12:54 AM
1 more thing I'm gonna add is that the lvl 31 mythic gun has a better proc than the arcane staff. If you don't believe me go try it out in PvP. Other than stats, the mythic guns proc is much more useful in clashes and has a more powerful effect than the kershal. This shows how it's not op at all for an arcane weapon.

falmear
05-11-2014, 11:14 AM
The only thing this thread will do is get new mythic gun get pre-nerfed. We have seen this before. Why do you think warriors got sword & shield weapon?

Richard Fingland
05-12-2014, 04:03 AM
Best equipment for mage

Kershal, Singe, Arcane Ring

End of thread.

Ari
Dark Masters

Ninjasmurf
05-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Best equipment for mage

End of thread.

Ari
Dark Masters
Samael is usually better for Mage but the problem is that even with the best arcanes and mythic gear we still get 1 hit by rogues with expidition bows -_-
And without shields warriors can kill us easily with magma swords.

Maalice
05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
+9000

Please buff kershal

Joncheese
05-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Best equipment for mage

End of thread.

Ari
Dark Masters

Kershal will be superseded by the gun, no question. And Samael is best pet for mages.

When the gun comes out you watch those with arcane staffs fall.... It's happening now with expedition rifles.

Buff the staff not nerf the gun..... Arcane should be boss, not a broomstick in the corner of the room gathering dust. Just sayin.

Energizeric
05-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Well, I just re-read through every post in this thread, and only one person said the Kershal should be left alone. Everyone else, including lots of warriors and rogues who posted here, thinks the Kershal should be buffed. Seems pretty unanimous. So let's see what STS does. :)

So for now, I guess this thread should be closed.

falmear
05-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Buff the staff not nerf the gun..... Arcane should be boss, not a broomstick in the corner of the room gathering dust. Just sayin.

They either pre-nerf gun or give some minor buff to arcane staff, so in either case arcane staff still "looks" better in the stats window.

Ninjasmurf
05-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, I just re-read through every post in this thread, and only one person said the Kershal should be left alone. Everyone else, including lots of warriors and rogues who posted here, thinks the Kershal should be buffed. Seems pretty unanimous. So let's see what STS does. :)

So for now, I guess this thread should be closed.

If we're having problems against warriors and rogues now just wait for the new mythics to come out. If the kershal isn't buffed I don't see how mages would be very useful in PvP other than our curse skill :/

Richard Fingland
05-13-2014, 06:15 AM
How can a mythic be better than arcane? Kinda takes the point out of the game doesn't it?

I am pretty sure the new guns stats will not superseed the Kershal.

And yes Energizeric we would all love to have the Kershal buffed.

Ari
Dark Masters

Nitexx
05-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Of course it will be better, just like the lvl 36 myth daggers are better than the lvl 26 arcane hooks. You have to understand, what STS needs to happen is that something is highly desirable for a SHORT period of time, this causes massive rushes of plat buying to get said item. If they let those items persist unchallenged then they will lose money based on the opportunity cost.

Though, if they really wanted to be fair, they should have released a lvl 41 myth that was stronger than the lvl 31 arcane Maul, but now we get into the position of an ever escalating arms race of stronger and stronger items, until people are one hitting an entire mob of players in pvp. They are now being inconsistent between classes which now leads to an inconsistent experience between classes. Those that shelled out for a Maul (or those that shelled out for hooks) have gotten to enjoy it for much longer than the uber expensive yet vastly underpowered KerShal staff, which will now be prematurely supplanted by a lvl 46 myth. It is actually quite deliberate and intentional that mages are being given the shaft here, under their misguided assumption that mage skills and techniques are the 'easiest' and thus the class needs to be shorted.

To be honest, the game was great when I started playing and the experience has slowly drifted downhill. Am definitely in the market for a better game, if any know of one, please let me know :) What I think would be even better would be to remove classes entirely, and just start with empty shells and then add skills and attributes. Why pigeon hole people into set classes, let the items I wear and the skills I choose determine my class. But of course, that's a pipe dream.

Joncheese
05-14-2014, 06:41 AM
I'll bump this thread every day til it gets some attention.

Spell
05-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Why won't any devs say anything T.T So many threads like this have been made yet not on response...

Maalice
05-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Please sts take a look

Remiem
05-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Thank you Energizeric for your very detailed post! Your feedback is extremely valuable as we continue to look into the scepter. For now, I'll point you guys to Carapace's last post on the issue, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135690-Arcane-Staff-Charged-Attack-Low-Damage-amp-Slow-Charge-Time&p=1484617&viewfull=1#post1484617

I've brought this thread to his attention and will look into it again, considering the suggestions and latest feedback. He'll post again if and when we decide on any changes.

Anyona
05-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Thank you Energizeric for your very detailed post! Your feedback is extremely valuable as we continue to look into the scepter. For now, I'll point you guys to Carapace's last post on the issue, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135690-Arcane-Staff-Charged-Attack-Low-Damage-amp-Slow-Charge-Time&p=1484617&viewfull=1#post1484617

I've brought this thread to his attention and will look into it again, considering the suggestions and latest feedback. He'll post again if and when we decide on any changes.

It would be nice for someone to test the staff in game, the charging is really slow and please look into changing the proc.

Anarchist
05-14-2014, 03:27 PM

I bet a crawly egg there will be no revision except in one case: If the kershal overall stats has to be adjusted in relation to the new mythic gun.
My conclusions are based on the fact till now there have been 100 and 1 petitions, feedbacks, tests, demonstrations and nothing has ever been done plus if they buffed the staff now "pardon the lateness".

If i lose come take the egg Ami.

Maliath.

Instanthumor
05-14-2014, 03:36 PM

Have you guys EVER tried PvP?

Ninjasmurf
05-14-2014, 05:03 PM

Why hasn't it been fixed yet? It's the only arcane weapon people have been disappointed about since it was released. Notice how there were never complaints about the arcane maul and hooks because they were very op in their season (maul still is). Now that the lvl 36 cap for mages to shine is over the only thing STS should really do is make sure the next weapon you make for mages is op compared to rogues and warriors and worth 30+mil...

