PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Ring too OP?

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 08:01 PM
I can already smell people that are gonna be like "incoming nerf this nerf that threads" but this is a serious issue for legendary people (maybe even mythic people). Anyways back on topic, Arcane Ring is so OP, it kinda reminds me like that "One Ring" from LOTR. It grants insane power over all rings (you don't say?) and on top of that, these ring users have Samael which all of you know, is a pet that stuns often (including auto attacks) so it's kinda like pointless for people with legendaries/mythics without Samael to even try, why? Stun + One Ring = stronger than any mythic user (at least, if you know how to use the ring). Legendaries can't even rely on luck/crit to beat them because it's not gonna do anything if they do crit. Max crit for a legendary rogue is what 3K? Then when we do one combo, the ring user will use Samael and then KO us. What's that? I can sense people saying,"go get your mythics bro" Well mythics won't do crap to these ring users. Although it's just one rarity level ahead of mythics, it feels like it's 2-3 rarity levels ahead. Please consider the people that don't pay money and don't have much time to be farmin their butts off for 1 piece of armor that still is crippled by the ring. Today I had to use CRAWLY (super op op op op op op op legendary pet if it's used at corners) to beat an arcane ring user and I almost died. I don't like having to rely on hiding + noob pet to kill these people then be branded as "Noob Hider".

Edit: I can smell another thing, Kei will come and say Lol@Pvp in bold..

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 08:17 PM
It should not dramatize, even if the ring is op it s possible to beat the users normal way (I'm talking 1v1). It s hard but possible.

A exemple i have kill Zeus with a gear : mythic Armor, helm, mythic ring, mythic amulet, expedition bow of potency 41 and glacian pet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/yha7uhyj.jpg

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 08:18 PM
It should not dramatize, even if the ring is op it is possible to beat the users normal way (I'm talking 1v1). It s a hard but possible.

A exemple i have kill Zeus with a gear : mythic Armor, helm, mythic ring, mythic amulet, expedition bow of potency 41 and glacian pet.

Try Lia, she's pretty damn hard..And I guess mythic is possible but legendary is just no.

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Try Lia, she's pretty damn hard..And I guess mythic is possible but legendary is just no.

do not confuse a user arcane ring and someone who has arcane ring and skill...but I agree, a legendary has no chance

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 08:24 PM
do not confuse a user arcane ring and someone who has arcane ring and skill...but I agree, a legendary has no chance

Lia does have skill, she can hammer Alhunoob (which I can't). Plus, Arcane Ring is still really strong on a novice..

Serancha
05-11-2014, 08:30 PM
It's not even the non-plat users. 98% of the players I know, including plat users, can't even come close to affording it. Most of us don't have thousands of real dollars lying around to gamble on crates.

I believe it is good to reward your big investors in some special and unique way. We saw that STS recently did this in a surprise vanity giveaway to a select handful, ostensibly by giving a prize to everyone who entered a certain contest, rather than just the winner. The judges were rewarded the same way. However, to my understanding, everyone involved was known to be good customers of theirs, so something like that is their perogative and not an issue since it does not affect anyone else's gameplay.

If you're going to reward a select group of people for spending, do it that way, and do it openly. But making a game-affecting item for them (nobody can say this wasn't made for the extreme spenders) that is this immensely OP, takes away from everyone else's ability to enjoy the game. This was probably an unforseen result of a nice idea, but should definitely be looked at.

There are a lot of people who spend money in the game, that are feeling the same way as Xeno. Just as rewarding loyalty is important, so is keeping your customer pool happy by making a product that will continue to attract people. Without that, there's no reason for the high rollers to keep rollin. Giving them all godlike abilities just drives off the masses who are really the ones who make up what the game is.

Instanthumor
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
It should not dramatize, even if the ring is op it s possible to beat the users normal way (I'm talking 1v1). It s hard but possible.

This tells me nothing. Rogue vs rogue tells me nothing. Whoever crit most, wins right?

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 08:43 PM
This tells me nothing. Rogue vs rogue tells me nothing. Whoever crit most, wins right?

Umh yes but i have kill a arcane ring/staff mage too dont remember the name

Instanthumor
05-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Umh yes but i have kill a arcane ring/staff mage too dont remember the name

Cheap shots don't count.

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Cheap shots don't count.

In any case this ring remains so op .. unfortunately so if I kill an Arcane Ring user ... I would put it on pure luck...

