PDA

View Full Version : Elite bosses, is this some kind of joke?

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Please explain me why me, as a tank i have to play like a rogue and kite the boss so i will not die? Why does the red zone in tindirin one hits me when all my spells and attacks are for close range? My only choice when fighting tindirin bosses is to run around and heal the dps, how fun is that?

Sceazikua
05-11-2014, 03:00 AM
learn to play agaisnt them because not everything is hacknslash

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Learn to be a rogue tank?

geosimos
05-11-2014, 03:14 AM
Are you sure a warrior?

Sceazikua
05-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Is this your story?
"I see a big boss over there
I come close to him
I hack n slash on him
There is a red circle on the ground
This is a hack n slash game, right? I stand still in his charged attacks
I died and cried why the hell he is so strong
I cried more on forum"

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 03:58 AM
I don't die mate, i am annoyed i have to use kite technique for that. Did u read my post? I say that warrior spells are close range yet he cant stay at close range with these bosses. Beside all these there are those moments when red zone doesn't show up or it shows up in the wrong place.

Scea stop acting like such a smar*** . My post is to complain about the mechanics of being a warrior not about me dying because that rarely happens. What im saying is, im not enjoying the style we have to adapt to when fighting these bosses.

Bullox
05-11-2014, 04:02 AM
I played my tank last time at 36 cap, but if right when u use Axe throw and Chest Splitter at the right time, you can stand that red attacks.

...... so you only have to play your tank correct....

Correct me if im wrong....

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 04:05 AM
This is not correct this season.

Xeusx
05-11-2014, 04:22 AM
Ugh, why complaining about this?
That is how warriors tanking, tanking for great loot or bad loot..

Edit: I lol'ed to who thank Gumball's thread.

Xeusx
05-11-2014, 04:33 AM
I don't die mate, i am annoyed i have to use kite technique for that. Did u read my post? I say that warrior spells are close range yet he cant stay at close range with these bosses. Beside all these there are those moments when red zone doesn't show up or it shows up in the wrong place.

Scea stop acting like such a smar*** . My post is to complain about the mechanics of being a warrior not about me dying because that rarely happens. What im saying is, im not enjoying the style we have to adapt to when fighting these bosses.
Then dont complain about this
I want to ask:
- Can you survive when fighting these bosses after your dps died because of no heal?
- Can you fight these bosses alone with no dps?
- Can we enjoy it if we heal these dps for survive?

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 04:40 AM
It's not all about healing the dps, some of the dps players will die anyway because tank can't keep aggro of the boss, if the tank tries to keep aggro he will die too

Energizeric
05-11-2014, 04:51 AM
There are only certain times when the bosses can one hit you. 90% of the time you can stay right next to them and swing away. But when they get all charged up, then you have to move or you will die. Yes, these bosses require some strategy and skill to defeat. You cannot just stand there and spam your skills to win. I know warriors are used to that, but now you will actually have to learn some strategy.

Xeusx
05-11-2014, 04:54 AM
It's not all about healing the dps, some of the dps players will die anyway because tank can't keep aggro of the boss, if the tank tries to keep aggro he will die too
Do this step:
- Use charged jugg
- Spam those pots

^ Will make u never die when tries to keep aggro

Don't u ever make a strategy to keep aggro like that?

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 04:55 AM
There are only certain times when the bosses can one hit you. 90% of the time you can stay right next to them and swing away. But when they get all charged up, then you have to move or you will die. Yes, these bosses require some strategy and skill to defeat. You cannot just stand there and spam your skills to win. I know warriors are used to that, but now you will actually have to learn some strategy.

I don't like how warrior is played at boss i am not interested in mages opinion i'd like to hear from other warriors.

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Do this step:
- Use charged jugg
- Spam those pots

^ Will make u never die when tries to keep aggro

Don't u ever make a strategy to keep aggro like that?

Jug is good skill but it's not 100% reliable, you can still die when using jug.

