PDA

View Full Version : Why so hard on newbies?

French
12-28-2010, 02:51 PM
I get that there are all levels playing in this game, but the other day I was fighting some boss (the Christmas campaign...the Toy Man I guess) and there were some other players in the 14 - 20 level range...we were getting our butts kicked and as a mage I was trying very hard to fight but also keep everyone alive. Unfortunately I got killed and I was the only person capable of resurrect so I respawned and attempted to get back to the fight as quickly as possible. I no sooner got back in the room when the remaining 3 or 4 players "dropped out" and the conversation ended with "****ing noobies".

I feel like I was playing the game to the best of my ability...I'm not thin skinned but this actually kind of "hurt my feelings". I mean, it's just a game, but I was trying to do everything right.

So moving on...then yesterday I'm in another dungeon and it's just me and one other person. We are doing a darn good job of kicking butt. While going through the dungeon I heard what I thought was my garage door being shut (the door leading into the house). My husband was gone to his parents and I don't have any kids living at home. I had a little panic attack and jumped up to see what was going on. It turned out to be nothing but meanwhile I got back and I was dead. And had a message from the person I was in the dungeon with saying, "****u". Gee, wonder what the four stars represented.

I'm not trying to tick players off...but sometimes you just have to stop playing without notice or sometimes you even get dumped off without notice.

1) Is there some way to pause the game that I haven't figured out yet?

2) Rather than cursing at us newbies, how about maybe sending a HELPFUL message such as what it is you expect of us in a boss fight.

For the most part I'm very content to let someone else lead and I'll follow no questions asked, and I'll jump into the middle of the fray keeping an eye out for anyone inadvertently dying or getting close to it and doing my best to keep them alive.

But what gives? I don't think I'm playing "rudely" yet twice I was personally "attacked" in the game. It kind of makes you not want to play.

And completely off that topic, when I look at another player how come I can't see what the weapon they have is capable of? I'm actually holding a couple of weapons that from my limited knowledge of stats for mage, appear to be a good find for a bear. I'm happy to offer up in trade or even give it to someone but I really don't know how to go about doing this. Someone tried to trade with me and I couldn't figure out how to see what it was they wanted. Or how they knew what I have.

Yes, I'm a newbie, despite being level 23 at this point. But I'm not trying to play the game to tick anyone off.

Oh, and PS...newbie mages....please use your resurrect spell when you notice someone laying there dead. I did have another mage just leave me behind. She did eventually come back and then told me she didn't have resurrect. But being she was a level 17 or something like that...I don't understand why she wouldn't have resurrect available. Resurrect is just as important as heal, IMO. I tried to tell her that.

See, THAT is helpful...but had I responded like the other 2 examples here, I'd have really told her "**** u mage!".

Thanks for listening.

Signed

Cabero
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Well don't get discouraged the are a lot of nice players out there. Unfortunately there is just as many rude and bad players too.

To trade with someone in town you find the person standing near you and click on their figure. Then a window will POP up you will see 2 boxes in the top left one looks like a box with the top open that is to give someone a item. The one with the up and down arrow is for trading. The only way to see the stats of someone's gear if for them to display it in the trade window for you.

To give or trade someone in a dungeon you click on their nameplate (the thing that's shows their name, health &mana)in the top lift of the screen not by clicking their figure.

French
12-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Thank you for the encouragement and answering my question about trading.

When I see someone's status change to "busy" what are they usually doing to cause that?

And is there an icon legend for what all the icons that appear next a person's name mean (when in a dungeon)?

Estraz
12-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Sounds like your a good newbie, players should stop picking on you.

Cabero
12-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you for the encouragement and answering my question about trading.

When I see someone's status change to "busy" what are they usually doing to cause that?

And is there an icon legend for what all the icons that appear next a person's name mean (when in a dungeon)?

Busy means that they have a window up like the when you first enter a dungeon also when you have a trade window, equipment screen, friends list, etc one of any of them open. It basically means they can't see the gameplay screen.

Unfortunately there isn't a legend for the icons.

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-28-2010, 03:31 PM
French I actually gave good advice to these noobies when I was training my bird. Tried to teach them team work and what there roles are. It ended up like this, everyone split up and died. Also, we had a bear in our team I don't really see a point in having a low-level bear in a team if they don't tank. It irritated me how he didn't lead. At low-levels mages can lead quite well, but the noob bear has to realize what his role is. I was a lvl 11 bird leading in a balefort game lol... nothing amazing but it was funny how players 6-9 levels higher then me were scared to lead.

