PDA

View Full Version : New Classes Suggestion:(REEEAAADDD)

Refriedchicken
12-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I thought of this earlier today, I'd like thoughts.

So the conflict in adding another class is, well, the three classes seemingly cover it all.

Here is my idea:

Name: Jester, or Bard (or something)

Main Weapon: Harpe, Flute, Ocarina(etc)

Main Weapon Use: With a small amount of damage (say 60-70 dps@50), and a debuff upon every hit.

Skills:
Regenerator.[Gives entire group an HP regen buff for 10 seconds, +regen per skill level up.]

Haste.[Gives entire group an attack speed buff for a set amount of time +time per skill level up]

Fire Enchant[Gives entire group extra fire damage upon each hit, +proc % per skill level up]

Defender[Gives Entire Group a defense, and evade bonus. +bonus per skill level up]

Sleep[Sleeps all monsters in area, woken if touched. +time/proc% per skill level up]

Life[Automatically revive any group member if they die while buffed. +time per skill level up]

Slow[Slows all enemies attack speeds in area. +proc % per skill level up]

Rake[Reduces enemy armour. +reduce per skill level up]

Prayer[Gives entire party a small critical percent buff. +crit % per skill level up]

Target[Allows you to choose one target for one enemy attacks. +time per skill level up]

Bind[Holds enemies in place. +time/proc% per skill level up]

Switch[Switches HP and Mana pools, -casting time per skill level up]

Stun[Stuns a monster. +proc% per skill level up]
----

All spells would be based on INT.

=======================================

Captivator:

Main Weapon: Leesh, whip, Cages.

Main weapon use: Damage, the ability to "capture" certain monsters.

Skills:

Attack![Orders a summoned pet to attack targeted monster, -recast timer per skill level up]

Retreat![Orders a summoned pet to return to you, -recast timer per skill level up]

Destroy![Orders a summoned pet to use an ability, -recast timer per skill level up]

Transfer[Gain HP in exchange for pet health. +HP per skill level up]

Safe[Transfers your HP to your pets HP. +HP per skill level up]

Aggressor[Gives a self-buff of + per damage, and + pet critical damage, +damage/crit per skill level up]

Summon Skeleton[Summons a low level skeleton for a short amount of time. +time per skill level up]

Summon Alien[Summons a medium level alien for a short amount of time. +time per skill level up]

Summon Knight[Summons a medium level Knight for a short amount of time +time per skill level up]

Summon High Level Alien[Summons a high alien for a short amount of time. +time per skill level up]

Summon Vyxxnar[Summons Xyvvnar for a short amount of time. +time per skill level up]

Summon Alien Sniper[Summons an Alien Sniper for a short amount of time. +time per skill level up]

Summon damage, and weapon damage would be based on a a STR/DEX/INT combonation. Each summon would have an advantage with a single attribute.

PS: Not so sure about Sniper, but an Ao3 boss would be too overpowered.

-------------

How about your opinions? :'D

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Another WOW and "wow" idea :) ^

Kossi
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
lets see...
bear
bird
elf...

jester?

just doesnt go in

also i finished reading and i saw ur sig..killed the mood

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Bear
bird
eagle
dragon
horses
chicken
rat
donkey
squirrel
panda
monkey
rabbit
pig

Do I really need to continue!?!

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Lol me too. I saw that and I was like... "Huh? He just recommended a beastmaster... But he eats pets!"

lets see...
bear
bird
elf...

jester?

just doesnt go in

also i finished reading and i saw ur sig..killed the mood

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Rofl.. I laughed for like 2 secs...
also i finished reading and i saw ur sig..killed the mood[/QUOTE]

Refriedchicken
Well, by that logic, nothing would fit into Ranger, Warrior, Mage.

And about the WoW comment, I'm sick of hearing things like this. I've never played WoW. Those classes are also similar in some regards to FFXI classes, but the thing is, it's all been done. Trying to come up with something 100% original is near impossible.

Lesrider
A donkey for jester -- definitely!!

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah because of the humans who took my ideas...
rofl...

Now if someone can turn you into a "avatar" dude then that would be original, in real life though...

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:38 AM
A donkey for jester -- definitely!!

Sounds sexy enough for me...
I can see Shrek's donkey wearing leather boots with a oversized metal helmet and a sharp scimitar... oh geez ... bring out the popcorn...