(mean 1v1)

Zeus
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM

I geared down my pet (matched yours) to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.

Xeno is slightly exaggerating though. Yes, a legendary rogue user stands no chance. That is a sign for him to go farm and get your mythic gears. You are fighting a rarity that is two level rarities above you so what did you expect the outcome would be? However, a traditional full mythic + samael user does stand a chance. He just has to make sure he crits, which in a rogue vs rogue is not that hard. Damage is so high this cap, it does not matter all that much if you're a ring or non-ring (but full mythic) user. The ring only gives you a higher chance to one hit, but the possibility to do the same with full mythics is not that much less.

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 08:54 PM
I geared down my pet to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.

Oh ! I know just know :/ so normaly if i fight u full gear/pet i have no chance...

Zeus
05-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Oh ! I know just know :/ so normaly if i fight u full gear/pet i have no chance...

No, you do. I edited my post, read it. :)

Archerios
05-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Yep its OP.No doubt bout it.

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 09:00 PM
It's not even the non-plat users. 98% of the players I know, including plat users, can't even come close to affording it. Most of us don't have thousands of real dollars lying around to gamble on crates.

I believe it is good to reward your big investors in some special and unique way. We saw that STS recently did this in a surprise vanity giveaway to a select handful, ostensibly by giving a prize to everyone who entered a certain contest, rather than just the winner. The judges were rewarded the same way. However, to my understanding, everyone involved was known to be good customers of theirs, so something like that is their perogative and not an issue since it does not affect anyone else's gameplay.

If you're going to reward a select group of people for spending, do it that way, and do it openly. But making a game-affecting item for them (nobody can say this wasn't made for the extreme spenders) that is this immensely OP, takes away from everyone else's ability to enjoy the game. This was probably an unforseen result of a nice idea, but should definitely be looked at.

There are a lot of people who spend money in the game, that are feeling the same way as Xeno. Just as rewarding loyalty is important, so is keeping your customer pool happy by making a product that will continue to attract people. Without that, there's no reason for the high rollers to keep rollin. Giving them all godlike abilities just drives off the masses who are really the ones who make up what the game is.

Well just right now some mythic people demonstrated to me how Arcane Rings aren't a requirement on killing Legendary rogues but back on topic. Just like you said, I'm quite sure that this Arcane Ring PvP OPness wasn't purposely done. And coming up next is a new set of mythics which will completely blow me away. I'm not sure if I'll even have a chance considering that I struggle defeating dagger rogues..and the mythic is a bow.. Perfect for the unskilled rogues to play pvp.

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 09:01 PM
No, you do. I edited my post, read it. :)

Yeah it s true ><" cause rogue vs rogue is "i win if i crit". But if i fight a war i cant win, maybe the mage too or pure luck.

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 09:02 PM
I geared down my pet (matched yours) to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.

Xeno is slightly exaggerating though. Yes, a legendary rogue user stands no chance. That is a sign for him to go farm and get your mythic gears. You are fighting a rarity that is two level rarities above you so what did you expect the outcome would be? However, a traditional full mythic + samael user does stand a chance. He just has to make sure he crits, which in a rogue vs rogue is not that hard. Damage is so high this cap, it does not matter all that much if you're a ring or non-ring (but full mythic) user. The ring only gives you a higher chance to one hit, but the possibility to do the same with full mythics is not that much less.

Ok so I move up a league in rarity levels. Arcane Rings are still gonna rip me apart with Samael or a stun pet. Plus, those other people using legendary gear probably won't even bother trying to fight thus (I think) leading to them blocking in clashes when they recognize your name.

Alhuntrazeck
05-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Lia does have skill, she can hammer Alhunoob (which I can't). Plus, Arcane Ring is still really strong on a novice..

Lia is very good, so is Zeus - there are arcane ring users I've killed though, just saying it isn't impossible but it is pretty damn hard especially for a non-mythic :/

I agree with instant, rogue vs rogue fights are all about who crits most and/or lands the first combo. Zeus plays with mythic daggers, so you get to start with charged bow stun, right? That should make all the difference.

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Lia is very good, so is Zeus - there are arcane ring users I've killed though, just saying it isn't impossible but it is pretty damn hard especially for a non-mythic :/

I agree with instant, rogue vs rogue fights are all about who crits most and/or lands the first combo. Zeus plays with mythic daggers, so you get to start with charged bow stun, right? That should make all the difference.

