PDA

View Full Version : Dex Mage viable?

Backwards
12-28-2010, 05:33 PM
As the title says, is it possible?

I've seen one lvl 50 mage using a dex build and it looked pretty good. DPS is at 200~

Is this build viable or it sucks?

Need comments on this.

Thanks

XghostzX
12-28-2010, 07:26 PM
mmmmm sorry. Dex mages fail these days unless you're rele good...

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Dex mages fail in PvE. They can be really good in PvP though if you know how to use them, but still they kinda suck. Glass Cannons eww.

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 04:56 AM
I don't think pure dex fails. I think it's all in how you play. Dex mages should be able to survive. You'll probably just need to do some figuring and/or pot up for OL. I don't see that as a big deal. DEX mages in VL don't seem overly weak.

Backwards
12-29-2010, 05:35 PM
I see.. Thanks for the inputs guys

Pharcyde
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't think pure dex fails. I think it's all in how you play. Dex mages should be able to survive. You'll probably just need to do some figuring and/or pot up for OL. I don't see that as a big deal. DEX mages in VL don't seem overly weak.

Well Dex mages don't really mean Pure Dex. Often the only time I see Dex mages is people who made a mage, got it to 50, but then totally realize they wanted to be a bird. Only time I really ever see Pure dex mages.

Origins
12-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Well Dex mages don't really mean Pure Dex. Often the only time I see Dex mages is people who made a mage, got it to 50, but then totally realize they wanted to be a bird. Only time I really ever see Pure dex mages.
would pure dex mage be a waste? we need some int to use spells dont we? i have been thinking about going full dex with my mage but i love nuking while blasting at the same.

xXDamonDXx
12-29-2010, 06:55 PM

Yeah, I thinks it's all in how you play to. I changed my lvl 50 int/str mage to pure dex a few days ago. I have a mega blaster (don't got wraith amour) - I love the build. I am doing much better than I was as an int mage. I just seem to use more mana pots being dex though, but that doesn't bother me.

No, I went to pure dex mage becuase str mages and dex mages are better than int mages from my experience. But then again like Fyrce said it's all in how you play, some may find it better as an int mage.