PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked Grand Crate of the Watch , It should be?Why?

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 04:54 AM
This idea has been suggested by me and many others.

This is not "Looting" this is Something Called "Converting"

Still you can only loot a Locked Grand Crate of watch

This is how you're going to make a Unlocked Crate:
•There will be 2 Buttons "Unlock" & "Open"(Current)

•Open will directly opens lock for 15Plat
•If you press "Unlock" the Chest will great you another chest called "Unlocked Grand Crate of the Watch"(Costs the same)

And now you can sell it in CS !

Benifits:
•Locks can be opened by Non-Plat Players too
•it won't reduce the Lock price as it still required 15Plat
•Many will unlock the Locked ones who says they don't have Luck!
•Increased plat sales as everyone wants to sell lock at high price by Unlocking them(this will cost high as it grants Arcane /Mythic Items)
•No Rage Quit of Plat Spenders as it Gives the another way to make money out of plats
•As far as I know this will reduce scamming , Scammers say "I'll open lock for u" but this will be reducing it a Little where people can say " Add a Unlocked then I'll add a locked" and a Little scamming will be reduced

Thoughts?, just don't leave a "-1" indeed leave it with a valid reason,Please.

j3peaz
05-28-2014, 05:34 AM
The only problem I see is an over saturation of lock legendaries and eggs. The loss of exclusivity will result in low prices and more inflation. Hopefully the new gold vanities will combat inflation but I do not see it being enough. To combat saturation of Gear I propose using existing gear but giving the stats a small range of variances so they are not all the same; some will have good stats and some will have better stats. This would allow under used gear to be seen and utilized instead of just being liquidated and never seen by 99% of players. It would add to the randomness of locks and receiving gear from locks less like receiving junk. This idea could be implemented independent of locks too to give more variance in total gear of the game.

Being a non plat buyer I support this idea and know it isn't b the first time it has came along. There are pros and cons as listed above but I think the exclusiveness is the deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Xeusx
05-28-2014, 08:01 AM
I can tell u why Unlocked not good.
Unlocked not exist with the opened chest.

Rare
05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Its not really good for business. I'm actually surprised the STS released elixir kits. On the face of it, it seems ok. Plat still needs to be spent to get the kits, yes. However, what happens now is most of the plat for these kits is being spent by a smaller number of people. When they stop spending, what happens? People get accustomed to NOT spending plat of these things and its not as easy as flipping a switch back when these people eventually stop spending their plat.

The most successful model is getting a lot of people to want to spend a little. As opposed to a few people spending a lot. And this is just elixir we're talking about. Imagine the ramification this will have on the in game economy. You have to understand the domino effect it will have on everything.

Nitexx
05-28-2014, 08:50 AM
This is a good idea, but I don't think it provides much. The same number of locked will be opened, as it will be roughly equal to the number of crates 'unlocked', which is already happening. So that will remain equal. The only difference is that now a plat user can sell this Unlocked Chest instead of opening it themselves. I actually don't see anything wrong with this as it essentially converts it into an Elite Gold Chest (warchest, dragon, etc.)

I think it would be only useful for a few people, as I think most plat players actually want to get the rare items, and not just convert plat to gold, as this would merely be a way to convert plat to gold. This would affect the economy as Unlocked chests are already available in the form of Elite Gold Chests, and their high value would now come down as these new Unlocked Chests become available. Which may not be a bad thing ...

mightymynk
05-28-2014, 09:13 AM
This idea has been suggested by me and many others.

This is not "Looting" this is Something Called "Converting"

Still you can only loot a Locked Grand Crate of watch

This is how you're going to make a Unlocked Crate:
•There will be 2 Buttons "Unlock" & "Open"(Current)

•Open will directly opens lock for 15Plat
•If you press "Unlock" the Chest will great you another chest called "Unlocked Grand Crate of the Watch"(Costs the same)

And now you can sell it in CS !

Benifits:
•Locks can be opened by Non-Plat Players too
•it won't reduce the Lock price as it still required 15Plat
•Many will unlock the Locked ones who says they don't have Luck!
•Increased plat sales as everyone wants to sell lock at high price by Unlocking them(this will cost high as it grants Arcane /Mythic Items)
•No Rage Quit of Plat Spenders as it Gives the another way to make money out of plats
•As far as I know this will reduce scamming , Scammers say "I'll open lock for u" but this will be reducing it a Little where people can say " Add a Unlocked then I'll add a locked" and a Little scamming will be reduced

Thoughts?, just don't leave a "-1" indeed leave it with a valid reason,Please.

