PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress' secondary stats

Lavee
12-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I think it should be str rather than dex.

Don't you agree?

Zeus
12-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Pure int is the way to go with enchantress, you will be a glass cannon but a glass cannon owns if you can kill them before they kill you.

Lavee
12-26-2010, 12:31 AM
I was talking about the secondary stats

Str 1
Dex 2
Int 7

And I wad saying that the secondary stats should be str instead of dex because it makes more sense that way.

Bigsleazy
12-26-2010, 03:03 AM
It's one skill point either way...

Lavee
12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
It's one skill point either way...

I understand but one stat point could make all the difference. Your stats could be one less for getting that extra armor etc. Also, it could be a huge influence to players to spend their extra stats to dex that they dont really need.

TheLaw
12-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Enchantresses are Nukers, not Tankers. Thats why your given the highest buffing skill.

Ruscour
12-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Enchantresses are Nukers, not Tankers. Thats why your given the highest buffing skill.

Not the point at all.

What makes more sense for an Enchantress, a glass cannon caster type? Physical offense or more fortitude? Seems rather obvious.

Lavee
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Str is important for health and armor to have more survivability. Dex should not be a secondary stat.

Eleanor
12-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Haha! I don't agree... Dex is what I think is the appropriate secondary stat...

When compared to other MMORPGs, usually dex really goes well with int since mages are suppose to be very powerful yet very vulnerable... With str as its secondary stat, you take away its vulnerability and getting a almost to perfect character...

Now what fun is that without the mages' limitations?

Lavee
12-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Even with str as a secondary stat, mages are still very vulnerable unless they convert to a paladin. It just gives them more survivability (armor and health) and letting mages who use int gear die less.

Ruscour
12-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Consider Warcraft III, and by extension, DotA. Not an MMO, but a game with 3 base stats, just let DEX = AGI.

In WCIII:

STR = HP, HP regen, damage (if primary stat)
AGI = Attack speed, armor, damage (if primary stat)
INT = Mana, mana regen, damage (if primary stat)

Everyone builds STR (with many exceptions, but generally) because it's PvP and survivability is king, but you can imagine if there was dungeons and the like and DPS was a priority.

Warriors should want STR with some DEX on the side, maybe INT if they didn't have any mana regen in their current gear set.

Archers should want DEX with some STR on the side, for a bit more survivability, again with the mana regen if needed.

Enchantresses should want INT with STR on the side, and consider DEX poison and never touch it.

Because that's the way things should be.

Lavee
12-28-2010, 01:04 AM
I completely agree with Ruscour.
The devs should really look into this.

Pharcyde
12-28-2010, 03:18 AM
I understand but one stat point could make all the difference. Your stats could be one less for getting that extra armor etc. Also, it could be a huge influence to players to spend their extra stats to dex that they dont really need.

Not really.... You can put up to 5 skill points into a stat with no attribute changes. Just balance it out yourself, I got my build so that the only wasted stat points are in Int (minimum needed to dual build).

MoonYeol
12-28-2010, 06:32 AM
To us players, it would be better to have str as the secondary, not a huge difference but still a bit better. The game on the other hand does make a bit more sense if dex is the secondary stat. If you think about the average mage/enchantress he/she would be an intelligent, cunning being devoted more to using his/her wits and/or speed than being a body building bookworm. The same way bears who mainly do heavy weight lifting, would probably spend more time running or playing football than solving sudoku's. But that's just what I think. However, str as secondary would be good.

thesteve27100
12-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Ill Agree with this simply from my observation that Str Build Enchanters seem to be the most popular cross-class (My own main included)

Lavee
12-28-2010, 01:52 PM
With other games, dex is important for a Mage because it adds to casting speed. In PL, I don't really see the importance of dex for mages.

Wildder
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Great points to all of you. :)