Ishtmeet
05-11-2014, 04:58 AM
Hey Gumb,
1st and 5th boss are the easiest. That troll is easy, you just need to run away from that big conical attack. Probably a 100% stun pet will work at that time. It's bugged and often kill people who're not in range too. He takes a long time to charge that attack, so run away from troll(not left or right, but the opposite side) or kelvin/george really help. Third boss, He cant kill you 1 hit unless he pulls when hes enraged. Using George/kelvin and using heal and kelvin's ability on alternate occasions will do that for you. Alagran is much fun. 4th boss, hes also easy, he 1 hits you on his short red ranged attack. Try to be on the back of that spider everytime.
Yes , these new maps need tactics. These are not like shuyal where you can stand and keep spamming skills and potions to survive. Understanding the technique to fight boss will make it really easy for you :)
Good luck!

Xeusx
05-11-2014, 04:59 AM
Jug is good skill but it's not 100% reliable, you can still die when using jug.
Lol, what about u should try using HoR when u are dying?

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 05:05 AM
Thank you ish for the tips, yes the troll boss randomly kills me and also arachna can cocoon you when you are out of the red zone. Tell me what are you going to do when u get randomly cocooned by aracha then the boss uses green spit on you + attack, nothing. You can't survive that only by spamming pots.

Ishtmeet
05-11-2014, 05:10 AM
Thank you ish for the tips, yes the troll boss randomly kills me and also arachna can cocoon you when you are out of the red zone. Tell me what are you going to do when u get randomly cocooned by aracha then the boss uses green spit on you + attack, nothing. You can't survive that only by spamming pots.

That boss makes me cocooon when I'm in that triangular long ranged shot(Looks similar like the Mother/Antee Pull). Try to stand on boss and Fight. Whenever that red range appears, Just move to his back and it will save you.
When he makes you cocoon, he comes closer and uses a short ranged powerful attack that kills u 95% times in 1 hit, so when ever someone is stuck in cocoon we try to divert the attension of boss and make him go away from that person. But yes these boss 1 hits many times.
And try to use cs, venge horn and jugger at that boss fight for extra hp and less crit chance.
I hope it may help

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 05:18 AM
Yes but it cocoons me when im out of his red zone, that is out if my control and i hate it. I will mention my ping doesn't go over 300 so how can you explain this?

Waheedski
05-11-2014, 05:40 AM
Hey gumball, unfortunately we're not made for distance fighting hence a team of mages and rogues is good, very good. Yes our skills are close combat, although axe has a little distance and against bosses it's a good weapon. Personally I would have loved if the new mythic weapon for warrior was an arcane missile launcher or a sword that procs a tree in the bosses face!

.......No one cries more in this game than me, just saying.

Tindirin bosses def need strategy, follow what Ishxmeet said dats da troof for tanks, but I wouldn't solo the boss as a tank, I'd get some backup :) if you need help to complete dragon enclave let me know in-game, me and a pesky rogue will help, and maybe I can get a sorcerer too :)

That reminds me...I have a story to tell........

Ishtmeet
05-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Gumb, just a bug like the troll's conical ranged attack. :( Can't do something

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Thanks waheedski for encouragement and ish for the tips, i always try to help my pt it's not that im unskilled but when i die because some random glitches and them my whole pt dies, it just makes me mad.

If sts can't fix those at least make it so the bosses don't take all our hp in one hit and give us time to pot up and continue supporting our party.

Ishtmeet
05-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks waheedski for encouragement and ish for the tips, i always try to help my pt it's not that im unskilled but when i die because some random glitches and them my whole pt dies, it just makes me mad.

Nah it's not your fault. trust me sometimes I die with jugger(+20% dmg reduc) and venge having 7500 hp with them in 1 hit. They really crit hard. Yes sometimes you need to play like a rogue ;)

Gensin
05-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Are your gears right?

Kakashis
05-11-2014, 07:36 AM
I've only met one warrior who was able to survive all those one hits! They used full magma armor, maul, Singe, and Arcane ring. Used chest splitter, vb, jugg, and hor. Pretty much you need the best of the best equips of this expansion to make it playable like it was before. I mostly run with tanks that need to kite and move around the boss which is fine. The boss can't catch us, but those magma falling rocks are like godly powerful.

