PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates, a little different suggestion.

Obliteration
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Okay so, some where I know it was stated that if you have
5 people in a party you have 5x the drop percentage.
Than if you had a solo party.
But why? I mean it's cool that a boss drops something
for everyone in a party of five.
But this sucks for lower parties.
If I'm in a party of 5 atleast 2 purples drop everytime.
If I'm in a party of 2 were lucky to get an orange.
Shouldn't drop rate be higher for lower parties since it's harder?

Jovians
05-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I disagree ATM the content is still easy to solo to a point. The reason they put the 5x more lots for large partys is to get ppl to grp together and not solo things. And to try to make up for the randomized way lewt is distriputed.

Esus
05-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I personally still hate the new loot system...its such a bummer having to spend so much time selling all those useless white and silver items that i keep getting. I dont wanna play for a couple of hours if I find nothing worth keeping, its such a waste of time.

Rebel
05-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I think that later on when the level cap starts to not raise so quickly, they should make a dungeon for the highest level possible. Then in the dungeon could be high level stuff made for the high level people playing the dungeon. There should be a quest to be able to get into the dungeon though. Just to make it to where it has to be the fully decked out people playing in it.

PvP
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Okay so, some where I know it was stated that if you have
5 people in a party you have 5x the drop percentage.
Than if you had a solo party.
But why? I mean it's cool that a boss drops something
for everyone in a party of five.
But this sucks for lower parties.
If I'm in a party of 5 atleast 2 purples drop everytime.
If I'm in a party of 2 were lucky to get an orange.
Shouldn't drop rate be higher for lower parties since it's harder?

This all goes back to farming. Believe it or not, farmers cost the devs money. I'm not going to go into an entire economic debate about how it all works, but take my word for it. This also adds a unique touch to the game, you can't get non-stop drops and I see a structured balance being formed here. I believe (as I've posted in other threads) that the devs are starting to foreshadow what is to come. Pretty soon you will need a tank for most missions, (ex: witch boss is about the only one you might need now) and if you get continuous drops, whats the point? The game needs to be varied and the devs are doing an excellent job. I wish I could have more drops too, but its a change for the better.