Adding a good proc effect is better than stat increase (if the kershal had a healing proc that helped their entire team in PvP or aoe stun it would be better than the +60 int). Pls just try to give mages a better weapon next time to make everyone happy :) also lowering the charge time wouldn't hurt anyone, Ty.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 05:29 PM
I seem to remember them buffing hooks stats once during the Nordr cap. Better too late than never. :)

FluffNStuff
05-14-2014, 05:50 PM
I seem to remember them buffing hooks stats once during the Nordr cap. Better too late than never. :)

Yeah, but some player, can't remember who ... Energisomething ... complained that buffing old weapons destroys the economy for new weapons, and he made that same argument again against the idea of buffing the level 36 Mythics when the 41 Legendary had higher damage and if you notice STS has NOT buffed any old weapons since. I am pretty sure that player is going to make sure that STS does NOT buff the Level 36 Arcane Staff as he will clearly argue it will absolutely ruin the economy of the Level 41 Mythics. Sad for all the Sorc's out there, but they should take the issue up with him.

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 05:55 PM
You misremember what happened. I was not against the buffing of arcane hooks during the Nordr expansion. What I was against was when people wanted it to again be buffed in the Shuyal expansion so it would be better than level 36 legendary weapons. At the time I said if they did that then I would quit end game and make a level 26 pvp rogue.

My reasons had little to do with the economy. The stats of any arcane item are not going to have an affect on the economy as they are too rare to matter enough. My reasons had to do with pvp balance. When you buff them for end game, you also alter twink pvp balance. But since arcane sorcerers were not even the slightest bit OP at level 36, that is not an issue.

The hooks were indeed very OP at level 26, so buffing them again and again would not have been a wise idea as they would have ruined level 26 pvp forever.

Also, notice that I am not suggesting they increase the stats of the kershal, nor am I suggesting they increase the damage. That is what people who wanted the hooks to be buffed were arguing for. I just want them to change the proc to be similar to other arcane weapons.

falmear
05-14-2014, 07:14 PM
If they want to "fix" the staff here is my proposal.

1) Eliminate Shadowflare, lets be honest with ourselves, no one is charging this thing. And replace it with a normal charged attack that every staff has which stuns. Because its not a spell no matter how many times you say it. Its just a low chance to proc on a charged attack.
2) Move the charged attack proc (10% crit reduction & snare) to the normal attack. And make whatever necessary adjustments in terms of chance in combination with the current non-charged proc.

This doesn't fundamentally change how the staff was intended on working beyond eliminating the issue with that it does less damage when charged. Then when we charge it, we can stun with it and it functions like every other staff. And we still get the benefit of 10% crit reduction and 30% snare when it procs.

And in my opinion this should have been the original design. Look at the other arcane weapons:

1) Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR
2) Hooks: Chance to -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.

So you telling me if the proc was changed to this it would be any different then the proc on other arcanes?

Proposed Arcane staff proc: Chance to proc +60 INT, +10 Mana regen, -10% crit, 30% snare

I am not asking to have the base stats buffed, but if you implemented a feature that no one uses then this is a bug in my opinion and should be fixed. This is the entire point I have been trying to make when I posted this in the technical forums back in October.

Leonut
05-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Once again, no reply from STS. They have the time to wish someone happy birthday in another thread (which is good) and they totally ignored this one. *CLAP CLAP*. Well done I must say. This is an issue that deserves a response.

Anarchist
05-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Once again, no reply from STS. They have the time to wish someone happy birthday in another thread (which is good) and they totally ignored this one. *CLAP CLAP*. Well done I must say. This is an issue that deserves a response.

Leonut
05-14-2014, 11:29 PM

That reply was in another thread and not this one.

Instanthumor
05-15-2014, 12:19 AM
That reply was in another thread and not this one.

It would help if you read the previous comments before commenting.

Sceazikua
05-15-2014, 12:19 AM
@leonut really? How about you simply click on page 3 of this thread?

Ive asked Ami to report this to the devs in chatbox several days ago, and she said she did it already. I will really like to know how the staff is changed to :) Lets look at arcane weapons

Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR.
Hooks: Chance to jump to others, -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.
Scepter: Chance to proc 60 INT, and 10 mana regen. <-- wtf?

And if the charge time was reduced can it be significant? lol 1.8 sec changed to 1.6 sec with a "spell" nobody ever used because it does low damage (= uncharged attack), no stun, only "chance" to slow, but in either PvP or PvE slow is nothing special. At least please make it a stun or even a root, so it can be used to be an alternative spell from fireball.

Jig
05-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Whatever floats your goat as they say :O

I think Kershals are pretty crazy op but eh, they're arcane and 35m-40m+ for a reason, thought I would speak my mind^^

Madnex
05-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Whatever floats your goat as they say :O

I think Kershals are pretty crazy op but eh, they're arcane and 35m-40m+ for a reason, thought I would speak my mind^^

Xenobiotic
05-15-2014, 06:45 AM
@leonut really? How about you simply click on page 3 of this thread?

Ive asked Ami to report this to the devs in chatbox several days ago, and she said she did it already. I will really like to know how the staff is changed to :) Lets look at arcane weapons

Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR.
Hooks: Chance to jump to others, -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.
Scepter: Chance to proc 60 INT, and 10 mana regen. <-- wtf?

And if the charge time was reduced can it be significant? lol 1.8 sec changed to 1.6 sec with a "spell" nobody ever used because it does low damage (= uncharged attack), no stun, only "chance" to slow, but in either PvP or PvE slow is nothing special. At least please make it a stun or even a root, so it can be used to be an alternative spell from fireball.

Whoa bro hold up, I understand it's proc is weak but adding a chance to stun on an UNCHARGED auto attack is far too op.

Mucsi
05-15-2014, 06:58 AM
The sorcs biggest problem in the game: armor... Kershal (ithink) good enough... but 1022 armor is too low..

Jig
05-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Mages iv seen can get 4.1-4.4k health with like 1040+ armour, yet rogues can get like 3.9-4.1 with like 1.3-1.4k armour+the crazy dodge they have

deathwraithx
05-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Whoa bro hold up, I understand it's proc is weak but adding a chance to stun on an UNCHARGED auto attack is far too op.

