PDA

View Full Version : May Legends Producer's Letter - Arcane Legends Events, Dancing Trees and More!

Pages : [1] 2

Samhayne
05-21-2014, 04:15 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41740&d=1379522941

Hi everyone,

The Legends Development Team is hard at work on a lot of great stuff, so without further ado, let’s get right to a nice list to talk about:

Coming New Client Features
Event System - Goblins and Trolls, oh my!
New Gold Achievements and Vanity

In the near future, we will have a new version of the App for you to install on your device. The last time we put out a new app version for Arcane Legends was back in November of 2013 that included the Crafting System (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?124229-Crafting-amp-Upgrade-System-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends). Here is a quick list of changes coming in this next client, version 1.1:

Event System - System of having event based content in the game, first mentioned in this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?149992-In-Development-What-s-Next-for-Arcane-Legends
Skills can no longer be swapped or removed while that skill is on cooldown.
Pets are no longer swappable while their activated ability effect is in use.
Passive ability and pet multipliers are now reflected in the avatar page.
Movement and skills should no longer be cancelled if you or your pet level up while they are active.
The game options page now includes a checkbox for bringing up a confirmation window when purchasing with platinum.
Numerous other minor bug fixes (we will have full patch notes when the new client goes live)

In terms of timing, this client should be out very soon, as we are waiting on Apple approval to release.

We announced the coming Event System at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?149992-In-Development-What-s-Next-for-Arcane-Legends. Turning these Events on relies on the above New 1.1 Client, so once that is live, expect to see some exciting new content shortly thereafter!

The new Event System is a pretty big addition to the game. As such, we want to have a "test" event to make sure it is working correctly in the live environment with thousands and thousands of players playing it. To do this, we have a pretty short Event, the Goblin Invasion, that you can expect shortly after the 1.1 Client is out.

Goblins and then Ursoth the Troll to deal with!

After we evaluate how things went with the Goblin Invasion, we will swing into Ursoth's Assault. This event takes the heroes of Arlor to the forest realm known as Elondria where the mighty Troll, Ursoth, is waging a vicious assault on the Forest Kin who call Elondria home.

There are many exciting new items and details about these Events that we will be detailing over the coming days to whet your appetite to fight Goblins, Trolls and more nefarious creatures!

Earlier today, I noticed something strange displaying on one of our Designer's computer screens. Take a closer look at the coming Treant Boss from the Ursoth's Assault event (and his stomp attack) below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_l3bQeGilU

For a while now, we have wanted to change up how the Gold Achievements are done. In their current incarnation, they provide incentive for players to trade very large sums of gold (10 to 100 Million) around to get the achievement. Unfortunately, such large sums of gold can bring out the worst in people as they might take off with it. :(

In a coming patch we will be removing the top three Gold Achievements (10 million, 50 million, 100 million). Characters with those achievements will retain the associated titles.

A new NPC will be introduced that will allow you to purchase different Gold related achievements. These new Gold Achievements will not have AP points associated with them.

500k - 0 AP - Title Granted: "Gold Digger"
1 million gold - 0 AP - Title Granted: "Made of Money"
10 million gold - 0 AP - Title Granted: "Solid Gold" - Gold Vanity Set

Here is an early look at the Gold Vanity Set that will go along with the highest package.

There are still some particle effects to be added to the set (and of course the Sorcerer and Rogue versions to be made).

As you can see from the above, we have a lot of great stuff cooking for Arcane Legends. We really appreciate you spending some of your leisure time with Spacetime. I look forward to reading your feedback as well as bringing you more details about the coming events.

Samhayne
Legends Producer

Oh, there is one more thing...

Arcane Battlegrounds

Spacetime also released our latest game today, Arcane Battlegrounds. Set in the land of Arlor, this strategy game is based on the fantasy world of Arcane Legends. If you like strategy games, I invite you to be one of the first to check it out. Currently available on Android via Google Play. The iOS version will is coming soon.
89403 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sts.ab)

Play Arcane Battlegrounds on Android at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sts.ab

Samhayne
05-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I also want to include some additional details about the Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event.

These weapons are still in development, but are mostly done. We welcome your feedback.

Elondrian Recurve Bow
It is a Mythic rarity level 41 Rogue weapon.

When you fire this bow, either normal or charged, it will heal you for 10% of the damage you deal per shot. This does not include other spells or abilities you may do while holding the bow – only normal or charged attacks.

When you fight with it, it also has a chance on attack to proc a large bushe which spawn randomly around the bow weilder. Standing (hiding?) in this bush will apply a heal over time effect and remove snare or stunned effects from allies. If you are crafty and draw your enemies through these magic bushes, they will put a damage over time effect on those enemies.

Elondrian Bulwark
Mythic rarity level 41 Warrior Sword 'n Shield weapon set.

The Elondrian Bulwark is a tanking weapon, designed to help the Warrior survive while their party members support them.

When you take damage while the Bulwark is equipped, you have a chance to summon a guardian spirit that will heal and protect you for a short period of time and then will move to assist nearby allies. While the spirit is actively guarding a player, that player will also receive a +20 to their primary stat buff. When the spirit leaves a player, it will grace them with a 6 second heal over time.

Elondrian Gnarled Rifle
Mythic rarity level 41 Sorcerer Rifle.

Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped.

While firing the gun, it has a chance to proc gnarled roots, rooting the target and up to 5 nearby targets in place. The root effect reduces dodge of those enemies affected by 100% and armor by 25% for a short period of time. Magical gnarled roots are tenacious. When the effect wears off, there is the chance for them to spread to other nearby enemies.

There are a lot of other goodies to be had in the coming events, including unique and powerful pets, new armors, vanities and more as well as fun new bosses to fight to get them from!

keikali
05-22-2014, 04:12 PM
3rd!

Gotta say, nice set of updates.

alexdroog
05-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Nice

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T mit Tapatalk

notfaded1
05-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Particle EFFECTS!!!!! Wow exciting can't wait to see more particle effects... that's one of most awsome parts of the game even though it's mobile!!! I'm sure it's difficult with all the different spec's of devices out there you must contend with and try and make sure functions.

octavos
05-22-2014, 04:16 PM
reserved

wow, u reserved eh...welcome to da club.

For a while now, we have wanted to change up how the Gold Achievements are done. In their current incarnation, they provide incentive for players to trade very large sums of gold (10 to 100 Million) around to get the achievement. Unfortunately, such large sums of gold can bring out the worst in people as they might take off with it. :(

In a coming patch we will be removing the top three Gold Achievements (10 million, 50 million, 100 million). Characters with those achievements will retain the associated titles.

A new NPC will be introduced that will allow you to purchase different Gold related achievements. These new Gold Achievements will not have AP points associated with them.

Here is an early look at the Gold Vanity Set that will go along with the highest package.

ouch to the less fortunate players.

Kuragasi
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
fun fun fun!

alexdroog
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Please undo changes in ctf...

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T mit Tapatalk

Candylicks
05-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Really this looks great, thanks for the update!

DocDoBig
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Epicness, more threads to write heh ;)

Rare
05-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Bravo STS. Major fixes for major issues. Kudos.

bramer
05-22-2014, 04:40 PM
When can we expect the client update? Next week? The week after?

Samhayne
05-22-2014, 04:45 PM
When can we expect the client update? Next week? The week after?

I can't commit to a date, since I don't control when Apple will approve it. But they have been turning things around pretty quickly as of late, so yeah... soon. I know you want a date, but I won't give you one. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Hiosahaf
05-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Can you please elaborate more about the energy and crystal ball issue?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Sfubi
05-22-2014, 04:52 PM
You had me at "The game options page now includes a checkbox for bringing up a confirmation window when purchasing with platinum."!

neko
05-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Dancing trees? Oh the carnage I can look forward to as I go sharpen my hedge trimmers...

Ogani
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Reserved for Mythic Weapon Details :)

Oh sam...your sucha tease man. :P

Ardbeg
05-22-2014, 05:10 PM
great news! overall very good choices! all the drama we had because of the midas ap...

Jenvy
05-22-2014, 05:14 PM
I was inopportunely drinking diet coke when the dubstep dropped. The arcing shower of carbonated liquid that exploded from my nose was glorious. :topsy_turvy:

OT: Exploitation fixes galore. Yessssssssssssss.

Also, I'm so happy we'll finally be able to see passive and pet modifiers in the avatar page.

Really looking forward to it! Thanks STS.

Crowsfoot
05-22-2014, 05:24 PM
All but 2 major issues are resolved. I am very impressed. I was not expecting the gold AP issue to be fixed, I'm sure a certain person who thought his point had been ignored will be quite satisfied.

Samhayne
05-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Updated with Mythic Weapon details.

Ihateppl
05-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Not sure if i hate this, or love it.

Energizeric
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Excellent, all good updates! All items we have been requesting for a long time!

I like the exclusive vanity for 10m (or really 11.5m as I assume you cannot get the third achievement without the first two), this works as a good gold sink.

However, without any achievement points, the vanity set better look amazing to get people to spend their gold. So yes, some kind of special effect is a must. Might I suggest some kind of smoke or flames, the way some sets in Pocket Legends looked. People always liked the smoke and flames of the demonic, glyph and dragon vanity sets. And make those effects not cancel out any effects that your other gear underneath has, but add to it. Another idea would be to have some sort of gold sparkle effect like the Fortified Sets in PL, except maybe a bit more noticeable. This would fit with the whole "gold" theme.

Lastly, one suggestion I'll make about the sorcerer vanity set.... When using a rifle, sorcerers are at a much different angle than when using a staff, and many of the vanity sets that have a cape in the back (or a long coat) look very odd when using a rifle as the coat gets stretched kind of funny. So when using a gun, I always avoid wearing a vanity set with a cape or long coat, and instead tend to go for vanity sets like the founders sets that stay close to your body. They look much better. So my suggestion is to make the sorcerer set like that, because I can't see spending 10m on a set that I can't use with half of the weapon types that are out there.

Jenvy
05-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Elondrian Recurve Bow

When you fire this bow, either normal or charged, it will heal you for 10% of the damage you deal per shot. This does not include other spells or abilities you may do while holding the bow – only normal or charged attacks.

When you fight with it, it also has a chance on attack to proc a large bushe which spawn randomly around the bow weilder. Standing (hiding?) in this bush will apply a heal over time effect and remove snare or stunned effects from allies. If you are crafty and draw your enemies through these magic bushes, they will put a damage over time effect on those enemies.

Wow.

Hot damn.

Now THAT is what I call a good bow proc.

Joncheese
05-22-2014, 05:40 PM
I also want to include some additional details about the Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event.