Serancha
05-11-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't like how warrior is played at boss i am not interested in mages opinion i'd like to hear from other warriors.

I think this is a very closed minded attitude when you're looking for useful information.

Considering Warriors rarely run with each other, they do not witness what works and what doesn't with different styles and strategies. They only know what they personally do. Mages as experienced as Ener, as well as many top rogues, are extremely well versed on what a warrior does that is effective and most beneficial to everyone's survival.

I can tell you that the tanks I run with don't dance around and heal us while we hit. I could also list several skill setups and effective strategies, learned from 19 months of playing, a year leading a top guild, and also my experience playing the class. The players who have been in this game since season 1 have a lot of info gathered through seasons testing, research and endless discussions.

The things that make up a good warrior (and sometimes those which make a warrior killable) are of much interest to us. The players who have been around the longest tend to pay the most attention to the subtle differences in strategy needed each expansion, since they are constantly monitoring the evolution of the game style presented by the devs.

Just because someone is "known" for playing one class, doesn't mean that is all they do. I am pretty certain all the players from season 1 and 2 who are still in game have multiple characters spanning all classes. Knowing them all improves everyone's game. Turning down advice because someone is known as a different class is shutting off a huge amount of valuable information.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 11:45 AM
I hide in the corner and throw axe.

I also use George, that short stun give me time to pop a quick CS and 1 or 2 basic attack hits in. Then I run away again. You van also use shield from HoR to do this but I prefer to shield DPS.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 11:48 AM
I've only met one warrior who was able to survive all those one hits! They used full magma armor, maul, Singe, and Arcane ring. Used chest splitter, vb, jugg, and hor. Pretty much you need the best of the best equips of this expansion to make it playable like it was before. I mostly run with tanks that need to kite and move around the boss which is fine. The boss can't catch us, but those magma falling rocks are like godly powerful.
Rocks are not a problem, but this surving one hits point is interesting. You are saying that 2300 armor can sustain one hits? (For those who judged my 2300 armor figure in the warrior discussion section, point made).

geosimos
05-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Dude read your skills... You have skills that reduce the crit of your enemies....
So try to use cs or axe before mob use ability....also try to spam pots.....if an elite party need a warrior that warriors should you taunt build... And dont let mobs hit dps... Its so simple... Maybe you have some errors on spam pots...lmao i wanna see you to tank with a rogue...

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I think this is a very closed minded attitude when you're looking for useful information.

Considering Warriors rarely run with each other, they do not witness what works and what doesn't with different styles and strategies. They only know what they personally do. Mages as experienced as Ener, as well as many top rogues, are extremely well versed on what a warrior does that is effective and most beneficial to everyone's survival.

I can tell you that the tanks I run with don't dance around and heal us while we hit. I could also list several skill setups and effective strategies, learned from 19 months of playing, a year leading a top guild, and also my experience playing the class. The players who have been in this game since season 1 have a lot of info gathered through seasons testing, research and endless discussions.

The things that make up a good warrior (and sometimes those which make a warrior killable) are of much interest to us. The players who have been around the longest tend to pay the most attention to the subtle differences in strategy needed each expansion, since they are constantly monitoring the evolution of the game style presented by the devs.

Just because someone is "known" for playing one class, doesn't mean that is all they do. I am pretty certain all the players from season 1 and 2 who are still in game have multiple characters spanning all classes. Knowing them all improves everyone's game. Turning down advice because someone is known as a different class is shutting off a huge amount of valuable information.

