PDA

View Full Version : <Endure>

MightyMicah
05-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Hey everyone! Thanks for clicking on this thread. Here's a quick outline for you:
I Intro/Background
II The Goal
III The Guidelines
IV Closing

Intro/Background

In case you didn't notice, this is a thread advertising and explaining the new guild that I'm in. For awhile now, me and my friend Honey have been wanting to create a guild. Awhile back we finally did! However, Honey is very busy with real life stuff and has turned the guild completely over to me. (He's still an officer though) Anyways, for the most part I don't usually do guilds. I tried to start a guild a long time ago and I've occasionally been in guilds before, but for most of my PL experience, I don't do guilds. In fact, I don't think I've been actively engaged in a guild for almost two years now.

This is because for the most part, guilds are all the same. They start off well with a few awesome friends of mine and then they continue to grow and a lot of less cool people get into the guild and create drama. Over time the guild either dies, becomes hated, or continues on, but only as a shadow of it's former glory. Often the creators of the guild themselves peace out and join another.

Why is this? For awhile I just assumed that it's the way things go. Now I think I was wrong. I believe that it's because these guilds were formed on weak foundations and lackluster principles. In other words, they weren't built to last. And that's where my guild comes in. With any luck, and some awesome people, I'm creating a guild to last. I'm creating a guild to be different. I'm creating a guild to <Endure> (See what I did there?)

The Goal

So what makes my guild any different than other guilds? First of all the big difference is the goal of my guild. In the past, most guilds do not have a set goal. They simply try to get as big as possible and wreck as many people as possible. Is this a goal that creates a lasting guild? I don't believe so. When you examine guilds like <Unity> or, heck, even <Family> you'll notice that there's one aspect that all the successful guilds share. That aspect is their community.

Simply put, they are all alike each other within their guild. They share common play styles, common attitudes, common skill level, and even common personalities. You could literally pull one person out of the guild and use them as a representation for the entire guild. This may seem like a small observation, but I believe it's massive! It shows that the guild leader had a goal in mind when he created the guild and that he actively recruited those who would fit in perfectly with the guild he was creating.

This is what I plan to do. So, enough beating around the bush. Here are a couple of goals that I have for <Endure>

Goal #1: This guild is going to be a respected guild. In order to be a respected guild, you've got to recruit respectable people, and that is what I plan to do. When people see us, my hope is that they will think something like, "Dude, those guys are cool."

Goal #2: This guild is going to be a likable guild. I would hope that people would know as soon as they see the tag, "<Endure>" that they could ask us any questions and have them answered. That we'd be willing to offer help whenever possible, and just simply be kind to everyone. That is going to be who we are.

Goal #3: We will be a talented guild. If you aren't good at pvp right off the bat, you will learn. If you are, you will get better. We want to be a community of monsters! (Nice ones of course ;))

Goal #4: In a best case scenario setting, we may even be able to change this community for the better! When people see honor, humility, and friendliness, it's contagious. Let's hope we can rub off on others.

Now, the thing about goals is that they cannot merely be carried out just because I want them to be. There has to be rules that are followed strictly. If any of the rules are disobeyed and I find out about it, you'll probably get kicked.

The Guidelines

Yes, it's time for the boring part. The list of rules. You'll notice, however, that none of these rules are too black and white. That's because I'm not trying to make a legalistic kind of guild. I'm just trying to make a guild that fulfills the goals above. (Also, that's why I call them "Guidelines" rather than rules.) Ok, here are the rules/guidelines one by one:

1. Level does not matter, but I'd prefer you are 50-56. That will be the focus level of our guild.

2. Whether you are pve, or pvp, or both does not matter as long as you abide by the rules and share the common goals that I have. Again, though, the focus will be 50-56 pvp.

3. There is no room for ego in this guild. We aren't the lords of pvp. If for some reason you think you are better than someone else because you can press buttons faster, you aren't welcome here. I don't mean to sound harsh, but we are to be respectful and honorable. Ego is neither one.