Ayrilana
12-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I also think the majority of people say that when something goes wrong without looking at themselves first. People are quick to blame others whn it's likely they themselves equally share the blame.

SilentKingdom
12-28-2010, 10:51 PM
I've been very lucky to have forgiving people when I play. Lately my ping has been going through the roof, so by the time the game works again, I'll be dead, and they may be dead too if I can't use heal. Just ignore those players that are rude to you, as there's no reason to be that rude to a player in a game like this. Keep your chin up, French :)

juhnken773
12-28-2010, 11:30 PM
LOL! I loved reading this!
Thank you. Kept me away from this boring John Grisham book for about a minute.

Hmmm, such rude ppl! I've been there. Even now. As a experienced player, I get some raging anamalous child telling me off.

But best thing to do is to is give a positive responce. Makes them feel bad. And plus, yu won't see em again.

drewcapu
12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
There are noobs in all levels. I was using a L40 alt in ao2 with a L41 mage who didn't know how to res.

Those icons relate to buffs/debuffs/elixirs.

Bad language / mean people will always be in games. Just try not to take anything personal.
Just by asking questions and reading the forums, you're already doing what it takes to be a better player.

No pausing. Basically go to towne/exit or try to get to an open area where no enemies show up on the map.

youngwizzy
12-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Ya definitely, Im a lvl 50 but I'm still a new gen and I got some annoying ppl too but if u just wait you will join a dungeon with a nice person and they end up being for in game friend for
The lifetime of your gameplay. Takes time but there are nice players and they aren't all low lvls there lots of high lvl nice ppl and old gen nice ppl.

Vaelma
12-29-2010, 01:31 AM
What everyone else said!

I've noticed an influx of childish rude players lately. All you have to do is go to Forest Haven or Balefort and the smack talk is off the hook sometimes.

There are lots of good players out there (me included) with lots of patience and a willingness to pass on what we've learned. Mostly from the Pocket Legend school of hard knocks!

Ignore the "noob" spammers and smack talkers and just develop your own character to the best of your ability. Check out people you group with and add the ones you like. If there is an idiot in your group, leave. If it's not fun a fun group don't do it!

Feel free to add me. :)

Ayrilana
12-29-2010, 02:10 AM
I think another reason people tend to be harsh on newbies is because some (not all) are extremely annoying and assume all of them are. Go into any of the lower level towns and you'll see what I mean. You'll have people begging for cash and being disrespectful. In dungeons you'll find people leeching for experience or items. Just tonight I was farming in one of the Fathom Crypt dungeons and some level 15 bear joins in and proceeds to just follow around not doing anything. He even popped an exp potion. I mean, really?! It just takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone.

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Don't get discouraged. My experience is that most people are nice. It's just that the rude ones are very loud. And those ones in my experience are usually the ones who can't get team work right. The loud ones generally are the ones who are not that good at playing and not that good at using their skills and horrible at strategy. I try to avoid them, but it's hard in pick up groups. If you find one, try to find another game. But if you have to stay, just remember it's them, not you. You can try to suggest a better way of working the team (what skills to use, combos, how to move Toy Man, etc) , but other than that, it's a bad idea to engage the loud-rude players directly.

A level 14-20 group, you a mage, but the high level one at level 23 and probably not geared for damage like some of these people are, and find yourself dead and the group is having a hard time w/ Toy Man? The level spread wasn't that bad for the group, so the lack of damage means that group was not very good, and it was NOT just one person. When you get a bit more experience and feel you can do it, watch the blue (mana) bars of the others in your team. You will see lots of people who do not use their mana at all, i.e. they are NOT using any skills. That is bad. You should NOT friend those people (unless you can get them to start using their skills); you should not give anything to them. If you are polite, you can give them advice on skills use if you know about other class skills. If they do not listen, it might be better to solo, i.e. create a private game and play on your own for a bit: (1) It's a bunch less annoying and (2) It's not as hard as you might think after doing Toy Man in a bad group.

BTW, if you are soloing Toy Man (INT warrior), he can combo you: ice+stomp. That's not as a big a deal in a group, but solo, it's a bit dangerous. If you are ranged, it's better to move around. I like to run back and forth along a wall: Away when my skills are on cool-down, toward when my combos are ready. For bears, the name of the game is stun stun stun. In a group, it's good to push Toy Man back once in awhile to give everyone a slight cool-down period. BTW, because of the stun thing, low level bears often cannot be in the corner. Deal with it. I usually just watch the bear(s) stomp from just outside a corner and know that sometimes, Toy Man will push the bear back. Generally (sorry bears), Toy Man will not follow the bear: no heals, too low damage.

