PDA

View Full Version : Problem with logging on with Google Chrome

Hummer
05-20-2014, 06:31 PM
I logged off and on earlier today, but when I tried getting on AL again, I couldn't log in to my main character.

My main account is on my gmail account, while I have an alt on my Spacetime account. I couldnt log in with my Gmail, but the Spacetime account worked fine.

The picture shows where the problem is. The login window on gmail get stuck here, and that again keeps me from logging in. Any tips/ideas?

Ive restarted the Mac and reinstalled Google Chrome as well. I didnt upgrade/update anything from the time it worked to the time it didnt.

Madnex
05-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Some ideas you might want to try:

Clear cache manually. Synchronized data issue maybe?
Try F5'ing the URL on the popup window.
Try playing on an incognito tab (Alt + Shift + N).
Try following the link below that leads to your apps control tab on your google account, revoke Arcane Legends permissions and refresh game.

https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions?hl=en&pli=1

Bladez
05-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Exact same issue here :/

Ravager
05-20-2014, 10:45 PM
Its an issue with the latest version of Chrome (35). Reverting to an older version resolved my issue with it.

Hummer
05-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Its an issue with the latest version of Chrome (35). Reverting to an older version resolved my issue with it.

Thanks, Rav. I've been looking for an older version of Google Chrome for Mac, but I cant find one. I guess I'll just have to look more.

Madnex
05-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Good info.

Just make sure it's above version 31 because that's also required for the game to run. It's working smoothly on 33.

Bladez
05-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks, Rav. I've been looking for an older version of Google Chrome for Mac, but I cant find one. I guess I'll just have to look more.

If somebody finds a way to obtain & install an older version (say, Chrome 34 for Mac), I'd appreciate it being posted here. My searches have come up empty -- Google appears not to host older versions, and sites such as Softonic that look like they offer them simply link to the Chrome site, which once again only offers the latest version. I filed a ticket yesterday with STS, but nothing so far... for now, I'm out of the game.

Ravager
05-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Ive tested 26 and 34 for windows. If I find an older version for mac, I will repost but it may be hard to find.

Ravager
05-21-2014, 12:12 PM
I found 34 for mac on a torrent site. Doubt I could post the link and since I dont have a mac, I cant test it. Good luck.

Hummer
05-21-2014, 12:22 PM
I found 34 for mac on a torrent site. Doubt I could post the link and since I dont have a mac, I cant test it. Good luck.

Ok, thanks. I will try to go to different torrentsites next.

@Bladez I will post a link if I find anything that works. Meanwhile I suggest you make a Spacetime account if you dont already own one and send STS an email requesting a character transfer.

Hummer
05-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks to Ravangers advice I found a torrent that works smoothly.

Link http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10145002/Google_Chrome_34.0.1847.137_Final_(Mac)_[FileSick]

Azcox
05-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Same problem i cant log in google+ any one solve this yet ?

Hummer
05-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Install an older version of google chrome. Follow the link I posted in #11.

Ravager
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM

Install an older version of google chrome. Follow the link I posted in #11.

Yes. That should work for mac. If it is windows, search for a version of chrome 34 or below.

Peer
05-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Cant find 1 of version 34 or 33. Can anyone point out?

Ravager
05-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Cant find 1 of version 34 or 33. Can anyone point out?

For pc, I found 26 on oldversion.com and that is the version I am currently using on my laptop.

Peer
05-22-2014, 01:46 AM
For pc, I found 26 on oldversion.com and that is the version I am currently using on my laptop.

Thanks Ill check that out!

Sheebatheone
05-22-2014, 02:37 AM
Hello guys,

I had the same problem with log-in in Chrome yesterday, due to this new 35 v. I tried so many solution, including restoring Windows before this new version was installed, but Google likes its software to be up-to-date no matter what. What I may suggest is that you will install any working previous version of Chrome (I installed 25) with a standalone installer (you should have internet disabled during this whole process). Then open Chrome, type chrome://plugins in address bar, scroll down and disable Google Update. It worked perfectly for my case. Don't forget you have disabled this in the future.

Hope it helps.
Regards.

Peer
05-22-2014, 03:14 AM

Can you specify the version? There are lots of version 26 on oldversion.com

Thanks!

Sheebatheone
05-22-2014, 04:04 AM
25.0.1364.84 beta is what I used.

Edit: Check Program Files folder, Google/Chrome folder, there is an application called "Google Update" or just "Update" which is installed together with Google products... it is an application which runs in background, no matter if you have disabled auto update in plugins. I deleted this application (after forced end process in task manager) , because this 25 version I installed was updated to 35 once again, a few minutes ago and I had to retake all the above steps. It's really annoying.

Alhuntrazeck
05-22-2014, 07:28 AM
For clarification, CTRL + Shift + N opens an incognito tab.

Ravager
05-22-2014, 12:39 PM

Can you specify the version? There are lots of version 26 on oldversion.com

Thanks!

Any should do.

Valkiryas
05-22-2014, 02:42 PM
I have the same proble :(

Ravager
05-22-2014, 05:56 PM
I have the same proble :(

Did yoy try an older version as suggested?