Agree, i just created a thread and u have explained beautifully here.
Those who r saying that there will be inflation and exclusivity gone plz understand that same amount of lockeds r being open as some1 wud do before. It wud be for those who feels they may open lock bt they r nt lucky so they can just unlock and make gold and how can it make price cheaper if non plat user open lock and makes no difference if plat user open :what:

Now u say that some people spending more plat and others none bt the fact is the game is made that way yes then the whole trading system shud be removed coz that makes sm ppl spending more and others none, think of that

And abt elixir kits i dont think any problem in that coz its just giving non plat user elixir what does it harm anyone and if it was that bad idea then we wudnt be having any elixirs in cs. Most people i see who object is who can buy elixir using plat and then farm so as this makes gear price low it hurts to plat farmers

octavos
05-28-2014, 09:14 AM
if i'm reading this right....locks will be Unlocked but not opened using plat, and resold in CS if the person wants to purchase them or trade them unlocked.

Interesting idea, kinda like the kits that are sold. Locks will still be sold or traded to non-plat spenders. Right now only people who can obtain plat to open them are reaping the rewards and selling those items in CS (maybe after opening 200-1000's to get the great stuff). I think more will be opened and items will be more available. But the best things should come from elite maps anyway. In a way these chests are still a gamble....so there is no way it will hurt the economy, I think it will empower players in a different way.

Right now the non-plat spenders are just farming the chests, and selling them to the plat spenders. Now if this idea were implemented....it will change for many people.

Skaunared
05-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Its not really good for business. I'm actually surprised the STS released elixir kits. On the face of it, it seems ok. Plat still needs to be spent to get the kits, yes. However, what happens now is most of the plat for these kits is being spent by a smaller number of people. When they stop spending, what happens? People get accustomed to NOT spending plat of these things and its not as easy as flipping a switch back when these people eventually stop spending their plat.

The most successful model is getting a lot of people to want to spend a little. As opposed to a few people spending a lot. And this is just elixir we're talking about. Imagine the ramification this will have on the in game economy. You have to understand the domino effect it will have on everything.

it is true that there are only few who chose to invest in luck kits, but when these people stop spending on kits, there will be no supply in the market, thus making a higher demand... Kit price will increase, and plat spenders will buy kits to sell again.

Xeusx
05-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Sorry but STS never make like ur suggestion.

Rare
05-28-2014, 09:57 AM
it is true that there are only few who chose to invest in luck kits, but when these people stop spending on kits, there will be no supply in the market, thus making a higher demand... Kit price will increase, and plat spenders will buy kits to sell again.

Yes, if those people decide to do it. I'll use myself as an example. I buy gold kits. I save my plat now for other things (vanity, locked). If the supply runs out, I don't see myself immediately buying kits. Instead, ill wait for someone else to buy and sell. I may go back to buying kits myself, but its not going to happen immediately. This means there will be a big lull in spending at times. Not good for business.

Then, compound onto that "unlocked" crates. Now, there really isn't much for me to spend plat on. So, with little motivation, I will not buy it. Thus, I will not be buying any kits or unlocking crates if the market dries up.

Just think about how the ripple will affect the "normal" players. Not the whales or the "minnows"...

I know it seems complicated. But these are the things businesses must take into account when creating a business model. If you take away normal players motivation to buy plat, they aren't just going to pick up and start buying plat again at a moment's notice.

BTW, you could expect unlocked crates to sell for WELL below Elite Golden Chests. As with everything else we've seen, its will probably stabilize around 2x the plat to gold exchange rate (lep amulets are even lower, but those are non consumable items). So we're talking about 30-35k for an "unlocked" crate. Even adding the current cost of a crate to that... lets say it'll stabalize around 40-45k. Still well below elite golden dragon chests.

scarysmerf
05-28-2014, 11:04 AM
This is a bad idea why spend same plat to unlock instead of opening. Its pointless just gamble and open them.

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Sorry but STS never make like ur suggestion.

C'mon you posted twice without a valid reason!

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 12:17 PM
This is a bad idea why spend same plat to unlock instead of opening. Its pointless just gamble and open them.

How do you expect a Non-Plat user to open it?

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 12:19 PM
This is a good idea, but I don't think it provides much. The same number of locked will be opened, as it will be roughly equal to the number of crates 'unlocked', which is already happening. So that will remain equal. The only difference is that now a plat user can sell this Unlocked Chest instead of opening it themselves. I actually don't see anything wrong with this as it essentially converts it into an Elite Gold Chest (warchest, dragon, etc.)