Some people are doing Toy Man with lowbies. For mages, that means no REZ to give a point to a damage skill or heal. I almost did this until I saw I was mostly in groups, in which case, rez is useful. Plus I was damaging well without it, so no issues for my game play in relation to Toy Man. No rez is a bit annoying for group, but you'll see it a lot in these farming dungeons. It's up to you whether you run from these people or not.

A 10-level spread isn't too bad, so the group should not have had trouble staying alive without you. It's possible they weren't using pots, relying on you entirely. I've watched some people like that: they don't heal (green bar does not go up) unless my low level, low heal mage throws them a heal. I try to spam heal, but what-the-hey, it's got a cool-down period.

Since you are doing pick-up games, you will notice some groups run better than others. Those are the groups to take note of, in terms of what skills people are using, what combos show up, how they move/do the mobs, etc. You can also observe their equips (but please realize skills matter more than equips). You can't tell exactly what they have, but often if I ask what their weapon is, etc. they will tell me. Or if I say "cool armor!" they will tell me :P

When I was starting out and I saw a cool skill, I would often ask the other person what they were doing. Like when my new bear noticed a combo w/ a baby bird and we figured out how to do our combo. Also, people will check each other's equips stats by asking to see what the item is. What they mean is they want you to go into trade with that item and when you put it into trade (but do not confirm), they can see the stats. At a convenient time for you, you can do this, give them some time to look and then get out of trade.

You can also get an idea as to what people are wearing by tapping on their name, tap on GIVE and try out different items in your inventory. Sometimes you can get exactly what they are wearing or the equivalent. It's also a good way to see whether someone can use an item you want to give away. I'll run around doing that with my extra EQ: tapping on people in the level range, try to give them the item and see if item will be useful for them and then give it to them if it is.

I would just ignore the rude people when you had to go check your garage door. I was playing w/ a level 19 w/ my level 14 mage yesterday and the level 19 was having connection issues. He'd sometimes just stop and stand about looking silly :) And sometimes we'd be cornered with Toy Man beating on me or him. I did not die once. Well, unless it was my own fault. LOL. I had no problems beating Toy Man back, damaging him, and keeping my team alive. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have minded having friend do some beating up, but really, surviving is not your exclusive responsibility.

BTW, mobs generally like to beat up on the players beating on them. If you came back dead, it makes me wonder what kind of (lack of) damage the rest of the group was doing... which also would make me not want to play with them. And unfortunately for them, I would write them ALL off. They would have to do some proving to me before I would NOT boot them.

I'm not sure how much you like following, but it's worth it to learn an area, learn if you can solo, and learn to make games. It really is much much much less stressful. You get lots of control, play where and how you want and everyone loves you or they're not in the game :P JK. Sort of. And when you are making, the runs are MUCH faster. Or rather, you determine the speed. I usually make cause I'm impatient and hate waiting when I'm on a mission.

Noobs are not hopeless. Some of them need a bit more work than others: a bear took almost one Toy Man to learn about cornering. I would say most of my games (recently I've been on my L14. I'll probably be moving to a L19 soon) are with players new to the game. Most of them follow my lowbies very well, even the higher level ones. I confess to chuckling a bit when my INT mage take the lead for a group almost always higher level than she. For almost all sessions, very quickly, another player or two become regulars and then the group fills up once they see us running fast and dropping pinks. If I don't see combos, I will tell people to do that. Generally it's not necessary for all members to be fully active, but if you are wandering too much for no reason (not lag, etc), I will be questioning you.

Ayrilana, I like to gather mobs so I can use my area damage skills to maximum effectiveness. I notice when I run that way, I don't get too many stragglers. They tend to get left behind w/ mobs between them and me. I would have no remorse in running past a whole bunch of mobs to lose the leecher. A few of the swamp levels need almost full clearance before a boss shows up, so I would have no qualms about going elsewhere. Oh wait, I make most of my games. BOOT! I would say though that most of these leechers do not know how to play, which also means they have no clue how to rush. So just rush a little and you'll lose them fast.

(OMG, another long post. Don't beat me!)

Ayrilana
12-29-2010, 03:23 AM
I was farming Vyxnaar and I usually leave the first room alone once I get past it but tonight we were clearing it too for some reason. If someone can get past that room then I'll let them tag along for a bit. They at least have some skill.

