PDA

View Full Version : Should the New Mythic Weapons available for purchase??

Thrucho
05-10-2014, 04:05 PM
The new Mythic Weapons are coming and they're awesome.. And I have an idea that will help people with bad luck own one. What if STS make the new Mythic Weapons available for purchase like a Mythic pet. And also make them available in Locked crates. The mythic weapons you buy with platinum can't be sold or trade just the ones you get from locked crates :) ... What you guys think? Do you agree or disagree with me? Let me know what you guys think ;)

Bullox
05-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Good idea....i would buy one...

Thrucho
05-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your opinion.. I would buy one too lol

baddiva
05-10-2014, 04:27 PM
buy plat -> trade to gold -> buy locked from other player -> open your locked.. repeat until you get your weapon.

Crowsfoot
05-10-2014, 04:48 PM
The new Mythic Weapons are coming and they're awesome.. And I have an idea that will help people with bad luck own one. What if STS make the new Mythic Weapons available for purchase like a Mythic pet. And also make them available in Locked crates. The mythic weapons you buy with platinum can't be sold or trade just the ones you get from locked crates :) ... What you guys think? Do you agree or disagree with me? Let me know what you guys think ;)
Then everyone player and their mother would have one. They do it with pets because pets auto open (except in events). The usual cost is way down because of this.

I am not against it from the point that I love cheap gear, I am just saying STS will never do this from a profit standpoint. I think it is safe to say that the locked system makes STS a large amount of money since it is simply luck. Unlucky players are forced to spend more and more more.

Bullox
05-10-2014, 04:51 PM
buy plat -> trade to gold -> buy locked from other player -> open your locked.. repeat until you get your weapon.
Lol really???? Hmmm.... total Plat spend at my Acc. over 11k.... looks like im no 'lucky' Player...

I really prefer to buy Weapons or Mythics directly for Plat whithout that crappy Gamble thing...

Thrucho
05-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks for ur opinion but I think you missed something the Weapons purchase would not be tradable. So not everyone would have one.. But I also know that STS wouldn't something like my idea because like you said they make more profit with the locked crate system

Bullox
05-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Then everyone player and their mother would have one. They do it with pets because pets auto open (except in events). The usual cost is way down because of this.

I am not against it from the point that I love cheap gear, I am just saying STS will never do this from a profit standpoint. I think it is safe to say that the locked system makes STS a large amount of money since it is simply luck. Unlucky players are forced to spend more and more more.

You are right, but how long does this work?
How long will the hardcore Locked openers pay Hundreds of Dollars for one Mythic?

Arcane Ring costs over 100mio...i'm sure the new weapons will cost over 15 mio... new Players or non Plat Players will never be able to buy one....

I see STG will and should earn money for their work, but the Locked Chest in my opinion is no good way.

A lot of people leave AL, because they openend hundreds of lockeds for nothing.

AL is a great game and i'm sure STG would find other ways to earn money whithout lockeds.

Crowsfoot
05-10-2014, 05:20 PM
You are right, but how long does this work?
How long will the hardcore Locked openers pay Hundreds of Dollars for one Mythic?

Arcane Ring costs over 100mio...i'm sure the new weapons will cost over 15 mio... new Players or non Plat Players will never be able to buy one....

I see STG will and should earn money for their work, but the Locked Chest in my opinion is no good way.

A lot of people leave AL, because they openend hundreds of lockeds for nothing.

AL is a great game and i'm sure STG would find other ways to earn money whithout lockeds.
I've been fighting the locked system since season 2. It is here to say, like it or not.

I am not a platinum buyer so I am not one to control the matter.

Doomreaper
05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
new Players or non Plat Players will never be able to buy one....

Except the warriors, because no one wants another shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anarchist
05-10-2014, 06:12 PM
I have given up on farming cause lets be onest it is a wicked joke the one that goes "I will make 100milli through farming and merching". Who tells you this is possible is lying to you.

So what now? I am gonna continue to pop more crates and cross my fingers.
Eventually one day i will get fustrated by the inhuman odds and abandon the game after waisting my time and money on pixels.

Ishtmeet
05-10-2014, 06:29 PM
It is a good idea. Keep them untradeable and will be cool.

Spell
05-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I have an idea.since ppl whine about plat spending.how about take the Old lvl 31 mythics and craft them with,let's say,mythic wood chunk (purchased with Gold or Plat )Boom now ppl who have the "cheap items" will have the new weps.that way The "rich" players have to pay the not so rich peeps 15-20m for their item =) i think that would help spread the wealth around a bit =D any opinions?

Morholt
05-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I'd prefer they take a loss in their NOW profits, to fix the game for the long run, allowing them greater profit total over time by extending the longevity of the game...