Peer
05-22-2014, 08:37 PM
25.0.1364.84 beta is what I used.

Edit: Check Program Files folder, Google/Chrome folder, there is an application called "Google Update" or just "Update" which is installed together with Google products... it is an application which runs in background, no matter if you have disabled auto update in plugins. I deleted this application (after forced end process in task manager) , because this 25 version I installed was updated to 35 once again, a few minutes ago and I had to retake all the above steps. It's really annoying.

All my downloads says unresponsive page. :( I guess I'll have to play in tablet and wait for next google update. Thanks anyways!

Rezaryo Full Reloaded
05-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Dear sts.. I need help here.. I can't log in via gmail
this is the screenshot.. thx

Jenvy
05-22-2014, 09:03 PM
v35 and v36 are just well and truly f-ed up.

going to take a lot of tweaking to get them compatible.

firechandra
05-23-2014, 02:38 AM
I've got the same problem solve it soon please

Foebegone
05-23-2014, 06:10 AM
Can we please stop promoting the use of older browsers. They get updates for good reasons. This, baring an outage of the google api, is affecting v35, v36 and v37.

Is this being looked into by the devs?

firechandra
05-23-2014, 07:04 AM
If they can't fix the problem in a short time I hope it's possible to "transfer" the account to an e-mail at least, e-mail account still work on chrome

Ravager
05-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Can we please stop promoting the use of older browsers. They get updates for good reasons. This, baring an outage of the google api, is affecting v35, v36 and v37.

Is this being looked into by the devs?

Its not promoting it but an optional workaround that works for many including myself.

Jenvy
05-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Its not promoting it but an optional workaround that works for many including myself.

And that's fine, but we all need to stop supplying it as the go-to solution for this recurring problem.

Before everything else, it's STS' job to make sure their game works on the current iteration of offered platforms. The game is marketed as available to play on the Chrome platform, with google login. If google login only works on old versions of Chrome highly susceptible to warez, then they need to market the game as such.

The easiest fix to this problem, without having to change anything, would be to automatically convert all g+ accounts to spacetime email accounts. They'd never have to deal with this crap again.

Bunny♥
05-23-2014, 08:55 AM
phew good to hear its not just me who got this problem, i think most of the gmail users got this currently. They should fix this asap.

Dill1sHere
05-23-2014, 09:00 AM
phew good to hear its not just me who got this problem, i think most of the gmail users got this currently. They should fix this asap.

I am not sure they can afford not fixing it, seems like a huge chunk of people affected by this

Bunny♥
05-23-2014, 09:06 AM
I am not sure they can afford not fixing it, seems like a huge chunk of people affected by this

ya, i already tried all the steps posted above but still nothing happened. I have no prob if they will transfer it to spacetime email or what, as long as I got my 3 toons in that acc its all fine. They should make a quick action for this since many players are into hunt mode atm as the new client update is officially on his way in game.

Ravager
05-23-2014, 09:25 AM

And that's fine, but we all need to stop supplying it as the go-to solution for this recurring problem.

Before everything else, it's STS' job to make sure their game works on the current iteration of offered platforms. The game is marketed as available to play on the Chrome platform, with google login. If google login only works on old versions of Chrome highly susceptible to warez, then they need to market the game as such.

The easiest fix to this problem, without having to change anything, would be to automatically convert all g+ accounts to spacetime email accounts. They'd never have to deal with this crap again.

Agreed. This was a past workaround for the 90%+ loading errors as well.

Another workaround that theoretically should work but I have not had time to test is this.

Use Google Chrome 35 for your normal use. Find and use Portable Google Chrome 34 just for Arcane Legends. I have not had time to test this as an option but I think it should work.

Just trying to assist those in this predicament until sts/google resolves the situation.

Converting the emails would be rough since I dont believe end users have access to a @spacetimestudios.com email address. Setting up a webserver to handle it and all the users could be a lot of work.

I have a gmail account use with the game for both google login and email login so they cant just convert it to standard email login without disrupting that portion.

Foebegone
05-23-2014, 09:33 AM

it can be optional and promoting ;) they are not mutually exclusive.

It annoys me more that there is no response from the devs. Just a 'We are aware and are looking into the issue' would go a long way to build confidence.

The last time there were issues with chrome there was the same 'ooh revert to v26 and it will be fine' with detailed guides how to turn off auto updates. These should have been stopped by the mods as they are in effect condoning this behaviour of moving to an insecure browser. I moved off the chrome DEV build a while back and I really hope this isn't a case of poor testing on STSs behalf it would be disappointing if this could have been spotted months in advance :/

Jenvy
05-23-2014, 09:43 AM
I moved off the chrome DEV build a while back and I really hope this isn't a case of poor testing on STSs behalf it would be disappointing if this could have been spotted months in advance :/

It definitely could have been prevented. I posted a thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?148029-Google-login) a solid month ago when beta was in 35. No dev responded, only fellow users doing their best to help.

Foebegone
05-23-2014, 10:36 AM
I had a feeling I moved of DEV cos AL stopped working but couldn't remember so did not want to accuse STS of being at fault.