Such a big wall of text i won't bother reading. Energizer post is useless, he basically says i need more skill yet he doesnt go into any detalis.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 01:18 PM

Please do. Even jugg doesn't save me from Abomination's one hits.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 01:19 PM
It's the 10% most are struggling with

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Such a big wall of text i won't bother reading. Energizer post is useless, he basically says i need more skill yet he doesnt go into any detalis.
Don't be lazy, read all posts if you truly want help. Energizer alsio said more than you need skill, he noted that you can dodge 90% of the one hits with practice. However, I assume, as with me, are worried about the other 10% of the time

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Don't be lazy, read all posts if you truly want help. Energizer alsio said more than you need skill, he noted that you can dodge 90% of the one hits with practice. However, I assume, as with me, are worried about the other 10% of the time

Yes you understood me perfectly and i would take advice from you any day since ure a well known pve tank.

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 01:34 PM
I played since shuyal expansion i didn't have any complaints about those bosses, they did require strategy, like overgrowth was always fun to fight or undim fields were enjoyable maps.

I can't say there is much strategy to the new ones apart from avoiding the red zones but when i get one hit out of the red zone, thats when i get pisst.

I am concerned about new players who pick rhe warrior class with the word TANK in mind and they find out that in elite they are as good as paper.

I am not talking about the mobsbecause they are tankable, at least for me i didn't have problems with them.

Kakashis
05-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Rocks are not a problem, but this surving one hits point is interesting. You are saying that 2300 armor can sustain one hits? (For those who judged my 2300 armor figure in the warrior discussion section, point made).

Yes, high armor and the almost 8k hp plus some ignore pains allowed that person to sustain all them hits. More people are rocking upgraded mythic sets which is perfectly fine, I think Singe and Arcane ring are the game changers but at the price of 100 million dollars *pinky to lips* is a little out of reach for most. Kiting is the alternate strategy which is perfectly fine. I've also seen some average equipped warriors use kelvin/George spam and I didn't even need to run from falling magma rocks and I didn't even get hit once.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Yes, high armor and the almost 8k hp plus some ignore pains allowed that person to sustain all them hits. More people are rocking upgraded mythic sets which is perfectly fine, I think Singe and Arcane ring are the game changers but at the price of 100 million dollars *pinky to lips* is a little out of reach for most. Kiting is the alternate strategy which is perfectly fine. I've also seen some average equipped warriors use kelvin/George spam and I didn't even need to run from falling magma rocks and I didn't even get hit once.
Nice Austin Powers reference.

Why is Singe so powerful, in yuoir opinion? I know little of the pet besides its high damage output.

baklolz
05-11-2014, 01:58 PM
U sure ur playing ur character right? O.o

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 02:01 PM
U sure ur playing ur character right? O.o

Do you do elites bro? I see you are a mage: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=147204

Please refrain from useless posts.

Maarkus
05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Please explain me why me, as a tank i have to play like a rogue and kite the boss so i will not die? Why does the red zone in tindirin one hits me when all my spells and attacks are for close range? My only choice when fighting tindirin bosses is to run around and heal the dps, how fun is that?

Hi Ravenousxd,
I play warrior exclisively and have been around, im not the best tank but i try.
So here are my tips and i hope u like em.
1. Do not ignore other class comments, we as 'tanks' need their feedback because we are suppose to protect them.
2. Jagged trail boss-i hated him too btw- but after a lot of runs i noticed that it is impossible not to die with his main attack- i tried all combinations until i realized the only way to survive is to be invunrable - time your Charged HOR invul skill, when u see the big red cone u have approx 2seconds to released a charged HOR shield , and u'll be safe, i have 'tanked' this boss quite well this should work.
3. Magma corridor boss - same tactic as jagged trail boss but wait for the orange ring to appear- 1-2secomds later the red zones will appear - release HOR and u should be safe.

Note: it should be a given that u are spamming pots heavily
My gear:
Weapon: Maul (but any weapon works i just preffer maul)
Armor: mythic - i tried all magma, but like i said, only way to survive is to be imvunrable for that attack period
Ring: arcane but i have ran with mythic ring with same tactic before i acquired the arcane ring
Amulet: doom
Pet: adviced is sam for regen but i switch to singe for the str bonus

Build : chest splitter, skyward smash, vengeful blood, Horn of renew

I hope this helps, pm me ingame if u wanna run and try this i think it better when u see it used

Also dont get me wrong i still die every now and then lolz but its when i dont time HOR right

I sincerely hope this helps,

Maarkus

gumball3000
05-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks maarkus, will do.
There is a problem tho: if you party with another thank that heals wrong you will still die because of the 10 second shield limit.