Make the weapons purchased through gold...about...30 million each. We need a solid gold sink to help fix the economy. Have weapons lootable from crates in a second weekend event in the future.
Would like new mythic amulets to be gold purchased AND possibly account bound.

Crowsfoot
05-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I have an idea.since ppl whine about plat spending.how about take the Old lvl 31 mythics and craft them with,let's say,mythic wood chunk (purchased with Gold or Plat )Boom now ppl who have the "cheap items" will have the new weps.that way The "rich" players have to pay the not so rich peeps 15-20m for their item =) i think that would help spread the wealth around a bit =D any opinions?
Now, without fair warning, we need to buy a discontinued item at insane prices? Pass, nice idea Lia but I'd rather have new myth released as planned.

Energizeric
05-10-2014, 08:55 PM
You can just convert your plat to gold and buy one from a player who loots one. There is no need to make this game "pay to win".

Thrucho
05-10-2014, 09:17 PM
You can just convert your gold to plat and buy one from a player who loots one. There is no need to make this game "pay to win".

How do u turn gold into plat?? Tell us the secret because that's not possible as far as I know

Energizeric
05-10-2014, 09:23 PM
How do u turn gold into plat?? Tell us the secret because that's not possible as far as I know

Sorry, meant to say "convert your plat to gold". I meant you can buy the mythic weapon from someone who loots it.

Crowsfoot
05-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I think he meant plat to gold. Since he's buying a mythic weapon from another player.

Thrucho
05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Sorry, meant to say "convert your plat to gold". I meant you can buy the mythic weapon from someone who loots it.

U can only get 500k gold for 500 plat.. That's $50 bucks in USA.. U need at least 20m gold to buy a mythic weapon.. U do the math bro

Sceazikua
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM

just a typo lol. he meant plat to gold.

U can only get 500k gold for 500 plat.. That's $50 bucks in USA.. U need at least 20m gold to buy a mythic weapon.. U do the math bro

some people do it the smart way, some dont ;)

And, This will absolutely make the weapons lose their value. Lets say, not all plat buyers will have it if they just open crates because its random luck. And with this? all plat buyer will have it because you just need to buy enough plat -> go to store -> tap tap -> boom, a new cool weapon in inventory.

dantus
05-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm all for it but no one would pop crates to get one period.

Morholt
05-10-2014, 10:08 PM
U can only get 500k gold for 500 plat.. That's $50 bucks in USA.. U need at least 20m gold to buy a mythic weapon.. U do the math broIsn't there a better deal than that rate of buying plat?
Why would you talk about large quantities at a unfavorable rate that no one would use?

Most people who buy crazy amounts like 30k plat at a time will do it during a 40% off sale...or money isn't a problem to them, and thus killing this whole conversation.

And the odds of getting a mythic weapon...lol Hard enough to get a mythic period...then you have to hope it is one of the weapons. It'd be fair to say you need to open 1,000 crates to ensure you'd get one. That's 15,000 plat...that's 15mil gold. Add in the costs of crates...if you buy 1k crates now, that's another 10 mil? Up to 20 mil if you buy during the event.

Feeling lucky? 500 crates for a mythic weapon...7.5mil + 5-10 mil.

Yea...converting plat to gold and paying a little extra for a "finder's fee" is by no means crazy.

Xeusx
05-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Lol@mythic weapons
-1 Because the mythic weapons will become cheap and easily destroy the market mythics..

ShannKey
05-10-2014, 10:57 PM
I would greatly welcome this concept. STS some really consider this option :eagerness:

Xeusx
05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
I would greatly welcome this concept. STS some really consider this option :eagerness:
This will make the market out of control...and mythic weapons become cheap..
Edit: Mythic is a rarity that are super rare to loot it < From locked and elite golden chests
Arcane is a rarity that are very super rare to loot it < From Locked and elite golden chests

So, why mythic weapons should be purchaseable? No, it shouldnt be purchaseable.
From the above, no one notice this, and only commenting to the suggester..

Pfurz
05-10-2014, 11:15 PM
I like the way they came before. Be lucky or fellow to get one of these.

faefaefae
05-10-2014, 11:38 PM
This is just a bad idea.:upset:

IshoootU
05-10-2014, 11:45 PM
I like this idea. i would like to get my hands on a decent mythic weapon. i know some people are against it especially the rich (in game) ones because they want to set the market price and profit from it. i dont get why some people are so against the majority getting good gear. dont we have the arcane levels for that already?

+1, make it plat purchasable (tradable or not), and make them lootable from crates. i think its a win-win for STS and players. STS cashes in from purchases, players get good gear.

