PDA

View Full Version : Guild rankings - A glitched equation?

Jexetta
05-21-2014, 03:12 PM
STG,

Just a simple question and whatever the explanation it's something I've always suspected with the guild ranking system variable at the 'days active side'. Until today I don't think i had a footing to base my question on but here it is :

How is it that the newest guild is the most active at the 30 day mark, 15 day mark, and 7 day mark?

I thought i saw a post saying when the guild (Karma) was created, If I remember correctly, 3-4 days ago? I guess the equation just pushes the data across from the 1st day to the second day etc, but when you think about these categories logically, wouldn't it stand that a newly created guild (if they have enough aps to meet the top 50 guild rank threshold) should always be 50th place at the 30 day category since they haven;'t even been around for 30 days? Same goes for 15 days? It just came across as odd to me, I know I have a magnum title - I'm in no way doing this out of animosity, I think it's awesome they achieved so much by coming together and offer a big congratulations, but I do think it's odd they would be #1 in a category when they haven't even been around for that long.

Cheers!

H2N
05-21-2014, 03:15 PM
STG,

Just a simple question and whatever the explanation it's something I've always suspected with the guild ranking system variable at the 'days active side'. Until today I don't think i had a footing to base my question on but here it is :

How is it that the newest guild is the most active at the 30 day mark, 15 day mark, and 7 day mark?

I thought i saw a post saying when the guild (Karma) was created, If I remember correctly, 3-4 days ago? I guess the equation just pushes the data across from the 1st day to the second day etc, but when you think about these categories logically, wouldn't it stand that a newly created guild (if they have enough aps to meet the top 50 guild rank threshold) should always be 50th place at the 30 day category since they haven;'t even been around for 30 days? Same goes for 15 days? It just came across as odd to me, I know I have a magnum title - I'm in no way doing this out of animosity, I think it's awesome they achieved so much by coming together and offer a big congratulations, but I do think it's odd they would be #1 in a category when they haven't even been around for that long.

Cheers!

Explanation of the active % rankings here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?95992-Top-Guilds-Listing&p=1649302&viewfull=1#post1649302) and here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?95992-Top-Guilds-Listing&p=1649291&viewfull=1#post1649291).

It's an indication of how active the guild members are, regardless of which guild(s) they may be in (or even not in a guild at all) during those periods (1d/3d/7d/15d/30d).