In exchange for a kick-*** proc and it's weird, the daggers make it so that every aimed shot is critting so still I'm gonna be dead meat. (Serious, I haven't seen a decked out mythic rogue NOT crit with daggs).

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 09:07 PM

I'll try her mage :P

Sorry lia

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I'll try her mage :P

Sorry lia

I kid you not, Lia is good with both of her toons.

Ihateppl
05-11-2014, 09:09 PM
so the post of this thread was to get people to ask for "free arcane rings for everyone"

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I kid you not, Lia is good with both of her toons.

I've known lia (spell, blackymagic, milk, etc.) since season 4... I know. I also know I beat her mage with an arcane ring at level 40. Although, she kicked my asprin when she used Singe instead of Samael. It just came down to if she crit lightning she won, buy if she didn't I won.

Eyrika
05-11-2014, 09:12 PM
so the post of this thread was to get people to ask for "free arcane rings for everyone"

No, this thread is not for say that. But for say : "Nerf the ring"

Xenobiotic
05-11-2014, 09:14 PM

No intention of that here. If you're trying to troll, please leave. I'm trying to keep this thread troll/flame/free.

Roberto077
05-11-2014, 09:18 PM

That's still like 15m worth of gear, maybe 10 (idk the prices too well)

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 09:33 PM
That's still like 15m worth of gear, maybe 10 (idk the prices too well)

Ad opposed to Zeus' 100+ mil

Sheener
05-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I brlieve that the best gear (arcane) should be the best obv but it shouldnt be leagues above other gear. I keep getting better and better gear lol and every time I am getting worse and worse because everyone else gets the gear faster than me lol

Morholt
05-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I think the problem is how sts has handled the development of rings. It's much different from weapons/helms/armors.

It's simple with the other 3...a mythic item is roughly the same as a legendary item is 5 levels ahead of it. Same with arcanes...the stats are similar to a legendary 10 lvls ahead of it.

But rings? Nope. Not so simple. Starting at around...lvl 20 rings have the +damage and such capped (+3.0). And then you're left with only two other modifiers for the ring.
The mythic and arcane ring DON'T follow the patterns of mythic & arcane gear. If the mythic ring did, it would just have the same stats as a lvl 35 ring. But it doesn't...in fact, it's still better than all the lvl 41 rings! That's no mythic pattern...the ring follows the pattern of an arcane item.

...and now we have a ring that actually has arcane rarity? Oh, goodness...just how many seasons is this going to be better than any legendary ring? Better until the 61 cap?

It's time for the legendary rings to be packing some more power. Let the lvl 41 rings have 3.5-4.0 damage. Have an additional modifier to them. Something. Fix them.

Because the legendary rings are broken, the "how can we outdo ourselves" arcane ring is absurdly overpowered. More overpowered than hooks seemed at 26, as hooks had their proper lifetime. The arcane ring, much like the mythic ring, is going to outmatch any other ring for much longer than it is supposed to.

Zylx
05-11-2014, 10:01 PM
As a legendary-user, i understand that mythic/arcanes should be better than legendaries. I don't think the arcane ring should be nerfed until it becomes as saturated as the other arcane items (too many OP players kinda sets off a little too much ego/smugness). The game needs OP things to keep it interesting. To keep the hard-working farmers separated from the lazy chatterbugs (like me lol).

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 10:11 PM

Froxanthar
05-11-2014, 10:11 PM
As a Warrior, the only class that are using Arcane Ring and that I have a chance to kill is a Mage. Rogue? Probably if he's not that talented.

Back to the topic. Yeah Arcane Ring is a little OP.

Madnex
05-11-2014, 11:07 PM
The arcane ring is not OP. The difference is this large because of the enormous gap between a lvl31 mythic ring to a lvl41 arcane one - let's count together.

Mythic - top for two seasons (including its release season). So lvl31 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl36.
Arcane - top for three seasons (including its release season). So lvl41 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl51.

So is Rendtail's ring overpowered more than its arcane rarity suggests? No.
Is the PvP part of the game pay2win? Hell yeah.

Crowsfoot
05-11-2014, 11:09 PM
The arcane ring is not OP. The difference is this large because of the enormous gap between a lvl31 mythic ring to a lvl41 arcane one - let's count together.

Mythic - top for two seasons (including its release season). So lvl31 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl36.
Arcane - top for three seasons (including its release season). So lvl41 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl51.

