PDA

View Full Version : Trophies Gained in PvP

Instanthumor
05-27-2014, 08:56 PM
I searched roughly 40 different enemies in PvP. From each base, I could only gain ONE trophy IF I three-star it. Does this even make sense? 40 times in a row?

Instanthumor
05-27-2014, 09:48 PM
So I tested something out. If I lose to one of these players (that I can only receive 1 trophy from), I lose FIFTY trophies. Praise the lord.

Zylx
05-28-2014, 12:01 AM
I know. Its so hard for a top player to gain trophies. I'm guessing my trophy count/base level/troop strength has something to do with this.

And i only gain 2 trophies after a successful defense against an attack... wtf?

Instanthumor
05-28-2014, 12:10 AM
wtf?

Exactly... Wtf?

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 05:00 AM
Lol wut? If I lost in defence I lost a little amount of troops (I.e 2) but when I win its 10+! And Attacking gives me 12+ Trops always, If you're attacking attacking a Lower lv base the trops will be low :p

Thade
05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Hey guys,

Higher level players receive lower trophy rewards when defeating lower level players.
On the flip side High level players are penalized for losing to lower level player with increased trophy loss.

As per the 40 consecutive "weak targets" My guess is a combination of factors which all relate to Arcane Battlegrounds very recent launch.

- Few higher level players with the recent launch.
- Those higher level players have been very active to reach their current status. You can not attack or be matched against a player who is online.
- The few ideal targets may already be shielded from previous attacks.

All this said I'll do some research and make sure everything is working correctly. We do not want anyone high or low level having a poor experience.

Instant and Zylx would you mind revealing your Arcane Battlegrounds in game names? I could use you guys as specific data points.

Thanks for the feedback. We do read everything even if we do not always post!

Best,
Thade

Instanthumor
05-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Hey guys,

Higher level players receive lower trophy rewards when defeating lower level players.
On the flip side High level players are penalized for losing to lower level player with increased trophy loss.

As per the 40 consecutive "weak targets" My guess is a combination of factors which all relate to Arcane Battlegrounds very recent launch.

- Those higher level players have been very active to reach their current status. You can not attack or be matched against a player who is online.

All this said I'll do some research and make sure everything is working correctly. We do not want anyone high or low level having a poor experience.

Instant and Zylx would you mind revealing your Arcane Battlegrounds in game names? I could use you guys as specific data points.

Best,
Thade

My ign is Instanthumor. Zylx's ign is Death. Thanks for replying!

Zylx
05-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,

Best,
Thade

As instanthumor said, i'm Death in the game. And also, there's a player (named 666) with a level 9 castle and lvl 7 and 11 defensive structures that only offers 1 trophy for a three-star victory. My guess is that if he attacks one of our bases and destroys them 100%, we'll lose 50 trophies and he'll gain a ton. He hasnt attacked me yet (because my castle is currently lvl 6), but i'm confused as to why his trophy reward is substantially low compared to others in the higher levels. Thanks for the reply!

Thade
05-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Hey guys,

I did some more research with the additional information you gave me and found a two things.

1. Funny enough, the 666 you attacked or visited was a QA tester. That account is now inactive. There is another 666 who is much lower level.

2. Both of you, (Death and Instanthumor) are currently front runners in Arcane Battlegrounds trophy race. If either of you is matched up against a player with a dramatically lower trophy score the amount of trophies you can steal is reduced to a minimum of 1.This is to prevent top tier players from farming their less skilled neighbors.

I imagine at Rank 4 and 8 overall (Nice job) both of you are hundreds of trophies ahead of the majority of the players you match against. This means that most of those player won’t be worth much as they are deemed inferior by the matchmaking system. ;)

I would anticipate a huge wave of new players rising up the ranks in a few days which should help clear this up. I’m sorry for all the confusion you have both had. I know this is not ideal for you at present, but you have essentially out scaled your competitors in a game which relies on them to be…well, competitive.

Best,
Thade

Instanthumor
05-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Hey guys,

I did some more research with the additional information you gave me and found a two things.

1. Funny enough, the 666 you attacked or visited was a QA tester. That account is now inactive. There is another 666 who is much lower level.

2. Both of you, (Death and Instanthumor) are currently front runners in Arcane Battlegrounds trophy race. If either of you is matched up against a player with a dramatically lower trophy score the amount of trophies you can steal is reduced to a minimum of 1.This is to prevent top tier players from farming their less skilled neighbors.

I imagine at Rank 4 and 8 overall (Nice job) both of you are hundreds of trophies ahead of the majority of the players you match against. This means that most of those player won’t be worth much as they are deemed inferior by the matchmaking system. ;)

I would anticipate a huge wave of new players rising up the ranks in a few days which should help clear this up. I’m sorry for all the confusion you have both had. I know this is not ideal for you at present, but you have essentially out scaled your competitors in a game which relies on them to be…well, competitive.

Best,
Thade

Thank you for your time. Appreciate the response!