These weapons are still in development, but are mostly done. We welcome your feedback.

Elondrian Recurve Bow

Elondrian Bulwark

The Elondrian Bulwark is a tanking weapon, designed to help the Warrior survive while their party members support them.

When you take damage while the Bulwark is equipped, you have a chance to summon a guardian spirit that will heal and protect you for a short period of time and then will move to assist nearby allies. While the spirit is actively guarding a player, that player will also receive a +20 to their primary stat buff. When the spirit leaves a player, it will grace them with a 6 second heal over time.

Elondrian Gnarled Rifle

Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped.

While firing the gun, it has a chance to proc gnarled roots, rooting the target and up to 5 nearby targets in place. The root effect reduces dodge of those enemies affected by 100% and armor by 25% for a short period of time. Magical gnarled roots are tenacious. When the effect wears off, there is the chance for them to spread to other nearby enemies.

There are a lot of other goodies to be had in the coming events, including unique and powerful pets, new armors, vanities and more as well as fun new bosses to fight to get them from!

Thanks for the info but......

You have single handedly ruined the kershal in one blow. What a waste of my gold.

Perhaps you should concentrate on making the biggest flop in the game better than the gun. I'm honestly gobsmacked.

Selling kershal.

It's worth noting that the maul will still be more powerful than the new warrior weapon, as will the glaive. I know it's a different genre of weapon but the maul is now 10 levels old.... Kershal is 5.... Enough said.

Ps Ty for the other long awaited updates....

Ardbeg
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
haha, i love true tanking weapons, but 4 dex on the stats of the bullwark must be a typo or a joke :)

Energizeric
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree, this new gun will obviously have considerably higher damage than the Kershal. The proc looks way better than the kershal. This gun gives 20% of damage returned as mana, where my Kershal has a "chance" to give +10 mana regen for 8 seconds (80 mana added). Then there is the root proc compared to a Kershal's small chance on charged attack to slow by 30%.

Only benefit of the Kershal is it will give 156 more health, but I don't see that as enough of a difference to keep the Kershal as the best sorcerer weapon. Maybe for PvE it will be best because of it's AoE normal attack, but for PvP the gun will be the weapon of choice.

Only way to change that is to totally change the way the Kershal procs work. I suggest scrapping everything about the Kershal's proc except the +60 INT. Then add some kind of stun and/or armor reduction proc. The proc would be the same for both charged and non-charged. The advantage of charging would be that it aims towards the enemy like a fireball, and the charged one should produce slightly more damage (not less) like every other weapon in the game. The procs would be the same both charged and non-charged.

Anything less than that and we can expect the Kershal to be finished after one season. :(

I really do like the new mythic weapons, but just as the Arcane Maul was the best warrior weapon even after the mythic glaive/bonesaw were released, the kershal should continue to be the best sorcerer weapon even after these level 41 mythic weapons are released.

Joncheese
05-22-2014, 05:51 PM
I agree, this new gun will obviously have considerably higher damage than the Kershal. The proc looks way better than the kershal. This gun gives 20% of damage returned as mana, where my Kershal has a "chance" to give +10 mana regen for 8 seconds (80 mana added). Then there is the root proc compared to a Kershal's small chance on charged attack to slow by 30%.

Only benefit of the Kershal is it will give 156 more health, but I don't see that as enough of a difference to keep the Kershal as the best sorcerer weapon. Maybe for PvE it will be best because of it's AoE normal attack, but for PvP the gun will be the weapon of choice.

Only way to change that is to totally change the way the Kershal procs work. I suggest scrapping everything about the Kershal's proc except the +60 INT. Then add some kind of stun and/or armor reduction proc. The proc would be the same for both charged and non-charged. The advantage of charging would be that it aims towards the enemy like a fireball, and the charged one should produce slightly more damage (not less) like every other weapon in the game. The procs would be the same both charged and non-charged.

Anything less than that and we can expect the Kershal to be finished after one season. :(

STS you should pay attention to this. It's important.......

Ardbeg
05-22-2014, 05:55 PM
STS you should pay attention to this. It's important.......

yes, the maul proc will keep the maul relevant probably even next season (4th) while the ker shal seems to be outclassed in his second season already. thats hardly fair to sorcs.

Froxanthar
05-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Why warrior mythic weapon don't have any return back on normal attacks?

via orange caramel app.

Thrucho
05-22-2014, 05:56 PM

There are still some particle effects to be added to the set (and of course the Sorcerer and Rogue versions to be made).

As you can see from the above, we have a lot of great stuff cooking for Arcane Legends. We really appreciate you spending some of your leisure time with Spacetime. I look forward to reading your feedback as well as bringing you more details about the coming events.

Will the people that ones had 10m get the vanity and achievement??

Joncheese
05-22-2014, 05:58 PM
*come by the sorc arcane weapon, it's good...... Honest it is*

Zynzyn
05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Pretty cool updates. Thank you Samhayne. Would the new mythic weapons be lootable drops during the event ?

Geusaquc
05-22-2014, 06:12 PM
aaaaaaand rogues are back on top in pvp... oh well, the rest of us adapted once, don't dismiss us just yet nasty one shotters...

I must say I'm a little disappointed that skill switching has been removed from all aspects of the game. Switching in pvp I can understand because it's players AGAINST other players, but in pve we are working together so nobody is at a disadvantage. Any chance of removing switching from the pvp aspect (because lets face it, that's where the switching drama came up) and leave it in the pve part? No? Ok then... I suppose pleasing the majority is more important.

Very good patch, lots of changes that will be extremely beneficial to the gameplay. One question though, when it says the current gold aps will be removed, are we to assume that aps will now be reduced back to 17,650 instead of 17,950? (providing there aren't new aps)

will0
05-22-2014, 06:18 PM
the new mythic rifle "Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped." Why do STS always give mana return even in kershal? Mages needs armor or heals process... that will be most useful our health point is as low as rogue in most cases.

will0
05-22-2014, 06:20 PM
The new mythic rifle "Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped." Why do STS always give mana return even in kershal? Mages needs armor or heals process... that will be most useful our health point is as low as rogue in most cases.

If it energize the caster, give the caster mana return this mana return should have extra effect like protective current to shield us from harm during PVE and PVP

Fauksuras
05-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Terrific! Might just bring me back!

Ardbeg
05-22-2014, 06:24 PM
*come by the sorc arcane weapon, it's good...... Honest it is*

yes it s sad, i sold the ker shal from my mage alt already. dmg and bling are great, but proc and charged attack always felt crippled, compared to even the runic flare...

Kellhus
05-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Sounds pretty good. Can't wait. However, have to say, not real keen on this npc and gold thing. Yeah ik is probably meant as gold sink but if i had a million gold, i dont think I'd buy that set. Then again, if i had ten million laying around and nothing to spend it on, maybe.

Can't wait for the rest of the changes. I know you said soon Sam, but in sts terms, soon could be months. Can you give us a better idea of when? Weeks, months, years??? :-P

Thanks again and looking forward to the changes.

Fyi luv the bow even though im sure i wont be lucky enough to get one.

I do agree with those above. Re: mage rifle, mages don't need mana, they need hp or armour buffs.

And really? Buffing wars with more hp AND a +20 buff...cmon! Maybe for pve purposes this will be great but in pvp.....get real.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Zeus
05-22-2014, 06:33 PM
the new mythic rifle "Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped." Why do STS always give mana return even in kershal? Mages needs armor or heals process... that will be most useful our health point is as low as rogue in most cases.

Lets fix it, swap procs with mythic bow!

Sephiroth143
05-22-2014, 06:36 PM
"I also want to include some additional details about the Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event."

Wat do u mean by tis? Elaborate clearly, the mythics ar lootable or the mythics ar tokens' items? And ar they gonna b in lockeds also?

Madnex
05-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Excellent work! All the major issues in one fell swoop! Kudos!

I do have a querry though:

Sam, are there any plans pertaining the current Leaderboard records? All the latest changes on CTF, PvE and now pet Arcane Abilities cooldown have disabled previous workarounds that allowed the current record holders to attain records impossible to be beaten without the said.. techniques. Since AL is so strongly promoting values as equality, fairness and integrity, I believe some thought must be put into this. Thanks.

Again, great job on the new client; enthusiastically awaiting the new event system as well. :)

Sephiroth143
05-22-2014, 06:40 PM
No cape on a mage's vanity pls, its seriously ugly. N mages look 10x oldy & ugly wearin a cape like an old hunchback man with his stick plus a cape strap behind his back tryin to b a superman

Jenvy
05-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Maybe think about switching gun and bow returns? Like give the 20% mana return to the rogue's bow, and give the mages' gun a boosted 50% health return?

I mean... mages don't really need such a small amount of mana, and rogues don't really need such a small amount of health.

Zeus
05-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Maybe think about switching gun and bow returns? Like give the 20% mana return to the rogue's bow, and give the mages' gun a boosted 50% health return?

I mean... mages don't really need such a small amount of mana, and rogues don't really need such a small amount of health.

That's what I said, lol. T_T

Great minds think alike. :p

Bananaguard
05-22-2014, 06:52 PM
when is double chance on mythics/arcanes?

Energizeric
05-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Yeah, after looking at the mythic weapons again, it seems like each class is getting what they already have plenty of. I understand that this works to further define each class in PvE and encourages team work, but in PvP all it will do is make things even more extreme in terms of balance. If you think a warrior is hard to kill now, imagine with that sword & shield that heals you for the damage you take and gives you 300+ more armor. And mages needing more mana? I suppose if the damage increase to the mage gun is enough then it will compensate for the extra armor and health a warrior will have. You just have to keep an eye on class balance, because so far this season it is not very good.

csyui
05-22-2014, 07:00 PM
I assume lv41 mythic weapon will no longer drop once event is over. So how long does this Spring event last?

karrdath
05-22-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't know if this has been asked yet or if it's stupid question. But if you purchase a gold package do you get your gold back? Or are your literally buying a title for 500k1m and 10m.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

falmear
05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Wow new gun is the real deal. Looking forward to getting this. Surprised to see the DPS on gun is the same as arcane staff.

Jenvy
05-22-2014, 07:05 PM
That's what I said, lol.

Great minds think alike. :p

ah. missed your post. srry bro.

I don't think the procs should be switched entirely though, just the return. That dodge reduction snare is perfect for mages, and the aoe damage/healing bush thing is perfect for rogues.

Samhayne
05-22-2014, 07:06 PM
I don't know if this has been asked yet or if it's stupid question. But if you purchase a gold package do you get your gold back? Or are your literally buying a title for 500k1m and 10m.

