PDA

View Full Version : My worst enemy.

Demonharphas
05-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone.
I have been doing elites for a long time now, especially elite tindirin, and I find the maps interesting, challenging and fun. If you have a good party you can survive to almost all mobs...
Except this mobs... 89578
They always, always kill me!! No matter what, in the map i die the most is in elite rockorn summit and it is all because of this armadillos or komodos, whatever.
When one armadillo chases me i run in circles, hoping to not die, sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesnt!
They cant be stunned and sometimes they even kill the tank...
So how can i survive more against this enemy?
I am a full mythic rogue, except for weapon, I use bow. And as a pet I normally use malison or prance..
Any advice please...

faychen
05-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi!

Ethyl AA can slow down komodos, try it.
I sometimes use Shiro as its PA reduce crit chance by 5% and chance to reduce speed 80% and it gives us 12% speed and dmg reduced 4% too, moreover its AA give +40 str for 8 sec, so it's for survival.

GoodSyntax
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
When I am soloing Elite Rockhorn, I draw no more than three at a time. Then I use Ethyl to slow them. When Ethyl's AA expires, I run in one direction, firing aimed and nox behind me, then I charge THROUGH the pack to the other side, firing behind me once again. Keep repeating this process, because it keeps the scorns/armadillos/komodos tightly packed so Nox is most effective, until Ethyl's AA cools-down.

Don't try to fight them in melee range, since there is very little warning about their electric bite killer windups (there is just a hint of lightning around their mouths just before they do their attack).

When I'm in party with a tank, I usually do a Aimed/Nox/Pierce combo towards them, then IMMEDIATELY get out of melee range and repeat the process.

To be honest, these guys and the insanely glitched red zones on Shaman stomp attacks are driving me crazy in Tindirin. Both are one-hit killers for Rogues. I've burned hundreds of plat on revives this season, and it is infuriating because, at least with the Shamans, I KNOW I'm well outside of the windup zone, yet I'm dying anyway.

Medicman
05-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Its not only the shaman red zones...its every red zone in tindirin. Just today I was far behind the troll in the trail map..no red zone in sight. He did the move where he gets the club stuck..and I died. Not even near him. Red zones in shuyal arena, same way. They're all glitched.

Iliketolol
05-24-2014, 03:22 AM
Its not only the shaman red zones...its every red zone in tindirin. Just today I was far behind the troll in the trail map..no red zone in sight. He did the move where he gets the club stuck..and I died. Not even near him. Red zones in shuyal arena, same way. They're all glitched.

Agree

Madnex
05-24-2014, 07:22 AM
I think the most frustrating red zone is the one of the Arachna's web attack. Not only it will hit you if you're in front of her even a mile away outside the red zone but also in several occassions you somehow get webbed even if it wasn't you who stepped in the red zone or around her and got hit. Don't even get me started with the unbreakable coocoons that split the boss area absorbing a ton of spells and arrows.

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 09:34 AM
I think the most frustrating red zone is the one of the Arachna's web attack. Not only it will hit you if you're in front of her even a mile away outside the red zone but also in several occassions you somehow get webbed even if it wasn't you who stepped in the red zone or around her and got hit. Don't even get me started with the unbreakable coocoons that split the boss area absorbing a ton of spells and arrows.
Komodos are worse IMO. They attack in unison and generally proc in unison. As the tank, I drop from 100% to 0% in a flash, especially if the shaman joins the pinata party.

GoodSyntax
05-24-2014, 09:45 AM
I agree, it seems that most of the bosses warning areas are horribly glitched this season. It's so inaccurate and random that it makes the Frostir glitch seem like it was nothing at all. It's one thing for the warning area to be misrepresented by a little bit (like it was in Nordr [Frostir] and Shuyal [Krom]), but this seems to be so bad as to be designed purposefully. Perhaps it was designed as a plat sink - I'm not sure.

Glitched bosses are one thing, but this is the first time I've ever experienced glitched, one-hit mobs.

