PDA

View Full Version : OMG Amra-zu!

Zylx
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
http://i500.photobucket.com/albums/e404/ZylxSigShop/Screenshot_2014-05-15-12-13-37_zpsed943c9b.png

http://i500.photobucket.com/albums/e404/ZylxSigShop/Screenshot_2014-05-15-12-53-53_zps1bf6b877.png

I just solo'd Amra-zu on my lvl 18 rogue. About 45-50 minutes after confronting him, i finally killed him!

To those who dont know, my damage didn't scale to Amra-zu's level, so my attacks did not damage him. The only thing that would damage him was nox's poison effect. I tried calling for help, but my zone was reserved/full, even after the rest of my lvl 17 party gave up.

So i literally had to run around and dodge his attacks while spamming nox. The bolts didnt go through the little hole on the bottom of the map, so i had to be right next to him for my nox to hit him. It took me roughly 10 minutes to kill him on the final attempt. I died ~15 times. I feel so accomplished! :)

The moral of this story: Never give up. If something could work, then you can do it, no matter how hard it is. I see so many people giving up on the game for very little things, but this is a game. A challenge is what makes it fun and very rewarding! :)

GoodSyntax
05-15-2014, 03:51 PM
And that's why Nox is one of the Rogues best skills....

Zylx
05-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Haha no joke. If it weren't for nox, i'd've had to leave without getting Amra-zu's death under my belt.

Morholt
05-15-2014, 05:23 PM
I've come across Skratch a few times on my lvl 15 toons and managed to kill him pretty quickly. :)
There's no real reason to bother killing them, aside from the sweet satisfaction of killing an elite enemy on a low lvl character. :)

Zylx
05-15-2014, 05:43 PM
When i was leveling my sorcerer in WT4 solo, i came across Skratch a couple times too at lower levels. But i was able to pick him off at a distance fairly quickly. With Amra-zu, the only thing that would hurt him was poison so i couldn't really hurt him with any other attacks.

I wanna say the elite-4 get progressively more difficult depending on where you find them. Easiest-to-hardest: Skratch, Amra-zu, First-Mate Ripper, and then the nordr one.

But i was surprised that i came across Amra-zu on the first time i went to mardrom on that character, considering there are a lot of people who rage about not being able to find him. :D

iiirootzz
05-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Quick nub question is Scotch Slag's equivalent nowadays?

Arpluvial
05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Congratulations. :)

Zeus
05-16-2014, 12:58 AM
No it is not. IMO Slag is still the standard bearer for Mythic pets, although the lvl40 passive skill upgrade for Grimm has made it competitive. Scorch is useful but in most cases the more balanced stat boosts and Panic-inducing Arcane Ability make it one of the go-to pets for any class.

Everybody forgets the awesome damage reduction on slag...why!? :(