I think it would be only useful for a few people, as I think most plat players actually want to get the rare items, and not just convert plat to gold, as this would merely be a way to convert plat to gold. This would affect the economy as Unlocked chests are already available in the form of Elite Gold Chests, and their high value would now come down as these new Unlocked Chests become available. Which may not be a bad thing ...
It will actually increase the Opening , the Players who says they don't have "Luck" can unlock it and sell in market

ibighunk
05-28-2014, 12:22 PM
What an idea.. !!

basketholic209
05-28-2014, 12:25 PM
BTW, you could expect unlocked crates to sell for WELL below Elite Golden Chests. As with everything else we've seen, its will probably stabilize around 2x the plat to gold exchange rate (lep amulets are even lower, but those are non consumable items). So we're talking about 30-35k for an "unlocked" crate. Even adding the current cost of a crate to that... lets say it'll stabalize around 40-45k. Still well below elite golden dragon chests.

This is what I think:
- This will mean more crates to be unlocked.
- More unlocked crates means more opened crates.
- More opened crates means more mythics and arcanes to be looted.
- More mythics and arcanes means the prices of them will go down. Heck, I'm sure mythic helms and armors will go as low as amulets. And even Hammerjaw may go as low as 1 - 2m.
- Most legendaries from crates can't even be sold in auction, you'll get more gold liquidating it.
- Prices of mythics and arcanes going down will make people start complaining that they keep getting junks.
- Elite golden's price will crash. Who is silly enough to open one when they can open unlocked crates for better chance and better items (including arcane eggs)? Elite golden pirate, warchest and puzzlebox will be under 10k and elite golden dragonscale will be around 20k.
- More mythics and arcanes will also make demand decrease for elite gear.
- Low demand for elite gear and elite golden means PvE part of the game is dead.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Zeus
05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
This would crash the farming market.

Energizeric
05-28-2014, 12:47 PM

Yeah, part of the reason elite golden chests have that huge premium is because that is the only way for non-plat customers to have a chance at looting a mythic or arcane item. Judging by how the elixir kits and plat vanities sell, usually it's 1 plat = 3k gold or around that exchange. So 15 plat to open a locked crate means around 45k gold to buy, plus the 10k value of the locked crate, means around 50-55k gold to buy one of these "unlocked crates". So you can expect elite golden chests to drop to a value considerably lower than that since the chance of looting mythic and arcane in a locked crate is higher, and you can also loot an arcane pet which you cannot from an elite golden chest.

This would be very bad for farming. Even though you think you would be helping non-plat players, what you would actually be doing is causing a gold transfer from non-plat players (who would be buying these unlocked crates) to the plat players (who would be selling them). This would further divide the player base between plat and non-plat players.

This is sort of like one of those twisted economic plans the rich politicians would sell the poor starving lower class voters to convince them it would be good for them, except that the only people it really helps are the rich folks who contribute to the political campaigns. Planning to run for the mayor of Arlor sometime soon? haha

octavos
05-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah, part of the reason elite golden chests have that huge premium is because that is the only way for non-plat customers to have a chance at looting a mythic or arcane item. Judging by how the elixir kits and plat vanities sell, usually it's 1 plat = 3k gold or around that exchange. So 15 plat to open a locked crate means around 45k gold to buy, plus the 10k value of the locked crate, means around 50-55k gold to buy one of these "unlocked crates". So you can expect elite golden chests to drop to a value considerably lower than that since the chance of looting mythic and arcane in a locked crate is higher, and you can also loot an arcane pet which you cannot from an elite golden chest.

This would be very bad for farming. Even though you think you would be helping non-plat players, what you would actually be doing is causing a gold transfer from non-plat players (who would be buying these unlocked crates) to the plat players (who would be selling them). This would further divide the player base between plat and non-plat players.

This is sort of like one of those twisted economic plans the rich politicians would sell the poor starving lower class voters to convince them it would be good for them, except that the only people it really helps are the rich folks who contribute to the political campaigns. Planning to run for the mayor of Arlor sometime soon? haha

Why would anyone like to farm for a chance at a chest in elites....and the amount of deaths, potions (thousands I believe), and finding a good group...would just be added to the price of a locked like you stated. Even elites as you mentioned don't have arcane. Elite chests have a chance at good loot, but not as good as a locked. all these other types of chests are great for the free to play person..and those who love elites, but I see this economic plan more feasible and less time consuming having people open them up for you, and all you have to do is open.

