PDA

View Full Version : The Mothership and The Underground

BlueMagma
12-26-2010, 12:40 PM
As everyone knows, Alien Oasis 3 is so far the last of the campaigns (i'm not saying its stopping there which it probably won't) but this thread is more of what could be in future campaigns and what I think it should be.

My idea is that there should definitely be a level cap increase and for whatever level it is (55 or 60) and there should be 2 different campaigns for that level. The Mothership and The Underground.

The Mothership could be the final installment to the Alien Oasis series. My idea is that you enter the alien spaceship that crashed in the desert in order to rid Sizoo who has gained control of the alien army and wants to control the universe. (For those of you who don't know who Sizoo is, he is the one in the beginning of the AO3 levels where he tells you to destroy the bosses, including the Galactic Overlord, so that you can save Alterra; however, he slips up by saying he wants to control the universe as a result of killing the bosses). Here there would be Elite Alien armour and new and harder bosses (Sizoo probably being one of them). Also note, i thought about maybe even going to the Alien home planet but then again that could take away from the storyline in Alterra, therefore the crashed Mothership would be the most appropriate solution.

The Underground would be a continuation to the Shalerockstone Valley level in Balefort Castle. For those of you who have been there, there are some Rock like enemies that you can kill in this level. The Underground would be going deeper into the caves where the ancient rock creatures were born where you eventually end up in the depth of the caves, The Core. This place would be for the increased level cap (55 or 60, same as Mothership) and would be the magma/lava world where it again would have new armour, and new bosses.

You may be wondering why i want them both at the same level. There's a reason for that. Playing Pocket Legends we all know that the best armours are Cosmo/Rift/Void/Cyber armour and basically once you have this armour, your basically at the top with no where to go. However, if there are 2 sets of armour for Warriors, 2 for mages, and 2 for archers. There's more of a choice involved which brings me to the best part, the rivalry. Having "Magma Armour" and "Elite Armour" (if thats what they would be called) at the same level could cause a "Magma Guild" and "Elite Guild" bringing some intense competition amongst players, specifically PVP. It also might seem like a dead end like the Cosmo/Void/Rift/Cyber armour, but that competitive element between the Elite and Magma would be something that could bring players back once they have the armour.

Overall, this is my idea of what should be considered in future updates.

BlueMagma
12-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Campaigns have already been planned to level 100, and Alien Oasis is a trilogy.

Wow, never even heard of this. Anyway you can confirm it?

Kossi
12-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Campaigns have already been planned to level 100, and Alien Oasis is a trilogy.

whoa! 4.4k xp from 50 to 51...
about 200k xp from 99-100?

noobmigo
12-26-2010, 04:05 PM
lol, imagine filling 200k xp with the kind of xp we get nowadays.
which tells the devs that either we need HUMONGO xp pots, or to raise the xp you get from mobs on higher levels.

They could use gameloft's Dungeon Hunters 2 xp system for this. They designed a system that can have up to lvl 100, and it is not that slow. What's weird is that I was trying to get dungeon defenders and i sorta had a brain fart, and i accidently bought DH2. Now i'm (half) addicted. They have a multiplayer thing, just like PL.
DH2 reminded me so much of PL. So if the devs could take some stuff from DH2, and implement it into this game, it would make it so much better (hopefully)

P.S.
In the end, i finally got Dungeon Defenders
P.P.S
DH1 is cheaper and sorta like DH2, but no multiplayer online.

EricB
12-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I like the idea of having differents sets of Hi-level gears.