PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Story Token Pets

Jenvy
05-14-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm going to sound like a broken record, as this has been suggested before (by myself and by others), but I feel like there should be a really nice / lucrative incentive for players to log in every day.

A good solid way to do this would be by offering some useful Mythic pet eggs available for purchase with story tokens. Arcane would be a bit much, but Mythic isn't unreasonable.

Of course, they should be difficult to obtain so as not to flood the market. I'm thinking 1200 tokens (which is roughly 4 solid months of bard dailies).

Archerios
05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
the max story token is 1000

Rare
05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
and tons of players are already maxed out.

Jenvy
05-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Well they could raise the max?

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Story tokens are too easy. It would be better for something like Dragkin Teeth, or something else that is hard to achieve and takes actual work. Maybe something like a question to defeat 100 elite Tindirin bosses or something like that.

Jenvy
05-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Story tokens are too easy. It would be better for something like Dragkin Teeth, or something else that is hard to achieve and takes actual work. Maybe something like a question to defeat 100 elite Tindirin bosses or something like that.

Wouldn't say no to that, but I also think that would be a little too obtainable. Farming elites or farming teeth in reg wouldn't take months at a time.

With tokens, yes it takes little effort, but the eggs would trickle into the game at a very slow rate, keeping price and demand high.

kingoburgo
05-14-2014, 02:42 PM
multiaccounting kills this nice idea

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
I do agree that is the one good thing about story tokens is that you cannot increase the rate, you can only do it once per day. Perhaps a daily quest that you must kill 5 elite bosses and then you get a "Tindirin Token". Then when you get 100 tokens, you get your mythic pet. That would make it more difficult than bards quests, but still keep the basic "3-4 month" schedule so the market does not get flooded.

Jenvy
05-14-2014, 03:03 PM
multiaccounting kills this nice idea

I feel like even with people running tons of chars a day everyday, if you made the price in tokens high enough, it wouldn't really matter. Supply would still be pretty low for the first year or two.

Edit:

I do agree that is the one good thing about story tokens is that you cannot increase the rate, you can only do it once per day. Perhaps a daily quest that you must kill 5 elite bosses and then you get a "Tindirin Token". Then when you get 100 tokens, you get your mythic pet. That would make it more difficult than bards quests, but still keep the basic "3-4 month" schedule so the market does not get flooded.

That's a really great idea. 5 elites might be a bit much though. 1-2 would be more reasonable.

This would breath life into pve, and also keep mutliaccounters taking advantage to a minimum, as not too many players have multiple elite tindirin ready chars.

Froxanthar
05-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Good idea. But if they are implant this I'm thinking that they will going to do it on the 'new coming' so that everyone will have to start fresh and no advantage for 1000 Story Token holder with multi accounts.

Varsia
05-15-2014, 05:15 PM
I personally think tht if sts were to introduce a mythic pet, obtainable through bard, it shouldn't be tradeable. Fair enough, the incentive to log in everyday might only last so long but at least it would solve the price issue if it were able to be sold. It's an awesome idea though :-))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk