PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Remove the player's name who is retired already.

Xeusx
05-30-2014, 04:11 AM
STS, can u remove player's name who is retired already?
I want Sentinel -_- love that name because sentinel name is from X-Men: Days of future past movie
And everyone want great name from retired player too :P
Can u, STS? :3

Note: No flame or troll, if u do, I start to hunt ur brain.

Hoardseeker
05-30-2014, 04:20 AM
+1 Rename those player to Retired1/Retired....and Give them a Free Rename option :)

ibighunk
05-30-2014, 04:34 AM
+1 and also give me there gold and gear. :)

Xeusx
05-30-2014, 04:40 AM
+1 Rename those player to Retired1/Retired....and Give them a Free Rename option :)
Yeah, this is good for those retired player but now return...

Xeusx
05-30-2014, 04:40 AM
No, just no, i dont want STS reject this suggestion :/

Bless
05-30-2014, 04:48 AM
If the player has not been online in over 8 months then I think names should be available to others, anything under that may mean the person is taking a break or something.

Xeusx
05-30-2014, 05:01 AM
If the player has not been online in over 8 months then I think names should be available to others, anything under that may mean the person is taking a break or something.
This unique name like sentinel, death, life, gemini, etc offline forever in over 1 year should become Retired1, retired1 player can change name for free in 1 time.

Jack O Reaper
05-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes good idea +1

I want a cool name too that the other player dont use like Astaroth,live and etc..

Jack O Reaper
05-30-2014, 06:21 AM

Good idea but not only u let me have some, like making a giveaway contest how many is the items thats how many players can win!

ibighunk
05-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Yes good idea 1

I want a cool name too that the other player dont use like Astaroth,live and etc..

My ign is already unique :) . Axapollo.
Do u want some unique name. Haha

cindersx
05-30-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't really know how to explain it, but I really think this is a bad idea.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Cero
05-30-2014, 07:57 AM
It feels like stealing someone's name/reputation
After they die.

ibighunk
05-30-2014, 08:12 AM
LOL zeusblade :O

Sceazikua
05-30-2014, 08:22 AM
It feels like stealing someone's name/reputation
After they die.

true lol. -1
What if they came back and see their name as retired96439? they will leave forever in rage lol.

Xeusx
05-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks you guys for the comments/thoughts about this suggestion :)
Don't mad at me because of this suggestion..just for suggesting ;)

dantus
05-30-2014, 02:47 PM
If a player has not logged in for 6 months id say its safe to recylcle the names. People gathered names at launch by tje masses to resell pr maybe use later. After they quit all those names die woth them this is unfair to new players. +1

Kakashis
05-30-2014, 03:29 PM
I agree, 6 months should be the cut off for name recycling

Archerios
05-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Some of those unique names are reserved before Arcane Legends even released.They cost platinums to reserved those name which mean they buy the names with real money.If STS change their name without proper reason such as not online for 6 or 8 months,it simply mean scamming their platinums.Find the solution for this problem and I will agree with your idea.

Titanium
05-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Dear Santa ,

Serancha
05-30-2014, 05:27 PM
I think this would be only ok if it was an unused character. IE: If someone is monopolizing a name by holding it on a level 1 alt, then that should be released for the actual players to use. So if there is a character under say, level 5, that has not been logged into for 6 months, they are cleared from the server (or renamed with a token "sts name" like dhkdhsdgueigdj), and the name released to the players.

But it if is someone who actually played a cap and "used" the name, then they should not have that taken away unless it is certain they have left the game and their reputation with them. 8 months is too short for this, but there could be a clause that if someone does not log in for 18 months, then the character is deleted from the server.

LordDravek
05-30-2014, 05:39 PM
bad idea. very bad idea.

it doesn't matter how long a player is inactive. example: I was inactive from eve for 2 years and decided to rejoin. my gear was still there. after 4 prior years of paying every month and hard work to build that char, id be pretty upset if my account/name was wiped... not to mention, everyone who knows that player would assume they have come back, and the problems would arise.

Just because you like a name doesn't give any rights to it. It's first come first serve, and let it be. Nobody else does this because it can cause major identity problems and issues.

"let it go... let it go... "

Fyrce
05-30-2014, 06:21 PM
I have been absent from games for 1-4 years at a time. Possibly even longer than that. I'd be pretty mad on return to find that I'd become Retired9183409184938204938149038.

And yes, I do drop by periodically to see what's going on, who's still around, how the world has changed, but sometimes I forget for a year or more or do not realize how long I've really been absent (I think it's been a couple months but it's really been over a year).

Moreover, when I see someone, I expect it to be them, not some grabby stranger.

Zylx
05-30-2014, 08:09 PM
The name i want belongs to a dev :(

Hoardseeker
05-30-2014, 10:44 PM
What about Veteran/Veteran2? They got numbers in their name

Zylx
05-30-2014, 10:50 PM
What about Veteran/Veteran2? They got numbers in their name

There was a similar situation where a different name had a number in it. Sam stated that it was a measly error that occurred on their part when they restored the player's character.

Hectororius
05-31-2014, 07:07 AM
this sadly would lead to scammers having another easy avenue to scam. There is enough instances where players switch names currently and if they dont reserve their name, another player will pick it up and start impersonating then, or less scammy but scummy, they'll go and try and resell the name to the former player.

Slant
05-31-2014, 07:26 AM
no way please what if they decide to come back

lol

Kill3rPao
05-31-2014, 07:44 AM
Nice thread, So long time ago I asked for this, here's the answer :

Wutzgood
05-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Bad idea. I've ran into a bunch of people who stopped playing for over a year and wanted to know prices of old discontinued items. Those people returned to be very rich when they had an inventory full of heraldics, founder gear and arlor vanities. They deserve to keep their names if they stop playing for any amount of time.

jiph
05-31-2014, 04:05 PM
I want iseenoobs

Bless
05-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Another perspective to put out there:

Isn't it a slap to the original owners face, if they come back to see their character with a randomised name whilst some stranger has their name and identity?

Hoardseeker
05-31-2014, 11:23 PM

Isn't it a slap to the original owners face, if they come back to see their character with a randomised name whilst some stranger has their name and identity?
Isn't it fair to create a New Lv1 Char with Rare name and Keep it aside without Leveling it/Using it?Just making Showoffs/Scams

Attack Dog
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
+1. I'm just saying it not gunna give it. But I want the name "law" so yeah.

But it isn't a bad idea, say after 5 months of inactivity their name is renamed, it's their own fault. It's not fair that they can have a rare name and not even play.

Attack Dog
05-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Dear Santa ,

This is a real constructive post.

Pin
06-01-2014, 12:45 AM
+1. I'm just saying it not gunna give it. But I want the name "law" so yeah.

But it isn't a bad idea, say after 5 months of inactivity their name is renamed, it's their own fault. It's not fair that they can have a rare name and not even play.

Is it the old players fault that you can't get an original name because you started playing late? It ain't their fault too. How about you renaming to retired1234567, how would you feel. #No offense

Madnex
06-01-2014, 03:35 AM
Inactives for over a year should get an email warning giving them two more weeks to log in or else their unused character names will be cleared.

Name hoarding is idiotic indeed but originality and creativity never hurt anyone.

+1

Archerios
06-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Some of those unique names are reserved before Arcane Legends even released.They cost platinums to reserved those name which mean they buy the names with real money.If STS change their name without proper reason such as not online for 6 or 8 months,it simply mean scamming their platinums.Find the solution for this problem and I will agree with your idea.
Anyone solve this?

Bless
06-01-2014, 04:27 AM

Isn't it fair to create a New Lv1 Char with Rare name and Keep it aside without Leveling it/Using it?Just making Showoffs/Scams Is it yours to have control over? If you want the unique names, tough. Or play the game in its earlier development stages.

Pin
06-01-2014, 05:00 AM
Or you can name yourself active1234567 or activeabcdefg

Hail
06-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Sorry but -1
"Ever heard of first in best dress"
That person got that name, that is that. How fair can it be to take that name away from that person if they ever come back to AL. Wont it completely disgust them from returning back to the game?
~just my opinion :)

Andrisber
06-01-2014, 05:29 AM
You started playing too late to get the name and now you will delete the name to get it? It is your fault. Players who took the names do deserve them

Schnitzel
06-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Havent read much, but what if that inactive player one day comes on and sees a computer gen. Name as their new name?

Player logs on
Abcdefg Lvl.41 warrior
Player:Whaaaaaaaaaa?!

Btw, its just a name, wont affect stats, why do people want certain names?

Someone in AL took "Ruizhe" so i added "xRuizhex" as my name
Am i upset? A little.
But atleast people still know who i am

epicrrr
06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
no no no no nop nop

well, idk how ToS covers name but deleting it without permission is really bad as it sound. I think people who wants this just want to resell the names for themselves which is bannable i think