PDA

View Full Version : Need Rogue Help

ShadowEnder
05-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Hey, I'm new just started today and I'm finding it hard to advance.

I'm a level 20 rogue atm.

First off its really hard to earn gold so hard I can't even buy any potions or equipment, is there a way to get gold without buying it.

Since I don't have potions, I cannot level up because its often hard to find teams to run with you.

My planned pve build is...

Aimed -5
Veil-4 no explo
Nox-5
Piercer - 2 hp
Razor - 4 no remove.

Then id max passives o.o
Dex,str,int,crit

So is my build good?

Also what skills should I charge, and what shouldn't I charge.
What's better bow or dagger and is there any situations where one is better?
Finally ( again ) how do I get gold? X.x or potions without having to spend like 9 hours playing r.r

Thanks in advance.
EveofShadow

Edit: i can use another skill point :D

Zylx
05-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey, I'm new just started today and I'm finding it hard to advance.

Welcome!

I'm a level 20 rogue atm.

First off its really hard to earn gold so hard I can't even buy any potions or equipment, is there a way to get gold without buying it.

You can get gold by completing quests (daily quests especially), farming items to sell in the auction house, or merching (buying low, selling high).

Since I don't have potions, I cannot level up because its often hard to find teams to run with you.

If you need any gold to buy potions, i'll lend you some.

My planned pve build is...

Aimed -5
Veil-4 no explo
Nox-4 no radius increase
Piercer - 2 hp
Razor - 4 no remove.

Then id max passives o.o
Dex,str,int,crit

So is my build good?

Every build has their perks. There is no such thing as a perfect build. Just try to find a build that suits your play-style effectively. But that looks like an all-around good build.

Also what skills should I charge, and what shouldn't I charge.

Nearly all of those skills should be charged when you can. Their effects are magnified when you charge them. If you are in PvP, the only skill you shouldn't charge is shadow piercer.

What's better bow or dagger and is there any situations where one is better?

They both have their own perks and drawbacks. Bows generally have higher damage, and are very useful at picking single foes from afar. They only damage one enemy at a time, so they arent useful when fighting large groups of enemies. Often times, you will see people switching from daggers to a bow when they reach the area's boss.

Daggers generally have higher damage per second (faster attack speed than bows). They are useful at dealing damage to large groups of enemies simultaneously, or when you are in close-quarters. Their general low damage stats are a pain when fighting bosses.

Choose whichever suits your playing style

Finally ( again ) how do I get gold? X.x or potions without having to spend like 9 hours playing r.r

Already told you :)

Thanks in advance.
EveofShadow

Responses in bold

ShadowEnder
05-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the tips on what to charge, aomeone had told me to only charge aimed and some said charge all got confused lol.

Not planning on doing pvp anytime soon o.o

I wouldn't want to borrow gold that I can't pay back probably for a while I got 1000 gold only today x.x got to level 21 though.

Bubblezzhd
05-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Just for a laugh I levelled a new rogue the other day without any items from my main, I found just doing quests not feeding pets you should be able to make enough to buy pots and still save some gold, whenever you can each day run back through the easier areas and do the quests when you get 500/1000 gold buy a cheap pet, when the pet needs to be fed just swap it out for another :)

ShadowEnder
05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Your lucky, can you tell me what you did?

With the quests i did i got around 4000 gold ish

I bought 100 hp and mana pots with my gold then i bought a horton for 1000 gold then i was out and couldnt get anymore x.x
got 400 gold left right now saving up for health potions.

Edit: Dang it i fed my pet r.r

Bubblezzhd
05-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Just keep on at that as you get higher level you can run lower maps for quest without potting. Then eventually goal is to buy a leprechaun amulet (long way off I know) then just run the last 2 brackenridge maps for locked crates

Bubblezzhd
05-27-2014, 02:30 PM
It will get easier I assure you just takes a long time to get to that point :)

Jenvy
05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Veil isn't really effective for leveling. The mobs die too quickly. I found that dropping veil and going with packs can save you thousands of health pots.