Weak, Dora counts in Spanish.

Joke aside, this sums up why the arcane ring is on base.

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Yeah it is OP.
Its still possible to beat a mage with sam, arcane staff, arcane ring and mythics whether he is skilled or not.
If it is a blade rogue you need a Samael, some darn good skills, Exceptional gems and a perfect fight. If the rogues uses a bow then just forget it.
If its a war just forget it.

This is from a mythic set | mythic amulet | Magmatic claymore | emberglow ring | Grimm | war user. The more mythics and arcanes you have the better your odds are. Samael, Slag, Grimm(?) Are the best.

Sceazikua
05-12-2014, 12:27 AM
legendary vs arcane? 1k vs 100m?
Arcanes were suposed to be OP (not applied for kershal though), werent it?

Bless
05-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Damage and armor/hp levels are unbalanced at endgame. They are not at an equal ratio and therefore, the damage seems OP. It's equal to all the other arcanes, except we are wearing old gear.

Spell
05-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Yeah it is OP.
Its still possible to beat a mage with sam, arcane staff, arcane ring and mythics whether he is skilled or not.
If it is a blade rogue you need a Samael, some darn good skills, Exceptional gems and a perfect fight. If the rogues uses a bow then just forget it.
If its a war just forget it.

This is from a mythic set | mythic amulet | Magmatic claymore | emberglow ring | Grimm | war user. The more mythics and arcanes you have the better your odds are. Samael, Slag, Grimm(?) Are the best.

Us smurfs are still struggling to kill warriors using magmatic T.T we are even squishy with arcane ring.
But if found that we use the new magma armor,I think I use magma of security?,I'm get much better results vs a warrior.I wish gale didn't put +25%speed with the "WOOOOOOOSH" upgrade.I would love to use the 50% armor with the speed boost but without the sling shot =p almost 2k armor + speed would be nice to use(I just really dislike the sling shot )

Spell
05-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Freelancer that crawly was getting annoying lol

utpal
05-12-2014, 12:36 AM
arcane ring should be OP as it cost 100mil+.
also this is lvl41 arcane.
u r saying as if when u enter u only see a group full of arcane ring users everytime.

those that are using arcane ring has spent lot dollars and those arcane rings users tht are skilled has spent alot of time+dollars.

its fair i say.

Kreasadriii
05-12-2014, 12:48 AM
In any case this ring remains so op .. unfortunately so if I kill an Arcane Ring user ... I would put it on pure luck...

(mean 1v1)

Not only luck, but skills at duel :p
Rogue is all about where you move and timing your aimed shot right hihhi

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Not only luck, but skills at duel :p
Rogue is all about where you move and timing your aimed shot right hihhi

And pray you crit... (LUCK)

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 01:22 AM
arcane ring should be OP as it cost 100mil+.
also this is lvl41 arcane.
u r saying as if when u enter u only see a group full of arcane ring users everytime.

those that are using arcane ring has spent lot dollars and those arcane rings users tht are skilled has spent alot of time+dollars.

its fair i say.
The price of the arcane ring has nothing to do with its OP.
The price of the arcane ring was manipulated and we are probably paying way more than we should :/

Haligali
05-12-2014, 01:28 AM

I think this whole "mythic top for 2 seasons, arcane top for 3" is messed up with upgrades and release of new mythics. Some Lvl26-31 mythics still top(helm, armor, amulet) but lvl26 arcane hooks outdated at lvl31, mythic lvl31 warrior and lvl36 mage weapon was never top due to their arcane counterparts. Etc.

Endkey
05-12-2014, 03:46 AM
I'll be honest. People with no skill and arcane ring can be killed for sure. Pros like Parf with arcane ring cannot be killed (unless you crit 4k :p). Ring costs 100m approx right now..and i think anyone who buys it at that price deserves to have "some" advantage. Decreasing crit would be better than nerfing the ring. Without the crit, ring user will only hit like 2-2.5k, which is managable if u pack fast.
Rogue vs Rogue is really no skill at all. The person who crits and uses the combo wins. The match starts and the rogues pack. 3 on both sides. and BAM!, the match ends. Still 3 Packs on both sides....wtf is this? really not a skill match..but a gear match.

