PDA

View Full Version : Craftable mythic: Sts feed your horses.

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 06:29 AM
The mythic event i have in mind is something special.

There would be 1 mythic per type event(helm, armor ecc) every X months. The months between each event is left to sts since only them know when the next expansion is coming and it would be a total surprise no insider leaks. "Mythic event!*bam* the tower is accessible again gogo"

You can't craft more than one mythic item.
A mythic item crafted this way IS NOT SELLABLE and THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO CRAFT ONE DURING THE EVENT

This is how the crafting works.

There would be a tower called " The Tower" :/

How To Climb The Tower
:

The tower is formed by 8 rooms on the first 7 rooms there are 7 minibosses while on the 8th there is the main boss. The 8th room is always locked except you have 7 "Keys" lootable from the minibosses in each level. Every key is unique just like the flowers for the Mom's day event. Once you used seven keys to unlock the 8th room they vanish and you start collecting them again.
If your team arrives at the 8th tower and your keys < 7 you are sent back to Lv1.
The towers scale in difficulty the higher you go the harder it gets.
To access the next level you must kill all the mobs. The type of mobs i am talking about are like the ones in WT4, KM, Kraag, Hoards that leave no breathing space. Ones the team pulls a mob aggro there is no way to lose it except they run to the safe room.

Keys
:

Keys are not looted into inventory but are counted in base of the party so if a party composed by A ,B, C, D drop a key they all drop 1, not into their inventory but generally to know the missing keys all they have to do is check their quest info.
Now where is the difficulty?
If you leave the tower you lose all your keys. No dc are allowed. Preparation is fundamental.

The Boss and Minibosses
:

The miniboss only appears on the map when you killed ALL the mobs in the room. Killing a miniboss id the only way to spawn to the next Lv.

How To Upgrade
:

First of all if you want to craft lets say the Lv41 mythic sword n sheild. You must bring X magmatic claymores to a NPC that spawns when you kill the Lord of the tower. The NPCs name is "The Crafter". :/

This just a example:

500k - 1m.
3 magmatic claymores of assault craft you 1 mythic sheild n sword.
Or
5 magmatic claymores of will.
Or
8 magmatic claymore of tactics.
I don't know how prices are right now but the final value ratio must be 1:1:1.

The crafting process has a decent chance of ending up with a big fail. If it is successful in place of your items you get a untradeable mythic sword and sheild if the process fails you keep your items but lose the gold.

When you finish crating you are automatically kicked out of the Tower.

Mythic items crafted this way would have a slightly different colour from the crate ones.

I thought of this event cause i believe most crate openers, the horses that keep the wagon moving will probably get tired and frustrated because of the inhuman odds of locked crates after a long run. This imho would give crate openers a breathing space and make the players happy.
I would for sure be happy.

Good game.

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 07:08 AM
So you want to remove 16 claymores from the market per player who does this?

That won't cause outrageous prices at all

Ishtmeet
05-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Looks like an idea from a different game?

Hoardseeker
05-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Looks like an idea from a different game?

I know I know! I got it :D

Ebezaanec
05-12-2014, 07:41 AM
I would like to know how a magma sword turns into a wooden weapon :p

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 08:05 AM
I know I know! I got it :D

What game is that Hoard?

So you want to remove 16 claymores from the market per player who does this?

That won't cause outrageous prices at all

That is just a example. :/
Generally the crafting process will require loots from the new maps in order to revalue them and high quantity of gold in order to drain a large amount of it out if the economy.

It is or 3 magmatic claymores of assault or 5....or 8....

Anyona
05-12-2014, 09:31 AM
There should be a mythic shard. If you want to craft the warrior item you need the shard which comes from only lockeds, a dragonite bar, a claymore assault and conqueres shield. People will still pop crates.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 09:36 AM
There should a mythic shard. If you want to craft the warrior item you need the shard which comes from only lockeds, a dragonite bar, a claymore assault and conqueres shield. People will still pop crates.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

That's even more complex than the arcane ring.

