PDA

View Full Version : Targetting

Xervitude
05-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Sorry if this has been suggested already, but might be nice if we could select how we target, like in the options there could be

Target First: Closest [] Weakest [] Other? []

I hate the fact that I auto target the closest mob when I really wanna join in attacking the mob that someone else close by is attacking.

Maybe I am the only one though :p

Rebel
05-09-2010, 09:15 AM
You can click on the mob that you want to attack.

asommers
05-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Targeting disposition is something we can easily add: closest, weakest, and assist (prefer what party members are attacking).

-ALS

King Richie
05-09-2010, 11:58 AM
thats a deadly idea

Xervitude
05-09-2010, 12:10 PM
You can click on the mob that you want to attack.

Point being? That isnt what I wanted. If people agree with me maybe they can implement it, if people wouldnt like this feature then i guess I can rage silently.

Yes an 'assist' option that targets what my closest ally is targetting would be good.

Endless
05-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Targeting disposition is something we can easily add: closest, weakest, and assist (prefer what party members are attacking).

-ALS

Yes! This would be perfect for my Archer. Especially with tanks becoming more necessary. Much easier to dps one enemy down than three.

Rebel
05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Point being? That isnt what I wanted. If people agree with me maybe they can implement it, if people wouldnt like this feature then i guess I can rage silently.

Sorry I guess I just misunderstood the question you asked. My
bad :P

Sicarii
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I agree with the assist option. The ability to group target a particular mob is huge in heavy encounters, and will be invaluable in pvp.

Edatx
05-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Even a next target button (and maybe previous) would be nice. The click to target system is a bit clunky (slow) as currently implemented.

Royce
05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
This would be very cool. I hate when my enchantress, who's really not doing much weapon attacking anyway, starts meandering away from the party because auto-target picked some bad guy around the corner. Click to target isn't the ideal solution for me, and most of the time I just double tap my character which untargets the enemy.

Sicarii
05-16-2010, 12:50 PM

-ALS

assist would be amazing, but if more than one person has a different target, how do you know what to assist? If there was a means to call targets (in my head I am thinking Guild Wars as an example) and a subsequent assist targeting available to the rest of the group, coordinating group attacks would be amazing. To be perfectly honest, I get a little annoyed with the randomness of group attacks in a dungeon, and anything that promotes group cohesion would be a welcome addition in my book.

Dizko
05-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm against targetting weakest. It's just a way to rack up your kills when really we should be focusing on the boss.

Liking the rest of the ideas tho.

Jaxan
05-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Not sure if this is possible, with Pocket Legends. But in other MMORPG games, there was a way to create macro's that would help in this instance and alot of other areas as well.

Example:

/Assist "Warrior" (target mob that "Warrior" has targetted)
/AutoAttack

That way, there is one main focal attack point, and everyone will assist this person.

Frankieedgar
08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I like the idea of a target mode
Weakest / nearest / boss
And to be able to shoot and run without stoping to turn