PDA

View Full Version : Free potions?

Kiberian
12-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Sooo people buy potions, but has anyone ever thought to just make a new character and stash their 25 pots, delete and repeat? Am I missing something? I haven't tried it myself but it seems like a possible exploit.

PS. If there are rules against posting this sort of thing then please delete the thread.

Kossi
12-27-2010, 09:56 PM
lol lets see

25 pots, 15 coins ea= 375g....

you must be the biggest noob in the world to do that -.-

oh, not to mention you have to be a lv4 to stash, which makes it even MORE pointless

Kiberian
12-27-2010, 10:02 PM
lol lets see

25 pots, 15 coins ea= 375g....

you must be the biggest noob in the world to do that -.-

oh, not to mention you have to be a lv4 to stash, which makes it even MORE pointless

Idk, I just see people complaining about buying potions while leveling up, which is why I mentioned it. I would just buy them myself.

Herro
12-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I was confused about this too, as potions are really cheap, but i realized people meant elixirs :/

Guolin
12-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Same deal here. I was really excited when I (easily) got lots more gold than the 1250g pot price tag.

Herro
12-27-2010, 10:18 PM
isnt it 1500 or 3000? when was it 1250 lol

Guolin
12-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Eh, close enough. :P

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Only reason I complain about buying potions is because I go thru like 5k mana and health potions a week.... I hate it when people post "OMG I MADE SUCH BANK ON THE GOLD DROPS FROM CYBER" Shut up noob, you only made bank because you leeched and never casted a spell or took a drop of aggro. Not directed to anyone in this thread of course :).

Another way of doing this is just stashing your potions, no need to make a new charecter. I got like 10k of each pot in the stash right now and I still get my free 25 potions from drops.

CowboyJim
12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Yes, when helping a friend level, I have them hold my pots while I collect them on drops. After a few runs of Crush the Keeper or one of the other areas where the pot drop rate is high, I have several hundred of each in my stash.....I wouldn't waste the time pot farming just to do it, but since I was helping someone level, why not?

krazii
12-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Are you saying potions drop? When and where? Do you have to be out of potions for them to drop?

BorjaQ
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I get like 15-20 health AND 15-20 mana drops during one run through 5 lvls of the lost expedition.

Also, use items with a high mana refresh. At lvl 30 I can constantly heal and virtually never run out of mana. I think my mana refresh is around 15. (As a healer with lvl 5 heal.)

Herro
12-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Are you saying potions drop? When and where? Do you have to be out of potions for them to drop?

Pots drop until 25 pots of each.

pcm2a
12-28-2010, 10:49 PM
As a mage I don't use many pots. I take my 25 after each few runs and stash them. It builds up pretty fast :)

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 04:39 AM

You can get up to 25 health and 25 mana potions from drops. They drop anywhere in the game, most commonly from chests. Once you get to 25, you max out and wont get anymore until you use some potions.

As a mage I don't use many pots. I take my 25 after each few runs and stash them. It builds up pretty fast :)

How... Tell me your ways Mystical one...

I burn through thousands of potions....

Riccits
12-29-2010, 04:43 AM

do it same... its a bit annoing.. but i stash whenever i check cs...

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 05:36 AM
I use lots of pots also. There's no way I could just collect 25 and stash them.

I minimize my use by not farming much. :P Also it depends on who I'm playing. My mage seems ok w/ mana regen and she heals. My birdie goes through a lot of mana pots; hundreds of them in one session. My bear seems to have the lowest pot usage, though he still uses some, maybe a hundred or so each in a session.

As for the delete thing, I'll empty a character before deleting, but pot farming seems really tedious. The running-with-a-friend thing was the only way I think it could work. You just keep giving your friend your extra pots. However, I'm used to holding hundreds of pots at a time. I think I would freak at being constantly under 500 of either hp or mana pots :P

And you can't stash/hold elixirs.