A simple mythic shard and dragonprice bar (make 75 teeth) and 15 of each essence should suffice (if you are die hard in crafting the weapon).

Fyi: the arcane ring requires a set number of each essences (I believe it is 15 or 25 each), a dragnite bar, the ring recipe, and an arcane shard

---

The shield will undoubtedly be the least popular and thus least expensive. This system will simply cause an inflation of mythic guns and bows.

How special will your weapon be when every player and their mother have a mythic gun?

GoodSyntax
05-12-2014, 09:45 AM
I still like Energizeric's idea about Elite Locked Crates with guaranteed Mythic or Arcane that can only be farmed in a very, very difficult tower style map.

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 09:50 AM
I still like Energizeric's idea about Elite Locked Crates with guaranteed Mythic or Arcane that can only be farmed in a very, very difficult tower style map.

All it would take is a week a certain guilds will be farming the help out of them and flooding the market.

GoodSyntax
05-12-2014, 10:05 AM
All it would take is a week a certain guilds will be farming the help out of them and flooding the market.

Only if the Elite Locked Crate is guaranteed. I don't think it should be.

The drops at the end should be like Bael or Krunch - where you get a guaranteed pink, with the small chance for an Elite Locked. But, the point has to be that this is an insanely difficult map to run with some cool, unique loot; otherwise, it would be too much like Gladiator Arena, which is neither a challenge, nor worth the time and pots since anything that drops there is nearly worthless.

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:10 AM

The drops at the end should be like Bael or Krunch - where you get a guaranteed pink, with the small chance for an Elite Locked. But, the point has to be that this is an insanely difficult map to run with some cool, unique loot; otherwise, it would be too much like Gladiator Arena, which is neither a challenge, nor worth the time and pots since anything that drops there is nearly worthless.

My prefered loot system is that of season 1 where elite chests were untradeable and locks didn't exist. You could buy gear from the plat store to get a start but you truly had to farm elite or convert platinum to straight gold.

Alhuntrazeck
05-12-2014, 10:21 AM

This idea is good.

Anyway, we need something for the real hardcore gamer since the event system will be more for the casual type. I'm thinking 10 rooms, one cleared after another, waves of elite mobs after which a boss will spawn, no revives; if you die you'll have to wait until your team clears the mobs and then a boss spawns; the boss should be damn tough, way harder than Alargan or whatever and if you die you can't respawn and join in the fight; lots of OHKOs too, something really hard. Each boss has a high chance (90%?) of dropping teeth, a low chance to drop elite golden dragonscale chests. After clearing all the maps you reach a MegaBoss who leeches your health and heals himself every hit, as well as gets a shield under 30% HP. Pets will be disabled in this arena.

If you kill the MegaBoss, you have 100% chance of looting something of legendary rarity; the weapons you can loot can be: Magmatic Claymore of Assault, Magmatic Claymore of Will, Magmatic Totem of Brutality, Potency, Magmatic Daggers of Potency & Brutality; the armor are the Magma ones. Archon rings have a low chance to drop. And, perhaps 10% chance to drop, will be Elite Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. They are untradeable and openable without platinum (because what would non-plat players do with untradeable locked crates) - and they have no trash pinks and high chance of looting mythics and low chance of looting arcanes. Also a unique loot could be dropped from the boss, like the Wrath of Bael or Troll Necromatic rings.

The whole arena should take 1h+.

EDIT: The mobs would preferably be of Tindirin mob difficulty, and having the looks of the wt4 mobs.

Hard enough for ya? :p

GoodSyntax
05-12-2014, 10:25 AM
My prefered loot system is that of season 1 where elite chests were untradeable and locks didn't exist. You could buy gear from the plat store to get a start but you truly had to farm elite or convert platinum to straight gold.

I agree, but we both know that if STS returned to this, the rage would be extreme.