UndeadJudge
05-12-2014, 06:09 AM
I just got 1 shot killed by an arcane ring and you all have the nerve to say it's not op...4k crits will 1 shot any full myth rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amirfk12
05-12-2014, 07:33 AM
its true. its often very OP, but i took down an arcane ring rogue the other day more than 10 times, dying only once or twice myself. I'm a mythic rogue, with legendary bow and no arcane pet.

the ring on a tank (or on a rogue using it well) is ridiculous though.

Sceazikua
05-12-2014, 07:43 AM
May I ask what is so wrong with it being OP? like I always said before, arcanes were suposed to be OP. Only item people dont think is OP is kershal scepter. Dont bring hooks here because it was OP for its level, and now its OP for twink.
And pls tell me why are you guys complaining? To make it nerfed so legendary user (AKA 1k gold user) can kill arcane user (AKA 100m> gold user) who also had other maxed out items? Dont you think its kinda ridiculous?
this thread is crap tbh.

notfaded1
05-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Parth and Sceazikua are CORRECT... for something as hard as this is to obtain... it had better be OP plain and simple and yes that means very few will have it and that means everyone isn't going to be running around with one.

The ring is exactly the way it should be period. This post is ridiculous like Sceaz said. Just like in life there will always be the haves and have not's and the have not's are always going to want what the haves have ;^}

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:30 AM
At the end if the day, it us still an arcane item. There will be just as many mauls/kershals as rings come the end of the season.

Bless
05-12-2014, 10:46 AM
I just got 1 shot killed by an arcane ring and you all have the nerve to say it's not op...4k crits will 1 shot any full myth rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk pleurer kid, pleurer

Pedgon
05-12-2014, 10:50 AM

I understand your point of view and agree...but the truth is that, for now, arcane ring users have big advantage, maybe new mythic weapons will change all this..i hope so! But on level 51, probably, everyone here will say arcane ring isnt that OP...

Pedgon
05-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Us smurfs are still struggling to kill warriors using magmatic T.T we are even squishy with arcane ring.
But if found that we use the new magma armor,I think I use magma of security?,I'm get much better results vs a warrior.I wish gale didn't put +25%speed with the "WOOOOOOOSH" upgrade.I would love to use the 50% armor with the speed boost but without the sling shot =p almost 2k armor + speed would be nice to use(I just really dislike the sling shot )

..yes bro, when warrior uses jugger, even using magmatic and no arcane items or pets, its impossible for mage to kill him (even with mage using sam and all top gear including arcane ring)..your shield disappears and we still have jugg on and horn waiting..not balanced at all! =/

GoodSyntax
05-12-2014, 10:56 AM
The simple truth is that in 1v1, gear generally outclasses skill. However, in a group clash, skill often determines the winner. Yeah, I know all the Samaels and Maulers seem OP, but they can be beaten by good team.

The Ring is OP - I can't deny that, but is it so OP that in a group clash, they can't be killed? No. However, if you have a Legendary team facing Arcane/Mythics, well, that probably won't end well.

What nobody wants to say is that, as important as skill may be, gear provides the advantage. Gear is what makes a noob a genuine threat in PvP. Gear makes a very skilled player seem invincible. I've killed plenty of Ring noobs by using terrain, other players and stuns to win. Annoying tactics like shielding with Truell in TDM can give you exactly the advantage you need to level the playing field, but only if you know how to do it. You simply can't say 3, 2, 1, go and expect to win.

Actually, my biggest issue is that the current crop of Legendary gear is so pitiful (for Rogues and Sorcs especially), that Legendary gear from several seasons ago are still so much better! I was trying to figure out what the best blend of offensive and defensive gear was for running elite, and I kept coming back to upgraded Mythics, Fangmaster Ring of Warfare (though I admit I also use an Archon of Potency lv41 most of the time) and Tarlok Heart of Potency. This means that the best amulet is an event item from last season, a ring from Kraken, and upgraded Mythics from the Nordr expansion. Right now, the best bow is a junk crate bow (Expedition Recurve of Potency). So, why is it that this seasons gear is so useless? Why is it that even if I have a considerable amount of gold available to invest, I'm still looking at gear one, two or three seasons old?

Sure, gear staggering may be to blame, but gear progression should imply that this seasons elite legendary items should be better than something from one or two seasons ago. The problem, in truth, is that current Legendaries are not scaling well. And, if the elite legendaries aren't competitive, then what value does it have in auction? This means that it is more fruitful to farm locked crates than it is to run elites to generate income, and THAT is a pitiful realization.

