View Full Version : what do you think about the comments from devs about the nerf?

Rescind
05-20-2014, 02:15 AM
for me i'm kind of sad that the nerfs will only be towards endgame. as i said before, if we were to add up the players in 1-71, they outnumber the players in endgame. i wish they nerfed some things in lower lvls and buffed some things in lower lvls as well. i personally am not an endgame pvper so i'm kind of bummed because the damage nerf kind of ruined nukes and birds just can't compete with other classes below 51 even with fbows

MightyMicah
05-20-2014, 09:50 AM
I agree. Part of why I approached balance the way I did in my thread was in hopes of helping the foundation of the entire game, and not just end game. It seems that the devs have their hands full with AL and whatever else they're working on, and don't have the time needed to dedicate to balancing PL across the board. It's too bad :( Aaannnd, it's another reason I've been playing Guild Wars 2 a lot recently. ;)

Bous
05-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Totally, lower level needs to be more nukey. Like the old skills. And rhino packs and forg bows 10-26 are still pretty op

Rescind
05-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Totally, lower level needs to be more nukey. Like the old skills. And rhino packs and forg bows 10-26 are still pretty op

The thing is birds can't compete against all the other classes in those lvls even with the rhino pack and fbow

Samhayne
05-20-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm just looking for some knobs to turn to help you guys have more fun in PvP. I really appreciate the time you guys are taking to provide feedback.

programmed
05-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Sam, Its great that you guys are trying to balance Pvp again and we all appreciate it. But it seems right now you are just focusing on endgame. Yes, endgame is pretty messed up by what I hear but so are other parts of Pvp. I personally am not an endgame player and neither are many others. The people who don't endgame are a larger number than the ones who do endgame. I think it would've been better to start at the levels with the most people so there are less complaints.

Lexlyde
05-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Sam, Its great that you guys are trying to balance Pvp again and we all appreciate it. But it seems right now you are just focusing on endgame. Yes, endgame is pretty messed up by what I hear but so are other parts of Pvp. I personally am not an endgame player and neither are many others. The people who don't endgame are a larger number than the ones who do endgame. I think it would've been better to start at the levels with the most people so there are less complaints.

I play low level just because endgame isnt enjoyable for me. Some twink lvl are probably messed up aswell, but most urgent problem is endgame atm.

Reunegade
05-20-2014, 03:55 PM
If you do not endgame, how do you assume that endgame is not the main problem?

programmed
05-20-2014, 04:27 PM
If you do not endgame, how do you assume that endgame is not the main problem?

Just because I don't now doesn't mean I didn't before. Endgame has a lot of problems but I'm saying the majority of players play low level too and there are also a lot of problems there.

Reunegade
05-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Just because I don't now doesn't mean I didn't before. Endgame has a lot of problems but I'm saying the majority of players play low level too and there are also a lot of problems there.
But, according to when you did play endgame, the problem in endgame is at this cap, not at Mount Fang.

programmed
05-20-2014, 04:57 PM
But, according to when you did play endgame, the problem in endgame is at this cap, not at Mount Fang.

Yes I did have a fox and I have a mage at endgame now.

Rescind
05-20-2014, 05:51 PM
in lower lvls, crushing blow takes away more damage than damage buffs give.. also bears are the only class with 60 damage buffs. why is that when birds get no damage buffs with nerfed buffs when they are considered the main dps dealers?

Lexlyde
05-20-2014, 05:58 PM
in lower lvls, crushing blow takes away more damage than damage buffs give.. also bears are the only class with 60 damage buffs. why is that when birds get no damage buffs with nerfed buffs when they are considered the main dps dealers?

Birds are underpowered on low levels, OKAY its probably one of this biggest problem. But honestly.... I think a lot of players play low level because endgame is actually just a joke...

Once endgame is balanced, lvl61s will not see me for a while.

Rescind
05-20-2014, 07:04 PM
But playing endgame can be fun for so long. If you were to have changes that affect all pvp levels, I think it'll provide a diverse pvp environment with somewhat decent balances.

Jyuu1205
05-20-2014, 07:32 PM
1. Plat packs HAVE to be nerfed, they are like the old FB's when they weren't nerfed. Imagine this, l40 merges to 31 game and the 31 mage tries to defend himself, but the opponent bear has around 50-60 dodge along with +60 damage with rage and when the mage is stunned by the reaper and sms or w/e, it's an automatic loss.
2. Birds have to get pumped up a little, they are way too weak. I only see 1-2 birds every once in a while. Iceberg longsword damage nerf should be considered along with banjo and other long swords at 30-35.
3. Mage heal lag << this thing is really messed up lol, has to be fixed also and idk, mage in general has frostbite lag sometimes too.
4. Fox, these guys got really pumped up after their boost from the past updates. Even though mages can handle them, they are pretty op.
5. Bears, DODGE is way too op, giving big egos to people at 35-40. 30 under bears actually require skills but look, 50 dodge against a 85-90 attack shivering mage --> cb and hs, the shivering mage's damage becomes NEGATIVE <<.
6. Rhinos, I never tried rhino but their plat pack seems to be op at 20.

Well here are some stuff I came up with that seemed to be a problem in pvp. I hope you considere these a little and try to improve on the parts that are a bit disappointing. Thanks Sam and the devs.

MightyMicah
05-20-2014, 08:49 PM
1. Plat packs HAVE to be nerfed, they are like the old FB's when they weren't nerfed. Imagine this, l40 merges to 31 game and the 31 mage tries to defend himself, but the opponent bear has around 50-60 dodge along with +60 damage with rage and when the mage is stunned by the reaper and sms or w/e, it's an automatic loss.
2. Birds have to get pumped up a little, they are way too weak. I only see 1-2 birds every once in a while. Iceberg longsword damage nerf should be considered along with banjo and other long swords at 30-35.
3. Mage heal lag << this thing is really messed up lol, has to be fixed also and idk, mage in general has frostbite lag sometimes too.
4. Fox, these guys got really pumped up after their boost from the past updates. Even though mages can handle them, they are pretty op.
5. Bears, DODGE is way too op, giving big egos to people at 35-40. 30 under bears actually require skills but look, 50 dodge against a 85-90 attack shivering mage --> cb and hs, the shivering mage's damage becomes NEGATIVE <<.
6. Rhinos, I never tried rhino but their plat pack seems to be op at 20.

Well here are some stuff I came up with that seemed to be a problem in pvp. I hope you considere these a little and try to improve on the parts that are a bit disappointing. Thanks Sam and the devs.

Spot on

Caiahar
05-20-2014, 09:02 PM
No luv for rhino? :(

Laar
05-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Well, birds can never beat rhinos at 56 so no luv from birds

Caiahar
05-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Theres a pro bird called iinateii who renamed that xould beat rhinos ez with obed dagger set and obed xbow set
He was really good tho

Laar
05-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Theres a pro bird called iinateii who renamed that xould beat rhinos ez with obed dagger set and obed xbow set
He was really good tho
I remember that guy, used to farm and boost off my 51.

Rescind
05-20-2014, 10:36 PM
And to mention something about CB. CB takes away 30dodge at lvl6 which makes the dodge buffs obsolete for birds and foxes