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 04:29 AM
Don't let them put you down French! :D. That made me LOL when you said everyone in the toy man room died and said noobies... Toy man is freakin easy! Just takes awhile to kill, so if they all died on him, doesn't that make them noobies too?

Anyways I have decided on why noobies are so picked on now. There once was a golden era in which noobies were accepted and players took time to teach them.. Then Pocket Legends went to the droid,
It was litterally a Tsunami of noobies!
There is way too many to help and also many of the noobies are very mean and demandy. I got cussed out by some low level once for refusing to take 2 hours out of my day to run 1234 tomes with him. So I try to stay kind and helpful, but it gets hard when the people you are helping start to walk all over you. Pocket Legends is like New York now, soo unkind and rude!

Oh oh one last story... I was running through Forest Haven making a potion run (Stocking up on more potions), when I got this PM that said "Are you nice?". I was a bit confused by what the PM meant, I figured since it was Christmas Eve it must of had something to do with the Holidays. I replied back with "Define nice", the guy said "Well, someone who helps the poor and helpless." I said "yeah I help out", he then says "Okay will you give me 50,000 gold and level me up to lvl 30?" *sigh...* I said "No sorry I don't do charity work, but if you got some questions I can answer them for ya!". He then goes "I got a question... You said you were nice! But you wont help me! God your a D***!!!! Screw you!"

Nice eh? ^^^ No wonder people are mean to low levels.

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 05:57 AM
OMG, Pharcyde, LOL. Good thing they don't show up in my groups. Though they're prob too lazy to go looking for groups to join.

Oh oh, in one of the few runs I did not make, we lowbies going for the Toy Man when a level 31 shows up. Of course, we'd (mostly) cleared to Toy Man, but the level 31 dies! I'm wondering what he died to! Maybe one of the presents we left? He then sits through the rest of the game dead, nowhere near the Toy Man's room. The lowbie group had no problems beating up on Toy Man and we moved on. And my new friend who was maker of that game asked me how to boot. Call me Boot tutor!

But really, I do not understand some players!

GoofyYno
12-29-2010, 08:08 AM
I'll throw my $.02 in here. I AM a total newb. I have never played any of these games before, but am quite successful in life and a very quick study. I believe I've become a good player who can be a valuable member of a team. I am constantly amazed at the lack of social skills of other players. For a team oriented game, there should be more teaching (or at least tolerance). I will play, like you, by following then trying my best to help out, and serve my proper role in the team. I have seen players at all levels who are very bad players, but rip on others with the only retort being "noob". I've been booted from lvl appropriate dungeons more times than could be imagined usually with no reason, before even seen how I play (but never afterwards). I had someone almost boot me for not having a good enough weapon until I explained to him what the Keeper staff I was hold did.- (as expected that group did not last long).
As these other, wiser, more experienced people have said, just play properly, learn from the people who will allow it, and try not to let other people get ya down. I think the best thing you can do is read these forums to learn what people want, and why they do things that can't be explained during play.

good luck

Militaryman
12-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I think the biggest problem with the noobies is that they don't know fully how the game works. Taking Pharcyde's example, he probably doesn't realize that being level 50 doesn't mean being rich and having the time to power level someone to 30. Take me for an example. Atm, I have 35k. Not much. And my playing time has really gone down. Maybe we need to treat the noobies like they are children. Walk them through, step by step. They'll get it. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully.

Riccits
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
for me there are too many ppl in town now who asks for money or free items... i never asked such when i begun and was broke...
for all them: FARM UR OWN MONEY AND ITEMS LIKE WE ALL DO!!!

French
12-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow thank you everyone for such great support and fyrce...your post was extremely helpful about game play in general. This game is far more complex than I had imagined...which is great because it seems you can practically never "outgrow" it.

So after my long "boo hoo leave us newbies alone" post, last night I end up in the ice dungeon (not the Christmas one but the regular one) and I was with an EXCELLENT team. I felt like such a hindrance 'cause I died at least 5 times...but the way that team played is what I would have expected...someone died, someone resurrected...and sometimes the dead person just had to be patient til the current battle was over. We all leveled up together for multiple levels....it was a lot of fun. A couple of times someone would turn off from the rest and before they could get back on track were being attacked and the members of our group would split and help the person who mistakenly got separated. It really was great.

I'll keep perservering. The game is too much fun to give up on it. But wow...all the complexities. I decided to switch from a pink fire blaster to a wand and shield (in a lower level dungeon) and got my butt kicked. But with the pink fire blaster I figured out I have 2 combos I can use that are quite effective. So it's pretty cool trying to figure it all out. I've been playing on my rooted Nook color which makes the game so much more fun. You can see so much more detail.