Pedgon
05-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Guys, just think when maul came out on level 31..imo was way more OP for warriors, than arcane ring is nowadays! Just a matter of time, till new mythics come..

falmear
05-12-2014, 11:33 AM
The problem is how the equipment has been staggered this season and how this itemization is working. Arcane is only good relative to other equipment. Right now we are all using the same gear for more or less 8-9 months. The complaint isn't that the Arcane ring is too OP, but how itemization is being implemented.

iluminatic
05-12-2014, 11:54 AM
I honestly don't know why you crying every one knows what the hell game is arcane legends yes pay to win so pay or play for free without cry or leave like the recension SAY :p

I really feel bad for the people playing
spacetime games. The company is basically one
of the worst out there, can't even see why
people give them awards. The games are far
from being free, which is fine as a game
developer has to earn money like any other
worker. However their games not only are fully
centered on milking money from the player, but
there's also a completely unexistant care for the
playerbase, as they make new games every year
literally abandoning the previous ones. A game
like pocket legends that is supposed to be a
"mmo" has had its development dropped after
not even 3 years, that's a joke for someone who
supposedly makes mmo, and an insult to all the
people who invested in the game buying loads
of platinum. Of course AL will have same faith,
and all the company does is censoring their own
forums to avoid complaints. Stay away from
them, there's way better gaming companies
with better mmos out there.

Pedgon
05-12-2014, 12:00 PM
The problem is how the equipment has been staggered this season and how this itemization is working. Arcane is only good relative to other equipment. Right now we are all using the same gear for more or less 8-9 months. The complaint isn't that the Arcane ring is too OP, but how itemization is being implemented.

Exactly!

Allocate
05-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Humans are competitive and "sore" losers.

This is an MMORPG type of game where STATS win with a little bit of "SKILL" (not really skill, it's just timing and order of attacks with a simple push of five buttons; there is no technical execution) and you want to "cry" because an "Arcane" ring owns you for free? Yes, stats don't always win, you need a little bit of strategy but the only time players win against "top geared" players is because they are terrible at the game and don't know what they are doing. However, you fight against a player who knows what they are doing just like yourself and wears "top gear", you will get "farmed".

There are games that provide a "true" way to compete against other players where "skill" (your own execution, strategy and knowledge) win, not the gear you wear e.g. beat em' ups, first person shooters, real time strategy and racing games (there are more but to list the top four).

People who "whine" about PVP on an "MMORPG" I believe, are really terrible at technical execution, lack "skill" and this type of game is suited for them because, what is so hard about mashing some buttons to kill mobs, level up, become stronger and over time obtain "better" gear to kill less geared players? Oh, so much skill...look at me pushing/holding down buttons, ohh whoopee I leveled up, looted *name strong gear*, mash buttons, killed noobs, feels so awesome! I'm Pro!

If the problem is you play this "type" of game and are one of those "players", then stop crying because this is an MMO and competing/winning in this "game" requires the best "stats". So "play" the game and obtain the "best" gear; go buy platinum, open locks, speed up crafting; get grand gems, use elixirs, use pet stun etc. Do everything you can to win and if you don't or refuse to, then shut your mouth, get farmed and keep crying.

As for Parf /Zeus getting owned, well it just shows him winning is "solely" reliant on "stats" not on "skill". Perhaps the ring has made him lazy or it is so powerful that "skill" is not required to win at all; like he has 999999 life/damage and all he has to do to win is push one button. All these threads about PVP and gear is pointless. If you are one of those "players", you are delusional, this game does not provide "true" PVP, it's an MMORPG.

Zeus
05-12-2014, 12:30 PM

This is an MMORPG type of game where STATS win with a little bit of "SKILL" (not really skill, it's just timing and order of attacks with a simple push of five buttons; there is no technical execution) and you want to "cry" because an "Arcane" ring owns you for free? Yes, stats don't always win, you need a little bit of strategy but the only time players win against "top geared" players is because they are terrible at the game and don't know what they are doing. However, you fight against a player who knows what they are doing just like yourself and wears "top gear", you will get "farmed".

There are games that provide a "true" way to compete against other players where "skill" (your own execution, strategy and knowledge) win, not the gear you wear e.g. beat em' ups, first person shooters, real time strategy and racing games (there are more but to list the top four).