Sanatorium
12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
I remember making my first 1,500 Gold in the game... wasted it on pots.
My first 3,000... pots.
My first 10,000... pots.
My first 30,000... pots.
My first 200,000... around 70k on pots.
I hate how I go in Alien Oasis and I'm always the one risking of dieing.
Everyone else leeches or waits until I get attacked so they can start fighting -__-.
But... pots are pots, not that expensive for 100, I go through around 10-15K pots a week, yes... that's a lot ):.
Devs I just say you give us all 20,000 pots if we're over level 35 and never do it again haha, that'd be great :).

Anetrava
12-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I recently noticed the potion drops myself. I normally keep a 1000 of each, but while leveling my new character in the swamps I ran out of health pots and then all the sudden I had 5. Guess I never paid attention before or always had too many in my inventory. It was nice to not have to leave the level without it being completed. I do agree, it's definately not worth farming but it's a good touch.

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
If I notice I'm using so many pots, that's I'm going negative on gold collection, including drops, I will respec or change my equips. Because if you are always going negative, at some point, you won't be able to afford those pots :P

Anetrava
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
If I notice I'm using so many pots, that's I'm going negative on gold collection, including drops, I will respec or change my equips. Because if you are always going negative, at some point, you won't be able to afford those pots :P

I've been thinking that myself. Perhaps I am so used to playing my enchantress that my archer tactics are off. I'm using way too many pots to stay alive and use skills. However, that is a topic for another post which I will look into shortly. :) Sorry for the short diversion!

Ayrilana
12-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Potions really are not that expensive. You can easily spend thirty minutes and farm enough items for them. Buy them from the pot seller in Forest Haven. If you buy 100 then it's 15 gold per potion compared to the 28 gold per potion from the store.

krazii
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
LoL, been a long time since I had less then 25 pots, I usually keep 1500 each and restock at 500, seems like it'd be too risky to go below 25, thanks for info, learning about this makes me feel like such a noob.

Vaelma
12-29-2010, 02:32 PM
LoL, been a long time since I had less then 25 pots, I usually keep 1500 each and restock at 500, seems like it'd be too risky to go below 25, thanks for info, learning about this makes me feel like such a noob.

I'm with you Krazil! Always learning new stuff here on the forums. Think a lot of "noob" insults ingame would diminish if more people read the forums. I had no idea about pot drops. But always have 1500 like you and wouldn't have noticed. Did wonder when I first started playing. Never saw anything in chat box about pots dropping.

Love my pally build, but oy yoy yoy (sp) she goes thru TONS of mana pots.

I've learned to put stuff on auction at prices at least equal to the amount I may spend on mana pots that night. Lol.

djkrazze
12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
this is a lame question but i spend over 50 potions a week lmao no joke so its a waste of gold! but how do u farm for potions and mana? sorry yeah im new to this so still dont know what half of yall are talking about and i looked up what farming is but i dont get nada

Anetrava
12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
this is a lame question but i spend over 50 potions a week lmao no joke so its a waste of gold! but how do u farm for potions and mana? sorry yeah im new to this so still dont know what half of yall are talking about and i looked up what farming is but i dont get nada

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but you can collect potions randomly when killing if you have under 25 potions in your current inventory. I have never done this but I assume you can put anything over 25 in your stash. I wouldn't worry so much about it as you will gain more gold and items then potions. I normally break even on my runs right now and I'm not being very efficient.

Farming is going to a certain place and killing things over and over again for a certain item or gold. Some players 'farm' bosses for their pink item drops, others farm some areas for gold (I do runs through the balefort grate).

djkrazze
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but you can collect potions randomly when killing if you have under 25 potions in your current inventory. I have never done this but I assume you can put anything over 25 in your stash. I wouldn't worry so much about it as you will gain more gold and items then potions. I normally break even on my runs right now and I'm not being very efficient.

Farming is going to a certain place and killing things over and over again for a certain item or gold. Some players 'farm' bosses for their pink item drops, others farm some areas for gold (I do runs through the balefort grate).

sweeet NO WONDER NO POTIONS I ALWAYZ CARRY LIKE 50 LMFAO thanx for explaining the whole farming deal! if there was a thanks button i would click on it!

