health 428
regen 21
mana 684
regen 18
damage
134-156
dps 156
armor

any thoughts? i cant seem to find many dual spec dex mages. i still die fairly easy in dex mode but it is much better then int mode. is dual good only for pve and to change gear? is pure better. i see a lot about strength mage here.

Ayrilana
12-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I never saw the point of going full dex or a dual build with dex. I'd just re-roll as a bird so I can have those skills and be more useful. This is just my opinion.

ahijada
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm 127/127 dex/int mage. why? i dunno. thought in the future it'll be some use. but for now, im mostly cyber armor and helm with keepers (working on cyber doll). for FUN void gear with cyber blaster.

yes, i took the cyber void weapon over the cosmos. only because personally i dont think the cosmos is better than the keeper and that i didnt wanna pay for a megablaster :D

chrononh
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
My main is a level 50 dual dex/int Mage. I've always been partial to dex Mage and leveled up as one. It's a fun build, but....

Downside (that I see): not as much damage as int, not as good survivability as pally, middling mana and health regen (I use the cyber void set). For farming low level dungeons, I use dex because of the dps (prefer to use sunblessed bow, unless I need more armor where I use talon and wing), and it really is just fun to play. But when doing AO3 or playing in groups where I'm the only Mage, I switch to int for skills spamming.

I do switch to talon and wing when doing overlord, for higher armor. Otherwise, I farm with my other char which is a dual str/int Mage.

Origins
12-29-2010, 06:47 PM
thanks guys, i find that i hardly use my int gear. i mostly go full wraith with mega blaster. it seems more fun that way. for cyber items im going full wraith too. how much are we loosing by spliting dex/int as far as casting and regen?

chrononh
12-29-2010, 11:26 PM
how much are we loosing by spliting dex/int as far as casting and regen?

That's actually an interesting question that I've been meaning to work on for sometime. When they first tweaked the stats so that the skills are dependent on int, the range wasn't that bad, and you can get away with the int value we have as dual specs and still do reasonable damage while increasing your dodge and crit with the dex points.

(I think some guys compared the damage ranges for firestorm, lightning, etc for different values of int, and the conclusion was that the dependence on int was weak enough to compensate for the added survivability of the pally and dodge/crit for dex Mage. Damage varied linearly with int, if I remember correctly.)

Now, though, the weapons also affect skills damage. I've been itching to get my hands on some data to figure out the relationships, but I have some other stuff to do right now. Otherwise, it could be a fun math problem. I'm thinking along the lines of

Skill damage = f(int, weapon damage)

My guess is that they're all linear and int is independent of weapon damage.

Ellyidol
12-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Dex mages were the best pre-balance. They're still pretty good now, but with dex doing less for spell/base damage, they're damage output was dropped a lot.

The only reason why I'd use a dex mage now is to use the blaster, pretty good for bosses. But for mob clearing and such I'd probably use an int/pally.

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Dex mages were the best pre-balance. They're still pretty good now, but with dex doing less for spell/base damage, they're damage output was dropped a lot.

The only reason why I'd use a dex mage now is to use the blaster, pretty good for bosses. But for mob clearing and such I'd probably use an int/pally.

Dex is slightly useful right now. I am testing a Int mage with Dex favored stats. It works like a charm against war birds who seem to dodge every freakin thing... Spell damage is actually kinda weak in PvP since it always gets dodged. The critical from Dex breaks it pretty good though :).