PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on a Lv. 20 Bird

Zealous
12-24-2010, 06:53 AM
*for PVP.

What skills should I put them in? I have currently 11 Skill Points left w/ Focus maxed.
I can respec, if needed.

& Can you guys tell me what are the PROS and CONS w/ a Str and Dex bird?
Builds will be appreciated.

Ersana
12-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Str bird straight up rocks almost no matter what

cuard
12-24-2010, 08:44 AM
go buffs thorn ROOT not wall avian screech blast shot blind shot repulse shot and break make shure u put 5 in each one. u want have now but those re level 50 birds talents

Cabero
12-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Ok I know you have blast shot by now if you also have shattering scream you want to max both those out. Blast shot is you highest damage spell and if you cast shattering scream right before you cast blast shot you get a combo. Which severely increases your blast shot damage. You will see the word combo pop up on you screen for each mob you do it to correctly.

Strength will increase your health.
Dexterity will increase your damage.
In my opinion go straight dexterity you will survive fight by pure damage dealing. The faster you kill them the less time they will have to kill you. lol

Birds are insane killing machines be prepared to use lots of health pots because they generate lots of aggro because of all the damage the deal.

As you continue to level max out avain scream next then then thorn wall. Your method of attack would be run right up in the middle of a group of mobs then cast in this order shattering scream, blast shot, avain scream and last you cast thorn wall if it is cooled down. You will be surprised by the amount of damage you can do that way . When you use thorn wall just run away from the mobs then start attacking then. Most of the time by the time you do all that if the rest of the group isn't sacking they will finish off the last of the health of the mobs by then.

Cabero
12-24-2010, 08:58 AM

Their damage sucks though. Birds are meant to do insane damage. That's what they do best. At lvl50 with a geared group that knows how dish out the damage properly. On a Krush the keeper run you can do a non stop run straight to the keeper and kill him before he pops his first shield. And when I say non stop run I mean you kill all the trash mobs without stopping you run past the mobs and as the group does it they all pop their combos and the mobs just instantly explode. Its a great sight to watch lol

lce
12-24-2010, 09:22 AM

Using a close weapon to attack others are hard people usually freeze them and run around in circles your better off with a bow so you do damage will they freeze you even if you have thorn root they will blast you away and freeze you again

Bigsleazy
12-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Meh. None of you are quite there

Not going to tell you a build though because builds should be made independently, not copied.

Cabero
12-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Meh. None of you are quite there

Not going to tell you a build though because builds should be made independently, not copied.

I know I'm quite there. What I described is accurate. And if your not going to be helpful why bother. Telling people there wrong and not backing it up with real input is pointless.

Edit: Also when people are new we should help them. It improves are state of game play less people running make our runs aggravating with unknowledgeable people in the runs. They can get a good feel for the game then modify their build to suit them. Ex: I'm 11int and rest into dex for the extra point of mana regen and I only have 4pts into focus and 5pts into Med. Which is not a typical build.

Bigsleazy
12-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I know I'm quite there. What I described is accurate. And if your not going to be helpful why bother. Telling people there wrong and not backing it up with real input is pointless.

Edit: Also when people are new we should help them. It improves are state of game play less people running make our runs aggravating with unknowledgeable people in the runs. They can get a good feel for the game then modify their build to suit them. Ex: I'm 11int and rest into dex for the extra point of mana regen and I only have 4pts into focus and 5pts into Med. Which is not a typical build.

He's talking about a pvp build, not a pve build. Pvp is a completly different game than pve.

Cabero
12-24-2010, 11:29 AM
He's talking about a pvp build, not a pve build. Pvp is a completly different game than pve.

He said nothing about being pve or pvp.

Bigsleazy
12-24-2010, 11:34 AM
He said nothing about being pve or pvp.

1. It's posted in the pvp section.
2. Its a level 20, a very common twinking level.
3. Talking about Respecing to warbird/Respecing skills, a very important decision that people often ask help with. If he wasn't a twink it would be useless to respec.

Come on Nancy Drew.

Cabero
12-24-2010, 11:41 AM
1. It's posted in the pvp section.
2. Its a level 20, a very common twinking level.
3. Talking about Respecing to warbird/Respecing skills, a very important decision that people often ask help with. If he wasn't a twink it would be useless to respec.

Come on Nancy Drew.
Ok you got me there I didn't realize it was in the pvp section. I didn't find the post by searching the pvp section. I found it by looking at the what's new section. My mistake I apologize.

Zealous
12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the discussion, guys. I have decided to go w/ the Dex build since I wanted a range type. But I'm still confused on the skill points part. I know I need Sharttering Scream + Blast Shot for the Combo, should I max that at Level 20? If so, what other skills should I increase w/ the remaining of 2 Skill Points left? Should I put the rest on break armor?

Thanks Guys..

Bigsleazy
12-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Honestly, I don't combo ever on my bird. I prefer to do all of my damage before people can come close. Shattering scream is big damage but a good Mage or bear will kill you before you can blast shot. Also, if that doesn't kill them you basically are dead.

juhnken773
12-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Ima tell yu now. What ever build yu make. My build can counter.

And str birds? Cant touch me.

But over all they both are good in general.

Bigsleazy
12-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Ima tell yu now. What ever build yu make. My build can counter.

And str birds? Cant touch me.

But over all they both are good in general.

My warbird can do a thing or two babe ;)

tHelonestud
08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
i would recommend one of the forgotten bows