Pretty sure the person meant that shadowflare does lower damage than uncharged attack and should atleast stun/root in PvP

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Foebegone
05-15-2014, 08:45 AM

He was referring to charged attack stunning And separately that the proc is not brilliant.

BTW isn't stun what the maul had as an uncharged attack proc? (cant tell if your being sarcastic)

Xenobiotic
05-15-2014, 08:47 AM
He was referring to charged attack stunning And separately that the proc is not brilliant.

BTW isn't stun what the maul had as an uncharged attack proc? (cant tell if your being sarcastic)

That is the proc, not a normal auto attack.

Haligali
05-15-2014, 09:07 AM

You sound like carapaca.. making fictions about op, high damage, while we have a weak, slow, underpowered, low damage, generally useless charged attack.

Xenobiotic
05-15-2014, 09:23 AM
You sound like carapaca.. making fictions about op, high damage, while we have a weak, slow, underpowered, low damage, generally useless charged attack.

A stun on an uncharged attack is too op. I never made any fictions about it being op or high damage, read my posts correctly, I said that adding a stun on an uncharged attack will be way to unfair for other arcane items. Look at Hooks, it is completely ignored. I agree that the staff is weak compared to maul so I suggest STG to buff the proc and decrease the time it takes to charge an attack.

Haligali
05-15-2014, 09:26 AM
A stun on an uncharged attack is too op. I never maid any fictions about it being op or high damage, read my posts correctly, I said that adding a stun on an uncharged attack will be way to unfair for other arcane items. Look at Hooks, it is completely ignored. I agree that the staff is weak compared to maul so I suggest STG to buff the proc and decrease the time it takes to charge an attack.

It would be op only, if ignores stun immunity like the maul proc.

woeh
05-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Buff mages , I can't convince myself to make one untill I kno they are balanced, fix kershal so it matches price tag in auc also

And let us upgrade our arcane weapons! Making them tier2 weps to the new arcanes to come in the future would be nice.

Anyona
05-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Nerf kershal, its so op

Ninjasmurf
05-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Nerf kershal, its so op

Yeah that's why I get 1 shot by expidition bows and a lvl 41 rogue with the lvl 26 arcane hooks can still kill mages. You think kershal can be used at lvl 51? NOPE

Anyona
05-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Yeah that's why I get 1 shot by expidition bows and a lvl 41 rogue with the lvl 26 arcane hooks can still kill mages. You think kershal can be used at lvl 51? NOPE

It is op, that proc and shadowflare though. Pls nerf sts kershal so op and unfair

Instanthumor
05-15-2014, 02:53 PM
It is op, that proc and shadowflare though. Pls nerf sts kershal so op and unfair

Earth to Anyona, earth to Anyona.

Maalice
05-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Earth to Anyona, earth to Anyona.

Earth cant come to the phone right now. Please leave a message at the beep.

Ninjasmurf
05-15-2014, 03:18 PM

Lol you must be noob so I'll just ignore this :)

Anyona
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM

It was a joke, I realise the kershal is a disgrace and not a noob thanks

deathwraithx
05-15-2014, 03:24 PM

It's called sarcasm mate..look.it up

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Ninjasmurf
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
It was a joke, I realise the kershal is a disgrace and not a noob thanks

Lol if they nerfed it anymore it would be worse than the magma staff

Anyona
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Lol

Lol

Maalice
05-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Bump

Medicman
05-16-2014, 03:05 PM
If they want to "fix" the staff here is my proposal.

1) Eliminate Shadowflare, lets be honest with ourselves, no one is charging this thing. And replace it with a normal charged attack that every staff has which stuns. Because its not a spell no matter how many times you say it. Its just a low chance to proc on a charged attack.
2) Move the charged attack proc (10% crit reduction & snare) to the normal attack. And make whatever necessary adjustments in terms of chance in combination with the current non-charged proc.

This doesn't fundamentally change how the staff was intended on working beyond eliminating the issue with that it does less damage when charged. Then when we charge it, we can stun with it and it functions like every other staff. And we still get the benefit of 10% crit reduction and 30% snare when it procs.

And in my opinion this should have been the original design. Look at the other arcane weapons:

1) Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR
2) Hooks: Chance to -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.

So you telling me if the proc was changed to this it would be any different then the proc on other arcanes?

Proposed Arcane staff proc: Chance to proc +60 INT, +10 Mana regen, -10% crit, 30% snare

I am not asking to have the base stats buffed, but if you implemented a feature that no one uses then this is a bug in my opinion and should be fixed. This is the entire point I have been trying to make when I posted this in the technical forums back in October.

I like the idea of these procs. However, I think we could do without the mana regen. I personally would like to see a health regen instead. That's just my opinion. Also, definitely make the charge time the exact same as all the other staffs.

Reunegade
05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Lol if they nerfed it anymore it would be worse than the magma staff

Nitexx
05-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Honestly, the mana regen is useless. Almost all mages now just do a full INT build. As stated before, our problem is staying alive, not running out of mana. I would much rather see a dodge or shield proc. I understand that all the classes are diifferent, blah blah blah, but I think that at the higher levels, the playing field should start to converge and level out. The other procs actually make sense and contribute in a meaningful way, you would think that an arcane staff would too ... yes, this is a post to keep this thread alive. :)

Energizeric
05-19-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks all! You can send your donations to the Energizeric Arcane Ring fund :P

Close thread!

LordDravek
05-19-2014, 04:59 PM
looks like its getting some fixes.

Rianaku
05-19-2014, 05:01 PM
I agree, wouldn't hurt to slide a little OP'ness our way ;)

Taejo
05-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks all! You can send your donations to the Energizeric Arcane Ring fund :P

Close thread!

Do you take bitcoins? :P Anyway, nice job yet again bringing the community's voices together and petitioning for some much needed changes.

Xpolosion
05-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Singe

Instanthumor
05-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Are you satisfied with just a reduced charge time? I'm not.

Madnex
05-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Are you satisfied with just a reduced charge time? I'm not.
Give it up PvE-newb, this isn't important enough to be Whim'd. It is however worth a shot throwing one of these on a shielded opponent just for the debuff chance instead of dealing no damage with a skill for example.

Instanthumor
05-20-2014, 04:25 AM
Give it up PvE-newb

I find this rather offensive.

