PDA

View Full Version : So.. Can someone tell me WTF is up with this game now :)

TwinkTastical
12-27-2010, 01:17 AM
I heard people get autobanned for doing anything...?
Supposedly half of PL got banned?
Idk Wtf is going on... On vaca...
Enlighten me?:confused:

smoae
12-27-2010, 02:36 AM
1. We won the war
2. No more dirty talking
3. Kennedy was shot
4. Discovered fire
5. Flying cars invented

I might be a little mixed up, not sure.

KingFu
12-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Devs now review ALL chat, PM's and everything, not sure if it is auto-banning, but yeah, a ton of people got banned, mainly for "sexy talk" for 3 days, next is permanent, so 2 strikes and you are out, so I have been told. They are much more strict from the looks of it.

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 03:38 AM
They have gotten a lot more strict. I can see why though, they can't have a bunch of people running around sex talking each other up while kids play this game.

youngwizzy
12-27-2010, 03:39 AM
So is there like a list of words that will get u banned lol I'm kinda scared

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 03:41 AM
lol its not exactly words that are getting people banned. Its the conversations they are having. ^^^

djkrazze
12-27-2010, 03:44 AM
lol if u still dont get it, hang around forest haven! its like blind dates going on in there! totally weird!

Fyrce
12-27-2010, 03:06 PM
I think there're just a lot of sex fiends out there, lots of them kids. It's really weird and a bit disgusting the things they type. I'm guessing they're used to no online consequences. Hope they all get banned.

Behindthejab
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
When the purpose of the game is to commit genocide in order to take other races belongings, I find it amusing that "sex" talk is out of line.

The game is about killing, how is killing less obscene than sex?

nazgulking
12-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Lol! Agreed!

Herro
12-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I just realized you could report posts on forum too... :/

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 11:05 PM
When the purpose of the game is to commit genocide in order to take other races belongings, I find it amusing that "sex" talk is out of line.

lol it is because they make death look so friendly in this game :). Hell id let my kid play this game if I had one.

I do agree that we gotta cut sex talk down because kids do play this. But I also disagree because I am a teen, I remember all the filth and junk I knew when I was like 8. Hell I knew more about sex and bad words then my parents did! But where do you think they learn this junk from? From the internet!

When you google "bananas"the odds are you will get a picture of two asians wearing yellow thongs.

^^ Thats where it starts! :P

Kingofhurtz
12-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Now I'm scared. I must have at least 3 sex parties a day on PL in FH with my nooby friends! That's all I do anymore...jkz... Anyways...but I do say sexy alot in game, is that bannable?!

Herro
12-27-2010, 11:58 PM
lol king remember spoon? that was funny...
WTF wicked twinker is yours???? i didnt know that, i just knew it was a twink that was on my twinks list =)

Pharcyde
12-28-2010, 02:02 AM
lol Kingz. I got a friend that says "Hey sexy @** beast!" Every time he joins the party xD

Xymorg
12-28-2010, 10:17 AM

What a moral quandary.

Perhaps you should let the market decide which is more tolerable. Go ahead and make a Rule 34 PL clone and see how you do. I'm not sure how the patents and licensing work out, but for a sure-fire winner like Pr0n Legends, I'm sure you can justify your start-up costs.

Something tells me that when mom asks Timmy what he's doing on the phone, she'd much rather hear "Killing the Galactic Overlord with my friends" than " **insert bannably offensive activity here**".

Both Vegas and Disneyland make money. Mixing those markets hasn't historically been a great idea.

Pleasure_Pirate
12-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Whenever I see someone swearing or doing otherwise inappropriate things I report them.

Kids play this game too, no need to have their parents take it away just because some people are disrespectful.

Lesrider
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Whenever I see someone swearing or doing otherwise inappropriate things I report them.

Kids play this game too, no need to have their parents take it away just because some people are disrespectful.

Interesting screenname *cough*

Nightarcher
12-28-2010, 11:37 AM

1. War, especially against non-human species, is not the same as brutal murder.
2. This game is hardly "violent." Flashing lights and other colorful effects do not equal obscene like blood n' guts games.
3. If you want to use obscene/adult language, go somewhere where it's accepted. No need to bring it into a friendly, clean, fun iPhone RPG.
4. Based on the previous facts, the answer should be common-sense. If not... there's a problem.