You are buying it.

csyui
Warrior weapon dps is a bit low compared to lv41 legendary weapon.
Mage gun has more dps than lv36 mythic staff, while rogue bow has less than lv36 mythic dagger.

Samhayne
I assume lv41 mythic weapon will no longer drop once event is over. So how long does this Spring event last?

Correct. Several weeks is the current plan.

Samhayne
05-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Mage gun has more dps than lv36 mythic staff, while rogue bow has less than lv36 mythic dagger.

Keep in mind that the Warrior weapon cleaves, hitting up to three targets.

karrdath
05-22-2014, 07:09 PM
You are buying it.

Thanks Sam for the quick reply

You are buying it.

Kershy
05-22-2014, 07:13 PM
ya babe i like this!!

Archerios
05-22-2014, 07:16 PM
So where can we get the weapons except locked grand crate?

Ardbeg
05-22-2014, 07:19 PM

Hi Sam, the stat summary only lists 4 dex for the bullwark, maybe there s more...
Can you check that?

GoodSyntax
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
This looks like a much needed update! Kudos!

By chance, does this client update have any impact on Passives/pets/veil/elixir override issues?

Also, along with the new Mythics, will this update include the next phase of elite gear staggering? The market has slowed down considerably, and there are only a handful of items with any respectable value or demand - so I am assuming that the market has already started to stagnate, awaiting the next phase of gear releases.

barzagli
05-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Love the skill and pet update! Great job :D

csyui
05-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Correct. Several weeks is the current plan.

Sounds good. Hope it won't gone in a week or two after released.

falmear
05-22-2014, 08:15 PM

While I am not crazy about the mana return on gun. I don't agree to swap them. I'd rather they ditch the mana return and add some crit to mythic gun. Also does stun immunity have any effect on mythic guns root proc? When I was testing Crawly's root, it seemed like if I stunned someone, then activated Crawly's arcane they wouldn't get rooted. Can we confirm this won't happen.

moises.vazquez.71
05-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the update. Now I will update you, sts. Clearly, mages don't need more mana. Please reconsider this before putting out the update.

will0
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Giving rogue mana return make them more OP (more mana to last longer) ... swapping skill i don't agree too but giving Mage mana return with more buff on armor or shield with this mana return.

Kingslaughter
05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks for new gold achievement dev!! Ure the best!!

Xeusx
05-22-2014, 08:34 PM
OMG! I need that tree vanity warrior T_T I WANT THAT!!!!!!

Queenslayer
05-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Very nice update...good job sts

Jenvy
05-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Question:

Will the new client solve the chrome v35 v36 login issues?

Ravager
05-22-2014, 09:28 PM

The warrior entombed hammer level 40 hits 3 as well. Tested in boulder. Many weapons have a small aoe that arent listed in the description.

Zapix
05-22-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm all for a new gun being powerful but it just seems that you guys are kicking Kershal to the curb which is upsetting.

Zeus
05-22-2014, 09:53 PM
While I am not crazy about the mana return on gun. I don't agree to swap them. I'd rather they ditch the mana return and add some crit to mythic gun. Also does stun immunity have any effect on mythic guns root proc? When I was testing Crawly's root, it seemed like if I stunned someone, then activated Crawly's arcane they wouldn't get rooted. Can we confirm this won't happen.

Hey Falmear,

I was half kidding - mainly due to the fact that there was already so much outrage over a mana proc on arcane staff yet they added another one. However, you are correct. I can see how OP it would make rogues (which they already will be with skill swapping fixed). As for the Crawly root, you are correct. This was an issue I too was worried about. If the gun root works the same way, then a mage's fireball will pretty much make the root proc useless if it procs in the 7 second stun immunity after fireball's stun.

In order for it to be useful, it has to ignore stun immunity just like a maul proc does.

Jack O Reaper
05-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Cool Dancing Trees!! Lol

Ravager
05-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Here are issues to consider with the Mythic Bulwark that is about to come out.

Since this weapon is a Mythic 41 weapon, it should be comparable to Level 46 Elite Sword and Shield. Given that Sword and Shield don't come in elite versions, we'll have to use our imagination.

Nearly all of the warrior weapons will hit 3, so there is no major advantage there. You can test out the weapons in boulder easily as I have done. Go to camp boulder, let 3 wolves chase you, tap your auto attack. I remember maul, entombed hammer and many others hit 3 wolves (even though it's not listed in the weapon description).

So now we look at the stats. Reminder, this weapon should be comparable to level 46 gear. Here is some of the 41 gear, maul and glaive to compare it to.

Level 41 Conqueror Wall of Potency: 86.9 dps, 163 armor
Level 40 Entombed Hammer of Warfare: 76.8 dps, 42 armor
Level 41 Magmatic Claymore of Assault: 101.3 dps
Level 36 Glaive: 115.1 dps 117 armor
Level 31 Maul: 90.6 dps

Level 41 Mythic Bulwark: 84.3dps, 304 armor

The two handed weapons beat the Bulwark in BOTH dps and damage which doesn't sound right (the 2-handed entombed came very close) . Generally 2-handed weapons that expire in the same cap are not supposed to be having higher dps than a new weapon that should last till next cap at 46. I'm only working with dps info since we do not know the dmg info for the weapon. I would highly doubt this weapon to have high dmg and low dps since it is not a 2-handed weapon.

Even the 41 non-elite conqueror wall of potency has higher dps. Seems like things are not being scaled right.

Serancha
05-22-2014, 11:09 PM
aaaaaaand rogues are back on top in pvp... oh well, the rest of us adapted once, don't dismiss us just yet nasty one shotters...

Really? How are rogues back on top? A charge-to-proc weapon means a never-gonna-proc weapon. Who's going to repeatedly charge their attacks for the "chance" of a proc? Better to get things killed than waste time doing that. If it procced on skill charge that might be ok, but that has never been the case before, and since it was not stated I think it is not the case here.

Even legendary bows proc without charge. This bow is good for the stats, but not worth buying if you think the proc will be any use at all.

I read these descriptions and first thing I said is "I'm switching to mage". Even warriors, the proc is triggered by them getting hit, which is pretty cool despite it being a sword/shield. At least that will encourage tanks to actually tank.

Froxanthar
05-22-2014, 11:24 PM
So the difference with the defense between Pavise and Bulwark only 57 and difference between Arlor Wall Of Will and Bulwark defense is 78.

via orange caramel app.

Mucsi
05-22-2014, 11:31 PM

Elondrian Recurve Bow

Elondrian Bulwark

Elondrian Gnarled Rifle

gun better than arcane staff....

Instanthumor
05-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Really? How are rogues back on top? A charge-to-proc weapon means a never-gonna-proc weapon. Who's going to repeatedly charge their attacks for the "chance" of a proc? Better to get things killed than waste time doing that. If it procced on skill charge that might be ok, but that has never been the case before, and since it was not stated I think it is not the case here.

Even legendary bows proc without charge. This bow is good for the stats, but not worth buying if you think the proc will be any use at all.

I read these descriptions and first thing I said is "I'm switching to mage". Even warriors, the proc is triggered by them getting hit, which is pretty cool despite it being a sword/shield. At least that will encourage tanks to actually tank.

They're giving you mythic bows. Rogues with CRATE bows crit Aimed Shot for an easy 4.5k hp on a mage. With mythic bow? You don't need to proc if you already have all the damage you need.

lowratehitman
05-23-2014, 12:21 AM

Does this mean I have to have 10mil gold and buy the vanity or all I need it to have 10mil on me and it will just appear in my inventory?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

falmear
05-23-2014, 12:23 AM
A charge-to-proc weapon means a never-gonna-proc weapon. Who's going to repeatedly charge their attacks for the "chance" of a proc? Better to get things killed than waste time doing that. If it procced on skill charge that might be ok, but that has never been the case before, and since it was not stated I think it is not the case here.

Welcome to my pain. Now if only the charged attack does lower damage then the normal attack, rogues will be getting the full arcane kershal treatment.

Energizeric
05-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Does this mean I have to have 10mil gold and buy the vanity or all I need it to have 10mil on me and it will just appear in my inventory?

You have to buy it. The whole point of this change was to make sure people cannot get the achievement by borrowing the gold from their friend.

utpal
05-23-2014, 12:52 AM
great job sts. love those upcoming updates.

now the mythic war weapon is a beast. 304armour and 57str.lol wut? I love it. the dps and HP. beats all weapons.
imagine perfected with tarlok rage gems.
the price will be around 25-30mil.

about the rouge bow. it heals 10% of dmg dealt. so in pvp will the rogue heal more by shooting at Mage then war?

and the gun. mana return is a let down again. mana proc is already useless in arcane staff now it is repeated again -.-

and after 1 and half year the most known bug is being fixed. superb (y)

eargerly waiting for the great update :D

lowratehitman
05-23-2014, 12:52 AM
You have to buy it. The whole point of this change was to make sure people cannot get the achievement by borrowing the gold from their friend.

Oh OK tks....I guest the rich people gets the good stuff not the poor one

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

utpal
05-23-2014, 12:53 AM

seems like gold sink

Kakashis
05-23-2014, 01:01 AM
So the vanity would cost 10m? OMG at least remove the Cape and I hope it'll be lightening particle effects!

Sceazikua
05-23-2014, 01:05 AM
Dont you guys think any good rogues will always start with a charged bow attack, and only dagger users will start with a charged aimed shot? And this charged attack damage will have 175% or 200% damage than normal attack like any other weapon, right? So what are you rogues complaining about? If that first attack procs, you will have a good chance to win the battle because you are immune to stun and also heal yourself, it it doesnt proc then its just like a normal battle that the first bow attack doesnt proc as always. Dont even compare with 75% damage shadow ball, because 200% and 75% is different, isnt it? It is pointless to do such complaining.

title and vanity are effective gold sink to me. rich people will buy it regardless price to show their wealth, and imagine only if 10 people buy it, 100m gold has been sinked. We know there are many more wealthy people than just 10 that will buy it! For normal people I dont think it affects that much. vanity and title doesnt give anything big but pride, isnt it?

sazib
05-23-2014, 01:27 AM
10M for tittle.. farmed 2mnth for 12M lol really impossible for non plat used.. anyways thanks for new things comming!! May i Know when new clint will relese? i mean no fix date but may i know the range?

max dragon king
05-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Wow those stuff look so good but then i cant even dream these bad boys sigh,maybe i will get it after 2 seasons when its like 1-2m
if i get one from elite gold that would be awesome but no one wants to run the elite with me :/,and auction is just too darn expensive

Robhawk
05-23-2014, 01:55 AM
You finally fixed the passive skills bug and the "skill does not happen" bug? Really? Im impressed!