Zylx
05-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

Best,
Thade

Thank you very much for this concise response! I was wondering who 666 was to have such an OP base, thanks for clearing that up haha. And it makes sense for us to not be rewarded as much on a victory against a low-level base than a high-level base.

Daueden
05-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Make it easier to gain trophies, when everyone in top 25 can only gain 1-3 trophies. If you lose you lose 50 trophies is a little ridiculous, try balancing the game out a little more
So when I win with a 1 star victory why am I losing 45 trophies

Thade
05-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Hi Daueden,

When battling players in your same trophy and castle range you will receive more trophies. Given the Arcane Battlegrounds newness, players like yourself who have skyrocketed above the competition have very few worthy adversaries at present. This will quickly resolve its self. As you might have noticed we have more and more players rising in the ranks each day.

When battling a player who has several hundred less trophies than yourself you will receive minimal rewards.

Here is an example;
Player A with 900+ trophies attacks player B with 154 trophies.

Player B with sub 200 trophies is no match for Player A’s might and the trophy reward is minimal due to the lack of challenge.

On the flip side if Player B were to win, it is seen as a major upset. Player B would be greatly rewarded for their miraculous victory.

Again as the game quickly matures with a flood of new players rising in the ranks you should run into this issue less and less.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best,
Thade

Zylx
05-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Hi Daueden,

When battling players in your same trophy and castle range you will receive more trophies. Given the Arcane Battlegrounds newness, players like yourself who have skyrocketed above the competition have very few worthy adversaries at present. This will quickly resolve its self. As you might have noticed we have more and more players rising in the ranks each day.

When battling a player who has several hundred less trophies than yourself you will receive minimal rewards.

Here is an example;
Player A with 900+ trophies attacks player B with 154 trophies.

Player B with sub 200 trophies is no match for Player A’s might and the trophy reward is minimal due to the lack of challenge.

On the flip side if Player B were to win, it is seen as a major upset. Player B would be greatly rewarded for their miraculous victory.

Again as the game quickly matures with a flood of new players rising in the ranks you should run into this issue less and less.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best,
Thade

I do often times see players who have top 25 bases/units at their disposal, but they have absolutely no trophies (from purposely forfeiting battles).

For example, say i do the same thing (go from 900 trophies to 0) and attack someone who has 700 trophies. I win, they lose a lot of trophies because my own trophy count is low, but my base/units are more evolved than theirs.

I see the same exact thing going on in BC. All the beginners are purposely forfeiting battles to keep their trophies low, protecting them from the higher-level people, and also competing with those who have inferior bases.

I would suggest to add another factor in conjunction with trophy count when determining rewards/penalties. I'm not sure what, but someone with a better base than mine shouldnt be draining so many trophies from me when i cant defend against them.

I've noticed a certain player (wont mention any names) who was in the top 30 just a few days ago, and now they have 0-100 trophies. This certain player attacked my base earlier today (won 52%) and i lost 17 trophies from that skirmish.

Daueden
06-01-2014, 08:26 PM
When I have a lvl 5 castle but 700 trophies why am i losing 50 trophies from a guy with 500 and a lvl 9 castle try adding in more factors such as i don't know....castle lvl.

Instanthumor
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Imo, the trophies gained/lost statistics should be based on Castle levels instead of trophy levels, and everyone should be able to attack everyone.

arielucie
06-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Imo, the trophies gained/lost statistics should be based on Castle levels instead of trophy levels, and everyone should be able to attack everyone.

Agree, hate to see low level players, with dh 7-8, and if we win 3 star only get 1 trophy. Fix this sts pls,

Jeremyfr
06-05-2014, 09:29 AM

I think that when you have a Castle lvl 5, for example, you'll be able to gain 1-5 Trophies from Castle's 1-4, 5-20 Trophies from Castle's lvl 5-6, and only gain alot ( By alot i mean 25-40 or something ) of Trophies from fighting Castle's at least 2 levels above yours.

csb
06-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Make it easier to gain trophies, when everyone in top 25 can only gain 1-3 trophies. If you lose you lose 50 trophies is a little ridiculous, try balancing the game out a little more
So when I win with a 1 star victory why am I losing 45 trophies

This is by design. Nobody wants a player to have 100k trophies. It would take a year to catch up. This system pulls down the top players quickly, and pushes up lower players quickly. In this way, nobody can dominate the top position, and everyone gets a chance to rise to the top.

The current top leaders would be pulled down very quickly if they stopped playing, which is what everyone wants.

Zylx
06-07-2014, 01:04 AM
This is by design. Nobody wants a player to have 100k trophies. It would take a year to catch up. This system pulls down the top players quickly, and pushes up lower players quickly. In this way, nobody can dominate the top position, and everyone gets a chance to rise to the top.

The current top leaders would be pulled down very quickly if they stopped playing, which is what everyone wants.