Thank you everyone...and fyrce...I'm going to copy and paste your post so I can go back to it for reference.

Do you all type all this stuff up in the game when you are trying to help someone learn? I have a very hard time focusing on the game and also trying to "talk" to someone.

Oh...also, is there a way to PM a specific person who isn't a friend? Because I would have loved to have responded to the last idiot that got mad at me...I really just wanted them to know I didn't intentionally desert them...but I had no idea how I could PM them once we weren't in the same place.

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 11:45 AM
LOL French. I'm glad you had a good experience. There are lots of good people out there. Remember to FRIEND them! I'm a big advocate of a good FRIENDs list after you have a good play experience.

There's lots of good stuff on forums. When I first started, I'd reserve some time to go through the various forum topics, particularly whichever class I was playing.

A good group should be able to take anyone's death in stride, though there ARE times when even good groups wipe. It's all part of game play. Death is not determinative of whether someone is any good or not.

As for talking, I think that takes time, because there IS timing involved. And sometimes, you'll sacrifice a life to talking :P Usually I try not to talk in the middle of fights.

Some stuff you know you will say, so you can set those up in those preset quote things. You get 4. I think for Captive Audience I had a Runnnnnnn!!!! one :) Several people did. When we only have non-shadow prisoners left, that's what we'd yell as we all made a break for the next corridor. Usually there's a lot of lol'ing at everyone's bug-out yells. For that level, if you are running it, you might also want Clear Corridor First or Clear aliens first or something along those lines.

Oh yeah, you can type commands into the talking field and they will be executed. Tap like you are going to say something. Commands start w/ slash. So you can type
/tell <player name> <stuff you want to say>
If someone tells to you, you can also type
/reply <stuff you want to reply>
/reply doesn't work if someone "tell"ed to you using the MESSAGE button.

/tell can be abbreviated /t and /reply can be abbreviated /r. I hate looking for the / so I try to do tells before/after a run, and there are some "easy' place in some runs where the full group really isn't needed. Those are good places for telling, checking things and liquidating a few items.

Somewhere in the forums is a whole list of all the commands. I'm guessing search commands? Someone will probably post a link in a sec here... The forums are a great place.

And no, I don't usually type on forum from my mobile device but you can tell others do. When I do type on my mobile, unless I type slowly, there're usually tons of errors. People are good at reading those I think. No one's asked me what all the errors and auto-correct stuff usually get lots of laughs.

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-29-2010, 12:03 PM
French when fighting the toyman corner him, he's a noob boss.

krazii
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Very nice thread and very encouraging to see all the helpful advice from everybody and the time it takes to give the advice.

Three bits of advice:

1. Once you've adquired your last mage skill (around lvl 25 I think) try the other classes, starting with birds. It's extremely helpful to know the abilities (skills) of other classes so you know what the peeps in your group are doing (or not doing). I didn't play other classess until my first character hit lvl 45 (the highest at the time) and had no idea about such things as breaking armor, root wall, etc. Also, learn how to combo with the other classes, this helps wipe mobs faster and save your group.
2. Be careful with the /r because it replies to the last msg you get, meaning if your in the middle of replying to one message and you get another, your reply will be sent to the last one which can lead to you saying something to somebody that you didn't intend. This has happened to me way to much.
3. Send me a msg in the game, I may have some helpful items in my stash that you could use.

Good Luck, hard to find peeps as nice and kind as you.

kraziivmi, kraziicast, kraziishot

Junside
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Feel free to add me sometime. :D My in-game name is Junside. I occasionally go back to past dungeons and just clear the enemies to level up people.

French
12-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow the tip on talking is great...I figured there must be a way to do it.

Can one trade in the game without actually taking something? I have a couple of things I'm pretty sure someone else could use...I'm not worried about making money off of them...so I would just select the character and offer to trade with them...but I don't have to take anything in return, do I?

I can see I need to find a peep I can just practice communicating with in the game. LOL.

Junside: So THIS is what people are asking for when they want "help leveling up"? I didn't understand that...I mean to level up you gotta do quests and kill things...didn't realize people were asking higher levels to help them annihilate lower levels. But that explains now why I was seeing some pretty high levels in some of the dungeons I started in.

Junside
12-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah well... I just ask if anyone needs help, or I say I'm going through the dungeons clearing out the monsters, and people follow.