Jonnymaynard
05-23-2014, 01:55 AM
BB to Warriors in endgame PvP lol

Sceazikua
05-23-2014, 02:00 AM
10M for tittle.. farmed 2mnth for 12M lol really impossible for non plat used.. anyways thanks for new things comming!! May i Know when new clint will relese? i mean no fix date but may i know the range?

Hi. You know you dont need a title or a vanity to play the game, its called "title for the rich" for a reason :) We normal people dont have to use our gold to buy it because it doesnt grant any stat, or any more profit. As long as it doesnt involve achievement point or stat, its fine :)

Hartholzwurm
05-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Cool. Can´t wait. Go on STS.

epicrrr
05-23-2014, 02:37 AM
10m.. how about those that already have filthy rich? Are they automatically included to have those gold vanities?

officiallyjun
05-23-2014, 02:56 AM
is it lootable from any elite chest ?

Rean
05-23-2014, 02:58 AM
Can Devs please consider changing the 20% mana return from the mythic gun to something else? Anything else is probably better - % life, % armor, % speed, % critical, % dodge, % damage, % strength, % dexterity or % intelligence.

Yes, anything else is better. The gun looks so promising except this mana return. I'm even prepared to trade Ker'shal for it.

alexdroog
05-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Could you please verify purchase - are the 10 mio gold really gone and you get the vanity instead?

sazib
05-23-2014, 03:03 AM
Hi. You know you dont need a title or a vanity to play the game, its called "title for the rich" for a reason :) We normal people dont have to use our gold to buy it because it doesnt grant any stat, or any more profit. As long as it doesnt involve achievement point or stat, its fine :)

Yeah its for rich ppl.. Tnx to sts tht there is no Ap point for it..

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

sazib
05-23-2014, 03:04 AM
Could you please verify purchase - are the 10 mio gold really gone and you get the vanity instead?

Yes bro u r buying that tittle and vanity for 10m.. Not like filthy rich Ap..

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

Xeusx
05-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Just want to be sure, can low levels participate in this event? Like level 8? Can they also join the troll & goblin event?
I doubt lvl 10 above only, other events like tarlok and halloween's minimum lvl is 10...

Haligali
05-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Another troll boss -.-

gogo mythic gun!

Hoardseeker
05-23-2014, 03:22 AM
Well, the 20% Mana Return is NOT necessary for Mages, Instead Change it to 15% HP , Just like Rogue Weapon....

utpal
05-23-2014, 04:41 AM
i see tht the new mythic sword name is bulwurk of will, so since it is a 'will' type weapon i think it should hav sme more armour. since it is +10 lvls higher then former mythic sword. or it is low due to itemization?

dhusor
05-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Gun looks gd.. But that huge dps and good proc will make it expensive......zzzzz..btw nice :D

Sent from my Symphony Xplorer W140 using Tapatalk

Arachnophobik
05-23-2014, 06:07 AM
i still dont get how the event system works. does it make you design your own quest or something?

Kostral
05-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Seems i must wake up and play back again . GJ STS...

Just a little point ; regarding all those informations Sam do you confirm that old Myth weaps will be useful only for their actual level or do you plan an update / modification for let them useful for the future ?

Thanks for reply ,

Hartholzwurm
05-23-2014, 07:35 AM
By the way i´ve a question pls:
New lvl. 41 myth weaps only dropping while event from locked and golden elite chests????

And please undo this senseless new CTF rules btw :upset:

Rest sounds beautiful for me.......

Madnex
05-23-2014, 07:41 AM
i still dont get how the event system works. does it make you design your own quest or something?
If we're looking at a classic event system, I'd say it's more like you have some options (eg. gather crystals, kill goblins, defeat Ursoth x times, rescue imprisoned people, etc) and each of those are only made available per set time intervals and cycle around (eg. every two hours). The other option is that you can do all of the above any time you want but there are specific times where each of those gives higher rewards.

Serancha
05-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Dont you guys think any good rogues will always start with a charged bow attack, and only dagger users will start with a charged aimed shot? And this charged attack damage will have 175% or 200% damage than normal attack like any other weapon, right? So what are you rogues complaining about? If that first attack procs, you will have a good chance to win the battle because you are immune to stun and also heal yourself, it it doesnt proc then its just like a normal battle that the first bow attack doesnt proc as always. Dont even compare with 75% damage shadow ball, because 200% and 75% is different, isnt it? It is pointless to do such complaining.

Ironic isn't it, that the mages are complaining that the new gun is going to be better than their current top weapon.

My point about charging to proc is a valid issue. It is the same issue they eliminated after season 2 when they made all weapons proc without charge. The endless threads about the arcane staff charg proc should be a hint. Reverting to this kind of weapon behaviour is very unpopular.

They're giving you mythic bows. Rogues with CRATE bows crit Aimed Shot for an easy 4.5k hp on a mage. With mythic bow? You don't need to proc if you already have all the damage you need.

Giving us? Well, if it's a gift then I won't say anything more. Let me know when to find it in my stash....

Haligali
05-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Ironic isn't it, that the mages are complaining that the new gun is going to be better than their current top weapon.

We dont know yet, but I do not complain if the new gun is going to be better than the current top. I will be happy for this & i recently sold my kershal scrapter and cant wait the new weapon. :)

Every smurf loves guns, finally i could get rid of that stupid staff.

Edit: What i dont want to see, that they try to pre-balance things before release, lets give us first and then can express an opinion.

Kakashis
05-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Get those filthy rich titles now while you can! I know I won't be buying that vanity, because I don't have that much spare gold! They need a working poor title.

Slardz
05-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Epicleduperladuper. Thanks for the flood skills. That you remove it.

Kakashis
05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
I just hope they lose the capes! The particle effects had better be blue and epically good. Just golden sparkles/smoke/fire isn't going to cut it. Blue aura is where it's at!

hob
05-23-2014, 10:16 AM
I just looted my first kershal, and trade with perfect kershal + add some golds, now my question is shud i sell this ARCANE staff Lvl 36 for new MYTHIC gun Lvl 41? and how can new MYTHIC gun maybe can be better than ARCANE staff?, so they created arcane staff only can using for 1 season??? everyone know that ARCANE MAUL can be using for 3 seasons (31, 36 and 41), is it fair??? This is just my suggestions, please give me an answer :)
Sory my english not really good :(

Socrates
05-23-2014, 10:16 AM
just a guess when this update will go live plz tell us

Kuragasi
05-23-2014, 10:44 AM
I just looted my first kershal, and trade with perfect kershal + add some golds, now my question is shud i sell this ARCANE staff Lvl 36 for new MYTHIC gun Lvl 41? and how can new MYTHIC gun maybe can be better than ARCANE staff?, so they created arcane staff only can using for 1 season??? everyone know that ARCANE MAUL can be using for 3 seasons (31, 36 and 41), is it fair??? This is just my suggestions, please give me an answer :)
Sory my english not really good :(

The staff will for the most part still be better. Will depend mostly on preference of play. Gun will most likely give you more DMG while staff will give more DPS also the kershal staff does add a good deal of health but staff should still be better.

tearacan
05-23-2014, 10:45 AM
What about the green 'icequeen' dress for rogue, which was visible in the preview of the event, will that be released too?

hob
05-23-2014, 10:48 AM
The staff will for the most part still be better. Will depend mostly on preference of play. Gun will most likely give you more DMG while staff will give more DPS also the kershal staff does add a good deal of health . We are still in the dark as to the stats of gun but staff should still be better.
Nah i hope so kura :)

Xerpius
05-23-2014, 10:59 AM
The updates were great. Keep it up. I hope new arcane items will come too :O

Kuragasi
05-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Nah i hope so kura :)

These weapons are much more in the supportive/defensive direction while the Kershal is offensive. Plus the mana return on the gun will be kinda useless.. Mages have tons of mana and won't really need this seems like a mute addition to me. Maybe useful in PvP though. I would like a Health regen more myself.

falmear
05-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Please remove the mana return as its useless and add in some crit like 3.5%. Also in the future, at this level please don't add any mana regen effect.

Veluthe
05-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Looks nice team! U guys seem to outdue yourselves with each update and new content. Thanks for making al such an awesome game. :)

Silverpegasus
05-23-2014, 12:19 PM
The game options page now includes a checkbox for bringing up a confirmation window when purchasing with platinum.

^ This. Thank you for making it happens after over a year of request.

I cried with delight when I saw this.

I could finally take out my gaudy sig XD

Silverpegasus
05-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Elondrian Gnarled Rifle

I thought it is the best thing ever that come to a smurf. Why everyone complained about the mana returns so much. True, pure int mages have no trouble with mana at all, but LOOK AT the other procs. You root target in place, -100% dodge, and -25% armor debuffs. That would ensure quick death to any boss, and it spreads like poison. holy!!!

Also, this might allow the user to never need to buy mana pots. Think about the pot savings in PvE. Mage is essentially a PvE character and this weapon delivers.

Kershy
05-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Well, the 20% Mana Return is NOT necessary for Mages, Instead Change it to 15% HP , Just like Rogue Weapon....

yeah that would be the best! bc mages rly dont need it!

Eyrika
05-23-2014, 12:52 PM
What is the price ?

I have hear 30m...maybe 20m

Lol i have scare to know

Excuses
05-23-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm not against with new update, but now we can't switch skills, may I ask 5th skill slot?

Btw, new warrior weapon look really bad. Sorry to say but really.

Cptmond
05-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Will the Total AP 17,950 reduce by 300AP ? because you are going to remove its AP points?

Otahaanak
05-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm not against with new update, but now we can't switch skills, may I ask 5th skill slot?

This would be great IMO - but the way things are now I can't see them even attempting it.

Samhayne
05-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Will the Total AP 17,950 reduce by 300AP ? because you are going to remove its AP points?

It's an even reduction across the board, so yes AP max possible total will go down.

keikali
05-23-2014, 05:02 PM
It's an even reduction across the board, so yes AP max possible total will go down.

While you're at it, remove the crazy flag APs!

lol@pvp

Rean
05-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I thought it is the best thing ever that come to a smurf. Why everyone complained about the mana returns so much. True, pure int mages have no trouble with mana at all, but LOOK AT the other procs. You root target in place, -100% dodge, and -25% armor debuffs. That would ensure quick death to any boss, and it spreads like poison. holy!!!

Also, this might allow the user to never need to buy mana pots. Think about the pot savings in PvE. Mage is essentially a PvE character and this weapon delivers.

