PDA

View Full Version : What keeps you playing?

xcainnblecterx
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Im curious as to what keep you all playing. Ive been wanting to get back into al but im finding it hard due to how hard gear is.to obtain. Basically unless you merch, have alot of time, or save and sell alot of crates you hardly come across money. Running the new maps even proves difficult as is so i cant imagine elites unless youre able to gear up from this seasons elite pinks which requires the first problem im having. I got friends that would like me to come back and i dont mind sticking around to chat but typing is not my thing. So all this wraps up into me asking this question of how you all stick around. What kept me playing pl for so long and even occasionally now is farming is a option. The thrill of actually seeing a pink drop within a hour even if its not to you is nice but here in al..... Also to top it all off we lost one of the best devs, delphina. Maybe i just need get back into the flow, respec a bit, and see whats actually around to farm that sells so i can gear up (actually im still 36 so that may explain why the new maps are harsh)

Instanthumor
05-20-2014, 04:02 PM
I play literally for 1v1's. Without them, this wouldn't be a game for me.

Kellhus
05-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Tbh, nothing. I haven't logged in in couple weeks except for maybe once or twice to check ah or run few maps before bored again.
For you, you should level up. But tbh the game is pretty bleh atm, imo. Ive even lost interest in pvp.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Rare
05-20-2014, 05:08 PM
The people

Solid
05-20-2014, 05:25 PM
I didn't choose the AL life, the AL life chose me!

Legallyblonde
05-20-2014, 05:30 PM
I stay alot for the social aspect of arcane legends. Which is probably the main reason anyone would play a mmo. I don't like having to farm for hours on luck or do these hard elites for green drops. The only thing that makes it bearable is the variety of people I meet. (Shoutouts to you Cookiepie, Cookiejam, and Finlandia!)

Titanium
05-20-2014, 05:32 PM

Can i quote you , sir?

Stay Titanium

Roxxxanna
05-20-2014, 05:36 PM
The amazing people I have met in-game as well as the friendships I still have with those people after they are gone. That keeps me playing. Without them, I wouldn't be the player I am today. On a side note, farming is fun for me. Knowing that my hard work will actually lead to something (like a locked, or wrathjaw, or even getting that elusive 4 ap I needed so badly to cap).. just some other reasons it keeps me interested. As long as I set goals for myself and my characters, I won't get bored.

Kellhus
05-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Goals all met, 3/4 of the friends i know for long time, gone. Others i chat with via other methods, so yea, nothing much atm. I'm hoping soon there will be bc I'll be pretty upset all my hard work for moot already.

Wutzgood
05-20-2014, 06:12 PM
My quest to obtain one of every piece of Mage gear. Although gearing up my other 2 mains and my 3 twinks has slowed it down considerably lately. Those last few pieces I need will keep me playing till I complete my collection.

Madnex
05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Basically, if you have your mythic set, you're set to go (pun intended).

AL is still an interesting game with loads of aspects to delve into. I suggest you try leveling up to 40 first (41 is definitely worth it though, just later) because it makes a very large difference on mob difficulty. Run at the following places:

-First and second map on Shuyal (party with at least one L40, the more the merrier for your EXP multiplier).
-Kraag Tombs IV. The fourth map has been mathematically proven to be the fastest way to earn EXP in any tombs dungeons and pretty much overall your best choice.

Then join a good active guild that does more than chatting and hanging around (eg. Elite Runners, Pheonix, etc.). Once you get 41 the elites are at their proper difficulty and with a few runs in an experienced team, you'll learn everything you need to farm them. So for the farming-gold raising parth you have two paths:

-Buy Luck elixir kits from auction (9k each) and farm Kraken Mines III. Within thirty minutes you'll get approximately 4-5 locked crates which go for 9k each ATM and will go up to 14k when the new mythics are implemented in them soon.
-Buy Luck elixir kits from auction and farm elite maps. After you get the hang of it, you're looking at 10 up to 20 minute runs depending on location (optimal is Caves of Tarewa at ) with possibility of 100k up to 2m drops.

PvP is not going to be very much fun without gear, just throwing a warning in here.

