PDA

View Full Version : New player has some questions :)

Asur
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey guys!
picked the game up few days ago and like it sofar but have some questions which are hard to find answers for ingame.

so..
1.Platinum:
is the start amount of it all that is ever be given free? or will be some more availible for maybe doing a special quest or through events or lets just call it *availible through playing* ?

how does free platinum works? i mean the commercial for it where u have to visit other sites.

2.Tokens:
do they work like daily quests? so that i have the chance to get some every day?
this questgiver is than always the bard guy i guess?..

3.Currency:
for what should i keep certain currencys? i try to dont waste that much so i am asking,looking for the long way.

i am asking this cuz i have already problems with minimum inventory slots and i saw u can purchase more slots through platinum/tokens..
so i am worried about the NEED to spend money for such basic things and i ofcourse dont wanna do that.
will it be even enjoyable without spending real money or will i hit a wall soon and/or miss out on certain content.
if anything in this game is possible to get via playing would be to fantastic so i doubt it.

4.how do i figure out which quest is important and whichone isnt?(possible to delete) is it possible to do older quest again? sometimes i think well,u did that already..

thats it for the moment hope u can help me out maybe some more will come with time :)

Osabevie
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Hii, firstly welcome to the game.

1. The start amount is all that is given free unless you do free plat offers from native X etc. These can be found in the store menu at the bottom left. There is no plat available by doing quests, quests only give gold or items.

2. Tokens are like dallies, you can do it once per day and you get it from the bard (in a tavern eg: in Windmore).

3. Keep gold as that's the main currency to buy items form other players or the store (also called the cs and its found in all towns). Try not to waste it as its useful to get amour, pets an weapons :).

For more inventory slots you can use the tokens the bard gives you to buy more which is very helpful.

There is no need to spend real money on al its one of the best free to play games ive ever seen- im lvl 41 with mythics and have never spent anything. However to make large amounts of gold quickly or to get items quicker (without having gold) plat can be helpful.

4. Keep all new quests as they tell you where to go and help progress the story, however if it says daily then you can delete it if you want but the gold can be useful.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Asur
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey thx buddy! nice to read that u didnt need money at all. thats that kinda answer i needed to go really into it :-).
i will use this thread if i need some more informations which will may happen soon^^.

Asur
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Hey Guys!

Got some new questions for you^^

first of all i want to ask Osabevie,how do u get mythic stuff without using plat? for me it seems the only way is by farming tons of gold and buy this stuff in the Ah? i thought for now they can only drop from these crates which need plats to open them.

soo,
1.How do i expand my stash without plat? 5 slots is kinda like no stash at all.well i dont see a way to get more slots without using plat and this is a big problem since i like to collect stuff and stash it ofc.

2.i witness often that people farm this Jarl boss for crates, is that because its the fastest reachable boss in the game?
i mean its a low lvl boss and for now it seems that it doesnt make a difference if its a *harder* boss,isnt it the case that stronger bosses drop better stuff?
like its used to be in any other games. or they just want these purple crates?

3.is farming these crates the most efficent way to get *wealthy* in the game? (farming them and sell in the ah)and do they only drop while having luck elixirs?

4.whats about that leprechaun amu? i heard its quite essential for farming, how does it work?(seems like i have to buy it through ah for tons of gold i guess.

5. i had to sell essences quite often now to get more space in the inventory and just keep the ones i might craft soon (the ones i am close to 10 with)
is that a common way to do so? iam still unexperienced in the game.

6.how does the hauntlet work? i read that u do a clearing run in it and get other tokens for it. what can i buy with these tokens and for which lvl is it?

7. are these lvl 1-4 tombs i found in some cities just for farming/lvling?

8.what are people doing at the endgame, what and where they farm stuff?

thats quite alot but ye iam still unexperienced and hope for some answers :)

Greetings

JaytB
05-19-2014, 09:01 AM
About stash to collect stuff... You can just buy an extra character slot with story tokens and use that to keep your stuff on.

Asur
05-19-2014, 10:51 AM
thx for the advice JaytB,but i am getting a bit into that native x offers. Already got some but most of them doesnt seem to work or at least dont give plat for installing/running.
i will try it from time to time and maybe i get to 50 plat to buy some stash slots^^

Osabevie
05-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Hii firstly when you reach cap (lvl 41) you can farm elites etc which can allow you to get high value loot. Try gemming this and its will sell for even more. (look at archon rings)
I think in the new client update coming sooish (not 100% sure) you will be able to buy stash slots for bard story tokens.

2. Jarl is farmed as hes quick to get to yes as all bosses no matter what lvl have a chance to drop locked (except uberman/wolf spirit).

Elite boss typically drop better, higher value loot eg: elite tindrin= magma weps and armour.

3. Farming crates is a good way to make money, try kraken mines 3, rooks nest or jarl. (from the dragons jewel in the explore option). They can drop anytime with no elixirs or anything but elixirs increase the chance. However when you cap I find elites running is both fun andf can generate good loot.

4. Leps are like luck elixirs they give you a 15% chance to re roll your loot up to the next tier of loot eg: it could turn as golden chest from jarl into a locked or an epic weapon into a legendary-luck elixirs do this too. Try using a lep and an elixir as they stack and give 35% re roll chance. I would save all your gold for a lep as it makes farming much easier :).

5. When you have enough spare story tokens buy more inventory slots. If you can dont sell essences- they can sell for 3,000 (i know this doesn't seem like a lot but it all adds up).

6. Hauntlet is a map that you can run as many times as you like and it gives you a token. There are quests too eg: the cannon one etc that can give bonus tokens. You can buy pet eggs with tokens which you can use or sell for gold.

7. Yes but I wouldn't use them for farming except km3- i use them only for lvling.

8. We pvp/farm elites mostly. Common elites are elite rooks nest, oltagar keep etc. However in a good guild there will be organized elite runs to shuyal etc.

Hope this helps :)

Osa

Simetrix
07-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Means a lot to me as being a beginner.

Francis Saucier
07-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Ok so im a new player of this game. Im actually wondering if there is a bug atm with trading and joining friend in game. Everything in in grey so I can click join or trade. I tried doin it in a dungeon or in town it doesnt work either. Some game you cant ttradeuntil you hit a certain lvl is it the same for this one?

tharidom
07-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Ok so im a new player of this game. Im actually wondering if there is a bug atm with trading and joining friend in game. Everything in in grey so I can click join or trade. I tried doin it in a dungeon or in town it doesnt work either. Some game you cant ttradeuntil you hit a certain lvl is it the same for this one?

Trading is unlocked at a certain lvl (no idea which), can u please post a screenshot of this grey thing.:)

Feida12
07-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Trading unlocks at lvl 5 like when you got all your plat too