PDA

View Full Version : Your online security.

Seratonin
12-27-2010, 03:06 AM
This is for everyone thinking about sharing any of your personal information with anyone on the internet. Just some lessons I learned, and I hope you heed my advice.

DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ON THE INTERNET!

People like to lie and post fake photos of who they are!

Do not take anyone's word for what they tell you.

Do not lie about your age to make yourself seem cooler.

Do not mislead people into thinking that you are something you aren't.

Do not engage in "Sexy talk" with anyone who you are not sure of their age.

To prevent the above, do not engage in "Sexy talk" at all!

In short, I don't want/need anyone younger than 18 hitting on me, or pretending that they are older than they really are.

If you do give out your personal information, you better be prepared to back up your lies! There is no such thing as 'secure' or 'private' on the internet. There are many ways around these terms. Something that has been said to be 'impossible' is only considered a challenge to determined people.

There are many creepy/crazy/stupid people in the world, and you never know who you will run into next who will take your misleading/false information, find out otherwise, and continue to be creepy.

So basically what happened to me was this... Met a girl, she said she was 22, we talked, exchanged email addies, eventually exchanged phone numbers, after much talk, was told that she instead of 22 was 19. The kinds of things that she talks about are 18+ material, and it was really misleading. I checked up on all of this, searched what I was told, and found out she was only 14/15. I also found out the state/city/school she lived in/went to. Her mother's name, and her friends name. All names have been omitted, and history will be cleared of everything I found. I do not need any of that information, and I would never give it to anyone else, so don't ask. I confronted, and received more lies, and today, all info was 'blocked' only proving me more right. I do not seek revenge, or wish to out anyone, but if this kind of behavior from people I know to be <18 continues, I will inform the proper authority(parents) of what is happening so that they can be responsible and monitor their children's safety better.

So anyways. Moral of the story here is:
1. Don't trust what people tell you on the internet without solid, undeniable proof.
2. Don't lie to people on the internet about who or what you are, and expect no consequences.
3. Telling other people your personal information not only puts you at risk, but also your family at risk. You need to think about those around you before you make the choice to give out your personal information.

I hope that if you are not at a mature enough age to be making life decisions on your own that you will read and understand that I do not want you to be targeted, or preyed upon by someone who has no morals or values. YOU are the number one security for your personal security on the internet. You should never allow anyone you do not know to have any sort of access to anything they can use against you i.e. (pictures, phone number, where you live, where you're going, how long you'll be gone, real name, real names of family, anything that could make you a target basically.)

Please be more careful with your personal information. Don't get yourself into something you cannot handle! Please do not lie to others about your age.

regie831
12-27-2010, 03:32 AM
uh what's this got to do with pocket legends?

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 03:40 AM
^^^ has everything to do with pocket legends Regie. If you haven't noticed lately, people are actually getting into contact with other Pocket Legends players. Also the amount of online dating going on in Forest Haven is pretty crazy...

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Yikes is this about who I think it's about?

TheLaw
12-27-2010, 09:10 AM

Who? O.o OMG, better not be those few.

Bologna
12-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Changed my mind on my response to this... This is so ridiculous. All I can do is lmao at this point! Lololololol!!!

Junside
12-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Also the amount of online dating going on in Forest Haven is pretty crazy...

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo l

The message you have entered is too short. Please defeat 20 more ninjas.

and to the OP... You're right, don't trust women online. They're GIRLS... Guys in Real Life.

FluffNStuff
12-27-2010, 12:19 PM
OMG like totally TMI ...

http://i1.tinypic.com/543v9j9.gif

smoae
12-27-2010, 02:56 PM
OMG like totally TMI ...

http://i1.tinypic.com/543v9j9.gif
lmao this vid gets funnier every time

regie831
12-27-2010, 03:30 PM
^^^ has everything to do with pocket legends Regie. If you haven't noticed lately, people are actually getting into contact with other Pocket Legends players. Also the amount of online dating going on in Forest Haven is pretty crazy...

well I guess not, haven't been playing for the past few weeks. So I'm guessing half the players in PL will get banned?