4. There will be no "farming" in pvp. I understand if someone has teamed you or treated you like dirt. It happens to me too. Feel free to rush the person and stuff, but we will not make the game a living hell for them. That's not who we are.

5. We will be forgiving. Again, I understand getting treated like dirt but our guild will be quick to forgive. There is no room for those who hold grudges.

6. We will be ready and willing to teach others. If new people need help, they should be able to just naturally assume that they can get it from us. This doesn't mean we have to give away our most secret build or anything. It just means that we are always willing to lend a hand.

7. We will not rush recklessly. I can understand rushing noobs for kills, or rushing trash talkers and stuff, but let's keep the reins on it. No senseless drama for us.

8. We will not stoop to low pvp. I don't care what the guy has done to you. Rushing 3 glyphs vs 1 sewer is not cool.

9. Be willing to chill in a small guild. I don't imagine this guild will get very big, but that isn't the goal. Remember?

10. If you're having trouble knowing how to follow these rules, I have a simple test for you: http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/afb41ff7ac1c4dcbed87fa8d8eff0679.jpg

Finally, there will be consequences if you disobey these rules. At first I'll talk with you and give you a warning. However, if the misplaced attitude continues, I'm afraid I'll have to kick you. It won't be anything personal, it's just that you don't belong in this guild.

Closing

Ok, so to close this all off, I'm really excited to be starting this guild! I feel like it has a solid foundation and that it's built to last. I don't imagine we'll be very big but hopefully it will be more than just me and Honey :P

If you're interested in joining, hit me up! If you want to be a part of it, but feel the rules are too hard to follow, still hit me up. I'm not looking for perfect people, but I am looking for those who want to be a part of something more, different, and honorable. If you're willing to give it your best shot, I'm willing to give you second chances. Trust me, I fail some of these rules at times and regret it. It happens.

Peace out, guys!
-MM

Laar
05-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Gl with the guild :)

Elegants
05-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Calm down lul

synfullmagic_23110
05-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Aww so sweeet :3
GL with the gulid MightyM

MightyMicah
05-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys!

Laar
05-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Aww so sweeet :3
GL with the gulid MightyM

<33 don't think I can join in on any alts, I think I gor booted by Honey twice

MightyMicah
05-12-2014, 09:55 AM

That was when he owned the guild. The rules have changed now.

programmed
05-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Good luck man! I'm sure you'll make a great guild! Maybe if I decide to make another 50-56 toon ill join. :)

MightyMicah
05-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Good luck man! I'm sure you'll make a great guild! Maybe if I decide to make another 50-56 toon ill join. :)

Thanks bro! I'd love to have you.

programmed
05-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks bro! I'd love to have you.

I can't guarantee ill be in that lvl range sometime soon but someday for sure :)

MightyMicah
05-12-2014, 11:52 AM
I can't guarantee ill be in that lvl range sometime soon but someday for sure :)

No worries, man! I plan for this guild to endure forever so you got plenty of time if you do join :D

Trenton
05-12-2014, 01:31 PM
No worries, man! I plan for this guild to endure forever so you got plenty of time if you do join :D

Very punny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SillyJuan
05-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Need guild: ign noskillatall (lvl 51)

Laar
05-12-2014, 04:41 PM

That was when he owned the guild. The rules have changed now.
Thanks bro, but I got my own guild to run :)

Caiahar
05-12-2014, 05:13 PM
I am like you, kind of, I usually don't join guilds, I prefer going solo, as I have less hate against haters of guild, and I'm free of what I can do.
When I do join guild, I leave when it starts getting inactive or bad.

I might join the guild, but ill probably leave soon :P
IGN: Caiahar, Glyphz

MightyMicah
05-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Need guild: ign noskillatall (lvl 51)

You'd be welcome to join if you can give your best foot forward, abide but the rules, and treat others the way you want to be treated!

I am like you, kind of, I usually don't join guilds, I prefer going solo, as I have less hate against haters of guild, and I'm free of what I can do.
When I do join guild, I leave when it starts getting inactive or bad.