Locks are bypassing any elite motive to play anyway, so why not open up the chance for people to buy these chests unlocked...or spend more money and effort to get a chest that doesn't carry any arcane item to begin with these puzzle boxes and elite chests.

if the chests market crash from elites..then to bad, because even purchasing an elite for 140k+ is just insanity for epic dragon scale (when you could buy 3 unlocked chests at the same price..and the added arcane items). when you can have even better chances with a locked..and its 15 plat per opening. They will be opened and resold...if not the market will stay the same...But the more options implemented helps the player..that will help STG at the end of the day.

oh and also, with that new 10 mill vanity (5 Million would be better..and obtainable)....How are many supposed to earn that anyway....by selling a few arcane eggs? yea..but since they dont fall from elite chests, all people are left with is selling a locked box.

Schnitzel
05-28-2014, 02:36 PM
+1 vote to the idea, nice job Hoardseeker

(I never got plats to open lock crates, and i don't wanna try because my usual luck is bad..)

Prahasit Prahi
05-28-2014, 09:48 PM
It's my Idea.See the link

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?117546-Opened-Grand-crate-of-watch&highlight=Prahi

posted it way long back last year....but after reading other comments lost my hopes on it.
As AL is already the best ftp of MMO in world we should not asking everything.

~Prahi

Attack Dog
05-28-2014, 09:51 PM

Agree

Prahasit Prahi
05-28-2014, 09:58 PM
How do you expect a Non-Plat user to open it?

This is what a Non-Plat user is.

Just by this time think of the difference between a Plat and Non plat user...before there is a lot of difference like auction slots,inventory slots,pets,elixirs etc...
but now barely there is nothing difference except the locked crates...if they make this implemented the difference also vanishes and what the plat users think is buying a plat a waste as they get everything for gold so they just stop buying plat...finally the market crashes

This is what happens.

~Prahi

Prahasit Prahi
05-28-2014, 10:00 PM
This is what I think:
- More mythics and arcanes means the prices of them will go down. Heck, I'm sure mythic helms and armors will go as low as amulets. And even Hammerjaw may go as low as 1 - 2m.
- Most legendaries from crates can't even be sold in auction, you'll get more gold liquidating it.
- Prices of mythics and arcanes going down will make people start complaining that they keep getting junks.
- Elite golden's price will crash. Who is silly enough to open one when they can open unlocked crates for better chance and better items (including arcane eggs)? Elite golden pirate, warchest and puzzlebox will be under 10k and elite golden dragonscale will be around 20k.
- Low demand for elite gear and elite golden means PvE part of the game is dead.

Yea that's true and baskei u know one thing when HJ was first launched it used to sell for 800k-1m LOL :D
It would reach that price.

~Prahi

mightymynk
05-28-2014, 10:34 PM
This is what I think:

Altho i agree elite chest will crash but how can u say mythic coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in lock opening now and then yes and after all its just unlocking and the player who used to open 200 locks will just sell then and those 200 will be open by 200 different players so what difference it makes the locks are just getting divided and only 200 locks are getting opened and same number of mythic and arcane looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to open lock. Why would people unlock a large number of crates than before as its just a alternative to open lock. And if its demand rises then so did its price so again not much people opening it and if price drops then not much people will be unlocking

Xeusx
05-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Altho i agree elite chest will crash but how can u say mythic coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in lock opening now and then yes and after all its just unlocking and the player who used to open 200 locks will just sell then and those 200 will be open by 200 different players so what difference it makes the locks are just getting divided and only 200 locks are getting opened and same number of mythic and arcane looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to open lock. Why would people unlock a large number of crates than before as its just a alternative to open lock. And if its demand rises then so did its price so again not much people opening it and if price drops then not much people will be unlocking
Again.

Ok Mighty, u dont want this game to be destroyed, right? If so, then why u suggest this?

Xeusx
05-28-2014, 10:51 PM
I will tell: Poor players win and rich players lose, which mean Poor players will open unlocked and rich players lose his plats for become unlocked.

Xeusx
05-28-2014, 10:55 PM
C'mon you posted twice without a valid reason!
Hoard, u are a poor player, which mean u have to win against rich player, right? Wrong, rich player will win for fair play.
And hoard, think about the problems, and even u ask me for the valid reason BUT u dont have any reason problem.

Zeus
05-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Perhaps I should elaborate...

