PDA

View Full Version : Years later!

Samdegreat
05-29-2014, 05:08 PM
I crafted every single day since December and finally !!!!

hob
05-29-2014, 05:22 PM
GRATZ SAM!!!! I got last super gems on my armor too 2 weeks ago :)

Samdegreat
05-29-2014, 05:46 PM
GRATZ SAM!!!! I got last super gems on my armor too 2 weeks ago :)

Just got 1 left on helm :p
I used 1.2-1.5mill on gems just for mythic helm and armour... :(

Energizeric
05-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Congrats Sam. I've crafted my helm and armor dozens of times and never once got a super gem so I pretty much have given up. If I find out that there are no better helms and armors coming out with the new spring event, then I'll continue trying. Actually, I've only got 4 super gems out of 14 possible gems in all of my current gear.

Samdegreat
05-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Congrats Sam. I've crafted my helm and armor dozens of times and never once got a super gem so I pretty much have given up. If I find out that there are no better helms and armors coming out with the new spring event, then I'll continue trying. Actually, I've only got 4 super gems out of 14 possible gems in all of my current gear.

The last 2 weeks has been lucky for me I got 2 on magma, 1 on ring, 3 between helm and armour.

Kreasadriii
05-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Congrats sam, keep continue..
Yes the chance of upgrading sometimes makes me sick X_X

Helicopter
05-29-2014, 07:29 PM
I socketed my first gem on a Claymore the other day, and I got a Grand Blood Gem. Beginner's luck :P

ibighunk
05-29-2014, 09:55 PM
I m waiting for next double odd weekend. :)

ibighunk
05-29-2014, 09:57 PM
What is that epic ring. Is it better than night ocean ripple.

Reunegade
05-29-2014, 09:59 PM
I believe it's a good hoop of brutality or something

Madnex
05-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Nice! I always get the supergems on the stuff I want to sell.. it's getting ridiculous how they refuse to form superbonds on anything mythic.

Energizeric
05-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Even though I've had bad luck with getting super gems, I wouldn't want them to change a thing about the odds. Because if the odds become better, then super gems is something everyone will have.

Seriously, there is no point to making something difficult if everyone is going to get it anyway. If it's going to be difficult, then it must be difficult enough so that not everyone can do it even if they try their hardest. That's what this game is all about. You get lucky sometimes, other times not so much. If you try really hard, you will have enough chances that you will get lucky once in a while. But rarely will someone always get lucky.

Crowsfoot
05-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Nice! I always get the supergems on the stuff I want to sell.. it's getting ridiculous how they refuse to form superbonds on anything mythic.
I have three supers, let that sink in. I wish there was like a rare drop gem that was a guaranteed super. Put it in crates and bond to the looter. Anything.

ClumsyCactus
05-30-2014, 01:37 AM
My first gem ever was a supergem :/ on my lepre :/

Gensin
05-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Gratz! Sammy.

Aziiii
05-30-2014, 05:03 AM
lucky day sam :D

Samdegreat
05-30-2014, 09:49 AM
What is that epic ring. Is it better than night ocean ripple.

Since lv 21 I used iron ring of potency but this season I got a change= Stone loop of potency!

Also I'm still using Devourer maul :) FTW

P.s wow I never noticed ocean ring power :p

otakudesuu
05-30-2014, 01:10 PM
My first gem ever was a supergem :/ on my lepre :/

lmao

Ihateppl
05-30-2014, 06:25 PM
whats with the epic ring?? lol

Hercules
05-30-2014, 06:27 PM
I crafted every single day since December and finally !!!!

I dont want broke your illusion and funny but I believe that with one new upgraded mythic bye super gems :/

billythekidd
06-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Congratulations.. hard to get them, I've all but given up on my helm lol, all my items are perfect with super gems, excluding my helm, some I bought with supers, archon ring had one, doom didn't have any, glaive had one super, I'm usually pretty lucky with them, completed my armor in a few weeks, and other items fairly quickly, but I've spent hundreds of thousands on gems trying to super gem my mythic helm, including a lot of platinum, as I tend to be impatient, I still keep trying each night though, I just stopped keeping count of how much I've spent, less disappointing that way..

