PDA

View Full Version : Farming Winter Festival (Frost Factory)

Formora
12-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Hello, does anyone want to farm fathers frost factory with me? Please add my bird Elar. Also, I did like 24 toy men and didn't get a single pink. Is that unusual?

If you want to do krush the keeper runs message me as well.

takabus
12-23-2010, 07:48 AM
only kill 24 than expect pink? how dare...

from the first i have been killing the darn man and have got only one pink.

how many the boss have I killed ya think?

dont say bellow my comment that "I just killed one I got a pink.." like that...darn jealous....

Riccits
12-23-2010, 07:56 AM
strange.. i killed him some hundret times.. and got 20 pinks ;)

Formora
12-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Well yes I was expecting a pink, when I was playing in other people's games they got pinks everytime. I also need to do crush the keeper runs so message me :)

Snakespeare
12-23-2010, 09:34 AM
What people who don't understand statistics mainly don't get is the truth that there is not really a "law of averages". You can flip the same coin 10 times and it will often turn out 6 and 4 or 5 and 5. But then sometimes you will get a run of all heads or all tails. There also is no such thing as luck. This is a characterization after the fact.

Randomness, however, does seem to be a characteristic of the universe, and it trumps any imagined law of averages or any concept of luck.

Computer random, I was told by another player who is a computer wiz, is actually not random but a sequence of unpredictable intervals which is randomly seeded by the second hand on the clock.

So, the real cause of you not getting pinks is actually the fact that the seconds on the clock at the moment you killed the toyman was the wrong number to seed the random. (Hopefully a computer pro will correct me if I got that wrong.)

takabus
12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
you seems like may not understand what are the population mean and sample mean,,,, and try to explain with statistics...what a funny...:)

Ptoast
12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Computer random, I was told by another player who is a computer wiz, is actually not random but a sequence of unpredictable intervals which is randomly seeded by the second hand on the clock.
If this is true I always knew there was a reason I hated computer based odds.

Snakespeare
12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Takabus, any sort of mythical nonsense can be dreamed up if you ignore deviations. There is no law of averages. There is only our desire to believe what we conceive of as order in a chaotic universe.

You can't expect the math to be more real than reality.

Formora
12-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Well I don't know anything about computer randoms, to me it's just luck. I had no luck in fathers frost factory but I got pinks like laser wand and ol helms from the first few ao3 runs. Which reminds me, an hour ago I hosted a VL game, and assbug joins in for the first time. After he gets a laser wand from the first boss, he just laughs and leaves the game without finishing the other bosses. I mean seriously?

TwinkTastical
12-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Ive killed 700 or so... 13 pinks.

Fyrce
12-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Man,I really hope that's not true Twink. I've killed him about 50 times and 2 pinks. A bit more than that, but I've only kept track on one character recently.

Formora
12-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Damn twink that's bad luck. I think I should go back to winter festival because I didn't get anything there except for the quest rewards.