Not flaming, just pointing out the obvious and that "sex talk" is not "no big deal." :)

Sigkill
12-28-2010, 11:41 AM
1. War, especially against non-human species, is not the same as brutal murder.
2. This game is hardly "violent." Flashing lights and other colorful effects do not equal obscene like blood n' guts games.
3. If you want to use obscene/adult language, go somewhere where it's accepted. No need to bring it into a friendly, clean, fun iPhone RPG.
4. Based on the previous facts, the answer should be common-sense. If not... there's a problem.

Not flaming, just pointing out the obvious and that "sex talk" is not "no big deal." :)

This is the only RPG for the iPhone sadly that is actually fun. if they make an RPG like Kalonline, or Guildwars, or Rappelz for the iPhone you can count on me leaving PL, but the earth will freeze over b4 that happens :D. And as I sort of agree with you, If people choose to talk like this (2 mature people) in a private message, I don't see the harms to the rest of the PL community.

Justg
12-28-2010, 11:50 AM
The problem is that A LOT of children play our game, and there is no way to guarantee that "2 mature people" are actually 2 mature people.

Lesrider
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
The problem is that A LOT of children play our game, and there is no way to guarantee that "2 mature people" are actually 2 mature people.

But if they're both participating in the conversation and neither one is complaining? I can understand getting rid of the pervs who are Pming unwanted messages. But if both people are equal participants in the conversation, and no one else is hearing it, what's the harm?
Seems to me that private messages should be left to each person whether to report or not. Public chat is a different story.

Still a bit creeped out about pms being read through without being reported. Do you guys read our forum pms as well?

Cormz
12-28-2010, 11:58 AM
ummmm... im 13 and i go to a private school. in 2nd grade i knew about sex and stuff so did every other person in my grade. by 4th grade we all knew about 95% of everything and this is a private catholic school so there is nothing bad that is going to happen having kids hear all the stuff on pl. i promise.

Galois
12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
They're protecting their interests. Even if both participants are "willing", it's sketchy for an adult to have "inappropriate" conversations with a minor. It just leads to problems. Even if it is within private messages, the medium is maintained by STS. With the anonymity of the internet, there is no way to guarentee someone is who they say they are. Chat can lead to other things, and STS is just being proactive in protecting their product and customers.

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 04:46 AM
^^^ The devs understand why we are so upset. But the point of all of this extra precaution that they are using is that they don't want to be sued! Last thing any company needs is to find themselves in court with a tainted child and p***ed off mother wanting every single dime they have for not protecting her child. (Yeah sounds unlikely, but look at the fool woman sueing McDonalds right now!)

MoarPewPew
12-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Can you make a mature server please. :P

Free character transfers too.

Solves all the problems. The user must agree that they are 17+ to access the mature server. Chat filters on the are less restricted on that server.

Also this could prevent nerd wars. ^_^ lol

TwinkTastical
12-29-2010, 04:01 PM

so... cussing is.. ok?

And mystic and i cant be homosexual anymore? that hurts my feelings.

Arterra
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
lol i will RUN next time i see Balonia. she must be a ban machine now ^^ if she is not already gone T.T

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
lol i will RUN next time i see Balonia. she must be a ban machine now ^^ if she is not already gone T.T

Nah shes still haunting the game in a long lost hidden charecter :). I just think its sad that she got perm banned for the small thing she did, especially considering that she has spent money on this game. Personally I think the devs need to be less harsh on players who have spent money on the game. Its pretty clear that Mike can get away with almost anything for purchasing 40k platinum :p.

I'm pretty sure if I was a dev, I would rather not ban of a paying customer to protect some 9 year old kid who is most likely not even gonna contribute a cent to the game.

Blaquehaaart
12-29-2010, 08:31 PM
ummmm... im 13 and i go to a private school. in 2nd grade i knew about sex and stuff so did every other person in my grade. by 4th grade we all knew about 95% of everything and this is a private catholic school so there is nothing bad that is going to happen having kids hear all the stuff on pl. i promise.

This is exactly why there must be strict enforcement.

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 02:34 AM
This is exactly why there must be strict enforcement.

Um why? She basically just said that theres nothing more she can learn about sex from this game since she knows a lot already.