Honestly, anything that favors skill over luck is something that I would support. Right now, the entire game seems to be based so heavily on plat expenditure and luck, that all I am seeing lately is wealth and gear being concentrated into a smaller and smaller pool of players. Ultimately, this will destroy the game - we've already seen it happen in Pocket Legends, and I don't want a repeat performance here.

Crowsfoot
05-12-2014, 10:27 AM
I agree, but we both know that if STS returned to this, the rage would be extreme.

Honestly, anything that favors skill over luck is something that I would support. Right now, the entire game seems to be based so heavily on plat expenditure and luck, that all I am seeing lately is wealth and gear being concentrated into a smaller and smaller pool of players. Ultimately, this will destroy the game - we've already seen it happen in Pocket Legends, and I don't want a repeat performance here.

Then why change anything? The system isn't perfect but it is working.

If we change to what you suggest there will be unforeseen repercussions. The system we have isn't perfect but it is functional. If it was as catastrophic as the forums often describe it as, no one would play the game.

GoodSyntax
05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Then why change anything? The system isn't perfect but it is working.

If we change to what you suggest there will be unforeseen repercussions. The system we have isn't perfect but it is functional. If it was as catastrophic as the forums often describe it as, no one would play the game.

Because the only rewards in this game right now come from either hanging in town merching all day, popping crates or farming for locked. None of those things have anything to do with the current season of gameplay - so that means in order to progress in any meaningful way, you have to give up on improving your skills, and learning new elite strategies and either throw money at the game, spend all day buying and selling or grinding KM3/Brackenridge in monotony.

There simply isn't any reward in running elite Rendtail 15 times a day, like there used to be back when Bael was crushing everything in Rooks Nest and Mali eggs, along with all of the elite legendaries were worth a fortune. These days, you run an elite, get lucky and find a helm or armor that reduces your damage by 25, dodge by 5%, mana by 220 and HP by 100.

Anarchist
05-12-2014, 11:30 AM
I am finding some ideas quite intredasting.

Ener idea was quite interesting for me too till i figured out climbing a tower was way more fun in my imagination and if i added the legendary loots as a crafting item i could decrease the numbers of them in the game and increase their value when it falls too low.

I dig his idea out: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281-New-quot-Shadow-Quest-quot

Gensin
05-13-2014, 05:36 AM
yeah, I think the non crate openers should have also chances, not much people have the money to buy plats, $1 = ₱43.75. outrageous..

Bigboyblue
05-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Something like this could be an interesting addition to the game. The weapon crafted has to be worse than crate gear though. Otherwise no one pops locks. It would be a good idea though. Make an item that is craftable that is better than the legendary gear but worse than crate mythics. Also if you have to fight your way to it and it isn't guaranteed it gives players something to do. Prices have already decreased massively for the new legendary gear dropped in elites. Not much else to do now, especially if you don't pvp.

Energizeric
05-13-2014, 07:48 AM
From an economic standpoint this is a very good idea.... you can remove the supply of popular items at the same time as you are building a better item. This would create a shortage of the legendary items, and thus give motivation for other players to farm those items.

Maybe you could find a way to use some of those crate pinks for this sort of thing too, lord knows we have too many of them LOL

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 11:06 AM
From an economic standpoint this is a very good idea.... you can remove the supply of popular items at the same time as you are building a better item. This would create a shortage of the legendary items, and thus give motivation for other players to farm those items.

Maybe you could find a way to use some of those crate pinks for this sort of thing too, lord knows we have too many of them LOL

There, that is what i am talking about!

There wont even be a heavy need for the itemization system if the legendaries where recycled and used to craft the mythic items or somehow costantly swapped from the market.

Energizeric
05-13-2014, 03:56 PM
I think this idea needs it's own thread with a better title...

Energizeric
05-13-2014, 04:37 PM
I simplified your idea, but left the basic economic elements:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?154452-Solution-to-inflation-and-other-economic-issues&p=1637699#post1637699