Ebezaanec
05-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks maarkus, will do.
There is a problem tho: if you party with another thank that heals wrong you will still die because of the 10 second shield limit.

If one tank heals the party and then you heal, only you will receive the invulnerability... Other party members are stuck with the limit. Tank heals override each other limits, but only for themselves.

Ihateppl
05-11-2014, 03:57 PM
too much drama @.@

Rianaku
05-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Wow - Complaining that you have to use a little tactics?
I'm a full-time no myth Warrior.

The only thing I want to say is, sorry mate, but not everything is handed on a plate all cut up for you.
Gotta cut that shiz yourself.

I can tank every boss on the new maps (and have recently done so). Yes they are hard, but would you rather they be dead easy and the price of drops fly away, and everyone get bored and players start leaving?
So grow a pair, and learn to play, or leaveee. :)

PEACE

Serancha
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
@ Crowsfoot I would be happy to have a discussion with you sometime.

I know we'd likely disagree on a lot of things, but I am always interested in discussing challenges with experienced players. Combining knowledge is often the best way to come up with something that could work. You never know until you try - you might be surprised. Just ask Madnex. :)

As for this thread, I believe trolling and outright insulting people is against forum policies. When someone asks for help, then sits there insulting 80% of the people who offer input, it is appallingly rude and totally inappropriate. I don't care how old they are, there's no excuse for it.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 09:16 PM
@ Crowsfoot I would be happy to have a discussion with you sometime.

I know we'd likely disagree on a lot of things, but I am always interested in discussing challenges with experienced players. Combining knowledge is often the best way to come up with something that could work. You never know until you try - you might be surprised. Just ask Madnex. :)

As for this thread, I believe trolling and outright insulting people is against forum policies. When someone asks for help, then sits there insulting 80% of the people who offer input, it is appallingly rude and totally inappropriate. I don't care how old they are, there's no excuse for it.

Please tell me where I insulted someone and I will promptly apologize.

Additinally, if you know "several" tactics to beat one hits I don't believe it would be difficult to share even one. I have not found a way and am entirely open to anything I haven't yet tested.

EDIT: if you don't believe I don't consider the advice of other you are entirely wrong. I pm many people in game asking for takes. Often I agree, however, I have disagreed with people. I have changed the specs of many as well as changed my spec based in the input of many.

Players who have changed my spec (just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more) include: Millzee, Taejo, Craeyon, Killingsworth, Joncheese, Eeknoh, Jiri (can't remember full name), saaz (can't remember full name), Venom, Meozudet, Deasafad, Ardbeg, etc

The first thing I ask a warrior who impresses me is their spec. I then ask why they put points where. Often I find my spec is very similar to theirs and changing either of ours wouldn't be worth the plat since comparing which is "better" is immeasurable.

EDIT 2: if you don't believe me, just check the thread I made in warrior discussion on my 41 spec. I distinctly remember giving speical thanks to jiri and Craeyon in the comments section. I take any feed back that is well supported and testable. Empty promises of "several tactics" is redherring to me. You have given me no information of value, yet.

EDIT 3: The age comment confuses me. What relevance, at all, is age. Not only do I disregard all measures of intelligence when it comes to age, but how would I know a forum user's age?

Morholt
05-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Yes but it cocoons me when im out of his red zone, that is out if my control and i hate it. I will mention my ping doesn't go over 300 so how can you explain this?Eh, don't be fooled by the game. The color system of green is good, yellow is okay, and red is bad is FAR from the truth when it comes to ping.

In other games...300 ping is nearly unplayable. I don't like being over 100 ping, to be honest--feels too laggy/choppy for my precise style of playing in games.