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
I remember making my first 1,500 Gold in the game... wasted it on pots.
My first 3,000... pots.
My first 10,000... pots.
My first 30,000... pots.
My first 200,000... around 70k on pots.
I hate how I go in Alien Oasis and I'm always the one risking of dieing.
Everyone else leeches or waits until I get attacked so they can start fighting -__-.
But... pots are pots, not that expensive for 100, I go through around 10-15K pots a week, yes... that's a lot ):.
Devs I just say you give us all 20,000 pots if we're over level 35 and never do it again haha, that'd be great :).

Exactly... I have gotten a lot harsher lately when I host. If a bear is waiting for a mage to run into a room with 3 lore keepers and god knows how many yellow aliens, hes getting the BOOTAXE right away. No questions asked.

Fyrce
12-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah, gotta love the bears waiting for the mages/birds to tank. If the group is standing outside a room and I'm the bear, I'm going in. I hope everyone follows :P If I'm the mage and it's a bear I know, I don't always wait for the bear. I know he's right behind me to SAVE me! :):):)

And for anyone who doesn't know: Stay in range of the bear's skills! The bear can't save you if he's keeping the sniper or two pinned and you're running off in the next room! LOL. A smart bear MIGHT be able to run after you, but he also might be saving the rest of the group.

That goes with staying within range of the mage's heals, etc. Some players are SOOOO funny as they're running to the other end of the dungeon :P

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 03:14 AM
Yeah, gotta love the bears waiting for the mages/birds to tank. If the group is standing outside a room and I'm the bear, I'm going in. I hope everyone follows :P If I'm the mage and it's a bear I know, I don't always wait for the bear. I know he's right behind me to SAVE me! :):):)

And for anyone who doesn't know: Stay in range of the bear's skills! The bear can't save you if he's keeping the sniper or two pinned and you're running off in the next room! LOL. A smart bear MIGHT be able to run after you, but he also might be saving the rest of the group.

That goes with staying within range of the mage's heals, etc. Some players are SOOOO funny as they're running to the other end of the dungeon :P

Theres nothing like standing in front of the lorekeeper room right before keeper in victory lap as a pure int mage. The entire group waits, you finally run in, then only a few players follow! Then once your halfway beaten to death, the others oh so generously join and don't cast 1 freakin spell. gotta love people nowadays eh..

Fyrce
12-30-2010, 03:34 AM
OMG, LOL. I think I would run in and right back out into group :P Maybe past the group... you know, share the experience. I'd at least circle the group. In case anyone wanted to jump in *hint*hint*

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 07:45 PM
OMG, LOL. I think I would run in and right back out into group :P Maybe past the group... you know, share the experience. I'd at least circle the group. In case anyone wanted to jump in *hint*hint*

Hahaha I am out to get leachers now! I will gather up a ton of aggro, thne when the leacher finally hops in, I just stop all attacks and spells. The aggro will switch to the leacher since he is at LEAST... auto attacking... After he gets whooped I don't rev them and make their lazy behinds walk all the way back! Someones gotta teach them a lesson :).

Phoenixking
12-30-2010, 08:03 PM
lol you are right but dont do that to leachers thatpay you are asking it as a favor of a freind this one time i was with my freind power leveling to get to 40 quickly for me to lvl on my own so a weird person walks me and starts saying bad things to me example you shouldnt be here your a noob go to your level my freind was doing me a favor and he boots the hater the other people backed me up because i was actually helping i debuffed djinn mobs buffed my party and healed and rev so i was actually helpful trying not to get alot of aggro

Fyrce
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
LOL. Playing w/ friends is not an issue, Phoenix. Whatever your group likes, just do it. The game is supposed to be fun. It's when we get people who glom onto us, won't help and won't leave. Or do more harm than good. I think most of us try to speak to them, but sometimes... Anyways, dragging aggro around is great fun :)

And the best part with inexperienced players: They attack! Makes me really happy!!!! :):):)
(And I DO try to explain to inexperienced types about aggro, etc, but I noticed that doesn't stop them from attacking! So I is still happy!)

djkrazze
12-31-2010, 01:11 AM
i wouldnt mind helping players out, just tell me whats up, and i so hate leachers! or people that use you and dont revive you just to finish the boss tsk tsk man not cool!

