PDA

View Full Version : Hows mage at endgame? (40-41)

Caiahar
05-28-2014, 05:16 PM
What title said. Last time I actually pvped, was at 26 cap, and mages were underpowered at the time (Shield was useless before it was buffed)
Im really lazy to read all the content updates, so I don't know.

Instanthumor
05-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Unless you're fully geared or miraculously OP, you'll get wrecked.

Attack Dog
05-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Unless you're fully geared or miraculously OP, you'll get wrecked.

Don't feel bad though this isn't just for mages, even warriors can get 4 hit by a rouge..

Bless
05-28-2014, 06:30 PM
It's not one class that's op, it's the gear.

Arcane ring > skill

will0
05-28-2014, 08:16 PM
My view is that rogues with arcane ring are seriously more dangerous (very high crit) than mage with one ... or also warrior infact

Ravager
05-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Mages are the worst of the 3 in pvp still. Even with max gear, they will get wrecked by most warriors.

Bangbam
05-28-2014, 09:17 PM
not if you have skill
you wont get "wrecked"
by most.
come on. im tired of people doubting mages.

Alhuntrazeck
05-28-2014, 09:28 PM
You'll need serious experience to survive. I have been PvPing since it came out (although admittedly only really played hardcore from s4 onward) and STILL get 1 hit by rogues.

Gear > Skill, so be ready to farm some gear! :/

andreim
05-29-2014, 08:05 AM
gangs every day. there's not even 1 time where you can actually play a good 1 vs 1 pvp. all want farm kills. you will have trouble with warriors, but you can beat mages and rogues easily if you know what you're doin. most of them out there relly only on gear and gangs to fight. but like i said, prepare to be ganged. Have lots of money.

Socrates
05-29-2014, 08:42 AM
not if you have skill
you wont get "wrecked"
by most.
come on. im tired of people doubting mages.

let's be honest a mage can't kill a tank unless he/she uses more than skills and best equip in game then yeah it is possible

Socrates
05-29-2014, 08:44 AM
It's not one class that's op, it's the gear.

Arcane ring > skill

couldn't agree more and the worst combination is tank with arcane ring for me the problem is that even with 3 people HE DOESN'T DIE for more like 1 min it's ridiculous.

Caiahar
05-29-2014, 03:33 PM
You'll need serious experience to survive. I have been PvPing since it came out (although admittedly only really played hardcore from s4 onward) and STILL get 1 hit by rogues.

Gear > Skill, so be ready to farm some gear! :/

I pvped with mage from 21-26 cap, so its about all i know for now.

I read someones mage pvp guide in mage section, it looks like they are able to kill rogues sometimes , and very hard to kill warriors..I dont know.
And if i really need full mythic and at least 1 arcane item, sucks for me.
Im bad at merching.

falmear
05-29-2014, 05:26 PM
If you want to be viable at end game PvP as mage get Samael. Without it you're just a walking target.

Sceazikua
05-29-2014, 10:20 PM

I read someones mage pvp guide in mage section, it looks like they are able to kill rogues sometimes , and very hard to kill warriors..I dont know.
Im bad at merching.

Killing rogues in friendly 1v1 that both are ready with 3 attack skills is fairly easy tbh, but most of the time we die is when walking around a pesky rogue just 1 shot you when you havent used shield.

Btw you dont need arcane, just mythic helm and armor, mythic amulet is cheap (about 250k). having mythic ring is a good boost, but its not "must have" to pvp. Im using the epic ring, mythic armor and helm, tarlok amulet of brutality, and cheap expedition rifle as weapon, and i can kill just fine with 3 attack skills, and swap to heal if a teammate needs mana or hp :)

Caiahar
05-29-2014, 10:32 PM

Im bad at merching.

Killing rogues in friendly 1v1 that both are ready with 3 attack skills is fairly easy tbh, but most of the time we die is when walking around a pesky rogue just 1 shot you when you havent used shield.

Btw you dont need arcane, just mythic helm and armor, mythic amulet is cheap (about 250k). having mythic ring is a good boost, but its not "must have" to pvp. Im using the epic ring, mythic armor and helm, tarlok amulet of brutality, and cheap expedition rifle as weapon, and i can kill just fine with 3 attack skills, and swap to heal if a teammate needs mana or hp :)
Thanks for info
Also, what are Samaels passive stats and arcane ability?

Sceazikua
05-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks for info
Also, what are Samaels passive stats and arcane ability?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114921-Samael-%96-in-depth-look
Dont forget to note this is only to lvl 36, at lvl 40 all arcane and mythic pets get a new passive ability :)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77834-Guide-Pet-system