PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends kills battery

Private
12-25-2010, 04:31 PM
I am on htc evo with 3g i can't even last an hour with wifi its a little better but not a lot and 4g its not even worth it.

Zeus
12-25-2010, 04:52 PM
The Evo has a weak battery to start off with and a weak graphics chip but a strong processor, since it has a weak graphics chip, it puts more stress on the processor which isn't doing a lot to help btw, and processor eats up the battery like no other, which is why they put a strong graphics chip in many of the newer phones to handle the games. I'd suggest you either buy a bigger battery or see if you can talk to your local sprint representative to see if you can swap out your EVO for an EPIC 4G, as it is truly the better phone. Trust me I know this, I am obsessed with the latest phone technologies.

Refriedchicken
12-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Pocket Legends kills my battery, and overheats my Galaxy S. -.-

Zeus
12-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Pocket Legends kills my battery, and overheats my Galaxy S. -.-

Well the answer to your question is... Have you taken a look at how thin that phone is? AND it packs an ARM Cortex a8 hummingbird processor with the clock speed of 1ghz, and the strongest graphic chip in a phone, almost strong enough to power a game console like the xbox 360. It's crazy, it's bound to overheat with all those tech goodies in there. Not to mention the SUPER AMOLED Screen. My advice to you is kill all unnecessary apps, get a bigger battery (the one they supply is no where near enough, if your going to be playing games on it), lower the brightness, and don't play while charging.

asommers
12-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Try the battery saving option in the Game Options menu. This will increase battery life at the expense of performance.

-ALS

TwinkTastical
12-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Try the battery saving option in the Game Options menu. This will increase battery life at the expense of performance.

-ALS

Why did you steal my answer?

DawnInfinity
12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Wow, range. You are pretty obsessed with phones. :D

Herro
12-26-2010, 02:20 PM
The battery saver is great, but it makes me feel like im lagging lol

kividroid
02-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Don't play while charging? I thought that would be ok. Why not if you don't mind me asking I would hate to damage my new HTC Desire

**Edit**
On second thoughts I would guess while charging and gaming the exessive heat could damage those goodies. I shall keep an eye on this.