Nitexx
05-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Meh, the charge attack is still ostensibly useless and I would rather use the standard attack. Even if it did less damage but at least stunned, I would use it. I guess it's useful for pve, but even there it's no game changer. So they are throwing us a bone without others complaining that it's now op. I consider it a wash, no net gain.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Leonut
05-20-2014, 06:28 AM
Sts never had the intention to fix the arcane staff ever for pvp. They have a sick perverse notion that mages should be #&@(#@(## by warriors. And £#) () #&(£(0 one shot by rogues.

Medicman
05-21-2014, 01:02 PM
up, up, up. Let's not give up until they give us a staff worthy of the "Arcane" name. The recent updates are still pathetic. The charging time and auto aimed charged attack is a thumbs up. However, the rest of the updates... LAME!!

Sorcerie
05-21-2014, 01:59 PM
A guildie let me test run the changes on the staff today, and i gotta say that the charge time and the auto aim of Shadowflare are super nice!

Def the best changes made to the staff, hands down.

Still fells a bit lack luster though in pve, mostly due to the proc. While the +60 int is really good, the secondary mana proc seems like one big afterthought. As if to say, "meh I guess we can slap that on" - even though it's shamefully useless. Perhaps if it was a percent it would be acceptable, even if it was a small one.

Haligali
05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Nvm, i sold my staff.

Maalice
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I doubt they will make any changes in the near future. Seems they have their hands full with the new client update and event. I really hope they dont stop putting time into fixing kershal, cuz imo it really isnt arcane. The only thing that makes it arcane is the stat boost. Our proc is crap and thats what all the other arcane weapons appear to be about. Honestly i think its too late in thr game.

Energizeric
05-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Let's keep up hope, they adjusted it once here, so hopefully they will do it again. But keep in mind that changing the proc probably requires more work than adjusting the charge time, so this may take longer to see a change.

Leonut
05-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Let's keep up hope, they adjusted it once here, so hopefully they will do it again. But keep in mind that changing the proc probably requires more work than adjusting the charge time, so this may take longer to see a change.

This deserves a 2nd look. Arcane staff is not fixed.

ongxa
06-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Please fix the Kershal and make the word "ARCANE" to be the REAL meaning of it. I wonder why STS dev or Mod don't response on this tread. Kind of disappointed.

PS: and Please let us upgrade ARCANE staff to lvl 41. Dont ruin the Arcane Kershal. Come on STS, I know you can do it. Thank you very much

Energizeric
06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
No upgrade to 41 is happening or should happen. We would just like to see an improved proc with some sort of stun or armor boost or something useful for the charged attack.

ongxa
06-25-2014, 12:10 PM
No upgrade to 41 is happening or should happen. We would just like to see an improved proc with some sort of stun or armor boost or something useful for the charged attack.

I really appreciated Your OP and Point of view. But if STS can fix the addressed problem and let us UPGRADE to lvl 41 for this ARCANE staff to match with Mythic weapon lvl 41 is a Bonus for all of us.

I mean the title ARCANE LVL 41 instead of LVL 36. LOL Just an opinion of me. Anyways, thanks for your OP

tharidom
06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
It isnt getting an upgrade and stop reacting on old threats pls.

ongxa
06-25-2014, 01:39 PM
It isnt getting an upgrade and stop reacting on old threats pls.

Wellll, at least I chat in the forum and forward to REMIEM this OP link this morning... She properly takes a look and read it over. At least I can rise my Voice for the ARcane Kershal club. What do you do???? Let me know ,Please

This old threat is awesome, I MUST make it alive because I owned Kershal. If i dont, it will sink to the bottom of the river. Do you get itttttt

Robhawk
07-08-2014, 04:52 AM
Any news?

At least a dev could say "something"... ?

biunabis
07-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Id just like for it to have a decent stun proc...not asking too much...

Maalice
07-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Its just sad... why cant they just make this weapon arcane finally... price has already crashed to almost half of what it used to be.

Jig
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Its an arcane and lasted one season O.o 41 mythic gun is now just as good or even better actually. HOW CRAZY

Some sort of added stun with something else would be perfect maybe.

Iliketolol
07-09-2014, 03:04 AM
Its an arcane and lasted one season O.o 41 mythic gun is now just as good or even better actually. HOW CRAZY

arcane is supposed to last 3 seasons and mythic is supposed to last 2 season.. so kershal and eldorian rifle are both powered as lvl 46 weapons.. Imo both are same one is pve and other is pvp weapon..

it looks fine to me... thats what it was supposed to be...

edit: it will last 3 seasons doesn't means it will be best weapon for 3 seasons -_-

Haligali
07-09-2014, 05:00 AM

I wonder anyone still believe that. You can use the lvl26 mythic helmet, while the lvl26 arcane is a twink weapon since seasons.

Madnex
07-09-2014, 01:36 PM
The original dev quote about arcanes lasting three seasons comment didn't say they'd be the best, it was more along the lines of competent.

Jig
07-10-2014, 08:55 AM
The original dev quote about arcanes lasting three seasons comment didn't say they'd be the best, it was more along the lines of competent.

Lmao said that, but yeah well it was the best for one season, equal as a best pve but slightly less better than the myth gun in pvp.

Now, I'm sure next season will be when it is no longer the best at Pve? Unless they don't release any weapons at 46, just maybe new mythics-arcane for Armour helm ring amulet? I don't know..

kahel
07-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Another waste of investment is all i can say.

Remember the mythic staff...it was released last season only to find out that legendary guns this season can do the same thing / or even better. It was valued at 18m last season and significantly dropped to 7-8m this season while other mythic weapons from other class dropped at a lower rate.

And now this, arcane staff vs the new mythic guns. While arcane maul was enjoyed for 3 seasons....arcane staff looks like it is becoming yet another mythic staff in the making. Yes it has more HP/DPS/DMG, but what good is it when by the time it procs, ur already dead. And when it procs, it's rare that i see it kill compared to a maul that procs that can kill a whole team. With mythic gun... even with less HP/DPS/DMG....it gives you additional armor and roots when proc which is a good advantage since you can continue hitting the target till it dies, making gun having a big advantage over arcane staff. Still it can depend on ur playing style which is better.

