PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Mode

Hectororius
05-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Prestige Mode

Talking with a guildmate currently playing through COD:26 and about to hit prestige for the 4th time, it dawned on me how to keep end game interesting while giving everyone something to do once you've capped.

for those not familiar with Call of Duty, "Prestige Mode is an option available to players after reaching the highest rank in multiplayer. Entering Prestige Mode, players can trade in their rank, unlocks and challenges for a new rank logo and possibly other bonuses such as permanently unlocking a weapon. After doing this, players are set back to rank one, and can progress through multiplayer again. (source: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Prestige_Mode )

Imagine now. You've hit cap within hours of a new expansion being released, run the new maps countless times and already visited some of your old favourites to see how they've scaled. You've done the PvP thing for some time now too.. whats next? wait for new weapons, events, the next weekend special?

What if you could cap all over again from lvl 1? and in doing so, once you've re-capped, you gain some permanent bonus stat (nothing game breaking, 1-5 bonus stat points per re-cap) You'd also get a fancy banner showing how many times you've gone through the grind. The bonus stat points would only be available at end game in order to keep twink PvP balanced.

On top of being able to re-level from 1, you'll still have access to the elite dungeons, but scaled to your current lvl, with drops being scaled accordingly as well. Now those lower level legendary gears we've farmed for but had no use will have new value and meaning (wanna relive elite bael at level 16 all over again!??)

This could also be away to make special gears and weapons available that are better than the current elite drops, but maybe not as powerful as that levels mythics/arcanes, and not tradeable to maintain their uniquness.

Just a thought.

Schnitzel
05-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I've never played COD before, nor have i capped in AL,

but +1 to your idea

Candylicks
05-12-2014, 06:29 PM
+1 this would be amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Gorecaster
05-12-2014, 06:31 PM
+1 ^^^what he said

Alhuntrazeck
05-13-2014, 07:08 AM
+1! Wow. Sounds great

notfaded1
05-13-2014, 09:46 AM
+1 sounds good.

Samdegreat
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Like cod when you prestige you lose everything (gun,perk,camos)

So this would be confusing due to levelled gear, imagine a lv 1 wearing full mythic it may mess up the pvp system as it may mistake prestige 1 lv 1 for just a lv 1.
Also if your level 1 you may have faults as your items will be of a higher level meaning you may not be able to wear them.

Don't always follow the crowd, make your own opinion :)

Endkey
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
First of all...+1
i play COD and i think leveling in COD and lvling in Al are two different things. COD is more exciting with online players who have sometimes better skills then you and sometimes they dont. In COD its like PvP. But in AL its PvE which gets boring wen u start to reach the end.
It will be a good idea if the STS are able to make PvE fun. For many of us it isnt fun. IF they manage to do it..then this idea is awesome!

Serancha
05-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Nice idea +1

Hectororius
05-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Like cod when you prestige you lose everything (gun,perk,camos)

So this would be confusing due to levelled gear, imagine a lv 1 wearing full mythic it may mess up the pvp system as it may mistake prestige 1 lv 1 for just a lv 1.
Also if your level 1 you may have faults as your items will be of a higher level meaning you may not be able to wear them.

Don't always follow the crowd, make your own opinion :)

no once you're at lvl 1 again, you wouldn't be able to use your endgame gear again, and would have to use gear appropriate to your level. definitely do not want to imbalance lower lvl twinking, but if you could take your main account back to lvl 15-16 twink PVP for a bit and still be able to do elites at a twink lvl.

this is by no means what your standard mmo does currently, and would give it a unique twist for mmo's in general

Samdegreat
05-13-2014, 11:43 AM
If you can do elite once you prestige and it corrects it to your level, dosn't that mean 3 level 1s can do elite accompanied with a lv 41?

As 3 level 1s should make it easy for the lv 41...

Hectororius
05-13-2014, 12:26 PM
If you can do elite once you prestige and it corrects it to your level, dosn't that mean 3 level 1s can do elite accompanied with a lv 41?

As 3 level 1s should make it easy for the lv 41...

just like the current pug system, you'd be joined by people close to your level, and it would scale to the highest lvl toon. if a 41 were to join up with some lvl 16s (cuz they joined a friend), then the 16s would be in for a tough fight.

your capped pets would also have to be scaled down to your existing level, but will not lose their lvl memory (i dont think having pets going through prestige ranks would be a good idea though).

Doobiez
05-15-2014, 10:46 PM
What would happen to the people that don't want to cap again not everyone has that kind of time leave that to cod 😬

Hectororius
05-17-2014, 04:55 AM
What would happen to the people that don't want to cap again not everyone has that kind of time leave that to cod ��

Then you just keep enjoying the game as is. The perks are generally minor things that aren't game breaking. cool weapons, vanities, armors, titles, banners.

Taejo
05-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Not a terrible idea, but seems like a ton of work for the devs to implement. Also, there are some needed tweaks to your idea:

The bonus stat points would only be available at end game in order to keep twink PvP balanced.

Innate +stats isn't a good idea. A better approach to rewarding players for re-leveling would be to tie the additional stats into your banner idea. Have different tiers of banners with scaling stats, depending how many times you've re-grinded to level cap. Keep it low enough so players aren't feeling obligated to partake in this if they don't enjoy grinding, but just the right amount to give those who do partake a feeling of accomplishment. Keep the level requirement L41 to wear it, to prevent the twink PvP issues. I would also have a max on this - 5 tiers or so.

On top of being able to re-level from 1, you'll still have access to the elite dungeons, but scaled to your current lvl, with drops being scaled accordingly as well. Now those lower level legendary gears we've farmed for but had no use will have new value and meaning (wanna relive elite bael at level 16 all over again!??)

If I'm reading this correctly - the elites are accessible as a re-level 1 player? I don't think that's ever going to happen, as they'd have to completely overhaul the entire loot table. I'd rather see the devs spend more time on other things. Leave the system as it is - i.e. you can enter the appropriate elite maps as you re-level.

This could also be away to make special gears and weapons available that are better than the current elite drops, but maybe not as powerful as that levels mythics/arcanes, and not tradeable to maintain their uniquness.

Nah.

Overall, a neat idea. The alternative to a banner reward could simply be achievement points. About 6 months ago, we were trying to push STS to add more competition within the AP system by adding difficult and time-consuming achievements that gave players options and a bit more freedom on how to build their AP points (especially if one doesn't feel like wasting their life flagging 10k times). Sadly, nothing was ever implemented.

epicrrr
05-18-2014, 09:05 AM
+1 nice idea.. lets say each time you cap you will get +1/2/3/4/5 heck even +.5% prim stat/dmg/dodge/speed a figure thats not too overpowering, at least you have a purpose of why you are capping etc and is continuously grinding maps apart from hunt.

aarrgggggg
05-26-2014, 09:26 AM
great idea hec sts pay attention something like this is needed to keep peoples interest

ibighunk
05-28-2014, 11:46 AM
+10 :-)