I'm having a hard time staying motivated to run these elites this season, because all it makes me want to do is throw my phone/tablet/pc out the window, and the loot this season isn't even worth it. At least last season, runs were fast, and the likelyhood of deaths were low (considering how OP our gear was), so elite runs were actually fun. This season....not so much.

lowratehitman
05-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Omg I hate that mob

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I agree, it seems that most of the bosses warning areas are horribly glitched this season. It's so inaccurate and random that it makes the Frostir glitch seem like it was nothing at all. It's one thing for the warning area to be misrepresented by a little bit (like it was in Nordr [Frostir] and Shuyal [Krom]), but this seems to be so bad as to be designed purposefully. Perhaps it was designed as a plat sink - I'm not sure.

Glitched bosses are one thing, but this is the first time I've ever experienced glitched, one-hit mobs.

I'm having a hard time staying motivated to run these elites this season, because all it makes me want to do is throw my phone/tablet/pc out the window, and the loot this season isn't even worth it. At least last season, runs were fast, and the likelyhood of deaths were low (considering how OP our gear was), so elite runs were actually fun. This season....not so much.
Shuyal is the best maps this season entertainment wise. The mobs are much harder which adds the challenge we lacked last season but none one hit. There is a very high mob count in shuyal which allows more variation on pulls and the bosses were more unique and challenging strategy wise. The only bosses that bored me last season were wraith heart and Inan'hesh. Overgrow and Krom (especially Krom) were both very original and fun to run.

The only problem with running shuyal maps is the loot is awful. The chests are more easily farmed from the arena and none of the gear is better than magmatic gear. Compared to previous seasons, we have seen the largest spike in the power of legendary gear when compared to previous seasons.

GoodSyntax
05-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Shuyal is the best maps this season entertainment wise. The mobs are much harder which adds the challenge we lacked last season but none one hit. There is a very high mob count in shuyal which allows more variation on pulls and the bosses were more unique and challenging strategy wise. The only bosses that bored me last season were wraith heart and Inan'hesh. Overgrow and Krom (especially Krom) were both very original and fun to run.

The only problem with running shuyal maps is the loot is awful. The chests are more easily farmed from the arena and none of the gear is better than magmatic gear. Compared to previous seasons, we have seen the largest spike in the power of legendary gear when compared to previous seasons.

I agree, Shuyal maps are still a ton of fun! Krom in particular is still a blast, and now that it's a bit more difficult, last seasons tactic of pull right side of map, hope for Krom, then pull left side doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately, with all the Shuyal items and chests dropping from the Arena, there is no reason to run here (at least for loot).

The only thing I disagree with is the improvement of Legendaries. The Warrior Magma gear is very much superior to Architect/Tarlok/Hellish, but for Sorcs and in particular, Rogues, Magma is a step down. Yes, Magma adds significantly to armor, but Rogues are single target DMG classes. This season's gear really isn't much of an improvement. Plus, with lv36 rings and amulets (Archon aside) being superior to everything that is available at lv41, I just don't see much, if any, improvement for Rogues this season. My lv36 Tarlok amulet is still by far the best item available, my lv36 Fangmaster ring is competitive, even with lv41 Archons, and I still use the same mythic helm and armor that I've used for a while now. The only difference between this season and last seaon, for me at least, is the Expedition Bow - which is junk crate gear.

If this is the intent of gear staggering, then I am not impressed with the results, at least for Rogues. I can see how Warriors are happy this season, more armor much higher DMG. Sorcs even have something worthwhile in higher armor stats and a totem with an awesome proc. Rogues....nothing to be excited about. Magmatic blades proc is silly, and the other magma gear hurts the stats that are important for our class.

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 01:06 PM
I agree, Shuyal maps are still a ton of fun! Krom in particular is still a blast, and now that it's a bit more difficult, last seasons tactic of pull right side of map, hope for Krom, then pull left side doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately, with all the Shuyal items and chests dropping from the Arena, there is no reason to run here (at least for loot).

The only thing I disagree with is the improvement of Legendaries. The Warrior Magma gear is very much superior to Architect/Tarlok/Hellish, but for Sorcs and in particular, Rogues, Magma is a step down. Yes, Magma adds significantly to armor, but Rogues are single target DMG classes. This season's gear really isn't much of an improvement. Plus, with lv36 rings and amulets (Archon aside) being superior to everything that is available at lv41, I just don't see much, if any, improvement for Rogues this season. My lv36 Tarlok amulet is still by far the best item available, my lv36 Fangmaster ring is competitive, even with lv41 Archons, and I still use the same mythic helm and armor that I've used for a while now. The only difference between this season and last seaon, for me at least, is the Expedition Bow - which is junk crate gear.