Good luck. :)

Hectororius
05-20-2014, 06:51 PM
This weekend happens to be double XP weekend too, so a good time to grind!

What keeps me playing? The people. The game is still fun and I enjoy playing and farming despite the awful looting lately. And even though we all wish for those super clean efficient runs, there the times when everything goes wrong that tend to be the most memorable!

Like that time when we were trying for elite bloodhammer II AP and after a couple false starts and resets, and 1:30 later, we did it!

That's why I play the game.

xcainnblecterx
05-20-2014, 07:22 PM

AL is still an interesting game with loads of aspects to delve into. I suggest you try leveling up to 40 first (41 is definitely worth it though, just later) because it makes a very large difference on mob difficulty. Run at the following places:

-First and second map on Shuyal (party with at least one L40, the more the merrier for your EXP multiplier).
-Kraag Tombs IV. The fourth map has been mathematically proven to be the fastest way to earn EXP in any tombs dungeons and pretty much overall your best choice.

Then join a good active guild that does more than chatting and hanging around (eg. Elite Runners, Pheonix, etc.). Once you get 41 the elites are at their proper difficulty and with a few runs in an experienced team, you'll learn everything you need to farm them. So for the farming-gold raising parth you have two paths:

-Buy Luck elixir kits from auction (9k each) and farm Kraken Mines III. Within thirty minutes you'll get approximately 4-5 locked crates which go for 9k each ATM and will go up to 14k when the new mythics are implemented in them soon.
-Buy Luck elixir kits from auction and farm elite maps. After you get the hang of it, you're looking at 10 up to 20 minute runs depending on location (optimal is Caves of Tarewa at ) with possibility of 100k up to 2m drops.

PvP is not going to be very much fun without gear, just throwing a warning in here.

Buying elixers are a thing now? Well maybe farming will be a bit.better then. Thanks for the other tips, well aware pvp is shot without proper gear. After 31 cap mythics and arcanes began to run pvp.

Seems every one else plays mostly for the social aspect....now if sts implemented a voice.chat or phones had a think like ventrilo or team speak id be talking all day lol

Taejo
05-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Hey Cannible, good to see you lurking around the forums still. I took 6 months off from the game and just recently got back into it. From an end-gamer standpoint, not much as changed. The friendships and fond memories are what made me return. I suppose you will have to find what keeps you interested in the game and simply indulge in it. As far as gearing up - no problem! Gems are super cheap to upgrade your armor and if you have friends who are familiar with elites, then you're good to go. I came back to the game with only 3m gold in my pocket (trust me, that's poor now days) and I seem to be doing fairly well. Feel free to hit me up in game if you want to run some maps.

Crowsfoot
05-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Very descriptive, your adaptation of an overused catch phrase was very helpful

Narb
05-20-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm waiting for Pacifist Command to be released!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?572-SPACETIME-STUDIOS-ANNOUNCES-MOST-INNOVATIVE-BUILD-BATTLE-GAME-EVER-PACIFIST-COMMAND!

Xyzther
05-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Motivation to have the most pve kills

Doobiez
05-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Killing in pvp

Xbadboyx
05-20-2014, 10:30 PM
The nice ppl

Froxanthar
05-21-2014, 03:13 AM
What keeps me playing is waiting for the Slag weekend.

via orange caramel app.

Kellhus
05-21-2014, 04:26 AM
What keeps me playing is waiting for the Slag weekend.

via orange caramel app.

Amen to that!

Keshav Agarwal
05-21-2014, 04:43 AM
comminuty here

Alhuntrazeck
05-21-2014, 05:07 AM
Hey Cainn, hope u get back into AL soon haha, miss ya.

Endgame PvP is boring atm, its all Karma vs Magnum & MMPH, you'll find yourself in the crossfire. Better farm for crates and sell during the mythic weekend. If you go at 10 a day you can get rich plenty fast. From then on its a ladder; you can just keep getting richer and richer by merching farming etc.

@Bolded section: Was that pun intended? Lol.

Endkey
05-21-2014, 05:20 AM
My friends..nothing else...