Sceazikua
05-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Lol@mythic weapons
-1 Because the mythic weapons will become cheap and easily destroy the market mythics..

This. Lmao people who buys plat just wants to own the mythics easily without having to play gamble or paying a big amount of gold, and they dont care about anything else but themselves owning it. If this was implemented, everybody will be running around in mythic, are you feeling eclusive then? This would just expand the gap between plat and non-plat where with plat you got the (best?) stuff ingame.

IshoootU
05-11-2014, 12:01 AM
i dont see a problem with people running around in mythics. i see a problem when the rich control the price of good gears. no, i dont need to feel exclusive just so i can brag about my gears. i will feel better if the party im running with are better equipped to kill faster. i dont see the gap widening because for sure, people will also sell what they purchase with plats for a slightly higher price, but not the insane price the rich wants to put on them. i dont see the need to establish a "mythic market", let the people have good gears!

Xeusx
05-11-2014, 12:18 AM
i dont see a problem with people running around in mythics. i see a problem when the rich control the price of good gears. no, i dont need to feel exclusive just so i can brag about my gears. i will feel better if the party im running with are better equipped to kill faster. i dont see the gap widening because for sure, people will also sell what they purchase with plats for a slightly higher price, but not the insane price the rich wants to put on them. i dont see the need to establish a "mythic market", let the people have good gears!
Because the rich always farm those good gears, and mythic weapons wont make u feel better to kill faster...its about skills
So, u want rich ppl rage for those mythic weapons purchaseable?
I want to ask u:
- Are u a twink?
- If u are twink, then why u want those mythic weapons purchaseable?
- Can you farming those good gears and buy mythic weapons for gold from other players?
- Can you farm those lockeds if you are a twink?
- If you are a rogue, then why u wanna have it even you have strong bow?

Come on, answer my question and u will notice why.

IshoootU
05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Because the rich always farm those good gears, and mythic weapons wont make u feel better to kill faster...its about skills
So, u want rich ppl rage for those mythic weapons purchaseable?
I want to ask u:
- Are u a twink?
- If u are twink, then why u want those mythic weapons purchaseable?
- Can you farming those good gears and buy mythic weapons for gold from other players?
- Can you farm those lockeds if you are a twink?
- If you are a rogue, then why u wanna have it even you have strong bow?

Come on, answer my question and u will notice why.

your assumptions are flawed. im not commenting about skill, if the same player, whatever skill level, gets a hold of mythic, will definitely kill faster.
its not about twinks. its a LVL 41 mythic, so you'd have to cap.
i dont understand the relation to your question about farming
i dont need to be a rouge to want a good gear.

how about you, why dont you want players to have better gears by making mythics affordable (lower gold cost by making it available in plat)? do you gain any advantage if majority cant get a good mythic weapon?

Xeusx
05-11-2014, 01:55 AM
your assumptions are flawed. im not commenting about skill, if the same player, whatever skill level, gets a hold of mythic, will definitely kill faster.
its not about twinks. its a LVL 41 mythic, so you'd have to cap.
i dont understand the relation to your question about farming
i dont need to be a rouge to want a good gear.

how about you, why dont you want players to have better gears by making mythics affordable (lower gold cost by making it available in plat)? do you gain any advantage if majority cant get a good mythic weapon?
This will make the market out of control...and mythic weapons become cheap..
Mythic is a rarity that are super rare to loot it < From locked and elite golden chests
Arcane is a rarity that are very super rare to loot it < From Locked and elite golden chests

So, why mythic weapons should be purchaseable? No, it shouldnt be purchaseable.
I dont want players who got mythic weapon from lockeds but not purchaseable, so players will actually wasted lots of plats for low golds
Question:
- Can players have better gears by selling mythic weapon?

sevenpain
05-11-2014, 02:06 AM

Lol

Anarchist
05-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Limited time Mythic items purchasable either by plat or by gold ( better by gold) is perfect. Add it with a mini or big event where the players have to farm really hard to craft them. And on top of this add a ultimate version only upgradeable with a mythic shard gotten through locked crates and you will obtain:

Gold sink.
Happy players.
Breathing space to crate poppers.
With one stone.

Sts would be sad but they could recover the money from elsewhere. I am sure after a while the the horse and carrot trick will arrive to a point where the horse will understand he can never reach the carrot.
This gamble strategy won't last for ever.

Meljann
05-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Bad idea every1 will have the new weapons the price will drop like a brick

Froxanthar
05-11-2014, 02:41 AM
How about :

- Mythic/ Arcane that buy with a gold/plats/token have no gem slots.

- Mythic / Arcane that obtain from Lockeds have gem slots.