I hope sts do something about the staff, cause i paid a lot for one and took me months to finally be able to buy one.

Haligali
07-15-2014, 07:44 AM
I hope sts do something about the staff, cause i paid a lot for one and took me months to finally be able to buy one.

the fix is called 'elondrian gnarled rifle'.

kahel
07-15-2014, 07:48 AM
the fix is called 'elondrian gnarled rifle'.

lol they make new weapons to cover up for the one they "fkd up" ...cant think of another term....i might get banned :/

Leonut
07-15-2014, 08:00 AM
I had recommend this game to a few friends. One of the selling points I used is that the developers listen and make changes if the community has a strong point on the matter at hand. I'm not going to use that anymore. Period.

Fix the proc or forever be condemned.

keikali
07-15-2014, 08:09 AM
Amazing how the staff lasted for such a short period of time to only now be overshadowed and trumped by the new gun.

lol@Arcane status.

Iliketolol
07-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Amazing how the staff lasted for such a short period of time to only now be overshadowed and trumped by the new gun.

lol@Arcane status.

umm i dont get it.. lasted for such short period of time? its still a badass weapon for pve.. both staff and gun are same lvl ( i.e 46 ).. one is best for pve and other best for pvp..

i hope you didn't bought kershal thinking it will be best weapon for 3 seasons.. its just best weapon for one season ( mostly 2)

the way i see it kershal and gun are both perfectly scaled according to their lvl.

btw arcane maul was exceptionally over powered...

Xeusx
07-15-2014, 08:25 AM
umm i dont get it.. lasted for such short period of time? its still a badass weapon for pve.. both staff and gun are same lvl ( i.e 46 ).. one is best for pve and other best for pvp..

i hope you didn't bought kershal thinking it will be best weapon for 3 seasons.. its just best weapon for one season ( mostly 2)

the way i see it kershal and gun are both perfectly scaled according to their lvl.

I wonder if Warriors still use Arcane Maul when the level 46 cap come.

No Name
07-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Normal attack Ker'shal very slow :D

keikali
07-15-2014, 08:54 AM

I guess mainly due to the fact when its compared to the other classes Arcane weapons, the staff is laughable. I will always still be pleased with the Kersh since I've picked it up and sold it to rebuy it again for use. Would love to see it be better a bit, but it is what it is.

Also I agreed with you that the Kersh is indeed still the best PvE weapon even with the release of the new gun, but the gun also narrows the gap for the best weapon at endgame for a Mage.

Iliketolol
07-15-2014, 10:01 AM
I wonder if Warriors still use Arcane Maul when the level 46 cap come.

probably they will still use arcane maul bcoz of its insane damage as shown in the stat page, but in reality its 10-20% less damage ( based on personal experience).

but hey! who cares about reality, everyone want max damage they can show on stat page xD

Jig
07-15-2014, 10:19 AM
probably they will still use arcane maul bcoz of its insane damage as shown in the stat page, but in reality its 10-20% less damage ( based on personal experience).

but hey! who cares about reality, everyone want max damage they can show on stat page xD

Lol, how come whenever I pm you on lmao saying "LoL" your never on :( I'm gonna get you one day you wait.

Dunno why I said this, just had to let you know.

Kershal ain't the best this seasons cause there will be new arcades next season! Woo! This is what I reckon ;)

phillyr
07-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Lol, how come whenever I pm you on lmao saying "LoL" your never on :( I'm gonna get you one day you wait.

Dunno why I said this, just had to let you know.

Kershal ain't the best this seasons cause there will be new arcades next season! Woo! This is what I reckon ;)
I was just about to say something along those lines. Wait till rogue arcane comes out and how op its gonna be...save some complaints for that

Kreasadriii
07-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Client update, hope not affected the font again XD

Crowsfoot
07-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Am I the only one who thinks tpdropping the charge proc entirely, and changing the proc to something to heavily buff damage output (crit + int?) Is the best way to buff the ker'shal?

As long a sit has a charge proc, STG won't be likely to justify one of the more aggressive procs like those we see in weapons like the Maul (a single proc weapon which also ha some of the most popular procs).

Energizeric
07-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Am I the only one who thinks tpdropping the charge proc entirely, and changing the proc to something to heavily buff damage output (crit + int?) Is the best way to buff the ker'shal?

As long a sit has a charge proc, STG won't be likely to justify one of the more aggressive procs like those we see in weapons like the Maul (a single proc weapon which also ha some of the most popular procs).

Yes, there is absolutely no need for the shadowflare charged proc at all. It should just do the same charged as it does uncharged (with charging making more damage as it does with all weapons), and that should include some sort of stun or damage buff like the other arcane weapons before it had. Get rid of the useless mana regen, and instead add a stun in its place. The +60 INT is just fine as is.

Crowsfoot
07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Yes, there is absolutely no need for the shadowflare charged proc at all. It should just do the same charged as it does uncharged (with charging making more damage as it does with all weapons), and that should include some sort of stun or damage buff like the other arcane weapons before it had. Get rid of the useless mana regen, and instead add a stun in its place. The +60 INT is just fine as is.
I wouldn't mind seeing +50-100% crit off 3-5 seconds along with a +60 int proc. Crit seems to be a large issue for mages who can't buff it with skills or stats easily (tanks: VB. Rogues: Dex class).

I'm not sure if that is something mages want. I don't see an aoe stun all that useful since you are a class with many stun skills, but if you want it, you go. After my Bulwark testing, I think that fixing the proc of the Ker'shal may help it greatly.

Charge procs just don't work.

Energizeric
07-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Our stuns just don't work as reliably as they used to. Against warriors they almost never work, and against rogues some of the time. We need a reliable stun that is going to work no matter what. It will be a proc, so it will only happen some of the time, but when it procs the enemy should be stunned always. That is how it was with the runic gun proc. Since it's a proc and not automatic, it should override stun immunity.

Robhawk
07-18-2014, 05:01 AM
I send Remiem a PM to have a look at this thread, perhaps it helps. Perhaps it helps when all of you send him a PM ?

I cant believe non of the mods/devs said ANYTHING here! It just makes me angry!

