PDA

View Full Version : Can't install to SD card? anyone have some tips to get around this issue to install?

Morholt
05-26-2014, 12:51 PM
A good friend of mine used to play AL, but nowadays he is seemingly unable to download it to his phone. I tried for myself yesterday to see what exactly happens: the app downloads fully, begins to install, and then you get this message:

http://i60.tinypic.com/5xmwph.jpg

Same result even when you attempt to download it through the AL website.

His phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

He told me it isn't just with AL, but with very few random other apps, too.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)

basketholic209
05-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Full storage maybe?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

keikali
05-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Full storage maybe?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

This could be it. Although it seems like you have alot of space, there is only a portion of it allocated to "Apps" meanwhile all that free space is for data.

Madnex
05-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Although I don't think the issue is with the downloading part, might want to give a shot to this:

http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/ArcaneLegends.apk

utpal
05-26-2014, 01:26 PM
clear google play store and google play services cache and clear data. then force stop.
then reboot and try downloading

Crowsfoot
05-26-2014, 01:53 PM
I had a similar issue with my old EVO. Go I to settings and make sure downloads are defaulted to downlowd to the device INSTEAD of the SD card.

Morholt
05-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Definitely isn't due to a lack of storage space for apps, as I tested downloading other stuff to his phone & I know he has downloaded a few large games since the issue started.

Madnex, that's what I meant by the website download. I had hopped it was just a play store mishap, but a direct link download also doesn't work. :/

I'll try out what Uptal & Crowsfoot suggest when I get my hands on his phone later. Anyone else who may have some input, feel free to add it, just in case those things don't work either. :/

mishafeng
05-26-2014, 03:35 PM
nope havent gotten that 1 yet hmmm. sry cant help much here

Morholt
05-26-2014, 11:52 PM
SUCCESS!

I went off of what you suggested, Crow. The GN2 doesn't have that option, though. However, I sort of 'forced' it to the device, by unmounting the SD card before downloading again.

I suppose some apps attempt to download to the SD card? And unrooted Samsung devices won't let apps from the Play Store be stored onto an SD card.

Crowsfoot
05-27-2014, 05:57 AM
SUCCESS!

I went off of what you suggested, Crow. The GN2 doesn't have that option, though. However, I sort of 'forced' it to the device, by unmounting the SD card before downloading again.

I suppose some apps attempt to download to the SD card? And unrooted Samsung devices won't let apps from the Play Store be stored onto an SD card.
Glad to see it worked out :) However, the setting should exist. It is probably hurried in some obscure location though. For example, my personal dictionary is under vibrations > swipe > swipe settings > word count. Android devices have an advantage of many possible setting options, but at times there can be too many. Never the less, hope your friend enjoys the game.

Rare
05-27-2014, 08:30 AM
I had a similar issue with my old EVO. Go I to settings and make sure downloads are defaulted to downlowd to the device INSTEAD of the SD card.

I had this same issue on my Thunderbolt (which I believe is pretty much the same as EVO) after it was upgraded to ICS.