I might join the guild, but ill probably leave soon :P
IGN: Caiahar, Glyphz

Same to you, man! Even if it's just for a time, you're welcome to pass through. :)

Sheugokin
05-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Cool!

TastyChickens
05-13-2014, 07:12 AM
YAY im in the photo :3

MightyMicah
07-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I think I'm gonna bump this one. We are growing very slowly but quality over quantity, right?

synfullmagic_23110
07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I think I'm gonna bump this one. We are growing very slowly but quality over quantity, right?

I noticed :)

♥️ 3-D Romeo ♥️

Burningdex
07-07-2014, 05:23 PM
micah can my bear join if its solely a non "rushing" char??

PL•ayer
07-07-2014, 06:38 PM
All of Micah's threads are so well written lol

I've been inactive lately though, and I'm sure an idle member will do the guild no good, but if I joined any guild, this would be the one. I'm almost tempted to get more active just to join lol

Btw, how is the guild doing? Hope it's still going strong lol, would be kinda sad if it died after just 3 months.

synfullmagic_23110
07-07-2014, 06:39 PM

Why wouldn't it be able to?

♥️ 3-D Romeo ♥️

Burningdex
07-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Why wouldn't it be able to?

♥️ 3-D Romeo ♥️

he didnt let my rushing bird in for tht reason lol

AppleNoob
07-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Been planning to make a 56 bear or 51 bird but if I do I may try to join

MightyMicah
07-08-2014, 08:51 AM

he didnt let my rushing bird in for tht reason lol

My issue isn't solely with rushing. There is a time and a place for that. My issue is mostly with rule #10. I'm not trying to throw you under the buss, but just being honest when I say I've seen you make pvp a living hell for certain players before. Many times people have come to me asking if I could help them against Burn because every time they join a match Burn kills them.

That being said, if you can prove to me that you're willing to put others above yourself, and treat them how you would want to be treated, then yes, your bear would be welcome. But I don't think stopping your rushing will solve this issue.

MightyMicah
07-08-2014, 08:55 AM
All of Micah's threads are so well written lol

I've been inactive lately though, and I'm sure an idle member will do the guild no good, but if I joined any guild, this would be the one. I'm almost tempted to get more active just to join lol

Btw, how is the guild doing? Hope it's still going strong lol, would be kinda sad if it died after just 3 months.

Thanks, man!

You would be welcome no matter how active you are, man. I, myself, seem to have breaks every now and again for sometimes up to 2 weeks. Mostly I'm just interested in character joining this guild. If you can be respectful, helpful, and abide by rule #10, I would love to have you!

Well, the guild is strong, I'd say. There's only about 5 or 6 of us at the moment, but it seems that my approach has payed off thus far. We don't have any enemies yet, so that may be a factor. I'm hoping that we never will, though.

Burningdex
07-08-2014, 05:28 PM
ok ty micah :3'didnt realise what i was doing

Crashy
07-19-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm interested in joining on my 51s Crashyjr and Performs:)
Which toon can I contact you on?

Ign Crash.

Laar
07-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Micah, you might want to see this.
Don't mind me in chat, I didn't take part in it.

Your guild member, Entertained, was trash talking some random person. This was taken 9 days ago.

programmed
07-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Busted!

MightyMicah
07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Crashy, hit me up on MightyMicah! I'd love to have you join.

Laar, thank you so much! I appreciate the time you put into brining this to my attention. I'll contact him immediately and see if I can sort this out.

Laar
07-19-2014, 04:10 PM

Laar, thank you so much! I appreciate the time you put into brining this to my attention. I'll contact him immediately and see if I can sort this out.
Yeah no problem. I wanted to show you the screenshots earlier, but I forgot until I saw the guild thread.

killinclaw
07-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Mica, your ideas and philosophy are almost identical to my own. I'd like to join once my bear and mage gets to 51. I'll pm you then, gl with ur guild btw.

