PDA

View Full Version : Platinum !

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes, I know platinum is used to gain cash for spacetimestudios, but I have a comment.

Can't just one platinum equal to 2500 gold? 3500 gold???... 5000????? one platinum SHOULD be around that range. I mean seriously...

TheBaconKing
05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Yes, I know platinum is used to gain cash for spacetimestudios, but I have a comment.

Can't just one platinum equal to 2500 gold? 3500 gold???... 5000????? one platinum SHOULD be around that range. I mean seriously...

Wait are you wanting to buy platinum with gold in game? If so it will never happen. Platinum is used to buy new campaigns. New campaigns cost real money, and if you could trade gold for plat then the devs would never make money.

If you are wanting to buy gold in game with plat, then I agree we should be able to. I know you could buy gold through iTunes, but I never checked to see if they switched it to plat as I never bought gold.

Then again gold is basically worthless. Once you hit around level 15 the grey and white items dropped are worth 150-200 gold a piece. Easy to make money, and there is nothing but potions to buy with it. That is until Secure Trade come out, and eventually the auction house.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I know all that. I'm just saying that if ONE (ONE!!!!) platinum can be worth lot of coins. And I mean a lot! So much that you can't get that many coins easily at all. Do u get what I'm sayin?

Banned
05-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Edit: I'm not quite getting you here.

TheBaconKing
05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I know all that. I'm just saying that if ONE (ONE!!!!) platinum can be worth lot of coins. And I mean a lot! So much that you can't get that many coins easily at all. Do u get what I'm sayin?

Not really 500 gold is $0.99 and 5 Platinum is $0.99. So your looking at 100 gold per platinum, not much at all.

Futumsh
05-08-2010, 04:49 PM
It's pretty straightforward - we make money to be able to run the service and continue developing the game by selling platinum. Players being in the game farming gold for extended periods costs us money running the service. Put the 2 together, and that means it's very unlikely that we will have a conversion from gold to platinum in game. That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be some in-game ways to get platinum, but any methods we do add for it won't be repeatedly farmable.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Exactly! gold is very low in value compared to real cash and platinum. Even though you calculated the results and found out that it is 100 gold per platinum, that would never happen. Gold is so low in value that it has to be like... 10000 gold per platinum (yes I know I said that it should be 5000 gold before, but never mind that). notice the 100 is squared (100*100=10000). Now, I think that should be a fair trade. 10000 gold = 1 platinum. That means 100000 gold equals one campaign, and 100000 gold is very difficult to obtain. All factors are satisfied :).

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-08-2010, 04:52 PM
What does it mean to farm gold? Does it mean to play 24/7 and get as much gold as you can? Just asking. :)

PvP
05-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Exactly! gold is very low in value compared to real cash and platinum. Even though you calculated the results and found out that it is 100 gold per platinum, that would never happen. Gold is so low in value that it has to be like... 10000 gold per platinum (yes I know I said that it should be 5000 gold before, but never mind that). notice the 100 is squared (100*100=10000). Now, I think that should be a fair trade. 10000 gold = 1 platinum. That means 100000 gold equals one campaign, and 100000 gold is very difficult to obtain. All factors are satisfied :).

Bro a dev just straight up told you it won't happen, with a full reason. The only way they might consider something like this is, you get 5000 kills in PvP and get a 5 platinum reward. Or make the top 20 in the leaderboards and get 100 platinum for free. Even this might be a little bit far fetched. Giving gold for platinum when everyone makes gold whether they want to or not, non-stop, is just silly.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh okay okay okay! I think we can make a compromise now. There should be an option to buy the ability to get platinum by spending gold. Let's negotiate the price? :D

Prest87
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Guys just listen to pvp, the devs need too make a big profit and they diserve it!!

TheBaconKing
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh okay okay okay! I think we can make a compromise now. There should be an option to buy the ability to get platinum by spending gold. Let's negotiate the price? :D

Why buy the ability to trade gold for platinum? Quit being cheap and just pay for the plat to buy the maps. Seriously it is like $2 a month. More if you are just starting out though.

It may not make much sense to you, but this game costs money just to be able to run it. Not even adding in the 6(?) developers that are currently working on it. All that costs money. Nothing in life is free. That includes platinum in the game Pocket Legends.

PvP
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM

Okay. There's an option that says Buy Platinum. That should give you an ability to buy platinum. I'm sorry but I really don't think anything other then grand achievements (possibly in the future) will be able to change this.

Rebel
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Think about this lightninglord. Would you rather have this game because the devs make real cash, or would you rather not play it at all because people didn't pay for platinum so the game shut down because of money loss. Think of buying platinum as a donation to spacetime studios.

Banned
05-08-2010, 08:17 PM

Just stop. The devs need money to run the servers, it's as simple as that. I honestly hope they NEVER allow you to obtain platnium without paying for it. In any way, shape, or form. EVER.

BestHyun
05-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Regarding the ingame method to obtain platinum
In my opinion, you are taking this game for granted. I believe it should cost more to play than it is right now based on the Dev's creativity and hard work. We should be thankful that we can buy a whole campaign, few cash items, or even some gold for a fraction of a high school kid's lunch money.

Regarding the concept of receiving more gold for your platinum
Since, secure trade and auction house is yet to come and the uses for gold is somewhat a minimum right now, we should wait it out. I'm sure the devs will speculate the economy to see how its growing or what the value of gold is when it is used as a main currency hence the trade updates. Then, they might increase the amount of gold you get for platinum (but I honestly don't know what will happen). Basically, I think gold value is gonna change after a few updates, so we should discuss after that.

^^

KingFu
01-15-2011, 03:37 AM

Pfft. If that every happened, I'd be rich with platinum. Yeah, 100K is SOOOO hard to obtain;)

superglut2
01-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Sounds good. And it would be fair.

KingFu
01-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Sounds good. And it would be fair.

I hope you're being sarcastic....

superglut2
01-15-2011, 07:17 AM
yea Lols :D