You mean it can root bosses? Really?! I will hold your word to it.

Geusaquc
05-23-2014, 09:08 PM
I meant that in reference to skill switching.

Energizeric
05-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Just make it so that flags now refer to "team flags", and then have a second stat called "flags against" that counts when the other team scores. That way everyone will be encouraged to win the game and stop allowing free flags. Whatever total flags everyone currently has can be carried over to the new stat, and the "flags against" will start at 0. So those players with large numbers of flags who works hard for the will begin with an insane ratio, but because of the new system it will still be possible for others to catch up in total flags and maybe make the leaderboards one day. And best of all, teams will now play real CTF because everyone will want to keep their Team Flags/Flags Against ratio decent.

Otahaanak
05-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Not in a PVP guild? Get farmed by full arcane team from any number of PVP guilds and their allies - or they ask you to leave so they can do whatever.

Flag APs are now pretty much unobtainable for the majority of players. AP should at least be a possibility. Now not because CTF is worse than TDM.

deadz
05-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Speechless!!! Bravo!

Morholt
05-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Eeek, I was planning to unload tons of valuable goodies during the update for my Filthy Rich title. But now it'll be gone just when I'll be cashing in, heh.
Oh well. Good to see a gold sink implemented.

Suggestion: make the 10m vanity be non-stashable. That way, people can't swap the vanity from their main to twink while playing, thus making the players with absurd amounts of gold to buy multiple ones, if they want to be showing off at all times.

Xeusx
05-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Eeek, I was planning to unload tons of valuable goodies during the update for my Filthy Rich title. But now it'll be gone just when I'll be cashing in, heh.
Oh well. Good to see a gold sink implemented.

Suggestion: make the 10m vanity be non-stashable. That way, people can't swap the vanity from their main to twink while playing, thus making the players with absurd amounts of gold to buy multiple ones, if they want to be showing off at all times.
Non-stashable and non-tradeable, now thats more better.

Sceazikua
05-24-2014, 01:03 AM
Please remove the mana return as its useless and add in some crit like 3.5%. Also in the future, at this level please don't add any mana regen effect.

Please this happen because its true, mages dont need mana regen :( I know you read every reply, sam :(

Donyme
05-24-2014, 02:21 AM
What about mythic upgrade?(helm and armor)

alexdroog
05-24-2014, 02:56 AM
Pls remove ctf flagging changes.
It didn't work as you intended.
Flagging is just less fun now.
Remove 5k and 10k AP instead and give those players a myth weapon or so as compensation.

Hoardseeker
05-24-2014, 03:14 AM

Yep! I would love to swap HP to Mage and Mana to Rogue.....

Arachnophobik
05-24-2014, 05:03 AM
If we're looking at a classic event system, I'd say it's more like you have some options (eg. gather crystals, kill goblins, defeat Ursoth x times, rescue imprisoned people, etc) and each of those are only made available per set time intervals and cycle around (eg. every two hours). The other option is that you can do all of the above any time you want but there are specific times where each of those gives higher rewards.

oh cool thanks :)

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Just make it so that flags now refer to "team flags", and then have a second stat called "flags against" that counts when the other team scores. That way everyone will be encouraged to win the game and stop allowing free flags. Whatever total flags everyone currently has can be carried over to the new stat, and the "flags against" will start at 0. So those players with large numbers of flags who works hard for the will begin with an insane ratio, but because of the new system it will still be possible for others to catch up in total flags and maybe make the leaderboards one day. And best of all, teams will now play real CTF because everyone will want to keep their Team Flags/Flags Against ratio decent.
Make this a thread. Less wordy and bullet notes will rack huge support

basketholic209
05-24-2014, 09:19 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41740&d=1379522941

Hi everyone,

The Legends Development Team is hard at work on a lot of great stuff, so without further ado, let’s get right to a nice list to talk about:

In the near future, we will have a new version of the App for you to install on your device. The last time we put out a new app version for Arcane Legends was back in November of 2013 that included the Crafting System (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?124229-Crafting-amp-Upgrade-System-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends). Here is a quick list of changes coming in this next client, version 1.1:

Event System - System of having event based content in the game, first mentioned in this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?149992-In-Development-What-s-Next-for-Arcane-Legends
Skills can no longer be swapped or removed while that skill is on cooldown.
Pets are no longer swappable while their activated ability effect is in use.
Passive ability and pet multipliers are now reflected in the avatar page.
Movement and skills should no longer be cancelled if you or your pet level up while they are active.
Numerous other minor bug fixes (we will have full patch notes when the new client goes live)

In terms of timing, this client should be out very soon, as we are waiting on Apple approval to release.

We announced the coming Event System at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?149992-In-Development-What-s-Next-for-Arcane-Legends. Turning these Events on relies on the above New 1.1 Client, so once that is live, expect to see some exciting new content shortly thereafter!

The new Event System is a pretty big addition to the game. As such, we want to have a "test" event to make sure it is working correctly in the live environment with thousands and thousands of players playing it. To do this, we have a pretty short Event, the Goblin Invasion, that you can expect shortly after the 1.1 Client is out.

Goblins and then Ursoth the Troll to deal with!

After we evaluate how things went with the Goblin Invasion, we will swing into Ursoth's Assault. This event takes the heroes of Arlor to the forest realm known as Elondria where the mighty Troll, Ursoth, is waging a vicious assault on the Forest Kin who call Elondria home.

There are many exciting new items and details about these Events that we will be detailing over the coming days to whet your appetite to fight Goblins, Trolls and more nefarious creatures!

Earlier today, I noticed something strange displaying on one of our Designer's computer screens. Take a closer look at the coming Treant Boss from the Ursoth's Assault event (and his stomp attack) below:

Samhayne
Legends Producer

Oh, there is one more thing...

Arcane Battlegrounds

Spacetime also released our latest game today, Arcane Battlegrounds. Set in the land of Arlor, this strategy game is based on the fantasy world of Arcane Legends. If you like strategy games, I invite you to be one of the first to check it out. Currently available on Android via Google Play. The iOS version will is coming soon.
89403 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sts.ab)

Play Arcane Battlegrounds on Android at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sts.ab

For the gold achievements, I think there is no need for 3 achievements, especially since the first and second achievements will only grant titles that no one will use and doesn't grant vanities.

This is based on my assumption that:
1. Poor and mid people won't buy any of those achievements.
2. Rich people (10 - 100m gold) mostly will prefer to buy arcane eggs or mythic weapons rather than buying those achievements.
3. Super rich people (100m+ gold) that wants to be unique mostly will only buy the third (last) achievement.

So, I suggest to remove first and second achievements.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Xeusx
05-24-2014, 09:26 AM
For the gold achievements, I think there is no need for 3 achievements, especially since the first and second achievements will only grant titles that no one will use and doesn't grant vanities.

This is based on my assumption that:
1. Poor and mid people won't buy any of those achievements.
2. Rich people (10 - 100m gold) mostly will prefer to buy arcane eggs or mythic weapons rather than buying those achievements.
3. Super rich people (100m+ gold) that wants to be unique mostly will only buy the third (last) achievement.

So, I suggest to remove first and second achievements.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
This 2 achievements titles is for famous rich ppl to become so famous and so goldy touch :*

Hoardseeker
05-24-2014, 10:43 AM
I would suggest a Unique T!tle for Purchasing all those 3 Ap(s)

Energizeric
05-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Make this a thread. Less wordy and bullet notes will rack huge support

Already did, and yes it got huge support, but no changes yet. I'd guess this is something that will be addressed in the future. STS has enough going on now with trying to get this new client out.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?151183-Solution-to-Flagging-APs

Edit: Ok, I changed some of the original ideas to be closer to what I posted here and I started a new thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?156303-Solution-to-fixing-CTF-REVISED-VERSION&p=1653252#post1653252

mahony
05-24-2014, 01:24 PM
so from where can you drop this 41 mythic weapons and armors ? from lockeds ?

Serancha
05-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Nowhere yet. It will be announced, but most llikely Crates.

Serancha
05-24-2014, 01:57 PM

This ^^^^^^^

Is totally kickin'. Best looking boss evah. (PS he'd make a great pet too!)

Onepiedead
05-24-2014, 02:06 PM
these mythic weapons will only drop from lockeds, right?

Onepiedead
05-24-2014, 02:07 PM
nvm

ShannKey
05-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Cool, awesome mythics. Ive been saving my plat and lockeds for 3 weeka now, hopefully wont have to wait much longer

rockllee
05-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Nice nice

Daniel Banuelos
05-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Question :will the new mythic weapons will be lootable from locked crates or from the bosses in the event?

Daniel Banuelos
05-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Still waiting for new pvp modes and some guild improvements

Excuses
05-24-2014, 10:06 PM
+one idea
Add little stat on 10m vanity like flower circlet. It will boost people to buy it.

Energizeric
05-24-2014, 11:23 PM
+one idea
Add little stat on 10m vanity like flower circlet. It will boost people to buy it.

If that were to happen, we will experience a redo of the dragon sets in Pocket Legends. Bad idea!

Malcolm Ireland
05-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Wow sounds great, can't wait

Sephiroth143
05-25-2014, 03:40 AM
We dont know yet, but I do not complain if the new gun is going to be better than the current top. I will be happy for this & i recently sold my kershal scrapter and cant wait the new weapon. :)

Every smurf loves guns, finally i could get rid of that stupid staff.

Edit: What i dont want to see, that they try to pre-balance things before release, lets give us first and then can express an opinion.

Same goes to me as well lol finally sold off my kershal back again, thought it was gd after they so called fix it but still not a wow impact to call it as an arcane.
Awaits for the new arrivals!

Ps Taking a break from elites to those who knew me^^ ill b up n runnin for more in event

Jig
05-25-2014, 04:15 AM
WOOOO!111 yayaya when will this happen again? can't read it all atm

Yushellane
05-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Weapons w/c rich people only afford :"(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Dex Scene
05-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Awesome stuffs!!!

Thanks a lot .
So from now on filthy rich, goldfinger these titles will be not gettable hmm!!

Warriors will be super tank now with these mythics!
Like the mage gun too just wished it looked a bit cooler!

New quests are very welcome :)

Nomore Skill swapping while cooldown will give some players trouble in pvp.

Skill attacks cancellation while pet leveling was so annoying. Bless you STS for fixing it.

And what else! Keep up the good works
Oh btw reminem if u see this, ur very beautiful :* lol

—AshDex

Rhaindra
05-25-2014, 10:01 AM
I love this much bro

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Ravager
05-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Will we get a free respec weekend now that we can properly see most of the passives?

mapgical
05-25-2014, 12:02 PM
New Scammer

Crowsfoot
05-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Will we get a free respec weekend now that we can properly see most of the passives?
We need this too due to new skills being added.

