PDA

View Full Version : While we are on the elite subject

Twomucho
05-18-2014, 11:35 AM
How bout while the clock hasn't started in elite maps making it where any elixir is paused also? Would be a huge help when we are waiting on people to join map...just a suggestion, may have been made before, but thought I'd add it in here.

Legallyblonde
05-18-2014, 11:47 AM
+1 Best idea ever, this feature alone would have me doing elites some more.

Ishtmeet
05-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Great Idea. :banana:

Crowsfoot
05-18-2014, 12:05 PM
I'd rather see mobs no longer be immune to stun/banish in elite tindirin (especially komodos)

Madnex
05-18-2014, 01:15 PM
I'd rather see mobs no longer be immune to stun/banish in elite tindirin (especially komodos)
No sir, I disagree! The maps have already had their difficulty taken down when serpents and komodos were made rootable and snarable. There were also silent nerfs on various bosses like making Rendtail's mob vulnerable to knockdown, stun and ice or removing Arachna's "aftermob" - not to mention the effect of the red zones being shortened and extra seconds added in attack sequences to compensate for latency. Parking techniques, counting and killing the precise number of mobs needed, skipping mobs; I think we are at a good point of how hard an elite map should be at the moment.

@OP:
Helpful yes, unneeded though. If you're going to run elites with any group then good preparation is key. Just ask if everyone's ready in party chat and after their responses proceed in joining the map - letting them know that you are inside helps too.

basketholic209
05-18-2014, 07:58 PM
No sir, I disagree! The maps have already had their difficulty taken down when serpents and komodos were made rootable and snarable. There were also silent nerfs on various bosses like making Rendtail's mob vulnerable to knockdown, stun and ice or removing Arachna's "aftermob" - not to mention the effect of the red zones being shortened and extra seconds added in attack sequences to compensate for latency. Parking techniques, counting and killing the precise number of mobs needed, skipping mobs; I think we are at a good point of how hard an elite map should be at the moment.

@OP:
Helpful yes, unneeded though. If you're going to run elites with any group then good preparation is key. Just ask if everyone's ready in party chat and after their responses proceed in joining the map - letting them know that you are inside helps too.

I think what OP meant was when running with PUG.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
05-18-2014, 08:01 PM

@OP:
I'd like to see parking removed and I heard at one point it would be patched out.

VenomsChaos
05-18-2014, 08:33 PM
+1

i wished when i waiting in km3 for the ppls join " a icon can be onn - off elixir " while wait we can off and on run can onn "

but its not a good idea thats why didnt thinked it seriously...

but your idea is good.. on elite or timing maps hmm +10 to your great idea :)

Kreasadriii
05-19-2014, 03:50 AM
Briliatn idea ^^
Agreed with you, wasting elixir while waiting the other elite friends is make disadvantage

Rare
05-19-2014, 10:47 AM
@OP:

That's great if you never want to run pugs

Madnex
05-19-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see parking removed and I heard at one point it would be patched out.
The logic in which carapace mentioned that parking is flawed is very likely to produce a patch that will probably affect only a part of possible parking techniques. And judging by the delays in patching anything that is not directly related to platinum spending.. parking won't be going anywhere for a good while lol.

That's great if you never want to run pugs
What elites would a serious player run in PUG's? One of the main purposes of joining a guild is doing things together; includes receiving support in cases like elite maps (ok and the cheaper potions too). The few PUG's I've been into in elites are full of unorganized, inexperienced players who haven't quite grasped what elite means - not doing that ever again.

If someone's so cautious with not wasting elixirs, he/she should know how parties work. In my opinion, at least.

Rare
05-19-2014, 12:11 PM
The logic in which carapace mentioned that parking is flawed is very likely to produce a patch that will probably affect only a part of possible parking techniques. And judging by the delays in patching anything that is not directly related to platinum spending.. parking won't be going anywhere for a good while lol.

What elites would a serious player run in PUG's? One of the main purposes of joining a guild is doing things together; includes receiving support in cases like elite maps (ok and the cheaper potions too). The few PUG's I've been into in elites are full of unorganized, inexperienced players who haven't quite grasped what elite means - not doing that ever again.

If someone's so cautious with not wasting elixirs, he/she should know how parties work. In my opinion, at least.

I happen to find pugs ones of the greatest parts of these MMOs created by spacetime. The best way to meet people through gameplay and not socializing. But you're right... its all but been destroyed in Arcane Legends. Thus, nobody does it. You say pugs suck and you won't run them... I say pugs suck BECAUSE experienced players won't run them.

But this is a lot deeper than just the elixir tick.

Ihateppl
05-19-2014, 12:14 PM
+1, will save me lots of time.

basketholic209
05-19-2014, 01:47 PM

I've been at Republic of Indonesia guild since I started playing last September. My guildies rarely run elite maps so usually I can only depend on PUGs. I'm not gonna join another guild just because I wanna run elite maps or maybe PvP. For me, my guild is like my family (and it might be the same case as OP's). So I literally just gave up on elite maps, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

falmear
05-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I happen to find pugs ones of the greatest parts of these MMOs created by spacetime. The best way to meet people through gameplay and not socializing. But you're right... its all but been destroyed in Arcane Legends. Thus, nobody does it. You say pugs suck and you won't run them... I say pugs suck BECAUSE experienced players won't run them.

But this is a lot deeper than just the elixir tick.

From season 2 to 4 I ran PUGs quite often. However from season 5 and onward I stopped running in PUGs because the gear gap is too large. And the way the maps are designed from season 5 and onward, its pretty much either you don't die or plat revive is needed. Because the run back on these maps is quite long if you die and some people can't make it back. My guess is Elite Wilds is this season's PUG map but I tried to join a PUG and the people who showed up were seriously undergeared. So I just left because I didn't want to be there 30 mins. However between season 2 and 4 I met a lot of good people.

Twomucho
05-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Still think that this could be a major help to all players...talk to many in game who agree with a paused elixir system before elite clock begins, just hope it gets a little attention

Hectororius
05-26-2014, 11:03 PM
I'll +1 anything that stretches my elixir value a bit further. And even when you do have an organized party and everyone appears to be ready, you still have those stragglers.

would also be great if the elixir clock would stop after the boss is dead.

otakudesuu
05-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I agree with you. So should km3 and other maps with time do too

-no
05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Good idea