PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing password lock

Sicarii
05-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I noticed that if i password lock a room, and a friend on my friends list clicks "join," then they will automatically log into the room i am. In, without being asked for a password.

Futumsh
05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
That's as intended, at least currently. Passwords only prevent non-friends without the password from joining.

KongsNutz
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree this needs to be different.... I have made friends on PL but sometimes i don't want them joining my games for one reason of another...... bypassing the lock simply means your game can never be private unless you specifically tell your friends to leave all the time.

PvP
05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Maybe the feature isn't as convenient as it needs to be, but there is a boot button. I wouldn't complain too much unless there wasn't one.

Violentsaint
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Maybe the feature isn't as convenient as it needs to be, but there is a boot button. I wouldn't complain too much unless there wasn't one.

pvp has a good point, if you boot the person they cant join again, wich is good unless you boot someone by accident

BestHyun
05-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't know which is better, so I would like to want it how it is right now.

*Makes Private game to solo a map*
*Friend joins without asking*
Its a hassle to tell friends to leave politely (not knowing how many people or how frequently friends may join randomly)
Also, if you boot someone in your friends list. That person will probably won't see that as a nice thing to do.

If friends cant join another friend's room without asking for a password, then it would be a bigger hassle to message everyone the pass and making a game rather than just inviting.

Just throwing my opinion out there..

KongsNutz
05-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Here's my idea.

Password lock lock's out all.

You can invite friends to a locked game and they won't need a pass.

.... Should work ok.

BestHyun
05-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Here's my idea.

Password lock lock's out all.

You can invite friends to a locked game and they won't need a pass.

.... Should work ok.

I agree with this idea

Violentsaint
05-09-2010, 03:09 AM
i also agree with kongsnutz

btw when someone invites you to there game is there anyway to accept there invite, cos if someone invites me to there game i just click on there name in my friends list then join game...

p.s i think a spot should be reserved for a few minutes if the host leaves (e.g when i have to go into town to buy cheap potions, go to join my game again and some lvl 7 noob takes my spot)