PDA

View Full Version : Portal scrolls to bring people from the start of the map to you!

Sceazikua
05-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi.
A story about the idea: I persuaded a friend to play AL, now hes addicted (lol). He is originally a Diablo fan, and is a bit discouraged when he has to walk from the start of the maps if he dies, especially long maps like rook's nest or dead city. So we came up with this idea, similar to town portals in Diablo which is like this: you make a portal with a click on the scroll/tome of scrolls, then a portal shows up at where you used it and in town. If we walk into the portal in town, we can get to the place where the other or you used it, and it works both way that we can also use it to go to town. The portal doesnt disappear though when we used it not in town though, but will disappear if we return into it to get to the map with mobs or something like that.

My suggestion is we make a "scroll of portals", kinda similar to the original scroll of town portal, that is sold in the vendor in the tavern not the store where you can visit any time. It will be sold by gold, maybe 1k gold each or 2k or even 5k to even out with plat revive? And it takes up 1 inventory slot each, so we have to choose if we want our inventory loaded with these scrolls to help friends or not. And when used, 1 portal will appear at the start of the map and 1 appear at the place we used it. You cant get in the portal where we used it, but when you walk into the portal at the start of the map you teleport directly to the other portal. You can get into your own portal. Wont work in Arena though. When you get close to a portal a pop-up shows up saying "enter [name]'s portal?" with yes and no options because there may be up to 4 portals at a time ;)

So, how will these work? for example:
-You and 3 friends are fighting an elite boss
-You accidentally got struck by the boss and died
-A friend used the scroll of portals near the boss
-1 portal shows up at the start at the map and 1 near the boss where the scroll was used
-You walk into the portal at the start of the map and teleport directly to near the boss where the scroll was used
-Both portals disappear
-Back to normal fight like nothing happened

How will these result?
+GOOD:
-People are happy because they dont have to work the long way if they have a friend helping, and when the friend died he is happy too because he is helped to get to the boss fast too.
-People who died at boss when the boss is going to die soon wont get desperate and wont just lie there knowing they cant reroll. They are now able to use free revive and may enjoy the loot too.
-May serve as a gold sink. Evenactually if more items are looted more may be listed in cs and sink gold there too.
-[add your thoughts]

+BAD:
-Slightly increased supply of items as I mentioned people who died may enjoy the loot too.
-May make plat revive not used anymore. But if you dont get the good party that helps you, you cant teleport to boss directly with this.
-[add your thoughts]

Thanks for reading :) I hope this will be implemented because it will be helpful ;)

Remiem
05-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Great idea!! We actually have something in the works that's kind of similar to this. :) I think you'll like it.

Kakashis
05-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Great idea!! We actually have something in the works that's kind of similar to this. :) I think you'll like it.

revive lix? hehe

Sceazikua
05-09-2014, 10:21 PM

Woo hoo first time a mod commented on my idea :) Im in high hope now that it will be something interesting!

Socrates
05-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Nice idea bro because it's kinda irritating to know that in the 2 map of tindirin elite where you run for the boss and skip a big amount of mobs that if you die there and when you are especially a sorcerer or rogue there is no way to rejoin so you leave the map angry having spend money and time and without even a green loot. So +1 for your idea!!!