PDA

View Full Version : Any Rooted Android with Gingerbread

Luchta
12-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Just want to get feedback from gingerbread users. I am waiting for my stock update. Says in a couple of weeks. I hope the "couple" doesn't mean 2-3 months. But I do want to hear those who have rooted their phones and have tried PL on what is said to be a better gaming environment for our phones.

Sanatorium
12-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I have a Rooted Nexus One with Gingerbread 2.3.1.
PL runs extremely well on it :).

Luchta
12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Sorry for being too straightforward with this question. But I just really want to know and It has been bugging me ever since I realized it was a bug on most android phones:

Is the multi touch on the N1 gingerbread solved or at least developed for better gaming? I experience the lack of consistency when I am using the virtual joystick to run/charge forward while casting spells. On my N1, skills don't cast at all or the wrong sequence of skills are used.

So is there any development on this part of the updated gaming environment as advertised on their youtube video press release?

Junside
12-29-2010, 09:47 PM
My specs are in my sig. My processor is overclocked so I don't know much difference. It's like I have a Droid 3 :P

Sanatorium
12-29-2010, 10:01 PM
My G2's overclocked to 1.9 ;).
For me jlacosta, everything works well :).

Junside
12-29-2010, 10:04 PM
My G2's overclocked to 1.9 ;).
For me jlacosta, everything works well :).

Yeah G2 has an incredible processor. Way better than the first Google phone. :D

sniffs
12-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I got a Droid 1 running Gingerbread, ASOP, rooted and OC'd to 1ghz.. plays PL perfectly fine.

BTW people, Apex rom is not Gingerbread. It's a FroYo rom designed to look like Gingerbread.

Android version = 2.2.1
System version = 2.3.1

that's not Gingerbread...

Junside
12-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I got a Droid 1 running Gingerbread, ASOP, rooted and OC'd to 1ghz.. plays PL perfectly fine.

BTW people, Apex rom is not Gingerbread. It's a FroYo rom designed to look like Gingerbread.

Android version = 2.2.1
System version = 2.3.1

that's not Gingerbread...

Ah, I suspected that. When I first got it, it definitely looks like the stock Droid 1

Phaded
12-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Running revolv, runs beautiful.

Btw nexus one multi touch is still broke

Luchta
12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Phaded, really? Now that kinda sucks. So I guess I need to buy an ipod touch just to play PL decently.

Phaded
12-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Yea, it was a hardware issue I believe. My buddy has difficulty playing PL on his.

Side note, the thunderbolt is my next device. 4g htc ftw

Luchta
01-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Phaded, I keep hearings things that a rooted ROM will have somewhat a different feel with the whole UI compared to for example an official N1 gingerbread Vanilla UI and it's drivers. Not sure if this is true.

Phaded
01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
My buddy runs CM6.1 on his Nexus, and has problems with two fingers and moving them in circles. Mostly the walking and attacks at the same time.

TheHoovie
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I have the HTC Droid incredible. Running a custom 2.3 Gingerbread, ASOP, rooted ROM and Pocket Legends runs fine. I do not see any performance difference compared to any of the 2.2 FroYo ROMs I have used.

As far as multi touch goes I am very lucky to have a 10 point multi touch device. The amount of touch points depends on the hardware and the kernel. On stock the Droid Incredible only has 2 points enabled, which really sucks. If you have an Incredible I highly recommend you root and update to a kernel with either 5 or 10 points enabled, even if you are running a stock RUU ROM.

The way multi touch works you have to lift all points over your devices capability before it will read a new touch. For example, on a two point enabled device, if you have two points used and add a third, then lift finger one or two, finger three will not register as it was already on the sensor. With fingers one and three still on the screen adding finger four would register as the second point. Or lift and re touch with finger three.

I hope that helps you to understand how multi touch works on Android. If you want to practice, download a multi touch test application from the market. It really helped me understand why some times my touches did not seem to register and how multi touch works altogether.

Sanatorium
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah G2 has an incredible processor. Way better than the first Google phone. :D
Haha thanks, but yes Mr. Jlacosta, the rooted phones I have with PL works well, the game itself along with the phone.

romgar1
01-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Im still considering whether or not to root. Anyone played pl before rooting their phone? I have a droid 2 global. Not sure if overclocking will help lag. Usually my spotty 3g is the reason I lag

Phaded
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
There is no reason your phone shouldn't be rooted. It's painless to do and the options it gives your phone are completely worth it. Root the phone!

Luchta
01-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Ok I wanna take this chance to ask a rooted owner. What's the disadvantage or con to a rooted phone?

Phaded
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
None. Unless you brick it flashing new radios, all rooting can be reversed.