PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Taking screenshots on a droid.

Refriedchicken
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
I just recently figured this out myself, and several people have asked me the method.

So here it is:

First, your phone must be rooted. If your phone is not rooted, download z4root, connect the USB cord to your computer, and choose "permanent root". Simple as that.

After you're rooted, go to the market and search for an application called "Shootme".

When you open "Shootme" you will see a disclaimer, accept it.

Another window will appear that says "Shake mode is now active(blahblahblah)", push hide.

Open the application, or whatever you're trying to screenshot, and shake your phone a few times. You should hear a camera clicking noise.

To open the pictures, download "ES File Explorer" and search for "Shootme". Or on your PC, there is a folder called "Shootme".

Hope this helped. :'D

pcm2a
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Most people may not want to root their phone, so this solution will not work for them. Here is a guide using your PC/Mac/Linux, a USB cable and an application from Google called DDMS to take screenshots.

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2008/10/22/taking-screenshots-on-an-android-based-phone/

I have used it many times to take screen shots from my unrooted Droid X.

SilentKingdom
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Most people may not want to root their phone, so this solution will not work for them. Here is a guide using your PC/Mac/Linux, a USB cable and an application from Google called DDMS to take screenshots.

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2008/10/22/taking-screenshots-on-an-android-based-phone/

I have used it many times to take screen shots from my unrooted Droid X.

Thanks for this link. I'm going to try it out.

pcm2a
12-29-2010, 05:18 PM
The only extra thing I had to do with that was install the Motorola Drivers (from Motorola) for it to work with my Droid X. My HTC Evo didn't seem to need anything but the Google USB drivers. Just a heads up if you have driver problems and have a Droid/Droid X/etc.

SilentKingdom
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you. The sad thing is now, whenever I try to open PL with the program running, PL crashes before opening and I have to force close it :(
Edit: Now it's doing it without my phone even being plugged in :S Hope something bad didn't happen. Power cycling and hoping it works. My icons show the default blue window with a gear now

Cabero
01-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Z4root doesn't work for Droid Incredible you have to use unrevoked. But the shootme app works great thx for that part.