:D

Sceazikua
05-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Limited time Mythic items purchasable either by plat or by gold ( better by gold) is perfect. Add it with a mini or big event where the players have to farm really hard to craft them. And on top of this add a ultimate version only upgradeable with a mythic shard gotten through locked crates and you will obtain:

Gold sink.
Happy players.
With one stone.

Sts would be sad but they could recover the money from elsewhere. I am sure after a while the the horse and carrot trick will arrive to a point where the horse will understand he can never reach the carrot.

hard quest for mythic? yes
purchase mythic for plat? no thanks, it will turn the game into pay-to-win
purchase mythic for gold (huge amount)? kinda acceptable.

Waheedski
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Pros and cons here and there.......

Yeah mythics available via plat will destroy the market and the need to farm them but......

I would love to own a mythic without gambling on crates, I know I'll never own one cos I dont open crates (hehehe) and the gold prices will make it out of my range but.....

I don't want a market crash or myths devalued.

Maybe easily obtainable during a special event ? A magic mythic weekend, giving people way better chance/odds to own one. And I do mean waaaay better chance not like 0.01 before event and now 0.02 after LOL.

Spent a fortune on super gemmed magma stuff, ran out of gold o.o ~ feels violated!

Prahasit Prahi
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Then they should not make them tradable.

Thrucho
05-11-2014, 09:38 AM

Gold sink.
Happy players.
With one stone.

You got a great idea and I agree with you on everything except on the mythic shard.. That would make it a gameble again trying to get out of locked crates like the arcane shard.. Great Idea tho

VenomsChaos
05-11-2014, 10:14 PM

Gold sink.
Happy players.
With one stone.

+1 on idea..
+10000 for horse carrot story..

u are right, free player need waste maybe 1 year for the full lvl 41 items... than to there will be new caps new items... i said it before to, Mythic ring could be come first and wery closer statu to arcane... and weapons to should like that, 1 arcane 1 mythic at sametime, rich ppls will be race for arcanes and mythics will be cheaper for avarage players, and mythic players can kill arcane if they dont have huge different statu...

Example i got 20 mil till now and farmed crazy for it " also sold jester set " so now i ll buy a mythic item with my 5-6 month farmed gold ? if i buy it i cant buy a arm ring amulat, if i buy weapon i will need 6 more month for buy a new mythic on lvl 46... i think need arcane + mythic at sametime and mythic drop rate should easy...

its front of season now, and lvl 41 mythic comeing... first rich players will race for it 20-40 mil, than when all the rich ppls got it.. than avarage players will be race 10-20 mil, and its will near end of season... Yes i liked your horse - carrot History...

+++ i giwe up to try catch most stronger players and started collect pets for fun, 64 pet now :)... there no way to catch trust me no way. 1/10000 change maybe... lets calculate together,
- lvl 41 arm will be 20-40 mil
- lvl 41 helm will be 20-40
- Weapon 20-40
- ring 90-100 mil
- shard 70-80 mil

For the get that gold you can farm 1-2 year, lets say you farmed it.. will you buy this items while you know 3-4 month later there will ne new items ? i

hope you got my point...

btw finally 64 Pet ;) and need last 2 achivement, after do this 2 achivement game will be boring for me

Energizeric
05-12-2014, 03:19 AM
If you were to do this, the elite legendary magma weapons would be worth 5k. Who would actually want to use those weapons when most people would have mythics? Farming would be over. The game would be purely pvp, as there would be no good pve places to farm anymore.

Madnex
05-12-2014, 03:49 AM
If you were to do this, the elite legendary magma weapons would be worth 5k. Who would actually want to use those weapons when most people would have mythics? Farming would be over. The game would be purely pvp, as there would be no good pve places to farm anymore.
Thanks Eric, you read my mind. The concept of his idea is not completely out of place yet gold-purchasable mythics will ruin every other weapon of the same category as no one will use or want it. However, gold-purchasable new legendary jewelry for lvl41 sounds like an excellent gold-sink worth considering.

Endkey
05-12-2014, 03:52 AM
i think that would help spread the wealth around a bit =D any opinions?

Spread the wealth throught the gift lol :p

Energizeric
05-12-2014, 04:46 AM
Thanks Eric, you read my mind. The concept of his idea is not completely out of place yet gold-purchasable mythics will ruin every other weapon of the same category as no one will use or want it. However, gold-purchasable new legendary jewelry for lvl41 sounds like an excellent gold-sink worth considering.

Gold purchased from an NPC is a fine idea, as long as it is priced properly. However, plat purchased is another thing all together, and is what they are suggesting in this thread.

bloodpack004
05-12-2014, 04:51 AM

I couldn't agree more...