PDA

View Full Version : Lockeds opened for 150 tokens :D Idea bad or good?

Hercules
05-15-2014, 10:26 PM
hahha IDK for what I said this XD

Daily quest?

Doobiez
05-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Yes 🐲+1

xcainnblecterx
05-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Bad. Doing that is basically taking sts' money away since lockeds are the main source of plat spending

Daniel Banuelos
05-16-2014, 04:32 AM
150 tokens is too much bro

ClumsyCactus
05-16-2014, 06:13 AM
150 tokens is too much bro

Definetly not... If lockeds was going to be opened for storytokens (wich i really do not want)
I would say more than that, because in 15 days, with 3 characters, you would get 3 lockeds opened, and that would drop the mythic price, because non plat spenders could open more. (My prediction)

Morholt
05-16-2014, 06:31 AM
I'm sure many would try to make 20 characters to open them every 15 days, but...let's be honest...most of them are going to get sick of having to run The Frigid Eyepatch so much. Not to mention they'll eventually want to use tokens to expand inventories...and the number of tokens needed to get that many characters (they may end up paying plat to get more characters).
Would possibly help push the prices of Crawly and Colton back up some, as less people would be saving up that many tokens, too.

And after most people see that opening those locks didn't give them anything, after having to run 12 frigid times for 20 characters, they'll likely start to give up running so many characters.

Additional thought: make it cost 150 story tokens AND 25 hauntlet tokens. Would heavily cut down people trying to open extra locks.

VenomsChaos
05-16-2014, 08:57 AM
+1 to morholt

but i do prefer a new type box can be open only with gold and giwes different loots than locked crate ( a new mythic - legendary - arcane pet only can be looted from that new chests )

Tokens can be used on other things as revive

Toogy
05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
They deffinetly need to make some good things for us non-plat users
-1 for this bcs u need to wait 100 days to open 6 locks and get crap

Sent from my GT-S6310N using Tapatalk

Madnex
05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
This idea is plain impractical. You can't convert platinum to story token this easily - each currency is standalone and has its own unique characteristics. Sure, in your mind 150 story tokens (~two weeks of running story quests daily) might seem equal to 15 platinum but consider what percent of the player base would actually save that much for one locket crate?

We've already had countless topics about people using 500+ platinum (~33-50 locked crates opened) complaining they looted nothing but disappointment. The only people who will do this are maybe the ones which have 10-15 accounts and that's a very small portion to even consider applying this suggestion in game. On the other hand, if they made them able to be opened with 30-50 story tokens we'd have an issue with platinum buyers complaining (fairly so).

Lastly, locked crates are the most classic/known/notorious example of the advantage platinum offers to the customers - I don't think an alternative way of opening Locked crates is anywhere in the horizon (we've yet to see even simpler stuff like respec scrolls).

Xeusx
05-16-2014, 09:18 AM
This idea is plain impractical. You can't convert platinum to story token this easily - each currency is standalone and has its own unique characteristics. Sure, in your mind 150 story tokens (~two weeks of running story quests daily) might seem equal to 15 platinum but consider what percent of the player base would actually save that much for one locket crate?

We've already had countless topics about people using 500+ platinum (~33-50 locked crates opened) complaining they looted nothing but disappointment. The only people who will do this are maybe the ones which have 10-15 accounts and that's a very small portion to even consider applying this suggestion in game. On the other hand, if they made them able to be opened with 30-50 story tokens we'd have an issue with platinum buyers complaining (fairly so).

Lastly, locked crates are the most classic/known/notorious example of the advantage platinum offers to the customers - I don't think an alternative way of opening Locked crates is anywhere in the horizon (we've yet to see even simpler stuff like respec scrolls).
This^.
What if someone have 1k tokens already for opening those lockeds?

Daniel Banuelos
05-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Definetly not... If lockeds was going to be opened for storytokens (wich i really do not want)
I would say more than that, because in 15 days, with 3 characters, you would get 3 lockeds opened, and that would drop the mythic price, because non plat spenders could open more. (My prediction)

150 tokens is too much if youre going to get junk i would definitely pay 150 if the drop rates is a lot higher

Crowsfoot
05-17-2014, 09:50 AM
I have 9 characters at the moment and every one of them is hording tokens. I will have 45 characters faster than you can say "wow he's a plat user" just so I can open an average of 3 locks per day. I.E. in 100 days I can open 300 locks.

---

PS: a free locked system would be nice but it is hard to find a way that can't be abused by having mupile characters.

Sheener
05-17-2014, 05:44 PM
150 tokens is a lot

Sheener
05-17-2014, 05:44 PM
I would never spend 150 tokens on a lock lol

ClumsyCactus
05-17-2014, 08:12 PM
150 tokens is too much if youre going to get junk i would definitely pay 150 if the drop rates is a lot higher

But that is the thing, the mythic sets in game is already too meny, and what you are asking for is a Way to get mythics Quick and Easy. the entire point is to make it hard to get this Items. The mythic sets of armor was supposed to be Only for the extreme pros. But it did not quite work, and now you almost need a mythic set to survive.
And if the droprates were higher, and people had about 10 characters each, imagine all the locks they could open, and get superbast mythics.

Kreasadriii
05-18-2014, 06:25 AM
Sorry out of context but if wanna open locked, people should be do more efforts than daily routine :)
Such as 30run hauntlet then you get reward a "shiny coin" that able to open locked crates

So while another plat players spend their money for fun with locked,
You can spend your time with more efforts by opening that locked, but still taking time and potions in hauntlet.. seems more equal I guess hehehe

#just my advised

ancestor
05-18-2014, 12:10 PM
booommmm* Introducing The New Old Elite Chests Dun Dun Dddduuuuunnnn
Have Fun With Your Plat Free Locked chests

Wutzgood
05-18-2014, 12:33 PM
I have 9 characters at the moment and every one of them is hording tokens. I will have 45 characters faster than you can say "wow he's a plat user" just so I can open an average of 3 locks per day. I.E. in 100 days I can open 300 locks.

---

PS: a free locked system would be nice but it is hard to find a way that can't be abused by having mupile characters.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Story tokens are too easy to abuse to open locked with.

Crowsfoot
05-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Make keys that unlock crates, craftable from essences or purchasrabke with dragkin teeth.

In this method, having multiple characters poses no direct advantage

ancestor
05-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Make keys that unlock crates, craftable from essences or purchasrabke with dragkin teeth.

In this method, having multiple characters poses no direct advantage

This Is A Great Idea!

I Would Also Like To See A New Craft Item That Drops From Trash Mobs That Is Like A Key Shard. And You Need 10 To Craft A Key. But The Craft Time Would Have To Take 72 Hours To Ensure You Could Only craft 5 Every 3 Days. Then You Can Sell The Keys In Cs. And People Would Pay A Pretty Penny. Also People Would Pay Plat To Speed The Crafting Process Up Or To Buy The Missing Key Shards They Need To Craft. So This Solves The Plat To Lock Ratio, And Allows Non Plat Users To Have An Opportunity To Open Them.