Pharcyde
12-31-2010, 04:24 PM
lol you are right but dont do that to leachers thatpay you are asking it as a favor of a freind this one time i was with my freind power leveling to get to 40 quickly for me to lvl on my own so a weird person walks me and starts saying bad things to me example you shouldnt be here your a noob go to your level my freind was doing me a favor and he boots the hater the other people backed me up because i was actually helping i debuffed djinn mobs buffed my party and healed and rev so i was actually helpful trying not to get alot of aggro

Haha its not friends or level 40's who are the issues. Level 40's feel useless in lvl 50 parties so they try their hardest to contribute :).

Anyways what I am talking about is Level 50's, some even in END FREAKIN game gear that don't do anything. These are the type of people that sit there watching tv and texting while all they do is hold the joystick forward. These are often the people that talk about making bank from alien green item drops.. The only reason they make bank is because they don't do squat, if they actually contributed they would notice that they make a hell of a lot less money.

Estraz
12-31-2010, 08:42 PM
I only use mana potions as an enchantress because they can heal themselves.

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 03:29 AM
I only use mana potions as an enchantress because they can heal themselves.

I take constant aggro tho cuz I have crappy teams most the time.

YennyKay
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I think this can go here. Sorry for draggin' up an old one...

I just recently noticed, playing with a friend, that you can "farm" pots. How excited I was that I didn't have to spend gold on them anymore!

However, after stashing what I had (back to 0), and running a few boards in Plasma, My friend bragged that he had gained the full 25 while I had not gained one... We have made quite a few runs with my 54 and I am still not getting any pot drops...
I switched to my lvl 12 mage and received the drops...

I'm not sure why I would be receiving pots with one but not the other... Any input would be helpful and appreciated!

BTW: Pocket legends ROCKS!!!

YennyKay
03-26-2011, 08:39 AM
**Bump** (Extra words, extra words) ;)

Nytesdawn
03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Rather than start a new thread, I think this can go here. Sorry for draggin' up an old one...

I just recently noticed, playing with a friend, that you can "farm" pots. How excited I was that I didn't have to spend gold on them anymore!

However, after stashing what I had (back to 0), and running a few boards in Plasma, My friend bragged that he had gained the full 25 while I had not gained one... We have made quite a few runs with my 54 and I am still not getting any pot drops...
I switched to my lvl 12 mage and received the drops...

I'm not sure why I would be receiving pots with one but not the other... Any input would be helpful and appreciated!

BTW: Pocket legends ROCKS!!!

Might be since you're high leveled for the area since the recommended lvl max is 45

Jtpup74799
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
No... I've been in a dungeon with no potions left then when I go to my inventory to double-check my potions i have ten to fifteen. I hope I helped!

YennyKay
03-26-2011, 05:31 PM
So after days of trying to figure out why I'm not collecting pots, it figures after I dig up an old post, all of a sudden I'm collecting 25 pots a run...

I shake my fist at you Murpheys Law!

Thanks for the input tho!

Fatpigwarrior
03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
go to ellie the enchantress cheap health and mana pots

YennyKay
03-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I knew about ellies discount, But I really wanted to figure out what the deal was with the pot drops...

So through some testing with a friend-(hosting several boards) We noticed that the one who spawned in the board first was receiving the drops while the other did not.. We are still testing it out, but this seems true for every game we played.

Sorry to keep beating the dead horse- I am by far not up there with some of the senior members with their amazing testing abilities- Any suggestions on key points for testing would be helpful.