If this is the intent of gear staggering, then I am not impressed with the results, at least for Rogues. I can see how Warriors are happy this season, more armor much higher DMG. Sorcs even have something worthwhile in higher armor stats and a totem with an awesome proc. Rogues....nothing to be excited about. Magmatic blades proc is silly, and the other magma gear hurts the stats that are important for our class.
Compare the percent damage increase between lvl 31 to lvl36 legendaries to the percent damage/armor increase of lvl 36 to lvl 41 legendaries.

PS: check the stats of lvl 40 elite chest legendaries (dragonscale gear) to their champion and shade counterparts. Champion and shade gear is identical, but dragonscale gear is, in some cases, significantly, stronger.

Morholt
05-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Run with a good mage.
Problem solved.

GoodSyntax
05-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Compare the percent damage increase between lvl 31 to lvl36 legendaries to the percent damage/armor increase of lvl 36 to lvl 41 legendaries.

PS: check the stats of lvl 40 elite chest legendaries (dragonscale gear) to their champion and shade counterparts. Champion and shade gear is identical, but dragonscale gear is, in some cases, significantly, stronger.

Statistically, magma is indeed better. But, in comparison to the elite mobs of their respective seasons, Magma does not compare favorably at all (except for Warrior gear, and in particular, the Claymore).

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Statistically, magma is indeed better. But, in comparison to the elite mobs of their respective seasons, Magma does not compare favorably at all (except for Warrior gear, and in particular, the Claymore).
Agreed, and a tad ironic

Warriors have, by far, the best legendaries; and rogues/mages (more so mages) have, by far, the best mythics.

Ps: more surprising is difference in stats of chest dropped gear than boss dropped.

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Run with a good mage.
Problem solved.
2 good mages is ideal and solves a lot of problems. Depending on the party's gear, I can run deathless without jugg if the mages are good. A good rogue is also required since a bad one will have poor bomb and trap placement which can slow us down. Poorly played rogues also have a tendency of running in a circle, pulling several mobs out of the range of WM/HoR and dying while I'm stunned or desperately holding onto the aggro of the other mobs (usually Tindirin where holding aggro is perplexingly harder. I find it perplexing because there are less mobs, so, in theory, I should be holding aggro much more easily. However, in practice, the opposite is true).

In other words and with lack of surprise, the ideal party has all its members performing well.

Morholt
05-24-2014, 04:40 PM
2 good mages is ideal and solves a lot of problems. Depending on the party's gear, I can run deathless without jugg if the mages are good. A good rogue is also required since a bad one will have poor bomb and trap placement which can slow us down. Poorly played rogues also have a tendency of running in a circle, pulling several mobs out of the range of WM/HoR and dying while I'm stunned or desperately holding onto the aggro of the other mobs (usually Tindirin where holding aggro is perplexingly harder. I find it perplexing because there are less mobs, so, in theory, I should be holding aggro much more easily. However, in practice, the opposite is true).

In other words and with lack of surprise, the ideal party has all its members performing well.Yea, two mages knowing how to coordinate their fireball & clock...so beautiful. Mobs should be perma rooted all run long.

I've noticed that about warriors holding aggro, too. It almost feels as if the Trindin archers will shoot at rogues & mages that aren't even attacking them!

I agree that a party with players of all 3 classes that KNOW HOW to play their class (rather than well geared noobs) makes for very smooth runs.

2 rogues and a mage with a warrior is nice, but it does put a BIG demand on the mage to play with perfect timing of spells & limits pet selection. I like to run two mages & one rogue with a warrior more.

Crowsfoot
05-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Yea, two mages knowing how to coordinate their fireball & clock...so beautiful. Mobs should be perma rooted all run long.

I've noticed that about warriors holding aggro, too. It almost feels as if the Trindin archers will shoot at rogues & mages that aren't even attacking them!

I agree that a party with players of all 3 classes that KNOW HOW to play their class (rather than well geared noobs) makes for very smooth runs.

2 rogues and a mage with a warrior is nice, but it does put a BIG demand on the mage to play with perfect timing of spells & limits pet selection. I like to run two mages & one rogue with a warrior more.
Exactly my ideal party. The exception is certain Tindirin maps Where the majority of mobs are stun, ice, and banish immune.