@kahel: Although we are not best friends on the battlefield do to the karma/magnum BS, here we play on the same side. ;)

Bless
07-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Our stuns just don't work as reliably as they used to. Against warriors they almost never work, and against rogues some of the time. We need a reliable stun that is going to work no matter what. It will be a proc, so it will only happen some of the time, but when it procs the enemy should be stunned always. That is how it was with the runic gun proc. Since it's a proc and not automatic, it should override stun immunity. Fireball + samael/slag = at least one stun/terrify/panic per match, no excuses.

Clashes are already reliant on stuns and when max geared teams fight, matches are full of stun/panic/terrify.

Instanthumor
07-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Our stuns just don't work as reliably as they used to. Against warriors they almost never work, and against rogues some of the time. We need a reliable stun that is going to work no matter what. It will be a proc, so it will only happen some of the time, but when it procs the enemy should be stunned always. That is how it was with the runic gun proc. Since it's a proc and not automatic, it should override stun immunity.

I think the stuns are reliable. During 1v1's (it's easy to tell) the first charged Fireball always stuns. For warriors, rogues, and mages. Remember there is also stun immunity, so you can't rely on every single charged Fireball to work. You should also invest a skill point in the stun upgrade for lightning. It's very much worth the skill point for 1v1's.

Energizeric
07-18-2014, 12:02 PM
During 1v1's (it's easy to tell) the first charged Fireball always stuns.

You are not the first person who has said this to me. I'm starting to think that somehow my character is flawed then. My first charged fireball almost never stuns anymore. It used to in season 4, now very rarely. I have all 5 upgrades to fireball. I'm not sure what to do about this, but it really almost never works anymore. Warriors just laugh it off and keep moving like nothing happened, and rogues sometimes are stunned, but often times not. Sorcerers are the only ones who are always stunned.

Bless
07-18-2014, 12:34 PM
You are not the first person who has said this to me. I'm starting to think that somehow my character is flawed then. My first charged fireball almost never stuns anymore. It used to in season 4, now very rarely. I have all 5 upgrades to fireball. I'm not sure what to do about this, but it really almost never works anymore. Warriors just laugh it off and keep moving like nothing happened, and rogues sometimes are stunned, but often times not. Sorcerers are the only ones who are always stunned.

Warriors are immune to stun from an upgrade to juggernaut and rogues have a high dodge percent which is our (2nd) main stat (crit being the first and damage being the third and so forth).

lonakana
07-18-2014, 12:39 PM
I didnt think skills could be dodged

Energizeric
07-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Warriors are immune to stun from an upgrade to juggernaut and rogues have a high dodge percent which is our (2nd) main stat (crit being the first and damage being the third and so forth).

Yeah, that's what I thought, but other sorcerers keep telling me that their stun always works. My experience does not reflect that at all. The only class I can consistently stun is other sorcerers.

Robhawk
07-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Remiem answered my PM and he will give a comment in this thread soon and also pointed the devs to kershal "issues" again! :angel:

Iliketolol
07-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Remiem answered my PM and he will give a comment in this thread soon and also pointed the devs to kershal "issues" again! :angel:

he looks like a hot female to me...

Instanthumor
07-18-2014, 03:18 PM

I've never seen a rogue actually "dodge" a stun unless it was from a charged dps attack.

Instanthumor
07-18-2014, 03:20 PM

And... My Fireball stunned pretty much the same in S4 so Idk why you keep comparing...

keikali
07-18-2014, 03:27 PM
And... My Fireball stunned pretty much the same in S4 so Idk why you keep comparing...

And...I second this. My fireball always stunned in PvP with no issues.

Bless
07-18-2014, 04:58 PM

I've never seen a rogue actually "dodge" a stun unless it was from a charged dps attack. Stuns from charged attack can be dodged, not sure about fb because a) I stopped 1v1ing since season 4 and b) I don't pay much attention to those details.

Euldor
07-18-2014, 10:28 PM

And...I second this. My fireball always stunned in PvP with no issues.

I third this. Lel

Robhawk
07-23-2014, 04:25 AM
he looks like a hot female to me...

Sorry, SHE replied! ;)

biunabis
07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
The kershal will riiiiiiise again!

Jig
07-24-2014, 05:23 AM
The kershal will riiiiiiise again!

Why is dis?

Robhawk
07-25-2014, 03:10 AM
mmhhhhhh ?

Jig
07-25-2014, 07:29 AM
mmhhhhhh ?

What...??

jiph
07-25-2014, 09:04 AM
How old is this thread let me c

Instanthumor
07-25-2014, 09:12 AM
News flash: NEW ARCANE STAFF

Need Perfect Kershal Scepter + Singe egg to craft this new arcane staff.

obee
07-25-2014, 09:19 AM
news flash: New arcane staff

need perfect kershal scepter + singe egg to craft this new arcane staff.

xd lol

Haligali
07-25-2014, 09:26 AM
News flash: NEW ARCANE STAFF

Need Perfect Kershal Scepter + Singe egg to craft this new arcane staff.

But you need a 'very hard' quest to complete, also i craft new staff for you for 20m gold deal ok.

Leonut
07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
I thought the mod was going to comment on this thread?

keikali
07-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Plot Twist: Ker'shal gets a +1INT Boost.

GF guise, GF.

phillyr
07-29-2014, 09:59 AM
LOL

Robhawk
08-05-2014, 06:06 AM

2014-07-18

Hi Robhawk,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention again. I have passed your concerns along to the devs. They are working very hard on new content right now so it is hard to saw when they will be able to take another look at the Kershal. I will make sure to make a post on it as soon as I know more.

Remi

Still waiting for an update here!

ps:Its not allways all about NEW CONTENT - BALANCE THE CONTENT ONLINE AT THE MOMENT

THANKS, YES ! ! !

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Plot Twist: Ker'shal gets a +1INT Boost.

GF guise, GF.

Lmao hilarious nab

kahel
08-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Kershal will be fixed next season :)

Jig
08-06-2014, 03:07 AM
Kershal will be fixed next season :)

Rumours? Troll? Yes or no? If yes why dev and link to where they said it

Madnex
08-06-2014, 04:11 AM
Just let this topic rest. A second fix is very unlikely since it appears the weapon is working how they imagined/designed it.

kahel
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Rumours? Troll? Yes or no? If yes why dev and link to where they said it

i was being sarcastic. next season means new weapons again as always. and kershal....is still the same.