BUT some greedy people are becoming "mercenaries" and offering to do the same thing except they want gold payment. Pretty sad.

Vaelma
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
French, there are also a lot of higher levels in dungeons completing quests that have just recently been added.

I go a lot to help my lower level friends kill bosses to complete their quests. If it's a good group that has joined us, I don't mind hanging out and running through a few dungeons to help everyone get xp.

djkrazze
12-29-2010, 04:14 PM
wow yeah im level 31 or 32 idk, and i mean when its a full party the n00bs just go attack, i gotta type real quick wait for the whole party to attack together, theres also those that are like lvl 1-20 trying to level up on dungeons like lost expedition if ur just there to level up i suggest you tell the higher level players so they can protect you. i mean im cool with helping players level up or complete a mission hence thats why im still level 31 but whoa whoa whoa. the other day i was in a dungeon by myself and 3 lower level players jump in and start helping me out u know working as a team, midway through it they back up when theres like 7+monsters attacking and its just me, i die, and they are like damn noob, i started laughing cuz they were using me so i said f*** it and respawn and just just stayed there and restocked on potions and stuff hahahaha. but YA theres some horrible players out there that talk mad s*** i mean its a game but damn FORESTHAVEN, AND DARKFOREST ARE MORE LIKE DIRTY CHATROOMS NOW! LMFAO

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Wow I haven't seen a thread with so many large replies in a long time :). I think ya Sparked something good French!

Maybe we need to treat the noobies like they are children. Walk them through, step by step. They'll get it. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully.
Hahaah that gave me a good LOL! I already have been treating some of them like children. I say some, because there are players out there who are technically not "Newbies" or annoying little "eight year olds". But for the vast majority, many of them have bad grammar, attitude and are quite frankly annoying. Theres nothing like getting sent 60 PM's in under 2 minutes asking if they can have all your "stufz".

When I was a newbie, I never ever asked for free stuff or did the crazy and odd stuff that newbies these days do. The only time I would ask for anything is when it was something like "Hey, what level drops that wand?", never would I ask
"Cna Is havez ur wand?". I would also thank them for donating their time to answer my question, most people these days just run off right as you help them. To this day I still answer questions when asked, but if we are looking at newbies as children, then thats a hell of a lot of babysitting that needs to be done. I don't got time to answer every weird question or do every demand I get.

Ladylove
12-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah well... I just ask if anyone needs help, or I say I'm going through the dungeons clearing out the monsters, and people follow.

BUT some greedy people are becoming "mercenaries" and offering to do the same thing except they want gold payment. Pretty sad.

Haha yeah. I do little runs like that all the time and people always try to pay me. I always decline, but some people weasel around me by giving me all their junk drops to liquidate.

Kalielle
12-30-2010, 12:39 AM
I would also thank them for donating their time to answer my question, most people these days just run off right as you help them.

I'm so with you on that. So many people ask a question like they have the right to demand that you spend your time typing up an answer, and then don't even say thank you afterwards.

But every once in a while someone comes along who truly deserves the help, and that makes it all worthwhile. I was in Balefort yesterday and a level 46 asked the town in general a question about the best level 50 gear. (The fact that he didn't PM it to any specific person is already a sign of politeness.). I answered him, and he opened a trade window with me, put 10k in and checked the box! I said are you sure and he said yes, because he appreciates that I answered his question and didn't give him flack about it.

It's not the money itself that thrilled me so much, but the feeling that my help was appreciated. I thought to myself, here's someone who's not even 50 but is completely self-sufficient, wears the best gear for his level and is taking time to research what he needs next, is utterly polite, and takes care of those who help him. If only all players would be like this (including a lot of the level 50 noobs out there), now how awesome would that be.

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 02:20 AM
If only all players would be like this (including a lot of the level 50 noobs out there), now how awesome would that be.

Then Pocket Legends would be like how it used to be :). When this was a new game and very small only on the Ipod, the players were very kind. Also since the community was so small, if you were rude, everyone knew! Also most people on the Droids are young kids (you would be surprised about the percent of droid phones in use by kids). So Pocket Legends got flooded with newbie little children, now its like Runescape, almost anyways. Once we hit the PC, you can expect us to be exactly like Runescape.

Also, for the new players who are polite and worthy of any time, Thankyou! You are part of the reason why some people play! Especially with all the cool oldies quitting, we need to replace some peepz in our lists!

Oh and if your curious, I have played this game since it first came out, I just never ever got active in the forums and never really played Pocket Legends much. It was just a fun app on my ipod until a few months ago.