People who "whine" about PVP on an "MMORPG" I believe, are really terrible at technical execution, lack "skill" and this type of game is suited for them because, what is so hard about mashing some buttons to kill mobs, level up, become stronger and over time obtain "better" gear to kill less geared players? Oh, so much skill...look at me pushing/holding down buttons, ohh whoopee I leveled up, looted *name strong gear*, mash buttons, killed noobs, feels so awesome! I'm Pro!

If the problem is you play this "type" of game and are one of those "players", then stop crying because this is an MMO and competing/winning in this "game" requires the best "stats". So "play" the game and obtain the "best" gear; go buy platinum, open locks, speed up crafting; get grand gems, use elixirs, use pet stun etc. Do everything you can to win and if you don't or refuse to, then shut your mouth, get farmed and keep crying.

As for Parf /Zeus getting owned, well it just shows him winning is "solely" reliant on "stats" not on "skill". Perhaps the ring has made him lazy or it is so powerful that "skill" is not required to win at all; like he has 999999 life/damage and all he has to do to win is push one button All these threads about PVP and gear is pointless. If you are one of those "players", you are delusional, this game does not provide "true" PVP, it's an MMORPG.

Whoa whoa whoa, owned? Sorry, he killed me once. He can tell you the outcome of those matches when I matched his gear. However, you are right about one thing. Being overly geared does make you lazy and forget strategies. Against a lot of tanks, I can break their juggernaut if I employ lazy man's strategy. Why do that instead of the correct method? The correct method requires more time for the kill.

On the other hand, when matched up against equals in terms of gear, that is when PvP becomes fun. Then, it is not a battle of gears but a battle of strategy which is why I really enjoy guild clashes. Have you checked out my YouTube channel?

UndeadJudge
05-12-2014, 01:54 PM
pleurer kid, pleurer

Of course you will find my post and say that.

Btw it's not even grammatically correct lol..

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:22 PM

I was using a Magmatic Claymore of Will @_@

I don't know if the arcane ring is OP, but mages need a buff.

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 10:30 PM

Try me later. I'll try to borrow gear for you ;)

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:35 PM
I wasn't looking to start a 1v1 war...

But, I'll accept none the less. Are you talking about using your mage or warrior?

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 10:36 PM
I wasn't looking to start a 1v1 war...

But, I'll accept none the less. Are you talking about using your mage or warrior?

Not a 1v1 war! My mage vs your warrior, it'll be interesting. I promise you!

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Not a 1v1 war! My mage vs your warrior, it'll be interesting. I promise you!
You in game right now?

I need to make a stupid war raid in CoC and then I will be on (5-10min)

Sceazikua
05-12-2014, 11:25 PM
can you guys record it? ;)

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 12:05 AM
I wanna try you too lets see if you can really beat wars like you always say :-/

Instanthumor
05-13-2014, 12:08 AM
I wanna try you too lets see if you can really beat wars like you always say :-/

Lol ^ I'm just bragging. Totally.

Froxanthar
05-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Record it please.

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Mages have zero chance except the war fails skills or mistake swap or is noticeable undergeared.
When the new myths kick it will be the turn of wars against rogues.

Why not the same with mages? Cause mages suck so bad you can even out tank a full geared with sam arcane ring mage with 3heals and axe throw.

True sad story.

Jig
05-13-2014, 12:55 AM
It's 80+m for a reason guys. Not 40m not 30, not 20, but (80-100)

Endkey
05-13-2014, 01:49 AM

Which specie are you then Lol?

Alhuntrazeck
05-13-2014, 04:52 AM
Mages have zero chance except the war fails skills or mistake swap or is noticeable undergeared.
When the new myths kick it will be the turn of wars against rogues.

Why not the same with mages? Cause mages suck so bad you can even out tank a full geared with sam arcane ring mage with 3heals and axe throw.

True sad story.

Lol I just watched con kick your butt just saying :D

Still, hes one of the best mages in AL (and one of my role models)

baddiva
05-13-2014, 05:27 AM
If it aint OP, it won't be arcane...

Xenobiotic
05-13-2014, 06:43 AM

Maliath (no offense) barely joined pvp so he is inexperienced and on top of that Con is an arcane mage with whim. Con should fight Zeferrari, he's a decent tank.

Xenobiotic
05-13-2014, 06:47 AM

As for Parf /Zeus getting owned, well it just shows him winning is "solely" reliant on "stats" not on "skill". Perhaps the ring has made him lazy or it is so powerful that "skill" is not required to win at all; like he has 999999 life/damage and all he has to do to win is push one button. All these threads about PVP and gear is pointless. If you are one of those "players", you are delusional, this game does not provide "true" PVP, it's an MMORPG.