Hercules
05-25-2014, 01:10 PM
+Samhayne Hi, I have one question, The mythic armor also can to be upgraded to 41?

Sephiroth143
05-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Dont tell me its gonna b same method like gettin a mythic shard in the locks n farm like hell for the recipe to create our own class weapon from the flower token shop.......... Tell us sts! Wat do u mean "can be found" theres many possible answers on it, oh god, it cracks my brain seriously lol

Sephiroth143
05-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Either ways, ill b very much lookin forward for the new event, so want tat mythic gun, cool procs, i still love the warr weapon procs, its A W E S O M E! Wish i'm a warr xD first in AL history tat a class can actually "summon", rly look more into rpg concept! Oh n pls dont put cape on a mage, thks lmao xD

Sephiroth143
05-25-2014, 01:59 PM
So hope in da future, other 2 classes can also get da taste of summonin as well pls^^

phillyr
05-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Excellent, all good updates! All items we have been requesting for a long time!

I like the exclusive vanity for 10m (or really 11.5m as I assume you cannot get the third achievement without the first two), this works as a good gold sink.

However, without any achievement points, the vanity set better look amazing to get people to spend their gold. So yes, some kind of special effect is a must. Might I suggest some kind of smoke or flames, the way some sets in Pocket Legends looked. People always liked the smoke and flames of the demonic, glyph and dragon vanity sets. And make those effects not cancel out any effects that your other gear underneath has, but add to it. Another idea would be to have some sort of gold sparkle effect like the Fortified Sets in PL, except maybe a bit more noticeable. This would fit with the whole "gold" theme.

Lastly, one suggestion I'll make about the sorcerer vanity set.... When using a rifle, sorcerers are at a much different angle than when using a staff, and many of the vanity sets that have a cape in the back (or a long coat) look very odd when using a rifle as the coat gets stretched kind of funny. So when using a gun, I always avoid wearing a vanity set with a cape or long coat, and instead tend to go for vanity sets like the founders sets that stay close to your body. They look much better. So my suggestion is to make the sorcerer set like that, because I can't see spending 10m on a set that I can't use with half of the weapon types that are out there.

I totally agree about the sorcs vanity looking silly while holding a gun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tharidom
05-25-2014, 03:10 PM
So just when i only have 500k theres coming a 1mill title:/

tharidom
05-25-2014, 03:13 PM
And for the event system only new content will be for all lvls right? Cause otherways my tarlok potency armor and helm for rogue lvl 10 is worthless at once.

Ravager
05-25-2014, 04:10 PM
We need this too due to new skills being added.

But the client update with the mentioned patches are coming out first and then later down the line the skill system right?

Rhaindra
05-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Fight with goblin. We all being the trees lol

Rhaindra
05-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Actually I hate fighting with troll bc they can 1 hit K.O me.

mokdaddd
05-25-2014, 07:46 PM
any news when exactly date of release new event ??

Madnex
05-25-2014, 07:51 PM
But the client update with the mentioned patches are coming out first and then later down the line the skill system right?
Correct. People tend to confuse the skill-swapping & pet-spamming patches that are due in the next month with the new skill system adjustments that will follow several months later after the client release.

Tendirin
05-25-2014, 08:04 PM
will be cool i hope

Goodhabbit
05-25-2014, 09:34 PM
"I also want to include some additional details about the Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event."

Wat do u mean by tis? Elaborate clearly, the mythics ar lootable or the mythics ar tokens' items? And ar they gonna b in lockeds also?

Please reply to this question
Most of us are wondering if mythics are lootable or from locked or both

Sceazikua
05-25-2014, 09:43 PM
I totally agree about the sorcs vanity looking silly while holding a gun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Did you know ... the vanity armor in the pic looks exactly the same as shuyal liberator or shade robe?

Madnex
05-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Mythic weapons come in locked chests only - don't kid yourselves.

Yushellane
05-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Dont tell me its gonna b same method like gettin a mythic shard in the locks n farm like hell for the recipe to create our own class weapon from the flower token shop.......... Tell us sts! Wat do u mean "can be found" theres many possible answers on it, oh god, it cracks my brain seriously lol

True True xD Work dat

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

cooletzzz
05-25-2014, 11:54 PM
nice! can wait to have it :)

Dex Scene
05-26-2014, 12:29 AM
yeah i wonder that aswel

+Samhayne Hi, I have one question, The mythic armor also can to be upgraded to 41?

Kingofninjas
05-26-2014, 03:04 AM
the lvl 31 mythic bow gives 45 dex and and the lvl 41 one gives 54... does anyone else see a problem with this?

Kingofninjas
05-26-2014, 03:09 AM
Anothe rthing is when im comparing the dex crit and int bonuses of all three mythic weapons the mythic bow seems to be severely behind... also rouges and mages are not getting any additional crit bonus through the mythic weapons.

Cryrus
05-26-2014, 03:24 AM
If all gold AP will be removed that means all the Achievement points will be removed too?
(For the one who got the midas AP)

Energizeric
05-26-2014, 04:35 AM
Mythic weapons come in locked chests only - don't kid yourselves.

Mythic weapons in the past always came in Elite Golden Chests as well.

Haligali
05-26-2014, 04:44 AM

Yup, probably in elite golden dragon chests. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116816-New-Mythic-Weapons-Weekend-Exclusive-in-Arcane-Legends-Sept-20-22

Ravager
05-26-2014, 05:42 AM
Correct. People tend to confuse the skill-swapping & pet-spamming patches that are due in the next month with the new skill system adjustments that will follow several months later after the client release.

Eh. Hope for respec along with the client update.

Then another when the skill update is out.

The notes state that the pet fix is while the pet ability is active. Does that mean the buff the pet gives or the cooldown of the ability.

If its the ability, rogues cant spam valkin but nexus is fine? If its the cooldown, it would affect all pets.

Xeusx
05-26-2014, 08:02 AM
New Scammer
New Troller

utpal
05-26-2014, 09:32 AM
lol hali. ssssshhhh now everybody will stock up elite dragon XD and there price will spike

Madnex
05-26-2014, 10:32 AM

Yup, probably in elite golden dragon chests. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116816-New-Mythic-Weapons-Weekend-Exclusive-in-Arcane-Legends-Sept-20-22
Good point, I should've worded it differently because I meant they won't be coming as direct boss loot. Sam's statement on the other thread is kind of misleading/vague so a lot of people believed that direct mythic loot would be the case when it won't.

Eh. Hope for respec along with the client update.

Then another when the skill update is out.

The notes state that the pet fix is while the pet ability is active. Does that mean the buff the pet gives or the cooldown of the ability.

If its the ability, rogues cant spam valkin but nexus is fine? If its the cooldown, it would affect all pets.
A free respec for the actual skill system update is definitely happening but I don't see many chances for the first one. And probably both Valkin and Nexus will be useless but I've already thought of a way to replenish mana without pet spamming.

Bastilda
05-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Well, there goes my Scepter.... what a waste... well not really 15 lock scepter is pretty nice :D however I think the new mythic gun is ruining the point of "Arcane" having generally higher stats than mythics. Just my opinion

Andrisber
05-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Gold sets will be tradeable??

Eyrika
05-26-2014, 11:29 AM

In the logic > no

Ravager
05-26-2014, 12:39 PM

It would make no sense unless they were limited time vanities but its not stated that way.

Lets say I bought it for 10m. I try to sell it for 11m. No one would buy it from me but directly buy it for 10m from the game vendor.

falmear
05-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Well, there goes my Scepter.... what a waste... well not really 15 lock scepter is pretty nice :D however I think the new mythic gun is ruining the point of "Arcane" having generally higher stats than mythics. Just my opinion

Arcane is the new legendary. If Mythic > Arcane then Arcane = Legendary. Also makes the mythic staff an epic. I don't feel too bad about arcane staff but those who have mythic staff must be crying.

Xyzther
05-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Ok Samhayne I have a question, you said: "Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event." What does this exactly mean? Will we obtain the mythics through a boss, locks, or both?

Bastilda
05-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Arcane is the new legendary. If Mythic > Arcane then Arcane = Legendary. Also makes the mythic staff an epic. I don't feel too bad about arcane staff but those who have mythic staff must be crying.
Yeah the orbital is basically useless now, if they release new legend staffs then they will probably out do them... the item system is starting to become broken, it seems what keeps the price up are the twinks

Energizeric
05-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah the orbital is basically useless now, if they release new legend staffs then they will probably out do them... the item system is starting to become broken, it seems what keeps the price up are the twinks

The mythic staff had its time, it came out in September and was the second best sorcerer weapon for 8 months. With the new itemization strategy, nothing is going to stay the best for more than a few months. That is just how it will always be.

In the past when the same items remained the best for a long time, the result is a broken economy where nobody is interested in farming for anything or buying anything, and everyone just wants those few good items. By recycling the best items faster in favor of newer items, it keeps the economy moving and the game more interesting. There will always be something better to be had, and even if you have all the best stuff, in a few months there will be something new and better.

Kakashis
05-26-2014, 04:37 PM
The mythic staff had its time, it came out in September and was the second best sorcerer weapon for 8 months. With the new itemization strategy, nothing is going to stay the best for more than a few months. That is just how it will always be.

In the past when the same items remained the best for a long time, the result is a broken economy where nobody is interested in farming for anything or buying anything, and everyone just wants those few good items. By recycling the best items faster in favor of newer items, it keeps the economy moving and the game more interesting. There will always be something better to be had, and even if you have all the best stuff, in a few months there will be something new and better.

Only popping locked crates can keep you up to date with the best items at that point. No amount of farming or merching will get you there! Win win situation for STS and those looking to be always OP. Everyone else will be using 2nd tier items which is still fine.

falmear
05-26-2014, 05:10 PM

Mythic staff should be viable for current season + 1 season. How many times do we go through this. This is basically bad planning and has nothing to do with the economy. The way things are now its like this:

New mythic gun > arcane staff > mythic staff or expedition rifle > magmatic totem

New mythic gun should be on par with mythic staff and arcane staff should still be the top mage weapon. But the way they set the stats, is completely arbitrary. Also you can use the same logic with arcane staff. But its okay for you to post that its time they boost arcane staff but not mythic staff? Sorry that is hypocrisy. The whole arcane, mythic, legendary structure is a failure and how they are itemizing stuff now and in the past is basically failing. It doesn't matter to me whatever the best is I will have it. But not everyone has 30-50m+ to keep buying the best weapon.

bramer
05-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Mythic staff should be viable for current season + 1 season. How many times do we go through this. This is basically bad planning and has nothing to do with the economy. The way things are now its like this:

New mythic gun > arcane staff > mythic staff or expedition rifle > magmatic totem

New mythic gun should be on par with mythic staff and arcane staff should still be the top mage weapon. But the way they set the stats, is completely arbitrary. Also you can use the same logic with arcane staff. But its okay for you to post that its time they boost arcane staff but not mythic staff? Sorry that is hypocrisy. The whole arcane, mythic, legendary structure is a failure and how they are itemizing stuff now and in the past is basically failing. It doesn't matter to me whatever the best is I will have it. But not everyone has 30-50m+ to keep buying the best weapon.

