PDA

View Full Version : Increase Global Damage Nerf in PvP?

Zeus
05-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Currently, the 10% damage nerf does not seem good enough, especially for rogues. With upcoming mythics, this problem will further extrapolate. Versus buffing other classes, which is much more difficult, why not do something like this:

• Apply a 15% damage nerf to Rogues
• Apply a 15% damage buff to Warriors in exchange for 15% armor
• Do not apply either to Sorcerer since they are the weakest.

This *should* stop the one hits in PvP and balance the classes, no? Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

GoodSyntax
05-23-2014, 12:31 PM
I like this suggestion....

falmear
05-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Mages were getting one shot before this season, not going to change anything for us. Better to keep rogues one shotting each other. Now everyone gets to play like a mage.

Alhuntrazeck
05-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Lol, this season I leveled a warrior because warriors are really OP...and now I'm leveling a rogue...don't nerf Alhuntyoudown! I want some keelz off them mages. ;)

Trolls aside, I'd like this implemented. And maybe an armor buff to mages? :D

Serancha
05-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Where did the number of 10% damage nerf come from? To my knowledge that is just involving pet % damage. The tweaks to the player classes in pvp are an ongoing process and change often to try maintain bakance. It is not the same reduction across the board.

Madnex
05-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Let's get back to this after we hear more about the promised new skill system. Not a bad suggestion, the numbers may need some adjustment though.

Serancha
05-24-2014, 12:46 PM
There is also more new gear promised, which will change things around more. The one-hits need dealing with but this is all part of the fallout from the great staggered gear fail...

epicrrr
05-25-2014, 07:28 AM
They tweak something on higher level mean affecting us greatly at low level PVP. I remember STS tweaking weapon stats and it turns out if they change something to fit higher level stats things will be reflected differently at other levels. I dont know the factors involve but ive [rogue] noticed the higher the HP of player target is the higher the crit, I think it doest scale properly or i might be wrong hence rog might be forever OP :banana:

Energizeric
05-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Parth, I suspect the new mythic weapons are attempting to accomplish much of what you are suggesting. The mage rifle appears a bit OP in terms of damage, so much that us Kershal owners are complaining that it appears better than the Kershal. On the other hand the rogue bow does not appear to have that much more damage than the level 36 mythic daggers. And the warrior weapon seems to be the weakest of the bunch with only a very small armor increase over the level 31 mythic sword/shield.

So instead of applying actual nerfs & buffs to the classes in general, it seems they are trying to do this through gear. I think we need to wait until these weapons are released and see the balance then before we encourage more changes.

I also have no idea what other gear is being released, but there was some mention of armor/helms. Since the magma armors/helms are almost as good (and better in some ways) as the level 36 mythic armor/helm, I suspect with the itemization strategy, this next set will be better, even if only legendary and not mythic. So this too could cause some balance changes.

Remember that the balance issues are not only a result of stat balance issues, but also a result of gear stats.