Your lack of endgame experience..it stings.

Joncheese
05-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Its not that its OP, as many have said its that everyone elses gear is so dated.

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

And for the record Parf along with Preddy, CTF, Bless, Lia and (as i understand it, as i have not fought him) Freelancer ARE some of the most skilled rogues at 1v1. I think you may jump to conclusions too quickly.

Mages very rarely win against warriors.... if they are even half skilled then its a no no. If they save jug for when the mage shield is down then its goodnight sweet prince.

Deadroth
05-13-2014, 07:03 AM

Agree...

Crowsfoot
05-13-2014, 07:04 AM
Mages very rarely win against warriors.... if they are even half skilled then its a no no. If they save jug for when the mage shield is down then its goodnight sweet prince.
Yeah....about that. I didn't even cast jugg...

Sorry, lia

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 09:59 AM

Lol that is because i am probably the worst swapper ingame. Anyway if you stayed till end you probably also saw how it ended.
He will never beat me again except he changes fighting style :)

Crowsfoot
05-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Lol that is because i am probably the worst swapper ingame. Anyway if you stayed till end you probably also saw how it ended.

Most mages don't require skill swapping.

Edit: the difference between beginners and "pros" is skill management.

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Most mages don't require skill swapping.

Edit: the difference between beginners and "pros" is skill management.

Thanks for the info man i didnt know. :)

Pedgon
05-13-2014, 12:36 PM

swap to kill mages?? lol like Crowsfoot said.."the difference between beginners and "pros.."

Nicecrime
05-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Play other pvp lvl.

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 01:00 PM
swap to kill mages?? lol like Crowsfoot said.."the difference between beginners and "pros.."
Never said i was a pro i am still learning but if you think you are a pro pm ingame so you teach me :)

Ign: Maliath.

Endkey
05-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Never said i was a pro i am still learning but if you think you are a pro pm ingame so you teach me :)

Ign: Maliath.

i wanted to see you in pvp..but alas...cudnt...we cudhave had some awesome 1v1s...:)

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 01:24 PM
i wanted to see you in pvp..but alas...cudnt...we cudhave had some awesome 1v1s...:)

1vs1 are the best .
I learn a lot just through that. For example yesterday night i took some lessons from Parth. He killed me like 20 times if not more :/ but now i can beat him if he doesn't use Samael and gears down to mythic ring.

Zeus
05-13-2014, 01:42 PM
1vs1 are the best .
I learn a lot just through that. For example yesterday night i took some lessons from Parth. He killed me like 20 times if not more :/ but now i can beat him if he doesn't use Samael and gears down to mythic ring.

Mana is a rogue's staple, hehe. :3

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Mana is a rogue's staple, hehe. :3

Darn Sam.

Instanthumor
05-13-2014, 02:26 PM
1vs1 are the best .

1v1's are the best. It's probably what I enjoy the most in-game. Can't wait for a 1v1 arena!

Endkey
05-13-2014, 03:05 PM
hope to get back in AL soon..then i challenge all of you to a 1v1 battle..with cheap gear ofcourse..will be fun

Xyzther
05-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Pvp...

Xenobiotic
05-14-2014, 06:09 AM
hope to get back in AL soon..then i challenge all of you to a 1v1 battle..with cheap gear ofcourse..will be fun

:) Looking forward to that.

Alhuntrazeck
05-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Heh

Enzo really building up the suspense, what with the sig and the very obvious hints...

Do you read Rick Riordan? Younger brother does and I've caught on to the hype...well, that there is a master of cliffhangers, you remind me of him :p

Cero
05-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Yes, Arcane Ring is OP(OverPriced).

VenomsChaos
05-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Arcane ring not OP.

but there have a problem =
We still dont have a lvl 41 mythic ring ... thats the only problem

if StS make a mythic ring 1 week later than Arcane ring , there is nothing wrong... But they didnt :) at the end arcane ring OP only because there not have a lvl 41 mythic ring...

Xenobiotic
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Arcane ring not OP.

but there have a problem =
We still dont have a lvl 41 mythic ring ... thats the only problem

if StS make a mythic ring 1 week later than Arcane ring , there is nothing wrong... But they didnt :) at the end arcane ring OP only because there not have a lvl 41 mythic ring...

That is probably the reason.