NJaNear
06-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Even though I've had bad luck with getting super gems, I wouldn't want them to change a thing about the odds. Because if the odds become better, then super gems is something everyone will have.

Seriously, there is no point to making something difficult if everyone is going to get it anyway. If it's going to be difficult, then it must be difficult enough so that not everyone can do it even if they try their hardest. That's what this game is all about. You get lucky sometimes, other times not so much. If you try really hard, you will have enough chances that you will get lucky once in a while. But rarely will someone always get lucky.

So you want a game based on pure luck? That's what you are getting my friend. Nothing in this game is difficult with money involved. So what you're saying is, you enjoy games that are "difficult" because they take time or real money to help speed up the process? Everyone is wearing the same gear, so who cares what gems they have?

I'm all for rare items, but don't get on a rant about how much you enjoy a luck system. I would much rather have a game that rewards players who have worked hard for those rare items. Dragon teeth vendor items would have been a great way to reward players, but instead they made the gear almost as useless as 99% of the gear that drops on this game.

Sorry, rant off

Energizeric
06-03-2014, 01:43 AM
So you want a game based on pure luck? That's what you are getting my friend. Nothing in this game is difficult with money involved. So what you're saying is, you enjoy games that are "difficult" because they take time or real money to help speed up the process? Everyone is wearing the same gear, so who cares what gems they have?

I'm all for rare items, but don't get on a rant about how much you enjoy a luck system. I would much rather have a game that rewards players who have worked hard for those rare items. Dragon teeth vendor items would have been a great way to reward players, but instead they made the gear almost as useless as 99% of the gear that drops on this game.

Sorry, rant off

I like a game with some aspects of both luck and hard work. I do like the looting system, where sometimes you get lucky and other times you do not. Obviously if you farm relentlessly and put in the time, you will get lucky often enough and earn some good money from selling the loot.

But I also like that there are some items so rare that there will never be enough to go around to everyone. Items like the Arcane weapons or Arcane ring.

But then you have items like the mythics.... Every player who puts in the time and works really hard can obtain these. I don't think I'm so special compared to everyone else, and I managed to be full mythic by the end of season 4, and never looted a single one of those items, it was all from farming/merching and buying the items, and not from plat spent on locked crates or anything like that. If I can do it, then so can others. But yes, it took a lot of time grinding.

Don't be discouraged, there are plenty of rewards in this game that come from hard work and dedication. I don't care how much plat someone spends, they are not going to be on the leaderboards. I have some very nice banners from making the leaderboard every season, and nobody who spends big money on plat can ever buy them. If you want to be on the leaderboard, you must put in the time and work very hard.

Prahasit Prahi
06-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Well Gratz!!

~Prahi

NJaNear
06-03-2014, 03:34 AM
I like a game with some aspects of both luck and hard work. I do like the looting system, where sometimes you get lucky and other times you do not. Obviously if you farm relentlessly and put in the time, you will get lucky often enough and earn some good money from selling the loot.

But I also like that there are some items so rare that there will never be enough to go around to everyone. Items like the Arcane weapons or Arcane ring.

But then you have items like the mythics.... Every player who puts in the time and works really hard can obtain these. I don't think I'm so special compared to everyone else, and I managed to be full mythic by the end of season 4, and never looted a single one of those items, it was all from farming/merching and buying the items, and not from plat spent on locked crates or anything like that. If I can do it, then so can others. But yes, it took a lot of time grinding.

Don't be discouraged, there are plenty of rewards in this game that come from hard work and dedication. I don't care how much plat someone spends, they are not going to be on the leaderboards. I have some very nice banners from making the leaderboard every season, and nobody who spends big money on plat can ever buy them. If you want to be on the leaderboard, you must put in the time and work very hard.

While I can understand how you like the idea of some items being so rare that only a few will ever have it. I don't think gems should hold similar value to arcane weapons and eggs. Why not add grand gems in the tooth vendor for around 50-75 teeth? All I'm saying is add some content that's not based on luck, but on how hard you work. I am not a fan of luck systems that increase in odds based on how much plat you or someone else spends.