Robhawk
08-07-2014, 02:38 AM
Just a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump ! I will buump this Thread till you mods n devs DDOOOO SSOOMMEEETTHHIINNNGGG.

To make it easy for the devs: Just give the kershal the same proc as the arcane maul but with 60 INT not 60 STR and EVERY KERSH-OWNER IS HAPPY

TTYYYYYYYY

Elner
08-07-2014, 02:55 AM
I'd love for it to be fixed but I know it's not going to happen soon, but I have a more interesting fix. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?168797-NEW-STAFF-Elondrian-Scepter
Please comment your opinions.

Robhawk
08-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Just let this topic rest. A second fix is very unlikely since it appears the weapon is working how they imagined/designed it.

When it was intended to work the way it does now then for gods sake i would fire that designer because he has no clue about what a mage needs in this game. The designer of the arcane maul did a great job!

The community told it a thousand times TO DO SOMETHING AND IT DOESNT HAPPEN ANYTHING!!!

Remiem confirmed there will be something done or at least a statement BUT THEY DONT HAVE TIME BECAUSE OF ALL THE NEW USELESS STUFF LIKE NECRO -> TTTYYYYY !!!!

What a mage DOESNT NEED AT ALL:

A charged skill which cost no mana -> WE HAVE TONS OF MANA !!!
A charged skill which does 50% damage compared to the uncharged skill -> WE NEED TO DEAL DAMAGE TO NOT DIE VS ALL THOSE WARRIORS AND ROGUES!

What a mage f.e. NEEDS:

A charged skill which costs mana or even DOUBLE MANA and give MOOOREEEE DAAMAAGGEEEE !!!!!!!

Haligali
08-07-2014, 04:57 AM
When it was intended to work the way it does now then for gods sake i would fire that designer because he has no clue about what a mage needs in this game. The designer of the arcane maul did a great job!

You are the last kershal knight, just sell it like everyone else, why piss against the wind. Trust me, the designer of the lvl41 mythic gun did a great job too.

I'd love for it to be fixed but I know it's not going to happen soon, but I have a more interesting fix. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?168797-NEW-STAFF-Elondrian-Scepter
Please comment your opinions.

Elondrian Scepter=elondrian rifle?

Elner
08-07-2014, 05:55 AM
You are the last kershal knight, just sell it like everyone else, why piss against the wind. Trust me, the designer of the lvl41 mythic gun did a great job too.

Elondrian Scepter=elondrian rifle?

Check the thread. It's not.

Robhawk
08-07-2014, 07:01 AM

I just dont want to give up... the graphics and animation of the kershal are just the best in game and it deserves to be an ARCANE weapon for a mage and not a weapon where everybody wishs it has at least procs of myth (elondrian gun) or even a legendary weapon (expedition rifle / magmatic totem staff)!!!

Perhaps its going to be the future weekly running gag "kershal fix"! :) The day ill give up is the day i will leave the game and yes the reason then will be the ignorance from STG to not listen to the players and CUSTOMERS! I dont need AL to live and STG doesnt need me to live... well...

I really cant believe that STG/STS just DONT IMPROVE HERE, a lot of mage legends like you, falmear, will0 and Energizeeric just said it a thousand times - ITS JUST TIME TO FIX THAT !

To be honest, its nice that Remiem said she will point the devs there and there will be a statement... BUT... i dont need a fix or a statement in a year, we need it now!
If the devs just dont wont to do anything regarding kershal its fine too BUT THEN SAY WE WONT DO ANYHTING THERE THATS NOT TO MUCH ISTN IT!

keikali
08-07-2014, 07:17 AM
I just dont want to give up... the graphics and animation of the kershal are just the best in game and it deserves to be an ARCANE weapon for a mage and not a weapon where everybody wishs it has at least procs of myth (elondrian gun) or even a legendary weapon (expedition rifle / magmatic totem staff)!!!

Perhaps its going to be the future weekly running gag "kershal fix"! :) The day ill give up is the day i will leave the game and yes the reason then will be the ignorance from STG to not listen to the players and CUSTOMERS! I dont need AL to live and STG doesnt need me to live... well...

I really cant believe that STG/STS just DONT IMPROVE HERE, a lot of mage legends like you, falmear, will0 and Energizeeric just said it a thousand times - ITS JUST TIME TO FIX THAT !

To be honest, its nice that Remiem said she will point the devs there and there will be a statement... BUT... i dont need a fix or a statement in a year, we need it now!
If the devs just dont wont to do anything regarding kershal its fine too BUT THEN SAY WE WONT DO ANYHTING THERE THATS NOT TO MUCH ISTN IT!

It might get fixed...2 expansions from now. By then it would be outdated. Sell your Kershal, buy a gun where its pretty low now and enjoy the fun.

Leonut
08-07-2014, 08:55 PM

Robhawk,

Here is a voice from a nobody. I've not log in and not spent an additional cent on this game for close to 2 months now. I used to spend at least 5 dollars a month on it to support the game. This amount is nothing compared to what STS is earning. I will continue to boycott this game till they fix the Kelshal. You are welcome to join me. Meanwhile chill and explore other things like a book, TV series and what not. If you want to play a real action MMO try wildstar. It's not bad.

Cheers!

Leonutbanana.

jiph
08-07-2014, 11:53 PM
The kershal already got the buff u guys ask for STOP complaining omg u guys keep reviving this just for attention-_-

Xeusx
08-07-2014, 11:54 PM
The kershal already got the buff u guys ask for STOP complaining omg u guys keep reviving this just for attention-_-
The buff is bad, that's why, and you should read the whole posts in this thread.

Robhawk
08-11-2014, 05:40 AM
So i asked Remiem again and she replied:

Hey Rob, there are no plans to make changes at this time. Sorry. :(

So "the last kershal knight" traded normal kershal for perfect elon gun. Good bye disco ball! :upset:

Like all other "knights" im outta here!

