PDA

View Full Version : No attack skill build for tanking?

Wutzgood
05-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Been using a 6 skill build for my warrior (ss, windmill, vb, jugg, horn, rally) and recently started experimenting with the 4 boosting skills with no attacks.

Having rally, vb, jugg and horn going at the same time makes me able to absorb a ton of damage but not doing much. Its been working well with mages and rogues behind me tho.

I'm normally a Mage user but have been experimenting with these 6 skills and was wondering what people who use warriors alot feel about no attack skills?

Hectororius
05-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Its definitely way out there in terms of builds. something like that might actually work ok with say a Architect blade of Will that can also proc taunts while you wait for your CD from your other skills.

Not sure if your runs are a bit longer than usual, but if you start running deathless runs and your not losing aggro to your party, you might be on to something.

Will I try it? No. But if you can coordinate with your team and they know what to expect, then more power to you :)

Crowsfoot
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
VB seems worthless without any attack skills, besides the mana return.

utpal
05-23-2014, 01:43 AM
running around with 4 buff skill IS a no brainer in pvp.

and in pve Idk bt seems to work if 2 war and 2sorc but rally cry is useless skill. u can use it in passive or in CS or axe throw.

Madnex
05-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Three deffensive-buff skills is not a very bad idea if you are experienced enough to hold the aggro but rally cry has no place in any build anywhere. Do away with it and replace with cs; the ideal build for PvE elite maps warrior is ss, cs, hor, jugg. Windmill is too weak IMO. I've specialized in six skills ATM, including veng and axe and the above for PvP-bosses mostly.

Crowsfoot
05-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Three deffensive-buff skills is not a very bad idea if you are experienced enough to hold the aggro but rally cry has no place in any build anywhere. Do away with it and replace with cs; the ideal build for PvE elite maps warrior is ss, cs, hor, jugg. Windmill is too weak IMO. I've specialized in six skills ATM, including veng and axe and the above for PvP-bosses mostly.

PvE wise, the only skills I don't have are RC and SS. Of those, I only wish had 2 points for SS so I could move through km3 faster.

Wutzgood
05-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. Switched rally for chest splitter so 3 attacks and 3 boost skills now.