The mythic staff is level 36 so it should roughly be on par with 41 legendary staffs, the arcane staff is also 36 so it should about be on par with 46 legendaries. And, the new mythic gun is Lvl 41 so it should roughly be on par with 46 legendaries. If this is true then the mythic staff should be the worst out if the three, as it is only comparable to 41 legendaries, and the arcane staff and mythic gun are both comparable to 46 legendaries, so it is reasonable that they have similar stats. Also, keep in mind that the 41 mythic gun hasn't been released so we don't know how powerful it actually is.

Bastilda
05-26-2014, 07:43 PM
I don't care if I have to crate pop, I'm just hoping for a plat sale now

Bastilda
05-26-2014, 07:46 PM
The mythic staff is level 36 so it should roughly be on par with 41 legendary staffs, the arcane staff is also 36 so it should about be on par with 46 legendaries. And, the new mythic gun is Lvl 41 so it should roughly be on par with 46 legendaries. If this is true then the mythic staff should be the worst out if the three, as it is only comparable to 41 legendaries, and the arcane staff and mythic gun are both comparable to 46 legendaries, so it is reasonable that they have similar stats. Also, keep in mind that the 41 mythic gun hasn't been released so we don't know how powerful it actually is.
if you check the stats with arcane staff they are roughly the same, the proc on the arcane staff is literally nothing compared to the new proc on the mythic gun, only thing keeping the arcane staff around is the +60int in the proc, the AOE damage from basic and charged attacks and the "arcane" status

Energizeric
05-26-2014, 08:55 PM

Level 36 Arcane should be roughly the same as level 41 mythic, and level 36 mythic should be roughly the same as level 41 legendary. So it appears they got the balance right as both of these seem to be true.

Yes, the mythic gun will have more damage than the arcane staff, but we all know guns have more damage than staffs, so that is the be expected. But the arcane staff has higher base stats and adds a ton of crit, so that makes up for it. If I remember correctly, the same comparison existed between the level 26 arcane hooks and the level 31 mythic bow. The bow had higher damage (bows higher damage than daggers), but the hooks had better base stats. We are seeing the same thing again here.

Our main complaint about the arcane staff has nothing to do with stats and has to do with a proc that we don't like. But that has little to do with this conversation, and is the reason why I (and others) wanted the staff changed. We were not asking for a stat buff.

The level 36 mythic staff is very good as is. A level 41 mythic item is obviously going to be better than a level 36 mythic item, just as the level 36 mythic staff was better than the level 31 runic gun.

Overall, I'd say the balance in stats is just about right. If they could only change the kershal proc then I'd be pleased.

Yes, I realize everyone is upset, but you all want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to have pricey items that you can buy that will last you 2 years in the game as the best item, but then you also want the economy to be good and for there to be good items to farm. Well I am here to tell you that you cannot have both of those things. It is impossible. If the best items don't get replaced often, then you can expect the economy to come to a standstill like it did last fall during the shuyal expansion. That is just basic rules of economics.

Energizeric
05-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Only popping locked crates can keep you up to date with the best items at that point. No amount of farming or merching will get you there! Win win situation for STS and those looking to be always OP. Everyone else will be using 2nd tier items which is still fine.

Not true. I don't pop crates, and I've never looted anything mythic or arcane, nor have I have purchased any items with plat and resold them for gold (like elixir kits or pet eggs). Yet I currently have most of the best items and I'm about half way there to saving enough gold for the arcane ring.

So no, I don't have everything that is the best, but I'm pretty close. And I'm sure there are quite a few players who have done a better job at merching or farming than I have. So I'm sure many have achieved the best items without poping crates.

Kakashis
05-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Level 36 Arcane should be roughly the same as level 41 mythic, and level 36 mythic should be roughly the same as level 41 legendary. So it appears they got the balance right as both of these seem to be true.

Yes, the mythic gun will have more damage than the arcane staff, but we all know guns have more damage than staffs, so that is the be expected. But the arcane staff has higher base stats and adds a ton of crit, so that makes up for it. If I remember correctly, the same comparison existed between the level 26 arcane hooks and the level 31 mythic bow. The bow had higher damage (bows higher damage than daggers), but the hooks had better base stats. We are seeing the same thing again here.

Our main complaint about the arcane staff has nothing to do with stats and has to do with a proc that we don't like. But that has little to do with this conversation, and is the reason why I (and others) wanted the staff changed. We were not asking for a stat buff.

The level 36 mythic staff is very good as is. A level 41 mythic item is obviously going to be better than a level 36 mythic item, just as the level 36 mythic staff was better than the level 31 runic gun.

Overall, I'd say the balance in stats is just about right. If they could only change the kershal proc then I'd be pleased.

Yes, I realize everyone is upset, but you all want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to have pricey items that you can buy that will last you 2 years in the game as the best item, but then you also want the economy to be good and for there to be good items to farm. Well I am here to tell you that you cannot have both of those things. It is impossible. If the best items don't get replaced often, then you can expect the economy to come to a standstill like it did last fall during the shuyal expansion. That is just basic rules of economics.

I think the main problem with mythic being best for one season +1 and Arcane one season +2 is the fact that they're releasing the next version too soon. They aren't truly the best for that said duration because of the new ones being released when the old ones are still supposed to shine. I still remember how mad I was to have the mythic daggers come out shortly after hooks received a slight buff that were far superior in every way. Lesson learned though, I won't be using these high price items anymore because you can see that the same has happened for the staff now. The maul surprisingly got a lucky break as its main competitor weapon has never been of the same type and should still outshine the tanking weapon that's coming next.

If you don't have unlimited gold and have to choose between an Arcane pet versus a mythic/Arcane weapon, please do yourself a favor and go with a pet first. If you have enough after getting the pet, buy another High priced pet. They're so much better because they have abilities that will buff a party up which for as long as you'll play the game and thus far better than any expiring weapon.

falmear
05-26-2014, 09:26 PM

If you look at the stats on mythic gun and arcane staff the amount of health is very close. The DPS is the same and the proc is most likely way better. The amount of damage is yet to be determined. They could have fixed arcane staff long time ago but just decided to ignore us then throw us a bone 8 months later. Now they just nerf everyone's stuff to try and balance everything out. Sorry but the balance of stats isn't about right not among weapons in one's class and across classes. Again this has nothing to do with the economy because you can't farm mythics weapons like legendaries. They are totally controlled by how many are in game & demand and nothing else. The way they fix stuff is like closing the door after the horse has left the barn.

Energizeric
05-27-2014, 12:59 AM
If you don't have unlimited gold and have to choose between an Arcane pet versus a mythic/Arcane weapon, please do yourself a favor and go with a pet first. If you have enough after getting the pet, buy another High priced pet. They're so much better because they have abilities that will buff a party up which for as long as you'll play the game and thus far better than any expiring weapon.

Everyone has to determine that strategy for themselves. But I like that it's not easy to "stay on top".

For me, I have to select my items carefully. I don't need to always have the best gear every season. So during season 4 I had the best gear and I ruled in PvP. Then I kept the same exact gear in season 5 and I never got the Kershal or mythic staff. Now in season 6 I finally got the kershal, and now I'm saving my gold and will have to decide what to buy next. Will it be an arcane ring? If so then likely I won't be able to afford it for a few months. Or maybe there will be some other mythic item that comes out, like a new amulet (they seem overdue) that I'll spend some of my gold on.

But whatever you buy, you better be prepared to use it for at least 2 seasons if you spend a lot of money on it. At first it will be the best and then a few months later it will be second best. But having the second best weapon is still very good. Very few players have the best of everything, and as you say, staying on top with the best of everything will require a ton of gold, and that is the way it should be IMO.

Sorry, but I don't think it should be easy to get the best of all gear. I actually think in season 4 it was far too easy for players to load up with the best of everything, and it seemed all too common to find a player who was full mythic. I like now later on there are some more arcane items and mythics have become rarer and are more expensive. Mythics in season 4 were at a rarity level that legendary items should be.

Mythics and Arcanes should be so rare that most players don't have them, and those who do rarely have more than 1 or 2. An environment where all the pro players are all mythic and arcane is an environment where the economy is ruined because anyone who has any gold is not in the market to buy anything because they already have all the best gear. So farming suffers, elite legendary items drop in price, and the PvE portion of the game becomes boring. And that is exactly what we saw much of last year.

This change is a welcome one by me. I think you all just don't like it because it makes the game more difficult for you. Easy = boring. Difficult = a challenge. That is my viewpoint.

Energizeric
05-27-2014, 01:06 AM
If you look at the stats on mythic gun and arcane staff the amount of health is very close. The DPS is the same and the proc is most likely way better. The amount of damage is yet to be determined. They could have fixed arcane staff long time ago but just decided to ignore us then throw us a bone 8 months later. Now they just nerf everyone's stuff to try and balance everything out. Sorry but the balance of stats isn't about right not among weapons in one's class and across classes. Again this has nothing to do with the economy because you can't farm mythics weapons like legendaries. They are totally controlled by how many are in game & demand and nothing else. The way they fix stuff is like closing the door after the horse has left the barn.

The health difference is more than 150, and the crit different accounting for all the DEX points the kershal has and the crit stat itself is almost 5%. That is huge. That is equal to having 5 extra skill points that instead of putting in passive crit you could put elsewhere. I know right now we all have more skill points than we know what to do with, but changes will be coming in the near future that will change that, and skill points will once again be at a premium.

falmear
05-27-2014, 02:28 AM
The health difference is more than 150, and the crit different accounting for all the DEX points the kershal has and the crit stat itself is almost 5%. That is huge. That is equal to having 5 extra skill points that instead of putting in passive crit you could put elsewhere. I know right now we all have more skill points than we know what to do with, but changes will be coming in the near future that will change that, and skill points will once again be at a premium.

