PDA

View Full Version : Have all the Captive shadows been released?

GoofyYno
12-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Because I can't seem to find many. I've been playing captive audience for over 2 hours with just 2 to show for it. I'm not sure I can play for a whole day just to finish this quest. :p

Ayrilana
12-29-2010, 02:18 AM
What would be the point if you can get them all within five minutes?

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 03:56 AM
Um, how fast you running? You should be able to finish your shadows in like 2-4 hours, maybe 5 w/ breaks, etc. Most runs through CA should have multiple shadows. 2 means you found a shadow in 1-2 runs. Over 2 hours, that's really low if you are finishing a run every 10-15 minutes. You should be able to do a run in less time than that, particularly ones w/ no shadows.

Formora
12-29-2010, 04:16 AM
I hope you didnt fight the prisoners inside the capsules except shadows. Just get a Mage or archer to break the capsule and the prisoner will not follow. To make it easier use a mega blaster.

GoofyYno
12-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Fyrce, i think it was your comment about how this was easier than the totems /shard that had me worried. I went through it 4 or 5 times. I even went back after boss cleared to see if they would re spawn if I entered the room. I guess i've just had bad luck.

Fyrce
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM
If it was just 4-5 times through, then yes, it's possible to just have 1-2 games with shadows. As someone else has posted, he got 7 games straight with no shadows.

The idea, I'm sure you already know, is to decrease the time it takes to go through. Some groups can clear those 2 corridors in 5 minutes (maybe less) to tell if there are shadows or not. It makes getting shadows/essences pretty quick. None of the shadows should give you trouble except maybe the fat one. But if your group gathers before engaging (that means trying to break the capsules without aggro), it should be fast.

If you can't find a fast group, you might have to train one. That would entail making the game, invite people or just let people join, and try to keep together at least 2 high damage players (mages/birds). If you can get people with skills and get the group running, everyone SHOULD stay. If you are just doing shadows, it's fair to tell people as they join that you are doing shadows. Usually groups doing shadows do not take the extra time (about doubles each round's time) to do the boss.

One high damage player can work, depending on the player, but the more damage, the faster you will go. If you have a bear to gather, that will also help. However, I've been in groups with multiple bears that have been as fast as all mage/bird groups. So it's really just getting people to use their skills and only killing what you must. As you run through, you will see ways to shave off minutes, maybe just seconds, and if your team lets you lead, you can run really fast. A well-run group will run for hours and viola! Quests done.

It is sort of important to learn a run and try to figure out how to do it well, and to recognize if someone isn't pulling their weight: breaking all the prisoners out in mid-run, not using any skills, 3 mages and everyone's still dying, etc. Anyone not pulling their weight should get a talking to and if they still cannot figure it out and they are hurting the group, they should be booted because they are wasting everyone's time. If they slow your group down too much, you can end up losing the good players in your group as they get impatient and leave. Most people will work with the group, so generally that isn't an issue. It's just important to "run" your group if you want to keep it going well and together. (I have noticed that often you don't need that 5th person, maybe even 4th person, to be a good player, so if your group is ok, then a comic-relief character might be ok to leave it :P)

GoofyYno
12-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Fyrce,
thanks. I ran with a good group earlier today. Learned exactly what you just said. it should be easier now that I understand how to run it.

Beanmachine
12-29-2010, 06:26 PM
So does the shadow in lv 2 give the quest after u finished getting the totems and shards? Im not sure.....

Fyrce
12-30-2010, 02:35 AM
You can take the 3rd quest as you turn in your 2nd quest, take the 4th as you turn in your 3rd. Like that.