So, when you have 200 ping...it's really not great, and that's why you're getting hit outside of red zones. I can often tell what my ping is fighting the spider by just how far it can caccoon me from the shown redzone.

Serancha
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Please tell me where I insulted someone and I will promptly apologize.

Additinally, if you know "several" tactics to beat one hits I don't believe it would be difficult to share even one. I have not found a way and am entirely open to anything I haven't yet tested.

EDIT: if you don't believe I don't consider the advice of other you are entirely wrong. I pm many people in game asking for takes. Often I agree, however, I have disagreed with people. I have changed the specs of many as well as changed my spec based in the input of many.

Players who have changed my spec (just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more) include: Millzee, Taejo, Craeyon, Killingsworth, Joncheese, Eeknoh, Jiri (can't remember full name), saaz (can't remember full name), Venom, Meozudet, Deasafad, Ardbeg, etc

The first thing I ask a warrior who impresses me is their spec. I then ask why they put points where. Often I find my spec is very similar to theirs and changing either of ours wouldn't be worth the plat since comparing which is "better" is immeasurable.

EDIT 2: if you don't believe me, just check the thread I made in warrior discussion on my 41 spec. I distinctly remember giving speical thanks to jiri and Craeyon in the comments section. I take any feed back that is well supported and testable. Empty promises of "several tactics" is redherring to me. You have given me no information of value, yet.

EDIT 3: The age comment confuses me. What relevance, at all, is age. Not only do I disregard all measures of intelligence when it comes to age, but how would I know a forum user's age?

Crow.... The first statement was to you, the one saying I would enjoy getting together and discussing the topic.

The second statement, after an obvious enough large space to be clear it was no longer to you, said clearly "in regards to this thread" and referred to "the guy asking for help and rejecting the offers with insults". I thought it was very clear to anyone who had read the thread, that this comment was regarding ravenous-the-rude, and had nothing at all to do with you. If you look back, my comment to you was friendly and hoping to engage in constructive dialogue.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, but double posting is frowned upon in forums, and i was not about to quote everything the guy said out of line.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Crow.... The first statement was to you, the one saying I would enjoy getting together and discussing the topic.

The second statement, after an obvious enough large space to be clear it was no longer to you, said clearly "in regards to this thread" and referred to "the guy asking for help and rejecting the offers with insults". I thought it was very clear to anyone who had read the thread, that this comment was regarding ravenous-the-rude, and had nothing at all to do with you. If you look back, my comment to you was friendly and hoping to engage in constructive dialogue.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, but double posting is frowned upon in forums, and i was not about to quote everything the guy said out of line.
I apologize for jumping to conclusions. The lack of a new nominative subject in the second paragraph caused me to assume that the later text was also in reference to me.

gumball3000
05-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Sorry to say this serancha but you iffered no valuable imput and your posts are long and without substance.

I think. you are out of line to comment on my behaviour and that you should let the mods take care of that.

You say you have a build for avoiding one hits? AL has 8 skills/class, i don't know how you could come up with something so miraculous without everyone knowing it already.

falmear
05-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Kreasadriii
05-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Bro -__-
My tank is not really good I guess, but I play elite tindirin, and doesn't meet any big problem.
I know I'm complaining because the hardest part of elite, but its a challenges.

At some point, u need more smart strategic and nice team play in elite maps especially elite tindirin.
Warrior is for tanking bro so the other mages or rogue can hit the mobs and the bosses, ur duty is to protect them as fast as possible and keep them safe to beat elite bosses. Why using spam pot and heal so much? See the possible loot items and chest is so expensive, thats why. Even better equip is not guarantee u'll be safe elite there :p

Sorry, I just give my opinion because I've done elite tindirin maps and tanking my elite friends, thought it was totally impossible for me to elite tindirin but I've done it well..

*my bad english* o_o

Kreasadriii
05-12-2014, 12:59 AM

Jurassic Park; The Return of Falsaurs :p

Serancha
05-12-2014, 01:55 AM
You say you have a build for avoiding one hits? AL has 8 skills/class, i don't know how you could come up with something so miraculous without everyone knowing it already.