Not unless that attacker was equal or greater than the defender. Thade's response revolved around the general idea that newbies and low-level bases have low trophies, and experienced players have higher trophies. I know a few people with lvl 7-8 castles and 0-100 trophies targeting top players purposely to cause an upset in the LB for their allies to move up on. I think that if your potential for winning is equal or less than your opponent, your reward should be more. If your potential for winning is greater than your opponent, the opponent shouldn't be penalized as much as he would if it were equal.

kabuki
06-09-2014, 07:16 PM
I finished my castel 6 yesterday... i play 24/7 ..every pvp i got 1 cup till 10 cup.... now i hv 900++cup.... but this is not fair... how can i lose 50 Cup bcs try to kill higher dh than mine with low cup... this is imposible ... plz help... make pvp count same with battle dragon.... thanks...

badang
06-11-2014, 12:08 AM
the system is good already,don't overdo any changes, higher reward goes to brave warrior that attack worthy opponent,and higher penalty should go to person that failed to attack weak opponent compared to theirs. sothere will be no case of a lvl 9 castle bullying low level castle

Zylx
06-11-2014, 03:23 PM
the system is good already,don't overdo any changes, higher reward goes to brave warrior that attack worthy opponent,and higher penalty should go to person that failed to attack weak opponent compared to theirs. sothere will be no case of a lvl 9 castle bullying low level castle

The current system pits players against each other based on castle level and trophy count. Rewards are based on trophy count.

Does it make sense for a lvl 9 castle with 10 trophies to attack a lvl 7 castle with 800 trophies and the player with the level 7 castle to lose 50 trophies? Not if the lvl 9 castle is better equipped than the level 7 castle.

jb57542
06-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Again u have no idea what u r talking about.

Let me make or simple for u to understand.

Player A: castle 4, trophies 550
Player B: castle 5, trophies 200, troops :a lot
Player C: castle 4, trophies 200.

This is what is actually happening in this game.
1. Player A attacks n wins player C. Trophy won: 6.
2. Player B attacks n win player A. Trophies won: 23.

Player A did a brave attack on equal enemy n won peanuts.

Player B did a cowardly attack on weaker enemy n won the lottery.

Hope u get it now.

Please make trophy won / lost based on castle levels, not trophies count. Don't make these cowards call themselves brave.

The system needs to consider castle level and maybe troop level more I agree but trophies must be taken into account. Back when Battle Dragons was first released most trophies were based on castle level. What happened was somebody stuck with a low level tribe hall (castle) and had a higher level account on a different device. He feds tons of OP troops to his lower level account and dominated that rim. His trophies sky rocketed above the rest. STS redid the system to something close to this one and it stabilized the system.

This system forces you to constantly keep upgrading defenses and castle if you want to remain competitive with trophies. Otherwise folks with higher castle levels can put you back into your place easier with large trophy loses.

27arcane
06-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Still not fare because I am a Lvl 5 player with 800 trophies. When I attack a strong Lvl 5 player then I get only 1 trophy but when the other guy with same Lvl revenge on me then he gets 40. Is it fare?
Many already stopped playing because of poor PvP and trophies system and many gonna delete this game soon.

27arcane
06-29-2014, 04:11 AM
Well I think now we all should quit because nobody is listing to us here.

As per sts comments, we users are wrong about trophy system so there is no more reply from sts.

I challenge sts people, play at castle 5,6,7 and get over 2k trophy then we will see you guys are correct or wrong about PvP system.

Well no more post from my side because I quit too just like others.

jb57542
06-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Well I think now we all should quit because nobody is listing to us here.

As per sts comments, we users are wrong about trophy system so there is no more reply from sts.

I challenge sts people, play at castle 5,6,7 and get over 2k trophy then we will see you guys are correct or wrong about PvP system.

Well no more post from my side because I quit too just like others.

The current trophy system is based off of lessons learned from previous strategy games such as Battle Dragons. The system forces you to keep upgrading in order to have the highest trophies, this way a lvl 5 castle will never have 2k trophies per your example.

I don't see a perfect solution to the issue because you'll get a low lvl castle on the trophy leaderboards if you tweak it too much. Mainly because they could build fast cheap armies and haul in tons of trophies.

The main thing with trophies I see needs to be fixed is the Spacetime base. It has enabled those on the top of the leaderboards an opponent they can always farm for the same amount of trophies and haul in huge resources. Perhaps the Spacetime base should be made more like the Weekend challenge bases where it has a finite amount of resources and trophies that might get refreshed each time the leaderboards do.

sliu4n
06-30-2014, 12:10 PM
don't fight enemies with only 1 trophy to win, or put up a 1 day shield when your done

James Spencer Burbank
07-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Maybe instead of making higher level gameplay boring, we could just have trophies reset every so often so the top players have to stay active in order to be on top again. And/or have some kind of system where the total number of trophies and/or resources exchanged between battles increases over time. Like continue to give low level/trophy players the bonus for an upset, but don't penalize the high ranking players so much. Nothing is more frustrating than spending all day (and resources) trying to get 50 trophies only to have them taken away because someone called you during a battle.

Wewxz
10-26-2015, 11:07 PM
nice one hahaha