PDA

View Full Version : New Craftable Gems Idea

allplay
05-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Well it's been awhile since the Tarlok Event. The tarlok gems have risen over 100k. What about rather than having to spend all that gold for a gem that most likely wont become grand we can craft (Non tarlok) Rage, Wisdom, and Wind gems.

Rage::mad:
Blood Gem+Fire Gem, 16hr craft time

Wisdom::peach:
Glacial Gem+Blood Gem, 16hr craft time

Wind::chuncky:
Fire Gem+Glacial Gem, 16hr craft time

Hoardseeker
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM
Oh! Biggest suggesstion! suggested by Zeus too

I always give a +1

+1

But the Itemization System refuses it

Raymond05
05-14-2014, 08:33 AM
I like it. +1 :D

Bornof1000Kings
05-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Always a good idea. Different gem recipes could allow for more individual customization of a character. I'm waiting for the +crit recipe. Some +hp or mana recipes would be pretty nifty too.

scarysmerf
05-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Maybe new gems for spring event lets just wait and see.

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 01:44 PM
I can't say I see this as being a good idea. What will happen is nobody will craft with regular gems and everyone will just make these new gems. Instead, I think the best idea is to introduce another limited run of new gems, something different than tarlok so that you don't kill the price of the rare tarlok gems, but something different and again for a limited time.

allplay
05-14-2014, 02:30 PM
I can't say I see this as being a good idea. What will happen is nobody will craft with regular gems and everyone will just make these new gems. Instead, I think the best idea is to introduce another limited run of new gems, something different than tarlok so that you don't kill the price of the rare tarlok gems, but something different and again for a limited time.

Not everything is about the economy, But I understand where your coming from. Maybe they should shorten the time of gem crafting from a lengthy 8 hours to maybe 4-6 hours and the combo gems to 12 hours. This will increase the productivity of gem crafting and not to the point of inflation. As gems will still always be used daily by players for gear upgrades, combo gem crafting, and maybe nore if they continue increasing the element of the crafting system. This in turn will cause gems to remain at a stable 3k in auc and 6-8k for combo gems(I assume that would be the price.)

Zeus
05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
I suggested a new type of gem, not tarloks itself. This is basically a tarlok renamed. There should be other gems, honestly. This way, there's variety in stats and there's no set "overall max stats".

allplay
05-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I suggested a new type of gem, not tarloks itself. This is basically a tarlok renamed. There should be other gems, honestly. This way, there's variety in stats and there's no set "overall max stats".

I understand where you're coming from, this idea IS for tarlok gems(Basically renamed as you said) and yeah you're totally right. There should be more gem variety so that nobody has to have the exact same stat spread to be "viable". I believe the idea for these combo gems attribute to a more customizable character but it also shouldn't just stop here. Maybe more gem types for sub-stats(Crit, Bonus Damage, Damage Reduction, Hp, Mana.) can be created using the essence/crafting system. Maybe even platinum purchased Vanity Tags?

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 02:51 PM
There is really no point to having a double crafted gem. What will happen is everyone will use these instead of the other ones, and all you do is make it take longer to craft an item. If you want to make different gems, then that is something different. Make a gem that adds damage, crit, dodge, or armor. That would be cool. It would add more variety to our builds.

Zeus
05-14-2014, 02:59 PM
There is really no point to having a double crafted gem. What will happen is everyone will use these instead of the other ones, and all you do is make it take longer to craft an item. If you want to make different gems, then that is something different. Make a gem that adds damage, crit, dodge, or armor. That would be cool. It would add more variety to our builds.

Personally, I would want to boost dodge if there was a dodge gem. I know at around 70 dodge, I start dodging stuns A LOT. This would be useful not only in elites, but in clashes and 1v1s against mages. A stunned rogue is a dead rogue, right?

allplay
05-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Well I don't know if you know but the Tarlok Gems(Which is basically what these are.) add a secondary stat boost on top of the base stat you're trying to boost. In return it cuts from the Base stat(I.E. Normal fire gem would add +3(+6 on grand) where as a tarlok wind would add +2dex, 1 int(+4 dex, 1 int on grand.) I'm very sure people will still craft & use normal gems along with these combo gems and in the end of the day it's up to the individual player what they want to put in their gear. Who's to say what we can and can't put in our gear? It's all about customization that attaches a person to their character and in turn keeps them playing the game. :cupcake:

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 03:44 PM
The only advantage to tarlok gems are that you get more stat points (at certain levels). The stat split is no advantage at all. Gear has multiple gem slots, so if you have a mythic ring and want 2 dex/1 int per gem, it would be the same to just use 2 fire gems and 1 glacial gem to craft it. In the end you would get the same 6 dex/3 int total. This is why you rarely see tarlok gems on level 36 items.

Taejo
05-14-2014, 03:54 PM

Agreed. The possibilities with developing new gems, creating a wider variety to choose from, is almost limitless as the game progresses. It's a similar catalog to pet stats. I am sure there are plenty more gems that the devs have already written on paper and will be introduced at later times - giving us slackers some time to max out with the current gems. I wouldn't be surprised if we see +dodge, +crit, +dmg, +armor, etc. released throughout the season.

asimauara
05-14-2014, 05:39 PM
We need luck and armor gems lol

Froxanthar
05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
I would like to see new Blood Gem gives this 5 STR, 100 HP , 50 Def. And to craft it you need 3 pieces of Blood Gem, a rare recipe and have a chance to fail when crafting it up to 70% :D

utkarsh saini
05-14-2014, 11:47 PM
blood + fire + glacial = arlorian gem crafting time 1 day and stats 3+int 3+dex 3+str. and primary stat =+2 .. grand .. dex=6+ int=6+ str= 6+ and primary stats +5 ..

hows that . it can also be a great gem ... alrounder and unique gem.... with 1 more . thing ...

it have a recipe of 5 k . and that recipe can be brought from a vendor or store ....

Foebegone
05-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Id like to see fun gems

immolation gem - Enemies take burning damage on hitting you. (can do any damage dot something good for wars that get spanked lots)

Shadow gem - Decreases aggro generated (ok not a pvp gem)

Warp gems - On hit has chance to teleport you a short distance away

Charm gem - On hit has chance to pull attacker to you

Phoenix gems - Chance on death from crit to rise from the ashes (at 5% health and 1s immunity)

You get the idea seems more entertaining than

+dex
+dex/int

or and we all know its coming

+crit
+damage (doesnt stack with anything) ;p
+meh

Doobiez
05-15-2014, 11:47 PM

This 😮

dantus
05-16-2014, 07:46 AM
+1 this idea would increase demand for regular gems as twice as many regular gems would be required to create a single gem. Would also create another reasonable way to spend platinum for those players who do. This would double the demand for gems without increased supply and make tarlok gems accessible. At the same time keeping each players crafting/upgrading time line interesting longer.