Refriedchicken
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
We have digressed from the topic.
xD

Echelong
12-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Well, by that logic, nothing would fit into Ranger, Warrior, Mage.

And about the WoW comment, I'm sick of hearing things like this. I've never played WoW. Those classes are also similar in some regards to FFXI classes, but the thing is, it's all been done. Trying to come up with something 100% original is near impossible.

Yeah they seem more from FFIII than WoW since they didn't had clases like that on WoW (you missed a heck of a game). They seem ok but the jester/bard is going to be way overpowered with all those buffs. What I would like on another class would be a big debuffer with DOTs. Still not a bad idea.

PS your sig is kinda disturbing.

Kossi
12-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Bear
bird
eagle
dragon
horses
chicken
rat
donkey
squirrel
panda
monkey
rabbit
pig

Do I really need to continue!?!

we have pandas, eagles, and squirrels!

im pretty sure dragons will beat the sht out of everyone

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I love dragons... I so want to be a dragon... Me ( The Great Dragon ) Other players... ( weak humans ) *BOASSHHHH* your dead oppss...

Gamelova
12-29-2010, 10:48 AM
We have digressed from the topic.
xD

I would never do that... I'm always steady for suggestions on what to do and how to improve PL... rofl rofl rofl...

Refriedchicken
12-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I changed my sig, but for some reason I can't add the sig I made =[

SO HERE IT IS:
http://i51.tinypic.com/29uxavl.jpg

Ruscour
12-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I really hope that OP is trolling, goddamn.

This is NOT an original suggestion. The idea of a "bard" class is ancient in MMOs, and it will never be implemented successfully, because it's ridiculously difficult to balance.

Bards aren't gonna kill things, they're gonna buff. If the buffs are too weak, no-one will take one. If the buffs are too strong, they'll be a necessity. It would take extreme lengths to balance that, and on top of it, everything to do with the bard is boring barring the instrument concept, which will wear off mighty quickly.

Just no. If we're getting a new class, I want a necromancer. You could make it an undead that isn't mindless, that wants to stop the baddies for whatever reason, the game's lore is a joke anyway. Someone that's a caster, with a bit more defense than an enchantress. Has vampiric attacks (steal health), abilities that cost health, and the ability to make undead minions that follow you around after you kill things for a little while that attack what you attack.

Not some stupid boring bard that sits in the back playing his harp like a twerp.

Phoenixking
12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
@ruscour nice idea lol u r seriously thinking

Refriedchicken
12-29-2010, 09:52 PM
@Ruscour.

Okay. So lets break down your suggestion.

First of all, Necromancer is nothing new, either.

Second of all, it's done. It's called a mage. Nothing different there. PS: Mage has steal health.

The cost of HP for spells in this game wouldn't work, what would the MP bar be used for? And hello to easy deaths.

My comment about your bashing of bard idea.

Look, it's simply an idea. The three basic attack types have been totally covered by each of the three classes, so something new HAS to be implemented.

You're saying bard would get boring? What class in this game wouldn't?

I realize it's been used before, in several games, but who cares? If you're trying to do something TOTALLY original you need to spend hours brainstorming, and it'll still be very similar.

Lets look at the similarties of PL to other MMOs, shall we?

Consignment Shop-FFXI Auction House
Set Bonus-FFXI
Warrior, Ranger, Mage-All MMos
Gold-All MMos
Platinum System-Does this sound familiar to anyone? *cough*
Lightning, Fire, and an ice spell that freezes-Almost all MMOs.
The pull ability for bear-Just like Provoke in FFXI.
Holiday Events-Pretty much all MMOs, again.

I mean, you can sit here all day and be like "wow, that reminds me of - - - -", EVERY MMO is similar in its own respect. I don't get why people think EVERY change to this game HAS to be 100% new. It'll NEVER happen. Sometimes you just have to float with what the community wants.

And about your overpowered/underpowered comment, good point. Yeah, it'd take some augmenting, and some updates, but would it not be all worth it when it's balanced? And who cares if people want one in a group? Chances are if/when it comes out, 90% of people will be leveling it up, and victory lap would consist of a party of 5 of them, lol. I highly doubt they would be in short supply for very long.

I personally am not all for the bard idea myself, to be honest, but I couldn't think of anything else that would fit into this game.

TheLaw
12-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Why not just add an Assasin?

Ruscour
12-30-2010, 01:31 AM
So you bash my suggestion for not being original and yet you proceed to say that nothing's original? Anyways.