Explanation

I said I have several skill setups and effective strategies for playing Warrior. Only you can avoid one-hits. That is not a build issue, it is a matter of knowing your bosses well, and timing your skills properly. As someone else said, the only time a warrior should be one-hit is when his timing is off.

EDIT to add: The timings I am referring to are detailed by Maarkus in his post at the top of the page. He is one of the finest warriors that I have had the pleasure to run with, besides Ravagerx of course. Mstjj is one of the best in the game as well. There's a few others, but no more than half a dozen that I would consider amazing.

You don't need to be amazing to survive though, just pay attention. I just ran troll, spider, algeron and rendtail elites on a level 40 legendary warrior with valkin. I got one-hit once on the troll when I missed a timing by 1/4 second, but that was all. There was no pet spamming involved. I had 2 rogues and a mage with me.

My current build includes

Venge, horn, smash, cs and axe. Smash and cs for mobs, axe and cs for bosses.

The double feeble + stun + taunt keeps the bosses in line and prevents most crits. Warrior skills can also stun a large percentage of mobs for 8 seconds at a time. Since they don't have stun immunity, a warrior can effectively perma-stun them. Not so much in Tinderin but it works amazingly well for mobs in Nordr and Shuyal maps. I soloed Overgrowth on Warrior last season while testing this.

You can go test yourselves. Go to elite Oltgar and take off your pet. Pull the first 3 mobs and alternate smash / axe / cs - they will stay perma-stunned until they die, if your timing is good. This is an excellent way to work out different patterns of skill use, in order to decide which skills work best for which types of mobs. I had a video made of it but my officer and I have been too busy to publish it.

I hope that was substantial enough for you.

baklolz
05-12-2014, 10:40 AM
I'll stick to wat i posted.. Elite tanking is tough.. But wid d right skills it can be made easier..

And when u refer to old posts please check the date too .. The glitch existed.. I reported it.. Is tht bad?

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Explanation

I said I have several skill setups and effective strategies for playing Warrior. Only you can avoid one-hits. That is not a build issue, it is a matter of knowing your bosses well, and timing your skills properly. As someone else said, the only time a warrior should be one-hit is when his timing is off.

EDIT to add: The timings I am referring to are detailed by Maarkus in his post at the top of the page. He is one of the finest warriors that I have had the pleasure to run with, besides Ravagerx of course. Mstjj is one of the best in the game as well. There's a few others, but no more than half a dozen that I would consider amazing.

You don't need to be amazing to survive though, just pay attention. I just ran troll, spider, algeron and rendtail elites on a level 40 legendary warrior with valkin. I got one-hit once on the troll when I missed a timing by 1/4 second, but that was all. There was no pet spamming involved. I had 2 rogues and a mage with me.

My current build includes

Venge, horn, smash, cs and axe. Smash and cs for mobs, axe and cs for bosses.

The double feeble + stun + taunt keeps the bosses in line and prevents most crits. Warrior skills can also stun a large percentage of mobs for 8 seconds at a time. Since they don't have stun immunity, a warrior can effectively perma-stun them. Not so much in Tinderin but it works amazingly well for mobs in Nordr and Shuyal maps. I soloed Overgrowth on Warrior last season while testing this.

You can go test yourselves. Go to elite Oltgar and take off your pet. Pull the first 3 mobs and alternate smash / axe / cs - they will stay perma-stunned until they die, if your timing is good. This is an excellent way to work out different patterns of skill use, in order to decide which skills work best for which types of mobs. I had a video made of it but my officer and I have been too busy to publish it.

I hope that was substantial enough for you.

No jugg? Its a good emergency skill IMO, not always needed but when you need it there is no replacement.

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Ravenous seems due hard in a "spec" though that won't be enough, there is a discussion thread in the warrior section on lvl41 PvE specs.

Here is the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?150517-Current-Spec-After-Free-Respec-Testing

Remiem
05-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm going to go ahead and close this one down before it gets any more out of hand.