This would crash the farming market because:

1. Elite Golden ______ would crash.
2. If free players are opening locked crates, what's the point of farming for the elite legendary gear? After all, locked crates are the only good thing to farm now! Farm enough to afford your unlocked grand crate of the watch and then open those! Why would you ever need to farm?
3. If free players are not farming for elite legendary gear...what option is left to farm? Locked crates!
4. Influx in arcanes in the market. Yes, I know that the crates still come from platinum users but players can already see how awesome the plat to elixir chest trade off is worth to plat players. You'd have to be naive to think that this is any less popular!

If all the money is flowing in one direction, that is not a good thing AT ALL.

Zylx
05-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Perhaps I should elaborate...

This would crash the farming market because:

1. Elite Golden ______ would crash.
2. If free players are opening locked crates, what's the point of farming for the elite legendary gear? After all, locked crates are the only good thing to farm now! Farm enough to afford your unlocked grand crate of the watch and then open those! Why would you ever need to farm?
3. If free players are not farming for elite legendary gear...what option is left to farm? Locked crates!
4. Influx in arcanes in the market. Yes, I know that the crates still come from platinum users but players can already see how awesome the plat to elixir chest trade off is worth to plat players. You'd have to be naive to think that this is any less popular!

If all the money is flowing in one direction, that is not a good thing AT ALL.

Not to mention a very apparent scam...

A: "Ugh i have this locked crate, but i dont have 15 plat to unlock it"
B: "I'll unlock it for you for 5k gold"
A: "Ok"
-A trades B the crate for 5k gold. B then runs away-
A: "#ivebeenscammed"

Edit: Deja Vu?

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Not to mention a very apparent scam...

A: "Ugh i have this locked crate, but i dont have 15 plat to unlock it"
B: "I'll unlock it for you for 5k gold"
A: "Ok"
-A trades B the crate for 5k gold. B then runs away-
A: "#ivebeenscammed"

Edit: Deja Vu?

That scam happens with the Crurrent one, where they say I'll unlock and give you the items

If you're a clever guy, you'll ask for Unlocked not 5K

Zylx
05-28-2014, 11:10 PM
That scam happens with the Crurrent one, where they say I'll unlock and give you the items

If you're a clever guy, you'll ask for Unlocked not 5K

Lol are scammers clever? xD

Hoardseeker
05-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Lol are scammers clever? xD

Clever

quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
"a clever and studious young woman"
synonyms: intelligent, bright, smart, astute, sharp, quick-witted, shrewd;

Arpluvial
05-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Hey guys, I have moved this to AL Suggestions and Feedback. :)

Zylx
05-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Clever

quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
"a clever and studious young woman"
synonyms: intelligent, bright, smart, astute, sharp, quick-witted, shrewd;

Lol i know what clever means lol. Scammers would jump at the chance to steal a locked crate and 5k from another player. Scammers use old tactics repeatedly, and often-times fail and even get banned. Are they clever? I dont think so

Archerios
05-29-2014, 02:33 AM
I tell you this "clever guy never scam :eagerness:" which mean scammer are simply dum*

btw back to the topic.
I dont like the idea because :

1.Isn't "unlocked" and "open" means the same?

2.STS need money to keep running the server.The money comes from people buying platinums.People buying platinums because they need best item from locked crate.If locked can be unlocked without plats people wont buy platinums anymore.If noone buying platinums,STS dont get money.Without money,they cant run the server which mean in the end we cant play this game anymore.

Bigboyblue
05-29-2014, 07:14 AM
I don't see a major problem with this. Other than elite golden dragon chests decreasing in value there really is no other downside. There would more than likely be an increased number of lock crates opened which may slightly decrease the price of the loot within, but given the current drop rate I can't see a major change.

The thing is STS would be changing their greatest money maker, which is a scary thing to do. If I were them I wouldn't implement this out of fear. However, if revenue is decreasing at some point and a change is needed this is an option to attempt to boost sales. It may have an effect, it may not.

Bubblezzhd
05-29-2014, 07:52 AM
The unlocked crates would have better loot that the current elite golden chest so that would mean either the unlocked crates would cost over 100k increasing gold per plat spent for plat users or the elite golden chests would crash to a very low price

basketholic209
05-29-2014, 07:53 AM

I'm trying to use your logic for luck elixir kits. So here it is:

"how can u say magma blades of brutality coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in luck elixir usage now and then yes and after all its just buying kit and the player who used to use 200 luck elixirs will just sell then and those 200 will be used by 200 different players so what difference it makes the luck elixirs are just getting divided and only 200 luck elixirs are getting used and same number of magma blades of brutality looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to use luck elixirs. Why would people buy a large number of luck elixir kits than before as its just a alternative to buy luck elixirs."