May this thread RIP! ;)

Medicman
08-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Looks like I'll be selling too. R.I.P. disgrace of arcane weapon.

Sorcerie
08-14-2014, 06:07 AM
Lol, diggin this one up for a quick comment.

Is there any reason why casting shadowflare doesnt have a chance to proc the +60 and 10 mana?

I mean, if the whole selling point on this bugger is supposed to be stats and lolshadowflare, shouldnt it give a chance to proc on charged attack like every other staff?

Robhawk
08-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Lol, diggin this one up for a quick comment.

Is there any reason why casting shadowflare doesnt have a chance to proc the +60 and 10 mana?

I mean, if the whole selling point on this bugger is supposed to be stats and lolshadowflare, shouldnt it give a chance to proc on charged attack like every other staff?

Yes... BUT...

SELL IT! ;)

Sorcerie
08-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes... BUT...

SELL IT! ;)I'm not a gunner and I don't pvp, so im not selling it.

I think it works acceptably with the changes they made except for this, it should proc on charged attack.

Spamming DPS for the proc just doesn't feel right since I'm one of the few people who actually uses charged staff attacks on mobs. Since we couldn't have the extra damage that normally comes with a charged attack from a staff on Kershal, I think a chance to give the main proc on casting Shadowflare would have been a fair alternative.

Hell, even the Maul does that much.

Ah well, just a thought...>_>;;

Energizeric
08-14-2014, 12:06 PM
The problem is not that we don't have the extra damage that is usually associated with a charged attack. The problem is the damage is actually LESS if you use a charged attack. Plus you have to charge it. So I don't know why anyone would ever use a charged attack. The whole point of charging skills and attacks is to cause MORE damage, not less.

Sorcerie
08-14-2014, 01:29 PM
The problem is not that we don't have the extra damage that is usually associated with a charged attack. The problem is the damage is actually LESS if you use a charged attack. Plus you have to charge it. So I don't know why anyone would ever use a charged attack. The whole point of charging skills and attacks is to cause MORE damage, not less.True, but you're also getting a full AOE attack with chances for two separate procs or both at the same time (the snare and crit reduction). Problem I have is that these two things, as you mentioned in the original post, aren't really useful.

The snare is barely noticeable since it only lasts a couple of seconds, and the crit reduction seems like a pvp thing they slapped on since elite mobs and such are gonna kill you one way or another so reducing the crit of mobs is like lolwut, imo.

So yea, the dam is less overall on SF, but at the cost of hitting more than just three targets and being able to perform a ranged attack with a staff, which i feel evens out the lack of dam more or less-ish, lol.

But after having owned it for a couple of days now I think the main proc should be a part of casting Shadowflare - It'll allow the user to really keep up the pressure on mobs or enemies by having a constant chance to proc the +60 charged or uncharged, which is what we're supposed to be good at.

Plus it'll give us a much better incentive to actually use the charged attack even in light of the considerably lower dam, everyone knows that a proc can mean life or death in some cases and that +60 int on casting a Shadowflare would be a god send since that snare and crit debuff just doesn't seem to be quite enough.

Beyond that, every weapon in this game has a chance to proc the main weapon buff charged or uncharged, so this one not getting it is just baffling.

But that's just me. ._.

Instanthumor
08-14-2014, 10:51 PM
True, but you're also getting a full AOE attack with chances for two separate procs or both at the same time (the snare and crit reduction). Problem I have is that these two things, as you mentioned in the original post, aren't really useful.

The snare is barely noticeable since it only lasts a couple of seconds, and the crit reduction seems like a pvp thing they slapped on since elite mobs and such are gonna kill you one way or another so reducing the crit of mobs is like lolwut, imo.

So yea, the dam is less overall on SF, but at the cost of hitting more than just three targets and being able to perform a ranged attack with a staff, which i feel evens out the lack of dam more or less-ish, lol.

But after having owned it for a couple of days now I think the main proc should be a part of casting Shadowflare - It'll allow the user to really keep up the pressure on mobs or enemies by having a constant chance to proc the +60 charged or uncharged, which is what we're supposed to be good at.

Plus it'll give us a much better incentive to actually use the charged attack even in light of the considerably lower dam, everyone knows that a proc can mean life or death in some cases and that +60 int on casting a Shadowflare would be a god send since that snare and crit debuff just doesn't seem to be quite enough.

Beyond that, every weapon in this game has a chance to proc the main weapon buff charged or uncharged, so this one not getting it is just baffling.

But that's just me. ._.

That crit debuff isn't even for pvp.. I don't even know why it's there. It's meant for rogues imo, but they literally dodge all dps attacks, it won't work. GG

If they wanted to buff the stupid stick, they would have done so last season. Once again, GG

Linkincena
10-03-2014, 08:17 AM
The AOE still needs a buff

Chrisaetoshawker
10-03-2014, 09:12 AM
When ener was still here

phillyr
10-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Mages got screwed on our LLLOOONNNGGG awaited arcane weapon....what else is new? Nothing will change. All our weapons are lame for pvp, ALL our attack skills are super nerffed beyond use. Whats the point in complaining? It doesn't get us anywhere. Just switch to a class the devs and mods favor like im gonna do. Mage class sucks...will always suck...no point in trying to convince them to bring us back to former glory

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

phillyr
10-03-2014, 08:53 PM

Kershal gets owned by Expedition Rifles on a daily basis. Next event? Next event has passed a long time ago.

Take a look...

Doesn't matter if I get the gun or not, I'll throw my iPad off my balcony if the root doesn't work in PvP.
U rdy to toss it yet? Hahaha

will0
10-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Please fix kershal (arcane???) worst than mythic (it cost <17m now for a perfect candy bar)

change snare to root please and 100% upon charge and increase damage and mage crit and give shadowflare something more useful than just nice look

Jig
10-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Please fix kershal (arcane???) worst than mythic (it cost <17m now for a perfect candy bar)

change snare to root please and 100% upon charge and increase damage and mage crit and give shadowflare something more useful than just nice look

No.

phillyr
10-03-2014, 10:46 PM
No.
He actully makes sense. Why can't we get a 100% chance proc? The bulwark has a seriously OP 100% chance proc and its a mythic item.

Arpluvial
10-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please don't necro post. :)