Seratonin
01-17-2011, 12:57 AM

yes... yes it is and they posted on this very page >.> She thinks it's funny, but it's not at all. Not funny whatsoever.

Physiologic
01-17-2011, 02:03 AM
So basically what happened to me was this... Met a girl, she said she was 22, we talked, exchanged email addies, eventually exchanged phone numbers, after much talk, was told that she instead of 22 was 19. The kinds of things that she talks about are 18+ material, and it was really misleading. I checked up on all of this, searched what I was told, and found out she was only 14/15.

she talks about are 18+ material

Ayrilana
01-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Kids these days...

Timmeee
01-17-2011, 03:42 AM
jesus!!!!! reeally thats kind of gross.

Zerious
01-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Physio, be careful there :/ don't want the pedo stamp on your forehead... But yes, Dating online ends in failurism. Besides real life dating is much better... and more fun :D

Dizzy
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I've come to know, befriend, meet up with, and almost-date people from online. My best friend and I "met" through an online fan forum and after talking for 3 years, finally met this past summer. Some of my online friends are just as real as my RL friends.

Then again, I'm an adult and know the pitfalls and risks. It really concerns me that there are underage kids pretending to be older and flirting with adults in this game. First of all, they're entrapping an adult in a potentially illegal situation. But second of all, they are endangering themselves because they have NO IDEA the predators online that they might attract.

Kids... if you can lie about your age and who you are, ANYONE can. Just because you know how to flirt and are fluent in Adult Situations doesn't make you an adult.

Sorry, but as a mom, this stuff scares the heck out of me.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Again, no proof has been offered, so why should we take one person's word over another?
I've known Bal longer, and I don't know why I should treat her differently just because Sera made some accusations he won't back up.

FluffNStuff
01-17-2011, 08:33 PM
FINE! I admit it, I am not really a stuffed bear that belonged to Christopher Robin in 1926!!!!
Are you happy!

Google ... Killing the 'R' in RPG since 2001.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
FINE! I admit it, I am not really a stuffed bear that belonged to Christopher Robin in 1926!!!!
Are you happy!

Google ... Killing the 'R' in RPG since 2001.

Lol. Welcome back, Fluff!

Fyrce
01-18-2011, 12:41 AM
I always assume anyone asking about girls, wanting a girlfriend, wanting sex talk, talking sexy or talking extremely rudely are likely to be mal-adjusted types and/or underage kids who do not know what appropriate language is. Because they talk like they're in a movie. I don't respond because what comes out of these people's dialogs is so unreal, they themselves cannot be real.

TwinkTastical
01-18-2011, 01:37 AM
So, bottom line, you tried to get into an Erelationship.... And found out she was 14... LMFAO?
More than anything, this makes me laugh my *** off irl.

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Internet rule #1 Stay away from TT

TwinkTastical
01-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Internet rule #1 Stay away from TT

If you come closer, ill give you a cookie.

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:40 AM
If you come closer, ill give you a cookie.

Nty.

Do you have candy in the back of you mini van though?

TwinkTastical
01-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Nty.

Do you have candy in the back of you mini van though?

Nope, ive got candy in the front seat of my mini van.... And a warm class of milk to wash down those resees.

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Nope, ive got candy in the front seat of my mini van.... And a warm class of milk to wash down those resees.

Need any help finding your puppy?

TwinkTastical
01-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Need any help finding your puppy?

I think its hiding in my garage.

KingFu
01-18-2011, 01:45 AM
K, well uh, you're not very good at this. Good day to you sir.

TwinkTastical
01-18-2011, 01:48 AM
K, well uh, you're not very good at this. Good day to you sir.

Mmmmk........

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 01:53 AM
I think its hiding in my garage.

more like in your dungeon-like basement.