150 health in PvE is useful because you can use pots. In PvP its nothing because 150 more health won't stop anything. And given you can stand back and fire your gun from further away unlike a staff, the amount of health difference is meaningless. Also most of the health comes from DEX so this does nothing to help your shield absorb damage. However you are right about the crit as its a loss of 4.33%. This is why I'd like to see them add crit and lose the mana regen. Mages have no way to increase crit so they should maintain the same amount that was on the mythic staff to keep it on par.

Foebegone
05-27-2014, 03:56 AM
At last they have put decent mana regen on a mage weapon! for so long I have struggled with no mana due to all my skill points being in STR! The ker'shal's mana proc was a good start, Oh my! did that get me out of a few scrapes! and once i get the Arcane ring I can see that helping with my mana a lot! but with this! I can finally say good bye to those mana pots! they were killing me with the cost, this gun will literally pay for itself!

ok need to get back to tanking elites.

extrapayah
05-27-2014, 03:59 AM
great content update and bugfixing! well done

but i can't hold myself to complaint about blocking skill swap, don't you think you discourage players to have unique or creative builds?
i could say in term of contents, dev successfully improved, but in term of gameplay, dev successfully downgrade it...
i know it make the game simpler, there is nothing wrong by making the game simpler, it will be easier to make it balanced, but you sure you're not running away from challenge? the challenge of making your game balanced with improved skill system?

thank you

Haligali
05-27-2014, 06:39 AM
At last they have put decent mana regen on a mage weapon! for so long I have struggled with no mana due to all my skill points being in STR! The ker'shal's mana proc was a good start, Oh my! did that get me out of a few scrapes! and once i get the Arcane ring I can see that helping with my mana a lot! but with this! I can finally say good bye to those mana pots! they were killing me with the cost, this gun will literally pay for itself!

lol

TheMightyFeusalet
05-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Nice

izubattousaiOlrek
05-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Awesome updates sts teams I really like the new item designs, stats and PROCs. What about the 5th skill slot and slightly lowering mana cost to agment that new setup? Also the rogue is the only character that doesnt have an attack that allows you to stun, unless equip with bow it is possible to stun with shadow pierce randomly, is there anyway to look forward to those changes?

Xeusx
05-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Awesome updates sts teams I really like the new item designs, stats and PROCs. What about the 5th skill slot and slightly lowering mana cost to agment that new setup? Also the rogue is the only character that doesnt have an attack that allows you to stun, unless equip with bow it is possible to stun with shadow pierce randomly, is there anyway to look forward to those changes?
No to 5th skill slot.
Skill's mana cost is balanced.
All weapon (rogue) can stun with charged normal attack.

Haligali
05-27-2014, 09:49 AM

But stun a rogue is the most difficult, high dodge and razor shield, this new bow is designed the same way also(bushes removes stun and snare) If you cant be stunned, but you can stun always, that doesnt sound balanced for me.

Energizeric
05-27-2014, 10:51 AM

I don't mind a 5th skill slot, although I don't see it as necessary. But definitely NO to lowering mana cost. Rogues have a ridiculous amount of damage already. If you have a mana problem then you can spec some additional INT and deal with a slight reduction of damage. You obviously have more mana at level 41 than you had at level 36 or 31, yet the skills still use the same amount of mana. So there is no need to reduce the amount of mana they take.

Approximation
05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Wow this is nice event

Sent from my Andromax-c using Tapatalk

Zeus
05-27-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't mind a 5th skill slot, although I don't see it as necessary. But definitely NO to lowering mana cost. Rogues have a ridiculous amount of damage already. If you have a mana problem then you can spec some additional INT and deal with a slight reduction of damage. You obviously have more mana at level 41 than you had at level 36 or 31, yet the skills still use the same amount of mana. So there is no need to reduce the amount of mana they take.

Skills do not use the same amount of mana, Energ! It scales up! :)

Dex Scene
05-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Anxiously waiting for the time when these patches gonna be added :D I hope it comes fast like in 2 weeks!! :) that'd be awesome

—AshDex

Dex Scene
05-27-2014, 11:40 AM

Hahahahhha.... nice one

—AshDex

ShadowEnder
05-27-2014, 11:40 AM
as a new player i hope it takes a month or longer... r.r

Energizeric
05-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Skills do not use the same amount of mana, Energ! It scales up! :)

I never noticed that!

Either way it does not change my opinion on the matter. Since rogue skills have the shortest cool downs, a 5th skill slot gives rogues a bigger damage advantage. So if you want to be able to use that extra skill, you will either run out of mana faster or you will have to spec some more INT and suffer a slight damage reduction as a result.

I don't think we are going to see a 5th skill slot though. It will disrupt PvP balance even more and will most likely take months to balance and a lot of annoyed players in the meantime. Better to just keep 4 skills and add some extra skill upgrades (and maybe alter some of the more useless upgrades that already exist). The key is to make skill upgrades that are actually useful.

I like the idea of proc-like upgrades. An example of this is the upgrade to lightning which gives a 25% chance to stun the target on a charged attack. I want to see more of these types of upgrades. What if aimed shot had an upgrade which gave a 20% chance to refill mana by a certain percentage based on the damage caused. Or maybe Fireball should have an upgrade which has a 20% chance of healing the sorcerer by a certain amount based on the DoT damage caused. Upgrades like that would be fun and interesting and may alleviate the need for a 5th skill slot.

Instanthumor
05-27-2014, 03:47 PM
I just realized that the mythic gun does not give any crit... Umm..

Crowsfoot
05-27-2014, 04:06 PM
None of them do, except for the crit obtained through Dex.

Energizeric
05-27-2014, 04:39 PM

Yup, so maybe it is not better than kershal then. ;)

They are just different weapons and probably are useful for different purposes and playing styles.

Instanthumor
05-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Yup, so maybe it is not better than kershal then. ;)

I doubt this.

fourleaf
05-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Dang extra post
Is there a way to delete on iOS

fourleaf
05-27-2014, 05:02 PM
May Arcane Legends Producer's Letter*

The gold achievement vanities look so pro

falmear
05-27-2014, 06:31 PM

I hope they add crit because right now with mythics & arcane staff, max crit is 34.88%. Losing 4.33% means our crit is lowered by 12.5%. So this is a big loss. We shouldn't be going backwards on crit.

Xyzther
05-27-2014, 07:35 PM

Are you related to Billy Mays?

alfred052398
05-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Will we be seeing new mythic or arcane pets :) Sneak peak please....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Haligali
05-28-2014, 01:20 AM
I hope they add crit because right now with mythics & arcane staff, max crit is 34.88%. Losing 4.33% means our crit is lowered by 12.5%. So this is a big loss. We shouldn't be going backwards on crit.

Eh, above 30% is good enough for me.

Foebegone
05-28-2014, 04:33 AM
Are you related to Billy Mays?

Shhhhh! I'm meant to be dead for tax purposes!

uiscabu
05-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Finally new mythic, interesting eagers to watch....let's see

boukedjar
05-28-2014, 02:08 PM
I like

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk

thyurity
05-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Yessss events + Gifs :D

Sceazikua
05-29-2014, 12:07 AM
I think I found something most people overlooked

Kingofninjas
05-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Firstly, I believe that most rouges ( myself included) who use bows in pvp, rely very little on the proc of the bow. Personally I have only gotten the proc a few times and that was after I ran out of mana. Also, rouges would do max. 1500 damage with a charge attack with the bow. 10% of that is 150 health. Is that meagre amount of health realy worth the valuable time lost in charging the bow attack.

Secondly, there is not a significant increase in health between the lvl 41 legendary bow and the lvl 41 mythic one. The mythic bow doesn't give much crit bonus as well. Because of the health, crit and proc, personally I would find myself using the mythic daggers over the mythic bow ( if I could ever afford either of them). The only time I would find myself using the bow over the daggers is while facing tank/s in 1 on 1 ( or a clash with considerable number of tanks).

I really think rouges would benefit a lot more if the health restore part of the bow was scrapped entirely and we got some crit and/or strength bonus. Another thing I would love to see is the return of tarlok gems ( named differently of course).

Finally, a huge question that many have had on their minds, "Will the mythic weapons drop from crates and elite golden dragonscale chests or the equivalent of the imbued golden tarlok chests?" Would love to have this cleared up as soon as possible so I don't spend any more time and money farming and buying elite golden dragonscale chests.

I'm not going to even get into the insanely strong mythic gun and the seemingly weaker mythic sword-shield.

Haligali
05-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Is that meagre amount of health realy worth the valuable time lost in charging the bow attack.

You charge your bow anyways for stun, it can give back a few hp now also.

Kingofninjas
05-29-2014, 12:21 PM
You charge your bow anyways for stun, it can give back a few hp now also.

How often? Not very. Maybe 3-4 times per clash ( in a fairly long 1). I'm just saying I would rather get maybe 20 str bonus from bow itself or 4% crit than a pretty much useless effect like this.

Kingofninjas
05-29-2014, 12:27 PM
Another point I forgot to raise is the difference in base stats between the lvl 36 mythic daggers and lvl 41 bow

Daggers - 170.9 dps, 53 DEX, 25 STR, 16 INT, 4.12% CRIT
Bow - 150.4 dps, 54 DEX, 29 INT

We gain only 1 DEX and 13 INT and lose 25 str and 4.12% CRIT. Additionally health and crit are propably the most important factors for a rouges stats ( other than dps which I have no complaints with for the bow) and I find it hard to believe that the lvl 36 mythic would be better than the lvl 41 one in both these factors.

Energizeric
05-29-2014, 01:16 PM
I think what we are seeing here is STS trying to solve endgame pvp balance issues with the new mythic weapons instead of making actual programming changes. We see an OP sorcerer gun, and underpowered warrior sword & shield, and a rogue bow that is probably no more powerful than their level 36 daggers. Keep in mind with the change of now allowing skill swapping, that benefits rogues most. Warriors were already quite OP in PvP. And sorcerers were way underpowered. So perhaps this will help balance things.

Crowsfoot
05-29-2014, 01:51 PM
I think what we are seeing here is STS trying to solve endgame pvp balance issues with the new mythic weapons instead of making actual programming changes. We see an OP sorcerer gun, and underpowered warrior sword & shield, and a rogue bow that is probably no more powerful than their level 36 daggers. Keep in mind with the change of now allowing skill swapping, that benefits rogues most. Warriors were already quite OP in PvP. And sorcerers were way underpowered. So perhaps this will help balance things.
They didn't get rid of skill swapping. They removed skill swapping a skill in cool down.

Players can, and will, continue to skill swap by having proper timing. Give it a week and complaint threads will come flying that a warrior hacked the game because they skill swapped.