PDA

View Full Version : Number of players dropping??

Steverd
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Anyone else think the number of player are dropping?

Used to have 1000+ players when I logged on maybe 2 weeks ago.
Now it's between 500-600 players everytime I log on, morning, noon or night.

What do you think? Concerned?

Lets hope the number of players stay high so we keep getting all of these
great updates.

Steve

Obliteration
05-08-2010, 03:00 PM
There's been lots of changes lately.
I'm sure some people got mad.
That or most of them were 13's that just quit.

TheBaconKing
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Alterra may see player count dropping, but Fnord has seen a good increase in the number of players. My first character was on Fnord, and at the time the population was usually around 50. Now it is usually 100+

PvP
05-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Regardless of if they're dropping, the loyal players remain. Thats all the game needs to be carried on to a good status. The people who are dedicated, care about the game, and pay every now and then. The rest are (or were) just there.

Prest87
05-08-2010, 05:29 PM
PvP is right only the loyal players really matter in a game like this

Justg
05-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Our plan is to finish getting the features in place that we all think we need for an amazing game (pvp, guilds, etc), and then market the game. Thus far it has all been word of mouth (thanks to a lot of you) but we will get serious about acquisition soon. Until then, the game and community are very healthy :)

Rannos
05-08-2010, 06:17 PM
That's what I like to hear!

Flamin
05-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Our plan is to finish getting the features in place that we all think we need for an amazing game (pvp, guilds, etc), and then market the game. Thus far it has all been word of mouth (thanks to a lot of you) but we will get serious about acquisition soon. Until then, the game and community are very healthy :)

Smart thinking.

Steverd
05-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear!!

I spend a few hours a day in the game and still love it.

Steve

KongsNutz
05-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeh i agree with PVP and Justg above, loyal players will remain and are all that is needed.

You will see thousands every now and then when new players pick it up.... out of those you will see a few stay each time.

This has been the MMO formular for years.. millions try them and only hundreds (sometimes thousands) stay. (unless it's WoW for some reason)

When they advertise this game fully.... not only will you see it as #1 in the app-store...... but you will see players increase by the boat load.

Truth be told I myself only found this game because i GOOGLED "MMO's for iPhone", I tried out like 2 before I got here...... and now I stay and play regularly.

BestHyun
05-08-2010, 10:00 PM

It's time to get down to business!