It's just an example, but you should get my point :)
FYI:
Before the introduction of luck elixir: magma blades of brutality is around 800 - 900k
Afterwards: 200 - 300k

So my response to your logic: NO, the number of crates being opened WILL NOT be the same. It will increase exponentially, much higher than the example of luck elixirs.

mightymynk
05-29-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm trying to use your logic for luck elixir kits. So here it is:

"how can u say magma blades of brutality coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in luck elixir usage now and then yes and after all its just buying kit and the player who used to use 200 luck elixirs will just sell then and those 200 will be used by 200 different players so what difference it makes the luck elixirs are just getting divided and only 200 luck elixirs are getting used and same number of magma blades of brutality looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to use luck elixirs. Why would people buy a large number of luck elixir kits than before as its just a alternative to buy luck elixirs."

It's just an example, but you should get my point :)
FYI:
Before the introduction of luck elixir: magma blades of brutality is around 800 - 900k
Afterwards: 200 - 300k

So my response to your logic: NO, the number of crates being opened WILL NOT be the same. It will increase exponentially, much higher than the example of luck elixirs.

Hmmm maybe u are correct but u missed a fact that one person cannot use 200 luck elixir on his/her own bt 1 can open 200 locks bt still on thinking i must say that yes there will be more lock open bt again its price will be high. So thinking overall i cn say there will be a lil drop in price bt nt a large negative effect. Actually we need to discuss more on this topic which we are doing.

And instead of saying fully no to the idea why not try to do a editing to it like unlocked crates wont drop gold packs and little reduced platinum packs just from unlocked and locked drop same as before I think something like this may work and why just say directly no as new feature will definitely bring in more fun :)

basketholic209
05-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Hmmm maybe u are correct but u missed a fact that one person cannot use 200 luck elixir on his/her own bt 1 can open 200 locks bt still on thinking i must say that yes there will be more lock open bt again its price will be high. So thinking overall i cn say there will be a lil drop in price bt nt a large negative effect. Actually we need to discuss more on this topic which we are doing.

And instead of saying fully no to the idea why not try to do a editing to it like unlocked crates wont drop gold packs and little reduced platinum packs just from unlocked and locked drop same as before I think something like this may work and why just say directly no as new feature will definitely bring in more fun :)

More fun only for the first few weeks. And then elite maps aka PvE (unless you're telling me that hunting crates counts as PvE) starts to die. And maybe as the others know, I'm a hardcore mercher and very rarely run elite maps, but I know many do and it will be a huge blow for them.

I think we should just accept that we already have an elite golden chest for that specific purpose :)

Titanium
05-29-2014, 06:14 PM
This idea sounds like water in desert.

Too good to be true.

FluffNStuff
05-29-2014, 07:15 PM
This idea would make STS a metric ton of money so plat users should pray they never implement it. Unlocked crates will sell for 200K+ easy driving locked crates up over 150K. The reason they are so low compared to their payout is because their market is limited to only players willing to pay real money for in game gains, but open that market to everyone and the sky is the limit.
Just look at elixers. If you look at it that STS gets plat every time a player uses an elixer instead of buys one you will see that their elixir profits have shot through the roof. Same will go for locks.

octavos
05-30-2014, 09:15 AM
This idea would make STS a metric ton of money so plat users should pray they never implement it. Unlocked crates will sell for 200K+ easy driving locked crates up over 150K. The reason they are so low compared to their payout is because their market is limited to only players willing to pay real money for in game gains, but open that market to everyone and the sky is the limit.
Just look at elixers. If you look at it that STS gets plat every time a player uses an elixer instead of buys one you will see that their elixir profits have shot through the roof. Same will go for locks.

I want to play arcane legends and many more legends games that STG releases, Im no longer bitter that SL isn't updated...Im just glad I can still play with the time and money I have invested. Because if they go under, many will feel the same way. maybe go on a rampage if they cant play anymore. Giving more power to the player and options to choose from....even I would "Unlock" more chests. (this is saying tons because I've only opened 2 chests since its inception)

Haligali
05-30-2014, 10:12 AM

Great truth.

It should been looked also where those plats comes: free offers from us players (vpn tricks?) or real purchase from outside us.