Crashy
07-19-2014, 04:43 PM

Awesome, I'm online now.

MightyMicah
07-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Mica, your ideas and philosophy are almost identical to my own. I'd like to join once my bear and mage gets to 51. I'll pm you then, gl with ur guild btw.

Excellent, you'd be very welcome! Hit me up on MightyMicah whenever you want :)

Promagin
07-19-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm working on a 51 bird :)

May I join? (Once I get to L51)

Spyce
07-19-2014, 05:15 PM

Same, wao.

Mine is currently 31.

Laar
07-19-2014, 06:10 PM
I would join, but I would break rule 7 of rushing recklessly.

Gezus
07-20-2014, 12:00 AM
I wish everyone would actually do what they are typing in the forums so much arrogance and just straight up meanness

Reunegade
07-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Heyhey Mic, can I join on Lqser, 56 bear

Dunno if I've created any hate

synfullmagic_23110
07-20-2014, 03:43 PM
YUS maor birds

3-D Romeo

Micah, you might want to see this.
Don't mind me in chat, I didn't take part in it.

Your guild member, Entertained, was trash talking some random person. This was taken 9 days ago.

Lmao his "true bird " statement

MightyMicah
07-20-2014, 04:19 PM

If you're willing to put forth a strong effort to show respect to everyone and treat others how you'd like to be treated, I would love for you to join!

Heyhey Mic, can I join on Lqser, 56 bear

Dunno if I've created any hate

Same goes for you man! I'd love to have you!

I wish everyone would actually do what they are typing in the forums so much arrogance and just straight up meanness

What do you mean, dude?

Reunegade
07-20-2014, 04:53 PM
If you're willing to put forth a strong effort to show respect to everyone and treat others how you'd like to be treated, I would love for you to join!

Same goes for you man! I'd love to have you!

What do you mean, dude?
Thanks mic, js I will occasionally play Lqser for a while. Not gonna be too active cuz im gonna be busy merching for some gold for new gear so liek ya

But ya know 56 is fun so I'll pop in probably aa little bit more :DDDDD

MightyMicah
07-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks mic, js I will occasionally play Lqser for a while. Not gonna be too active cuz im gonna be busy merching for some gold for new gear so liek ya

But ya know 56 is fun so I'll pop in probably aa little bit more :DDDDD

Don't worry about it, man! A lot of activity is not required in the lesst. I just want <Endure> to be a chill group of friendly people who can hang out and make PL a better place.

Reunegade
07-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Ok thx, ill get on lqser whenevr ur rdy

anahadaz
07-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Oh my god another pro bird in our guild? Yes please :D This guild is gonna be good i can tell lol! Micah btw im gonna join stomp on quo just in case you wonder why quo is gone from endure :)

Reunegade
07-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Im not a bird im a bear unless ur talking to someone else

anahadaz
07-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Oh I got completely mixed up :/

Reunegade
07-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Its k mic when u gonna get on :)

anahadaz
07-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Hes been busy for a week or so hasnt really been on.

MightyMicah
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Hes been busy for a week or so hasnt really been on.

Truth. Got extra work to do lately. I should have some more free time in a couple of weeks. Of course, I'll still be on from time to time :)

Reunegade
07-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Ok thx for telling me
PM me when you can get on, I'm free practically any time

Hawkbby
07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Micah help me level Bbyaviii and ill join!

Ssneakykills
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Nice guild micah haven't seen many <Endure > members around tho. All my 51 toons are in a guild otherwise I would of asked to join :) Maybe I should make a 51 bear or fox

anahadaz
07-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Nice guild micah haven't seen many <Endure > members around tho. All my 51 toons are in a guild otherwise I would of asked to join :) Maybe I should make a 51 bear or fox

Please do, we want to expand the guild more:)

NotYoCookiez
07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
can i join on my level 50 helpingcookie? :D

programmed
07-23-2014, 05:13 PM

You're alive!

synfullmagic_23110
07-23-2014, 05:19 PM

Nuuuuuuu