I didn't know that enchantresses had steal health, never played one. Only semi-new, as per my sig.

I don't think that Spacetime wants to add new classes. I think people would much rather new content. And I didn't come up with the Necromancer idea, in fact, I pretty much stole the whole thing outright from Guild Wars. That was a great game, fyi :D

If we consider the classic archetypes, perhaps PL needs a priest/monk (pure healer with debuffing smites, perhaps better single target healer than ench but worse AoE or something) and a rogue/assassin (dex-based stabbity guy with stuns up the butt).

Just no bard. Or make everyone a bard, that can choose a particular instrument that gives a group bonus to a particular substat (hit/crit/regen, whatever) that has it's own XP bar once you're at max level that gains XP by killing things while you're buffed with it. Or some crap like that.

Icicle Wind
12-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Ice spells here only freezes movement, and are broken by fire, not to mention the duration on itself. Really pointless. Lightning's armor debuff just plain sucks. I barely notice any difference. Fire is based on force movement, but is hard to use it right. Still, I would say, PL is really enjoyable from a WoW break, and is the best portable MMO yet. A summoning and petting class would be nice, as Conjour Warlord(Pandas? lol) and Beast Mastery Hunter(Fox?) in WoW. Though ofcourse this would be a challenge to copy MMOs to portable devices.

Yeah, we will definately get WoW when iPad recieves a battery span of 100 hours, clinches to our shirts with eletral magnetic forces, and weighs 100 grams for a 15 incher. Between us, their is only time.

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 02:40 AM
To be original, we need a strange class... I suggest a lion, its a balanced character. Big and strong like a bear, dexterous like a bird. This class would use claws for weapons or throw sharp talon/ claw nails. Since we already have almost every kind of spell in the game, I suggest that this character would be more self focus'd spell wise. Like Invisibility for 5-10 seconds or so. Or a twin ghost clone that is 1/2 of your level. So if your lvl 50, it will be level 25. If you have the spell at level 5, it will spawn a third clone. They will have lower hp and not be able to cast spells. They disappear after so many seconds or until killed. They will auto attack any target that you are attacking, and they mimic your movements side by side with you.

we have pandas, eagles, and squirrels!

im pretty sure dragons will beat the sht out of everyone

The only way we will get dragons is if its a baby dragon that shoots sprinkles of Cinnamon out of its mouth. Oh and it would be fat, small, and have short T-Rex arms. Its wings would be too small to fly! Only way that a dragon will be acceptable in this game :).

Ruscour
12-30-2010, 02:57 AM
They're bringing pets, right? Maybe we can have pet classes that do different things that would add something extra into the mix.

I still want some sort of undead minion system for something. Something that can raise up to 5/10/whatever baddies into undead guys that follow you and kill what you kill. However, they expire either when they die or after 30 seconds or something. It'd add pace into the game, you'd build up momentum and then try and keep it. I think that'd be fun to have in the game, constantly going pewpewpew, being inclined to keep up that pace.

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 03:03 AM
They're bringing pets, right? Maybe we can have pet classes that do different things that would add something extra into the mix.

I still want some sort of undead minion system for something. Something that can raise up to 5/10/whatever baddies into undead guys that follow you and kill what you kill. However, they expire either when they die or after 30 seconds or something. It'd add pace into the game, you'd build up momentum and then try and keep it. I think that'd be fun to have in the game, constantly going pewpewpew, being inclined to keep up that pace.

I want summoning classes too! You know how boring pets are? Guild Wars has them, all they freakin do is fight... Its like lugging around a NPC that gets stuck on every single stupid turn!

Ruscour
12-30-2010, 03:27 AM
I want summoning classes too! You know how boring pets are? Guild Wars has them, all they freakin do is fight... Its like lugging around a NPC that gets stuck on every single stupid turn!

Some people love pets...my girlfriend's Warrior in GWars has a pet crocodile for the sake of it, barely adds damage.

Summoning classes would be cool. Even if it's just a new patch that allows pets for the current classes...like, a fire/water elemental for the enchantress, a snake or something (something that can shoot things) for the archer, and a lion or something for the warrior, with abilities that were either unique (movement control, disables, damage reductions, poisons, that kind of thing) or were the same of yours (for example, I could bind Crippling Slash to my pet, so I could Stomp a mob away, and my pet would cripslash it there for 5 secs or something).

Throwing around random ideas is fun. It'd be so awesome being a game designer at the roundtable :O