PDA

View Full Version : Future Crafting Event (Like Mothers Day) Modification

Thrindal
05-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I have rarely felt so strongly about something I felt the need to post but this is one of those times. While on the face of it the Mothers Day event was a nice little one weekend event it had several problems.

1. Essence drop rate was negatively effected in a big way. This resulted in a dramatic rise in Gem prices and difficulty in collecting essence on our own. To put it simply the 4 flowers were treated as Essence but the Essence drop rate was unchanged. This changed the chances of getting a Fire Essence (for example) from 1/3 when Essence dropped to 1/7. This is obviously a huge drop in the chance to receive any specific Essence.

2. The quest for Mothers Day only required 1 of each of the four flowers. There were no other uses for the flowers. Because this even was unusually long (A full week instead of 4 days) our inventory was constantly filled with useless flowers that we had to liquidate constantly instead of essences we could use.

3. The end date was extended in such a way some at STS didn't even realize it had been extended. Please if you announce an End Date to an event stick to it. This caused only frustration over flowers for this event but could result in more dramatic problems depending on the event (Mythic Event cough cough).

For the record I liked the limited time Vanity with stats but the crafting part (flowers in this case) caused a problem with another part of the game. Please try and separate limited time craftables (flowers) from permanent craftables (essences) in future similar events.

Some players like myself use the crafting system as a primary gold producer for us. Whether it is crafting purchased or farmed items we will often "perfect" an item in order to maximize return. Due to this essence issue most of us stopped our "production lines" and won't start again until gem prices stabilize again. We have determined the approximate cost and return ratios for items. With our costs doubling this threw all of our profit calculations out the door. Hence we lost a week of valuable production time. I am sure if a Merchant (Merch?) lost a week of sales they would be upset too...

I hope you will consider this for the future.

Thrindal

Foebegone
05-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Part of me likes that it upset a stabilised section of the economy, it induces variations which are fun in their own way. But I agree the event was kinda odd in the way it was run.

Almost like someone nearly forgot mothers day and had to get their event from the gas station on the way over ;)

Energizeric
05-16-2014, 01:38 PM
What would have been nice is if the flowers were useful in some other way. Like maybe make some vanity you could save up and buy if you had 12 bouquets or something like that -- something that required a "grind" for that week in order to get, so only a select few players get it.

Thrindal
05-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Part of me likes that it upset a stabilised section of the economy, it induces variations which are fun in their own way. But I agree the event was kinda odd in the way it was run.

Well like I said in my original post, if merchers were forced to give up merching for a week all "heck" would break loose. Crafters at this point are a much smaller part of the game so our voices are not as loud. I think our concerns are just as valid as the concerns of larger sub communities in the game. I felt that if I didn't post folks at STS would think "hey that was a great event!" and wouldn't realize the issues it caused. Now at least they know there was a problem with the event for some of us. Whether they do anything about those concerns is now up to them.

Thrindal

Thrindal
05-16-2014, 01:41 PM
What would have been nice is if the flowers were useful in some other way. Like maybe make some vanity you could save up and buy if you had 12 bouquets or something like that -- something that required a "grind" for that week in order to get, so only a select few players get it.

I agree that more uses for the flowers would have been nice! I would just like it better if their drop rate didn't effect the drop rate of essences which are a permanent part of the game.

allplay
05-16-2014, 08:27 PM
I thought they would use the left over flowers so we can exchange them to a npc for a floral vanity(lvl 1) weapon.